• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well it's July now. 2 months and 2 days until the Ballot closes on October 3rd.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Could somebody remember me why we will get FE:IF in 2016 when a Fan Translation team is working faster than Big N ?

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Could somebody remember me why we will get FE:IF in 2016 when a Fan Translation team is working faster than Big N ?
Because they're just translating, NoA will censor everything.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Three months. August, September, October.
Right but wrong.The three months would be the rest of July then august and September.

I wonder if there'll be a mad dash at the end of the polls. Who do you think will be big in 3 months?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Because they're just translating, NoA will censor everything.
I don't see why it would be censored ... If i remember correctly , Awakening wasn't censored in Europe and it have a PEGI 12 ( Yes we got Tharja booty in the DLC :awesome:) . So IF can just be PEGI 16 without a problem .

But in the US it's not the same .

Is there something between T and M ? For us European it's in age ( PEGI : 3/7/12/16/8 ) so it might be easier .

Or they could put an M rating and call it a day :awesome:
B-but it's a kid games ! Remember ? Video Games with anime look is for kiddies !

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I don't see why it would be censored ... If i remember correctly , Awakening wasn't censored in Europe and it have a PEGI 12 ( Yes we got Tharja booty in the DLC :awesome:) . So IF can just be PEGI 16 without a problem .
But in the US it's not the same .
Is there something between T and M ? For us European it's in age ( PEGI : 3/7/12/16/8 ) so it might be easier .
Nope.
We have Teen (13+), Mature (17+) and if you want to kill the sales of your game, Adults Only (18+)

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
different hours mostly fan translators can works more hours in a day than official translators do to having acess to the game at all times

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Right but wrong.The three months would be the rest of July then august and September.

I wonder if there'll be a mad dash at the end of the polls. Who do you think will be big in 3 months?
K.Rool will probably still be big, considering he's been big this whole time. And if Splatoon does keep up with the summer updates, i could see Inklings getting some more votes.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
That made me actually lol!

But what do you mean by my "other shoe"? I thought you were implying that I was wrong about something else.
No it was poking fun that you ate a shoe, I was saying that you ate the other shoe now.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I never did get that. If everyone else has a middle man between the two, why not us?
Yeah I think it should structured differently.
Teen (12+)
Mature (15+)
More Mature (17+)

Honestly, some of the games I play that are rated Mature, like Dark Souls and even Resident Evil, would fit better under 15+ than 17+.

However, I find the ratings to be kinda useless anyway.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I have been thinking about this whole ballot thing as a whole.
And it generally can't end positively.
The moment Sakurai closes the DLC Hype Train.
There will be Riots.
Be it the Veteran Fans. <Looking at every single one of them.
Or the folks who didn't get their character in (Even if said character didn't have a feasible chance to begin with.)
On a personal level I am in no position to complain I want a few in and Wolf to return but I can't really complain in either side of the arguments because I got Lucas.
I want to see how the ballot will start, and how it will end.
And to clarify from earlier
@ TheAnvil TheAnvil
I have played a few levels in the first world of tropical freeze. Dixie is my favourite by far and I already have two barrels on stand-by. I do somewhat support Dixie for a reason now.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Only reason AA5 got an M rating was for blood iirc.

Ratings are weird, Megaman BN2 had lots of profanity and very unsubtle sexual innuendos, the game still managed to get an E rating. Even it's VC re-release got an E rating even though E10+ exists.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I have been thinking about this whole ballot thing as a whole.
And it generally can't end positively.
The moment Sakurai closes the DLC Hype Train.
There will be Riots.
Be it the Veteran Fans. <Looking at every single one of them.
Or the folks who didn't get their character in (Even if said character didn't have a feasible chance to begin with.)
On a personal level I am in no position to complain I want a few in and Wolf to return but I can't really complain in either side of the arguments because I got Lucas.
I want to se how the ballot will start, and how it will end.
And to clarify from earlier
@ TheAnvil TheAnvil
I have played a few levels in the first world of tropical freeze. Dixie is my favourite by far and I already have to barrels on stand-by. I do somewhat support Dixie for a reason now.
Honestly Dixie has always been the most fun character in the DKC series. It's probably a large part of the reason why DKC3 was my favorite as a kid.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Honestly, I don't care if my wants don't make it into the ballot, I am satisfied with the roster as is, it has literally almost everyone I ever seriously wanted minus a few vet cuts. I would only complain if we get really undeserving characters, but Sakurai has a great track record with character inclusions so I'm not worried.

All I ask for is plenty of stage DLC and PLEASE an expansion to the stage builder.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Honestly, I don't care if my wants don't make it into the ballot, I am satisfied with the roster as is, it has literally almost everyone I ever seriously wanted minus a few vet cuts. I would only complain if we get really undeserving characters, but Sakurai has a great track record with character inclusions so I'm not worried.

All I ask for is plenty of stage DLC and PLEASE an expansion to the stage builder.
I don't know about you on this one, But if Shovel Knight gets in.
Before someone First Party high up.
I will be furious. And Fast.:sonic:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
There are plenty of characters I want as DLC. I realize that not all of them will be playable.

And I'm okay with that. The roster is fantastic already. Even if I don't get Rayman, Wolf, or whoever else, I still have a bunch of favorites to play as.

D

Deleted member

No one will complain about "undeserving" characters, at least not forever.
Look at Dark Pit, or Doctor Mario, or Sheik and ZSS
They are subjective and knowing Sakurai, there's probably some hidden semantics behind his choices

Naoshi

No one will complain about "undeserving" characters, at least not forever.
Look at Dark Pit, or Doctor Mario, or Sheik and ZSS
They are subjective and knowing Sakurai, there's probably some hidden semantics behind his choices
Dark Pit and Doctor Mario were extra characters as quick second clones, so they don't really count. They are actually in a different situation due to that if you ask me. So the hate on them was weird.

Sheik was deserving for her time, she was an alt ego of the title character (Zelda). She was in fact why Zelda got in Smash in the first place. Although yeah this is subjective I guess.

ZSS on the other hand is really just Samus in a diff suit. And the closest choice they can get out of a 2nd rep in the Metroid series, so that works out.

Undeserving to me are random characters who are insignificant to the series they're from, or third parties who are obscure. One-off characters in long running franchises IMO are also kinda undeserving, which Shiek nearly falls into. There is actual justification behind her as explained.

I feel the roster in Smash is very consistent with the picks.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Same here. Only characters I really care for to come back are :snake::wolf:&:popo:. I do want Dixie Kong and small case of wanting Impa but no one else comes to mind

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I probably shouldn't ask this question... but since we're on the topic, which characters would you consider to be undeserving?

Not trying to incite any flame wars or anything, just want to gauge interest in certain characters.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

Aside from cut vets, the only Nintendo character that the game is really lacking is Dixie, I guess you could argue a case for Toad too. That's pretty impressive really. Stuff like Inklings/Chibi Robo etc would be neat and all, but the lack of their inclusion isn't a hole in the roster per se.

When you see that some of the more popular newcomer requests are for characters like Wonder Red, Impa and Sceptile then you can see that they've all around done a great job.

I probably shouldn't ask this question... but since we're on the topic, which characters would you consider to be undeserving?
Nintendo characters from dead/unsuccessful franchises that don't qualify as Retro additions. More characters from niche/over represented franchises and 3rd Party characters that aren't iconic and lack both significant ties to Nintendo and significant gaming legacies.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
There are plenty of characters I want as DLC. I realize that not all of them will be playable.

And I'm okay with that. The roster is fantastic already. Even if I don't get Rayman, Wolf, or whoever else, I still have a bunch of favorites to play as.
yeah, I won't be selfish; the roster is already fantastic to me; I just think that doesn't hurt to be cheering for some other characters I want, since they still have a slight chance. =P

Curious here.
Are there still people who hate Dark Pit?
I grew fond of him before ma main returned and I really like him in general now.
Not to mention his bad-*** Amiibo.
Ow the obivious joke.
heh.. he's my training dummy :awesome:

Naoshi

Aside from cut vets, the only Nintendo character that the game is really lacking is Dixie, I guess you could argue a case for Toad too. That's pretty impressive really. Stuff like Inklings/Chibi Robo etc would be neat and all, but the lack of their inclusion isn't a hole in the roster per se.

When you see that some of the more popular newcomer requests are for characters like Wonder Red, Impa and Sceptile then you can see that they've all around done a great job.

Nintendo characters from dead/unsuccessful franchises that don't qualify as Retro additions. More characters from niche/over represented franchises and 3rd Party characters that aren't iconic and lack both significant ties to Nintendo and significant gaming legacies.
I agree wholeheartedly. Although, with DLC, I think they could give some of the characters a good chance like Isaac despite his status. I feel the Ballot somewhat gives a chance to a few characters who never had a good one. Especially with Sakurai saying this is gonna be all for the fans.

Also yeah, the lack of a third DK character really bewilders me. I have a good feeling that will be fixed soon.

I think Inklings and such should probably be saved for Smash Bros 5. I think Smash Bros 4 should stick with gaming history from 1980 to 2014. With Smash 5 being from 1980 to whatever year this game will release (probably 2021, 2012?).

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Re:ratings - if I'm not mistaken the AO rating is really more a notifier for game devs to go back and change a thing or two so it can be re rated as M and sold in stores. I think Steam does allow AO though, and to my knowledge there's one game that fits that bill and it's for extremely controversial content (being forced to kill people; you know which game I refer to). In that case AO serves as a "trigger warning" in the true sense. At least in GTA you don't have to kill bystanders if you don't want to, but the rest is best saved for the Debate Hall or something. I'll drop it now

@ Naoshi Naoshi what to you constitutes an "obscure third party"? I'm curious.

Naoshi

Re:ratings - if I'm not mistaken the AO rating is really more a notifier for game devs to go back and change a thing or two so it can be re rated as M and sold in stores. I think Steam does allow AO though, and to my knowledge there's one game that fits that bill and it's for extremely controversial content (being forced to kill people; you know which game I refer to). In that case AO serves as a "trigger warning" in the true sense. At least in GTA you don't have to kill bystanders if you don't want to, but the rest is best saved for the Debate Hall or something. I'll drop it now

3rd party franchises that aren't well known to the mainstream. I feel third parties are special occasions that should only go with what really is considered a big deal. I feel every third party in Smash thus far are mainstream. Kind of a VIP thing.

...Despite that, I would be open to an indie slot if such a thing happens. I've been a bit more open to that lately, but I am still unsure how I feel about Shovel Knight and Shantae.

Last edited:

Soul.

I don't think the characters in the roster as is are undeserving. All of them are there for a reason.
That's just me I guess, I'm not into speculah so perhaps my opinion doesn't count.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Not trying to incite any flame wars or anything, just want to gauge interest in certain characters.
Mostly what @ TheAnvil TheAnvil said however there are 2-3 characters I feel like they don't belong but I say those since they are popular third-party request. I'm gonna keep my mouth shut because I can easily piss off the entire thread

yeah, I won't be selfish; the roster is already fantastic to me; I just think that doesn't hurt to be cheering for some other characters I want, since they still have a slight chance. =P

heh.. he's my training dummy :awesome:
Oh look at that, you're not dead :upsidedown:

Why do you have the worst JoJo as your avatar?

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I agree whole heartedly.

Also yeah, the lack of a third DK character really bewilders me. I have a good feeling that will be fixed soon.

I think Inklings and such should probably be saved for Smash Bros 5. I think Smash Bros 4 should stick with gaming history from 1980 to 2014. With Smash 5 being from 1980 to whatever year this game will release (probably 2021, 2012?).
I've always loved the idea of them including a really, really old character. Nintendo has been around as a company for 126 years, there must be some character from before 1900 that they could use. To have a character that was invented in the 1800s being included would be really, really cool IMO.

The started out as a trading card company, so they must have something from their days making trading cards that they could use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom