• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

continuityOfficer

Smash Champion
Ho. ly. ****.

Wouldn't be surprised if it were fake, but this looks hype.
I think this is fake. i mean, i dont get who this is supposed to be giving to. Share Holders, the only realistic group this could be given to right now dont want this kind of a trailer. This is advertised to fans in such a way that it looks somewhat like it could be for them. Share Holders dont care that there will be a new Mario and metroid, they would instead say that new popular IP would be coming or somthing similar. Plus "providing a successful launch" dosnt make much sense, are they saying these games arent going to start work until post-launch? for metroid, that could mean 3 years.

EDIT: ALSO, THE SHARE HOLDERS ARE BLOODY JAPANESE

EDIT 2: AND LETS SAY THEY WHERE ENGLISH, WHY IS IWATA TALKING IN JAPANESE TO INTRODUCE AN ENGLISH TRAILER

Last edited:

Sonicthesneak

Smash Ace
I know Issac is not a given, but he's the only Nintendo character I personally want for Smash DLC. Everyone else is all around the same (not including Veterans) so I am super impartial.

For veterans it's Wolf or nothing but with a blind dream for Young Link.

The only other Nintendo character I wanted for Smash 4 is Takamaru and since he is an AT, he has no chance until Smash 5.

Also, :080:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Weren't there 7 Stage placeholders added? That would mean there's 2 more stages coming that we don't know about.

I do agree with the opinion that three Marios is too much. My main reason for not wanting Young Link back is because I don't want a third Link, so I'd be quite the hypocrite to want three Marios.

At the same time.....there's not much competition left for the Mario series. Rosalina and Bowser Jr were the most important characters in the main series after the ones that are already Smash veterans (excluding Toad, who's doomed to Neutral B hell).

I'd rather have a unique character, but none of the remaining unique Mario characters are that good or important. Paper Mario's one of the best choices left.

....And before anyone says "But he would be unique!", I meant in regard to appearance. Paper Mario would obviously fight much differently than regular Mario and Doc, but he's still a short little mustached man in red.
I've always regarded King Boo, Paper Mario, Toad/Captain as the most viable Mario characters. I know Toad is Peach's neutral B, but because they're a species and not an individual, then I could see that it wouldn't completely rule him out like an AT does for say Takamaru or Waluigi.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
"Fans shouldn't worry about Boom as it won't replace the main series"
By the time Boom has 3 console games and this the main series only got Sonic runners iirc
The only good thing I see from boom.
Is I hope it means Sonic Team are sitting down and thinking the next game through.
I don't want another happy go lucky plot like Generations and colours.
I want something to rival Sa2 and Unleashed.
I mean in the context of Canon, Eggman goes from separating the World into pieces and then resorts to a theme park in space.
It's like he just doesn't care anymore.
Hopefully the next sonic game also has a gameplay style similar to the Boost trilogy or takes on an adventure-ish approach.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Another Boom game on the horizion.
Make of this how you will.
It hurt so much for a Sonic Fan Like me.

I just need something from Sonic Team , THE Sonic TEAM . When you see that their Sonic Runners is better thant any Mobile Sonic Game .

Just One year to wait . Only One year before the real blue blur Strike back during his 25th anniversary

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I like Boom. As in, the show. The games are infamous for being bad, the PR guy said Sticks was the new character in Fire and Ice. I think that says enough.
Just for context my post is directed solely at the games.
I haven't played any of them nor do I plan to.
But the show has had me laughing on multiple occasions.
Mostly because of the brilliant lines and delivery from Knuckles and Eggman.

It hurt so much for a Sonic Fan Like me.
I just need something from Sonic Team , THE Sonic TEAM . When you see that their Sonic Runners is better thant any Mobile Sonic Game .
Just One year to wait . Only One year before the real blue blur Strike back during his 25th anniversary
I don't know how I would feel if Boom Sonic got the 25th anniversary game.
But hey at least :4sonic: is at the Olympics again right?

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Mornin Folks.
How's everyone feeling today.
Anyway. Just about to play Tropical Freeze for the first time (my Back-Log is horrendous btw)
So if my opinions alter on Dixie you will know the reason why.
Dixie is the most fun character in Tropical Freeze. By far!

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Looks like I haven't missed too much.

On the topic of Isaac.... his fan base let him down. If Dark Dawn had cleared a million copies sold, in the same way the GBA games did, I have no doubt he would be in Smash already. People needed to vote with their wallet on that one.

I do think he has a decent chance thanks to the ballot, but it really depends on the number of remaining DLC choices.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

On the topic of Isaac.... his fan base let him down. If Dark Dawn had cleared a million copies sold, in the same way the GBA games did, I have no doubt he would be in Smash already. People needed to vote with their wallet on that one.

I do think he has a decent chance thanks to the ballot, but it really depends on the number of remaining DLC choices.
Do we actually have any reliable sales data for DD? Heard it did quite well. Also, Isaac's son, Matthew was the protagonist in that game, so they'd put him in smash instead if your theory has merit

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Do we actually have any reliable sales data for DD? Heard it did quite well. Also, Isaac's son, Matthew was the protagonist in that game, so they'd put him in smash instead if your theory has merit
About to leave for work, but I'll try to look up some figures later today.

At the very least, it didn't sell well enough to start development on a sequel.

EDIT: It at least bombed in Japan, selling only 80,000 units it's first year on the market:

http://geimin.net/da/db/2011_ne_mc/index.php

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
About to leave for work, but I'll try to look up some figures later today.

At the very least, it didn't sell well enough to start development on a sequel.

EDIT: It at least bombed in Japan, selling only 80,000 units it's first year on the market:

http://geimin.net/da/db/2011_ne_mc/index.php
Golden Sun wasn't popular in Japan at all iirc, US and Europe preferred the game, not to mention sales =/= sequels. Otherwise Dark Dawn would have happened years ago and Metroid wouldn't have had any hiatus. 8 years between Super and Fusion. Still waiting more than 8 years for a Metroid game that actually feels like a Metroid game

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

Shovel Knight hasn't cleared a million yet either, and it's on almost every platform. Having a boxed version will probably help clear that hurdle though.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
D

Deleted member

By the time Boom has 3 console games and this the main series only got Sonic runners iirc
....Sonic Dash 1 was a mobile game.
I don''t see any reason why Sonic Dash 2 would be any different.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
So last night i ordered Dark Pit, Palutena, and Ganondorf off of amazon. Since i apparently had $30 Discover cash back money, i applied it to the purchases and it only cost me $43 for all 3. Not. Bad. At. All. I'm waiting until Zero Suit Samus's price drops- it's currently over $30. I'm not willing to spend that much so soon. I'm not desperate...yet

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
"Your going home in a box Shovel Knight"

:troll:
"I'M GONNA BEAT YOU LIKE A DRUM"

Sonic Team is actually working on something. I don't know what it is though, but the Sonic Boom games are not replacing the mainline. I can assure that.

With that said, I wouldn't be surprised if the Sonic Boom games are replacing the handheld series. But I'll be honest there, nothing of value is lost, especially with Dimps' terrible track record. I really do wish Sega would wake up and hire a competent developer for the Sonic handheld games though, or at least make Dimps learn how to make good Sonic games again like Advance 1 and Rush Adventure...

Last edited:

Soul.

Wait... another Sonic Boom game? Man, this is turning into some "let's make it because why not" thing.

Handheld Sonic games aren't that bad. I'd be worried more about console Sonic games; you know people don't receive those well.

--
Pokkén Tournament stream coming July 3rd lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom