• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Hm? RTC raters? What's that?
Rate Their Chances. It's a forum game where everyone rates a character's chances for Smash inclusion(DUH). All sorts of characters get rated, some worse than others.

And with the less popular characters, they always get low ratings.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Rate Their Chances. It's a forum game where everyone rates a character's chances for Smash inclusion(DUH). All sorts of characters get rated, some worse than others.

And with the less popular characters, they always get low ratings.
well to guive you an idea....

Pretty much EVERYONE if not all underrated so much paper mario using the infamous another mario argument....

Seriously, I was so salty I actually didn;t even tried to rate him....

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Pretty much EVERYONE if not all underrated so much paper mario using the infamous another mario argument....

I have the idea. Not only that, it's being shoved into my face in a way that I can simply reword your quote to express it.

"Pretty much EVERYONE if not all underrated Sylux using the infamous Ridley first argument.."

We get it, people want Ridley. But he's flat out not happening in this game.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I have the idea. Not only that, it's being shoved into my face in a way that I can simply reword your quote to express it.

"Pretty much EVERYONE if not all underrated Sylux using the infamous Ridley first argument.."

But you see, we also love the "all or nothing" argument.
So for some, if they can't have Ridley, we shouldn't have anyone.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

the one thing that tbh i feel kinda bad about you is this.

Sylux being in the new game (from what i got with your thread tittle) does help him.

But it won;t break that argument......which is very annoying.

While for me, not only I got something that helps BUT it made the argument I got sick of kinda irrelevant.

That's....kinda bad tbh, why they didn't break both arguments so we can both be happy :)

Some people really need to know what it is leading support of unpopular characters :)

Burb

The Absolute Worst

I don't think Sylux in SSB4 is happening, either.

His best bet is the same as Ridley's: next game. It's just that he's got the edge heading into next game, seeing as how Sakurai said "no" to Ridley.

Granted, he said "no" to Villager and Miis, too....I feel he's more sure about this than he was about them, though.

Sylux being in the new game (from what i got with your thread tittle) does help him.
It doesn't help him right now.

The game hasn't even been announced for development. We've just been told that's the plan. For all we know, Federation Force might flop and Nintendo could interpret that as a lack of interest in Metroid, and the series (as well as the Prime 4 plans) could be put on ice.

That's why I keep saying "next game". Right now he's an obscure character with a small following. He's one of the only remaining Metroid characters that could work in Smash for SSB4, but he's just not popular yet.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight

Well I'm afraid your going to have to put p with a lot of people saying Mario and Paper Mario are the same. Seriously you'd be surprised by the amount of people who know nothing of Mario lore. Some still think Wario is a bad guy and not a anti-hero. And many fail to see Peach and Luigi's personalities that come out in the RPGs. A lot of people fail to see that Mario does have a personality.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Well I'm afraid your going to have to put p with a lot of people saying Mario and Paper Mario are the same. Seriously you'd be surprised by the amount of people who know nothing of Mario lore. Some still think Wario is a bad guy and not a anti-hero. And many fail to see Peach and Luigi's personalities that come out in the RPGs. A lot of people fail to see that Mario does have a personality.
To be fair... Mario lore is not something people normally care for. There's also the fact most people who has played Mario has never touched the RPG games. The mainline + Kart games sells several times more than their story central games.

I don't think it should be surprising at all tbh.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I don't think Sylux in SSB4 is happening, either.

His best bet is the same as Ridley's: next game. It's just that he's got the edge heading into next game, seeing as how Sakurai said "no" to Ridley.

Granted, he said "no" to Villager and Miis, too....I feel he's more sure about this than he was about them, though.
I've also said that I sincerely believe its chances are stupendously low, but at least it's building support for now. In a way, it's a win win situation. If it gets in Sm4sh, win. If it doesn't, it has ground to stand on for the next Smash game.

The negativity is hardly surprising(not yours, since it's not negativity, just fair reasoning), but throw in blind support for Ridley when Sakurai explicitly said no and it gets irritating.

But you see, we also love the "all or nothing" argument.
So for some, if they can't have Ridley, we shouldn't have anyone.
Rather selfish, really.

Chrono.

Mario lore truly is a blessing because of how vague it is.

Waluigi just exists and we're just gonna have to live with that.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
The thing is, paper jam just alleviate it because it's now way easier to show why you could think otherwise.

Before, trust me, it was more complicated.....

Starlight_Lily

To be fair... Mario lore is not something people normally care for. There's also the fact most people who has played Mario has never touched the RPG games. The mainline + Kart games sells several times more than their story central games.

I don't think it should be surprising at all tbh.
Well my main points are what I listed, things that are clearly shown in the spin-offs. I find it weird how some people see Wario as a villain when it most spin-off games, he just a jerk, or is part of wacky slapstick humour.

But the main thing that really get on my nerves a lot of people refuse to admit Mario has a personality. Yeah its a pretty basic heroic one, but its still a personality.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
@ PushDustIn PushDustIn : This may sound like a useless idea, but has anyone dumped the 3DS Smash Controller App for potential unused content? I know its kind of a stretch, but it just peaked my curiousity XD.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I do agree with the opinion that three Marios is too much. My main reason for not wanting Young Link back is because I don't want a third Link, so I'd be quite the hypocrite to want three Marios.

At the same time.....there's not much competition left for the Mario series. Rosalina and Bowser Jr were the most important characters in the main series after the ones that are already Smash veterans (excluding Toad, who's doomed to Neutral B hell).

I'd rather have a unique character, but none of the remaining unique Mario characters are that good or important. Paper Mario's one of the best choices left.

....And before anyone says "But he would be unique!", I meant in regard to appearance. Paper Mario would obviously fight much differently than regular Mario and Doc, but he's still a short little mustached man in red.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I do agree with the opinion that three Marios is too much.

At the same time.....there's not much competition left for the Mario series. Rosalina and Bowser Jr were the most important characters in the main series after the ones that are already Smash veterans (excluding Toad, who's doomed to Neutral B hell).

I'd rather have a unique character, but none of the remaining unique Mario characters are that good or important. Paper Mario's one of the best choices left.

....And before anyone says "But he would be unique!", I meant in regard to appearance. Paper Mario would obviously fight much differently than regular Mario and Doc, but he's still a short little mustached man in red.
tbh....it;s slightly debatable.

I really feel and think that Paper Mario artstyle does look a lot more striking to me as the normal one. They may be based on the same concept, but to me, the difference are quite striking to my eyes.

it;s mostly the brightness and how vivid the colors are, I really feel it;s different in that regard.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I surprised no one here is talking about the supposed leak of the NX called the Nintendo Cross

Burb

The Absolute Worst
tbh....it;s slightly debatable.

I really feel and think that Paper Mario artstyle does look a lot more striking to me as the normal one. They may be based on the same concept, but to me, the difference are quite striking to my eyes.

it;s mostly the brightness and how vivid the colors are, I really feel it;s different in that regard.
They're the same character with a different art style. They look the same for the most part.

The differences in appearance between Mario and Paper Mario are far less than the ones of, say, Link and Toon Link.

I surprised no one here is talking about the supposed leak of the NX called the Nintendo Cross
Because NX leaks at this point are incredibly stupid and have a -100% chance of being real.

Ho. ly. ****.

Wouldn't be surprised if it were fake, but this looks hype.
Gonna copy and paste this Youtube comment that disproves it:

Sorry guys, this is a fake: - Beginning uses audio from an earlier reveal during the Wii era. - The entire trailer being in English and not using the standard Nintendo font is sketch. - Controller is one big mess of a photoshop job.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
They're the same character with a different art style. They look the same for the most part.

The differences in appearance between Mario and Paper Mario are far less than the ones of, say, Link and Toon Link.

Because NX leaks at this point are incredibly stupid and have a -100% chance of being real.

Gonna copy and paste this Youtube comment that disproves it:

Sorry guys, this is a fake: - Beginning uses audio from an earlier reveal during the Wii era. - The entire trailer being in English and not using the standard Nintendo font is sketch. - Controller is one big mess of a photoshop job.
Not surprised tbh lol.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
That would actually be kinda funny if that was their idea for the new system.

The Wii U was a flop, and it's main gimmick was a touch screen controller. It gets replaced by a system with its main gimmick being a touch screen controller minus the parts of a traditional console..

It'd be a downgrade if anything. Wii U controller without buttons and control sticks.

Last edited:

Soul.

Anything regarding NX during this year is fake until confirmed by Nintendo themselves. It's almost July; 2016 is coming soon.
The specs look too good to be true. And lol that Wii U Pro-esque controller.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
@ PushDustIn PushDustIn : This may sound like a useless idea, but has anyone dumped the 3DS Smash Controller App for potential unused content? I know its kind of a stretch, but it just peaked my curiousity XD.
I've been interested in that too, it totally slipped my mind. Let's ask @shinyquagsire23 if he can get his hands on it!

D

Deleted member

Ho. ly. ****.

Nintendo is smart enough to know people dont want to stream a console game to a handheld when they can use a TV, we need that mythical portable console with the power of the wii u that connects to a more powerful home console to play the same games at home and on the go

Starlight_Lily

Ho. ly. ****.

Okay I know its been debunked already. But why the crap would Nintendo allow streaming to Mobiles and tablets. Their supposed to be using mobile apps and games, to get people to buy their actual games and console, allowing streaming to mobiles and tablets is just pointless. Plus wouldn't it mean also allowing phone and tablets see the NX tech, so the streaming would work. Really the streaming to phones and tablets is just a really stupid idea.

Plus why the hell would they have Metroid as a launch title along side a main line Mario game and Zelda? Doing so would kill the games sells, since most fans would chose to play Mario and Zelda. Before anyone says anything Mario and Zelda appeal to a lot more people then Metroid, and simply put having it alongside Mario and Zelda is going to make a lot more causal Metroid fans choose to skip out on it for Mario and Zelda

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I love going back to the Roy and Ryu sound files new thread on Smashboards and reading all the detractors in th comment section.

Gotta love when people like that get proven wrong :^)
Calling it now, I will sadistically laugh in the "I was wrong thread" if paper mario is confirmed :)

No I'm serious.....I actually had this thought like months ago....

Btw, reading the older posts in the character thread is a....magical experience!

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, I'm glad this is fake. (Hopefully?)
Why am I glad? Because of one simple reason:
"early-access games"

If Nintendo ever starts to release unfinished games... No, it's not going to happen, it would be literally against everything "Nintendo" means.
"Complete, finished, polished to the Nth degree, playable and enjoyable games" This is what "Nintendo" means.

Also, why is everything beside names and the first word that appears, "Enjoy", written in small letters?

Last edited:

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
...And now that I looked at it a second time, I noticed that the controller really is an edited picture...
Not a bad edit, but definitely also not a good one.

But the biggest thing I noticed is that they showed A Link Between Worlds on the Game Pad...
The upper screen... on the Game Pad...
The screen you can't touch... on the touchscreen...
Where would the actual touchscreen be? On the TV? Where you can't touch anything?...

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
guys rule of thumb any video leak with an audience clapping is 90% fake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom