• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
did sakurai say there was a limit on how many stages there are?If not fourside would be great also if every newcomer got a stage that would be sweet to

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I'm not even really negative. I'm pragmatic.

9 times out of 10, the "negative" opinions I have aren't negative to me. Like the whole debate over whether or not the ESRB roster was final or incomplete. I was labeled as being negative because I didn't think there was any more characters.....but that wasn't negative thinking in my mind, because I was satisfied with the roster as it was.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Yeah, it really is. At least the article exists and the reaction towards it hasn't been to chop off my head out of pure denial.

Btw no ATs, no stage DLC as they are 100% focusing on characters (after all the DLC is to make you guys happy!) and characters take awhile to properly make and balance.

I think everyone here knows where I stand with indie reps. *shines personal Sakurai shrine*
what?

I don;t see your article saying it....

mahirukoizumi

Smash Cadet
NNID
gengar3039
The smashboards logo at the top confirms that :4robinm::4zss::4sheik::4falcon::4feroy::4littlemac: are in fact gay :chuckle:

on another note, this is a question i have had. do you think the DLC fighters would return for smash 5 as non-dlc if there was one

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah. It seems like a waste of effort to make an Assist Trophy for DLC.
It'd be nice if new franchises shown through DLC got them. Street Fighter should get at least one down the line. I mostly agree, besides this one franchise that I personally deserves it entirely. >_>

Khoru

Smash Champion
The smashboards logo at the top confirms that :4robinm::4zss::4sheik::4falcon::4feroy::4littlemac: are in fact gay :chuckle:

on another note, this is a question i have had. do you think the DLC fighters would return for smash 5 as non-dlc if there was one
it'd be on a character-by-character basis, probably. i think mewtwo and ryu would be higher priority, but not roy, lucas, or (hypothetically) kkr or isaac.

street fighter definitely needs some more content, especially music. Where Is My Meme Song.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
it'd be on a character-by-character basis, probably. i think mewtwo and ryu would be higher priority, but not roy, lucas, or (hypothetically) kkr or isaac.

street fighter definitely needs some more content, especially music. Where Is My Meme Song.
Screw Guile theme, why isn't Chun-Li's theme in Smash 4?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What's with all this no Stage DLC talk?

Burb

The Absolute Worst
The Squid sisters aren't even attractive.

Nor are they cute.

Generic Inklings are far cuter.
I like the Octolings better than either of them, but I do agree.

What's with all this no Stage DLC talk?
Beats me, @ PushDustIn PushDustIn said the team is focusing entirely on characters now. I'm guessing it was something from those columns he's translating.

Doesn't make much sense to me since while Sakurai did say not to expect many more stages, he said it in a way that suggests we WILL be getting more (just not a lot).

Something doesn't seem right about the Stage DLC being some N64 stages, Suzaku Castle, and nothing else (excluding Miiverse, since it was a free update).

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
I feel you man. I JUST WANT PIRATE SHIP BACK MAN.
I obviously like Twilight Princess, but Bridge of Eldin is an awfu and I'm really appalled it was chosen before Pirate Ship.
Personally I like playing on Bridge of Eldin....but my word, did Pirate Ship **** all over that stage in terms of fun and visuals.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
...Can someone please explain this to me? :confused:
It plays if you stand around after beating the final boss in Splatoon. That's pretty much all there is to know, because there's no actual word from the developers on what it is.

Probably just something creepy they decided to put into the game for no reason. Far from the first time Nintendo has done something like this.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Beats me, @ PushDustIn PushDustIn said the team is focusing entirely on characters now. I'm guessing it was something from those columns he's translating.

Doesn't make much sense to me since while Sakurai did say not to expect many more stages, he said it in a way that suggests we WILL be getting more (just not a lot).

Something doesn't seem right about the Stage DLC being some N64 stages, Suzaku Castle, and nothing else (excluding Miiverse, since it was a free update).
Indeed. It will be especially weird if we get a new series with no new stage.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I just heard it so much during SSFIV I grew to hate it.

At least Ultra ditched it as the main theme.
You're gonna hate Street Fighter X Tekken, then there's 3 different remixes of Volcanic Rim there

Indeed. It will be especially weird if we get a new series with no new stage.
I don't think we'll get a crazy amount of stages but we will get some depending on the circumstances like a character repressing its own series

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I don't think we'll get a crazy amount of stages but we will get some depending on the circumstances like a character repressing its own series
That's what I think, too.

I think after the two N64 stages, any remaining stage DLC will be for ballot newcomers like Suzaku Castle and Ryu.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I love the squidgirl's reaction to the squidboy's pure joy.

Honestly, I feel they have far more personality than the player sharacters.
That said...
You mean the NPC characters that have fully written dialogue have more personality than the mute avatars?

You must be kidding.

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
not counting the remaining 64 stages, how many stages are there placeholders for?

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I can already see the rule 34...why...
...Can someone please explain this to me? :confused:
The prominent theory is that it's the Octoling's society being destroyed. If you think about it, they need the glowfish to power their society, and when you take a crucial glowfish like that, you're ravaging their city. The noises are the destruction of the Octoling race. The screams are their screams of pain and suffering, the metal shifting is their cities being ripped apart, and the bells are an alarm signifying the end for the octolings.

That got dark. Fast.

Khoru

Smash Champion
The prominent theory is that it's the Octoling's society being destroyed. If you think about it, they need the glowfish to power their society, and when you take a crucial glowfish like that, you're ravaging their city. The noises are the destruction of the Octoling race. The screams are their screams of pain and suffering, the metal shifting is their cities being ripped apart, and the bells are an alarm signifying the end for the octolings.

That got dark. Fast.
shrugs it's just how nature works
it's not really possible for the inklings and octarians to coexist. they'd wear resources (i.e. zapfish) too thin and then they'd both be endangered

(you probably weren't being serious but)

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

It's not from Sakurai himself. Based on what he said in the first Dlc article, (making players happen), latest Famitsu and Direct (not too many stages) and I swear he said he was going to focus on characters as that's what people want somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom