• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Seeing as how we were told by Sakurai that he doesn't think they can add very many more stages, I think the remaining ones after Hyrule Castle and Peach's Castle will be new stages based on ballot newcomers.

I just want
a DK assist trophy.
But we got Chunky Kong, remember?

:troll:

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
In my opinion, all of the indie characters have a very very small chance, but none of them are much better than the other. Shovel Knight and Shantae have certain things over the other but it doesn't mean too much for either overall.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I feel that indie characters only have a real shot through the ballot. Even then, it's a very small chance. Especially when you consider the fact that ballot is open to any Nintendo or third party character: I find it very hard to believe that Shantae or Shovel Knight would be picked over characters like King K. Rool or Snake, who have much larger fanbases than the former.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Hm...
He might be very new, but I don't know if could be considered unproven.
I don't know if he's ready for Smash (although a great fit) but there's not really anything obviously wrong with including him imo.
A 3rd Party character needs more than a good moveset. While Shovel Knight's design and style fits Smash greatly, I would definitely consider him unproven.

He's been around for what, a year? Two? Well anyway he's had one game. I'm sure it's very good, but until he has an entire franchise behind him with multiple critically and commercially successful games, and a significant legacy, he shouldn't (and won't) be included.

They could release Shovel Knight 2, it could bomb, and that would be the end of him. Look what happened to characters like Earthworm Jim and Dizzy The Egg, they faded into obscurity despite being huge icons during their prime.
If they were doing 3rd Party characters back for Smash 64, Earthworm Jim would have in theory been a Shovel Knight level candidate (though he did have 2 games by the 64). He was so big at one time, that he was the only other character apart from Sonic that was placed in the No Hopers section in DKC's ending.

As much as I love his games and the character, he's not Smash worthy because he couldn't last.

If Shovel Knight can prove that it's worthy in the future, then he should be included, in the future. It's not even as if the one game he's had is among the best selling games on the console(s) it's had releases on or anything (like other potentials e.g. BK/Rayman/Spyro).

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Ridley should be an assist trophy in the next game.

Just to make people think he's the next Little Mac.

And then Smash 6 happens and Ridley isn't in the game at all.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I'd also rule out any ATs as DLC, if there wasn't a Street Fighter AT to keep up the trend of 1 AT per 3rd Party Franchise then any other AT DLC seems implausible to me.

Ridley should be an assist trophy in the next game.

Just to make people think he's the next Little Mac.

And then Smash 7 happens and Ridley isn't in the game at all.
That would just make him the next Isaac lol.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I should finish Awakening. I got into it just before Smash 3DS released, and we all know how that story ends.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Guys, I'd just like to point this out:
http://pastebin.com/VH25QRxs

Fire Emblem If is just...why? Why? WHY?!
Why not? At this rate it's just best to accept it. We've already strapped ourselves into this waifu highway to Hell, we might as well stick around.

Man, this game has some really weird features.

*goes back to petting his Giratina in Pokemon Amie*
Don't be such a casual. Don't you know where the real fun is?

:cool:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
It's so unfortunate that it ended up happening anyway.

I've seen a post going around Tumblr that uses parts of that article out of context to make it sound like there's gonna be a ton of DLC left, while completely disregarding the notes at the bottom of the article.
Yeah, it really is. At least the article exists and the reaction towards it hasn't been to chop off my head out of pure denial.

Btw no ATs, no stage DLC as they are 100% focusing on characters (after all the DLC is to make you guys happy!) and characters take awhile to properly make and balance.

I think everyone here knows where I stand with indie reps. *shines personal Sakurai shrine*

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
No stage DLC and 100% focus on characters doesn't make me happy!

GOSH DARN IT SAKURAI, I KNOW IM IN THE MINORITY BUT... I WANT MORE STAGES THAN I DO CHARACTERS

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
No stage DLC and 100% focus on characters doesn't make me happy!
GOSH DARN IT SAKURAI, I KNOW IM IN THE MINORITY BUT... I WANT MORE STAGES THAN I DO CHARACTERS
I feel you man. I JUST WANT PIRATE SHIP BACK MAN.
I obviously like Twilight Princess, but Bridge of Eldin is an awful stage and I'm really appalled it was chosen before Pirate Ship.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Bridge of Eldin sucks.

And that's coming from someone who eats up all sunset scenery, but the stage is just ugly and boring to play in.

Khoru

Smash Champion
Bridge of Eldin sucks.

And that's coming from someone who eats up all sunset scenery, but the stage is just ugly and boring to play in.
well it certainly captures the feeling of the original location well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom