• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
... I get it! :3

Yeah, but no one wants to see my dangle. That's the stuff horror movies are made of.
Well, some people liked horror movies. For reasons I'll never get. XD

--

Hmm. Also, random, but if anyone feels super bored and won't mind talking to someone very uninteresting, please gimme a PM. I feel like talking to someone, and you guys are almost decent. :)

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
@ SegaNintendoUbisoft SegaNintendoUbisoft
Sorry for slow reply... but no, Bowser and the likes does NOT count! How dare you compare nakid boys to turtle dragon monsters. For shame.

I demand everyone in this thread is nakid right now.

Also finally got my Woolly World and Yarn Yoshis!!
Uh, maybe later? I only come on here when i'm at work and i don't think that'd go over big....

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
People are certainly so excited, they're making a translation before the official release.
I hope they're ready for a Cease and desist from Nintendo, since Nintendo has been lenient with most fan translations for their games that they haven't translated, where as this is something that could most defiantly hurt the over sea sells of Fire Emblem Fates.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I hope they're ready for a sis and desist from Nintendo, since Nintendo has been lenient with most fan translations for their games that they haven't translated, where as this is something that could most defiantly hurt the over sea sells of Fire Emblem Fates.
*Cease and desist
The fan translators are going to get soooooooooo many lawyers up the butt

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
*Cease and desist
The fan translators are going to get soooooooooo many lawyers up the butt
Thanks for the minor correction, changed it now.
Yep, this situation is completely different then one with the Super Mario 64 HD remake. They are actually effectiely committing a crime.

Now playing the Japanese version, and telling people what happens in the game , that's fine, we do that all the time.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Here's an update of what's been posted today on Source Gaming:

Here's a breakdown of the translation. It was incredibly tedious, but the other translators and I wrote this article. Hope this clears up everything.

@ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 wrote a defense of Bayonetta.

Sakurai expresses his love for his desk.

I'm urging everyone to subscribe. Here are some reasons.
In total, it took the Source Gaming Team somewhere between twenty to thirty minutes to figure out the best translation for this sentence alone. The reason we spent so long on one sentence was because we were fully aware that this would be a point of contention and have the potential to be taken out of context.
It's so unfortunate that it ended up happening anyway.

I've seen a post going around Tumblr that uses parts of that article out of context to make it sound like there's gonna be a ton of DLC left, while completely disregarding the notes at the bottom of the article.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So just as I leave to work for a week at a camp, the new tower mode will release in splatoon. Oh well. After today, I won't be online for a week. Tag me if something good happens please.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I'm sorry, but i really REALLY don't want Shovel Knight as Smash DLC. The only 3rd parties who should ever get into Smash should have lasting appeal. Shovel Knight is WAY too young- we have no idea how much staying power the franchise has. If Shovel Knight is around in 10 years, then maybe. But not now. No thanks.

Khoru

Smash Champion
i find it really strange how much more emphasized and popular shovel knight and shantae are over quote and commandervideo
they're much more likely for smash really

still very unlikely, mind, but relatively

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I doubt Quote and Commander Video are qualifiable or planned for pre-ballot. They wouldn't have been campaigning their character i they had it pre-planned. Indies I think can only go through with the ballot. And Shovel Knight and Shantae are among the top picks, giving them a higher chance.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Commander Video at least has a decent chance since he's actually in the game. But Shantae and Shovel Knight will definitely give him a run for his money regardless.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I support Shovel Knight almost entirely based on the prospect of the internet destroying itself with rage over such a filthy, unproven civilian character actually being chosen by Sakurai.

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
What's the point of this? The game is getting released next year, there's no need to be impatient about this.
The US will censor the precious waifus, they must be preserved.

kappa

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Inb4 Smash announcement.

Inb4 the joke becomes reality.
I guarantee that won't happen! That IS what we expect, so they purposely said "It might not be what you expect." If he's announced within 6 months, I will actually go out and buy some kind of edible shoe and eat it, no cheats.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Might actually get the physical version on Wii U as long as its disc based and not just a box with a download code insiede, I don't like download games if I can help it, as my Wii U has limited hardrive space and I like having the box..

Maybe I should get it on Xbone though, since it's got the Battletoads. Maybe it'll also give me a reason to use my Xbone for games rather than just being a glorified blu ray player.

Decisions, decisions.

As for Smash I seriously doubt ANY indie character would be considered for more than a trophy (maybe AT as a huge push). And if it were to ever happen, as unlikely as it is at all, I would wager that Shantae would be the most viable option due to having at least something of a legacy.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
No, the only way I can see Shovel Knight being added ever, is from the ballot, and I'm not certain they'd pick a character from that so early.
And even if they did, I doubt it'd be Shovel Knight. It would probably be King K. Rool.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
So they said they wanted a boss fight with Tingle, right?
Megaton Hammer is an item in the Zelda series. Clearly this is what they're hinting at. :p

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
No, the only way I can see Shovel Knight being added ever, is from the ballot, and I'm not certain they'd pick a character from that so early.
And even if they did, I doubt it'd be Shovel Knight. It would probably be King K. Rool.
Plus there's also that a character isn't going to be chosen on votes alone. It's still got to be someone that they are willing to add.

Someone who is severely unproven and who could potentially only be a flavour of the month 3rd Party will unquestionably never get into Smash.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Plus there's also that a character isn't going to be chosen on votes alone. It's still got to be someone that they are willing to add.

Someone who is severely unproven and who could potentially only be a flavour of the month 3rd Party will unquestionably never get into Smash.
Hm...
He might be very new, but I don't know if could be considered unproven.
I don't know if he's ready for Smash (although a great fit) but there's not really anything obviously wrong with including him imo.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I don't know.
Sure, Shovel Knight would be nice, but when you think about, there's not much going for him. With every other third party rep, they've been a pillar in gaming history. Sonic being Sega's mascot and a rival to Nintendo, Mega Man being one of Capcom's biggest franchises and what helped them become who they are, Pac-Man being the frontrunner for arcade gaming, even Ryu with Street Fighter defining what a fighting game should be.
Sure, Shovel Knight was a decent indie hit, but is he really big enough to compete with the likes of Mario and Sonic?

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I don't think any of the indy characters have much of a shot at all.

Even if Shantae does have a "legacy" with Nintendo (which is a stretch itself, since her "legacy" consists of a GBC game that nobody played), she's not a big name and I feel her popularity is a tad exaggerated.

She does have quite a bit of support, but she's nowhere near a frontrunner. She's like Wonder Red: a character who'll randomly get this surge of support, it dies down, and then goes up again in an endless cycle.

I believe third party slots should go to gaming icons, not no-name characters. Snake, Sonic, Pac-Man, Mega Man, Ryu, Shantae. One of these things is not like the others.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I want to see the Ultimate Chimera return whether it be New Pork City or an AT
I don't see it happening, to be honest.

We haven't seen DLC Assist Trophies of any kind, and a lot of New Pork City's music was given to Onett. To my knowledge, none of the returning DLC stages thus far have their music being used by stages already present in the game.

On top of all that, I'm quite certain New Pork City would've released alongside Lucas.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I agree. I still want it back
I don't see it happening, to be honest.

We haven't seen DLC Assist Trophies of any kind, and a lot of New Pork City's music was given to Onett. To my knowledge, none of the returning DLC stages thus far have their music being used by stages already present in the game.

On top of all that, I'm quite certain New Pork City would've released alongside Lucas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom