• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Still feels like a NES game. Evolved, but doesn't break the retro feel I've always liked.
That wasn't my point. You said it makes them look outdated, when in fact Shovel Knight breaks the limitations of the NES, while the real retro games can't. It's just not a fair thing to say imo

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Actually putting all the fanservice in Senran Kagura, aside, how good is it as a game?
It's a pretty generic beat-em-up imo
I've only played the vita game, but imo it's solid. It's not winning game of the year out side of a few Deviant Art threads, but I enjoyed what I played. It's pretty much a Warriors game except it feels better paced to me. It also feels much softer...

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I would be totally fine if Miyamoto was the next Smash director.

Provided Sakurai stays as creative consultant, that is. Wouldn't want the game to change completely.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I think the translation says "only several", does that even make sense?
I can try to break down the translation for you later, but he's really ambigious on the exact numbering and really stresses that development can't go on forever. That's why we went with only several.

Chrono.

He TRIED something new and will probably see that it failed and do something else.

This is how trial and error works :p
Not exactly the first time it happened though. He's the reason why Dinosaur Planet got retooled to Star Fox Adventures, and we all know how that one turned out.

Sonicthesneak

Smash Ace
I can't do top 10 of characters 3rd party or not for Smash DLC. As we'll get 5 characters MAX if we're lucky in Smash 4. But I'll just make 3 lists overall: Nintendo owned DLC characters, 3rd party owned DLC characters, Smash 5 new characters (Nintendo and DLC). So here are my lists and in the order I want them in/back and not counting their chances, though I am trying to be realistic:

Nintendo Owned DLC Characters:
- Issac
- King K. Rool or Dixie Kong
- Sami (or some other Advance Wars rep)
- Young Link
- Bandana Dee

3rd Party Owned DLC Characters:
- Shantae
- Bayonetta
- Tails
- Rayman
- Snake

Characters that should be playable in the next Smash:
- Ice Climbers
- Issac/K. Rool/Dixie Kong if they aren't DLC beforehand
- Takamaru
- Waluigi
- Inkling
- Capt. Toad
- Pokemon Trainer with Pichu, Squirtle and Ivysaur
- Sukapon
- Impa
- Bandana Dee if not as DLC beforehand
- Chibi Robo

(My list does not include their likely chances by any means!)

To be honest, now that we got Mewtwo and a decloned Roy, I'm 95% content with Smash's current roster. I only really want the bolded characters and I know Shantae is sort of a stretch and so is an Advance Wars rep. I only "really" want Issac because just seeing his Assist Trophy in Brawl made me get his game and now I love his series. Let him get the "Little Mac" treatment too. As for the next wave of Smash contestants, I think we have a few more options then I originally considered but above them all, my main pick for the next Smash game is Takamrau and the Ice Climbers HAVE to come back. Oh and if we don't get Dixie, K.Rool or Issac as Smash 4 DLC; all of them should be in a future Smash game. Especially the DK reps and I am not even the biggest DK fan.

Oh and if you have to ask, I'd want K. Rool in over Dixie. Because K. Rool played NO games in Donkey Kong 64. ;)

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
i would want this assuming it just 5 characters. and 5 doesn't sound unreasonable. plus we'd have 60 characters, an even number, which i would be happy with. anyway:

1. Isaac
2. Wolf
3. another zelda character
4. another pokemon character
5. another metroid character

3rd parties
banjo kazooie
snake

honestly, i don't get why people want indie characters so much or why they deserve it more than nintendo characters. as far as i'm concerned, 3rd party characters seem to be based on iconic characters. ryu fits that, since he is the face of street fighter, much like megaman is to the megaman series and more people know ryu than shantae or shovel knight. though i don't like that ryu got in, he's iconic enough to waver a spot in smash bros.

JuanHUM

Smash Cadet
NNID
JuanHUM
I really don´t really understand why people whant toad or bandana dee for smash bros, the kirby series are already very well represented, and i don´t see bandana dee be a really relevant character to the franchise not to mention that i see the moveset pretty limited, just an opinion.

for my top 5
1.- Wolf
2.- K. K. Roll
3.- BlackBull ( from f-zero )
4.- Ice Climbers
5.- Peppy of Slippy or Kumatora, Paula ( just random dreamed characters lol )

For number five i pretty much mean any character, i really cannot thing for more character to smash, chorus men would be interesiting. But really i feel the roster pretty much completed at least for me i think i would let sakurai suprise me x) the same way already did with so many unique characters in this iteration of smash and recetily with ryu and roy.

Khoru

Smash Champion
I really don´t really understand why people whant toad or bandana dee for smash bros, the kirby series are already very well represented, and i don´t see bandana dee be a really relevant character to the franchise not to mention that i see the moveset pretty limited, just an opinion.

for my top 5
1.- Wolf
2.- K. K. Roll
3.- BlackBull ( from f-zero )
4.- Ice Climbers
5.- Peppy of Slippy or Kumatora, Paula ( just random dreamed characters lol )

For number five i pretty much mean any character, i really cannot thing for more character to smash, chorus men would be interesiting. But really i feel the roster pretty much completed at least for me i think i would let sakurai suprise me x) the same way already did with so many unique characters in this iteration of smash and recetily with ryu and roy.
wait wait
so bandana dee has limited potential
but paula and kumatora don't, even though they're already in smash wearing ness' and lucas' skins

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
So I just got Xenoblade 3D yesterday. I love it so much. Anyone have any good tips?
Have fun. It's compulsory to have fun when you're playing such an amazing game.

And always remember. It's Reyn time.

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
i cannot believe i forgot about this roster. it's beautiful in so many ways

D

Deleted member

If we're doing Top 5 most wanted characters, mine would be:
- Bomberman
- Pichu
- King K. Rool
- Snake
- Ice Climbers

And that's really all the character I want to see in.

Maybe Ninten but I have to play through EarthBound Beginnings first.

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
Mother Brain was finally mentioned by someone else, I missed it and the following 20 sites too... Great...
i cannot believe i forgot about this roster. it's beautiful in so many ways
No Karate Joe? No Mother Brain?
7.8/10 - Try harder next time.
:troll:

Khoru

Smash Champion
Mother Brain was finally mentioned by someone else, I missed it and the following 20 sites too... Great...

No Karate Joe? No Mother Brain?
7.8/10 - Try harder next time.
:troll:
i'm maining roy campbell and ram war wasp day one

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I don't know about Cloud. Sure, he's a big icon, but if anything he'd be better in a Playstation All-Stars kind of game.
“I’m aiming to make this the number one character game in the world.” - Sakurai

http://www.gamestm.co.uk/interviews...-smash-bros-best-character-game-in-the-world/

Like I said before, Cloud doesn't really jibe with me because he hasn't ever had a significant game on a Nintendo console, but he's probably the biggest remaining industry symbols that's still a possibility. If Sakurai really wants to make Smash the best possible character game, than Cloud seems like an obvious addition.

Plus it would continue the trend of Smash Bros. guest characters advertising Sony exclusives. First Metal Gear Solid 4, then Street Fighter V, and finally Final Fantasy 7 Remake. Seems pretty legit.

(...seriously though, if it bothers you replace it on my list with Chocobo.)

By the way, from the same article, I found this quote funny considering recent news.

“The new Smash Bros. is being developed by Bandai Namco Games and one of Namco’s most famous characters is of course, Heihachi.” Sakurai cracks a smile. “Just kidding. As he has such a long history, we did our best to bring Pac-Man into the series.”

Nintendo just released a video with Miyamoto at Jim Henson Studios.
Jim Henson and Miyamoto are two of my personal heoes. This is fantastic.

did the NES even have parallax scrolling
I was starting to make a compilation of different YouTube video of games I knew had it, than I found this:

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
If Miyamoto took over the next Smash Bros, at least we'd see some Star Fox and Pikmin bias.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom