• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
As an AC fan...

I'll say Happy Home Designer took some warming up too, however the fanbase is mostly excited about that one now.
I actually think E3 made it look ten times better than it did in April.

April's Direct made it seem so much more bare-bones than it actually is.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
The Happy Home Designer trailer for E3 also has quite a bit of dislikes (not as much as amiibo Festival, but still), despite it being a game we've known about since April (not to mention that HHD didn't get a bad reaction when it actually was first announced in April).

As for the part about bigger fanbases......ehhhhh.....I'm not so sure about that. I actually think Animal Crossing has been selling better than Metroid over the past few gens. Like I said, I think it's just that the Metroid fans have more reason to be ticked off.
Well bigger in terms then Animal Crossing, in that the media actually pay attentions to Metroid fans.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I'll be enjoying all of the bad miiverse posts that come out of that.

That said, I wasn't "gonna commit seppuku" crazy when Federation Force was announced as I'm not much of a Metroid fan. But I agree that Petition took things too far. But I do understand how fans felt, just like what happened when Megaman Legends 3 was canceled. Oh boy was that a fun day.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I can't wait for people to think the Mega64 video is 100% serious.
So, I just watched the video and.....

OMG I LOVE THESE TYPE OF SATIRE!!!!

tbh, someone should do a video like this for paper jam because I just need to laugh (yeah, I would say the reddit is pretty salty for reasons that are not making any sense).

tbh however, this type of absurdity is appropriate....just calm down :)

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
So apparently Shenmue III has an official youtube that only has....500 or so subscribers. They have a little extra info on the stretch goals.

Gosh....I really hope all the BS propaganda that slowed down the kick starter dowsnt stall it too much. I think we'll reach at least 6 million but I legit hope we reach 10. I plan on donating a good bit during the last three days, but that's because of resource management, not hype.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Well bigger in terms then Animal Crossing, in that the media actually pay attentions to Metroid fans.
Well, the Metroid fans have to put up with a lot of bullcrap that the Animal Crossing fandom doesn't. Angrier responses result in more media attention.

Not to mention the AC fandom have pretty much gotten over it all already. The rage over Federation Force is taking considerably longer to cool down.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I'm kind of bored right now, so here's something random I found on youtube. It's actually pretty hilarious XD.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So I just got Xenoblade 3D yesterday. I love it so much. Anyone have any good tips?
Buy the Wii version.

But in all seriousness, the game is designed that you need to do sidequests and explore.

You don't get enough EXP otherwise.

So I just got Xenoblade 3D yesterday. I love it so much. Anyone have any good tips?
More xenoblade fans are always welcome

Always have melia on your team. she is the best

dont worry about characters not on the field getting EXP/AP etc. it is shared with all membres.
learn how to deal with aggro. shulk cant take too many hits and is about twice as effective when he is able to get behind/to the side of enemies.

try to play whoever has the worst AI. you'll learn not all CPU are created equally. Shulk himself, as smart as he is, is pretty damn stupid when it comes to things like monado arts and a move he learns later, battle soul.

Side quests, while effective as people have said, also help show how good the game is. The dialogue and the characters are really great and the NPC's make the world even better.

EDIT some of these arent helpful at the beginning now that I think about it

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
I saw alts were mentioned.

Jr, Mac, & Wario don't really "Need" alts. It'd be cool if maybe each of the Koopa Kids had a bonus color, and I'd like to see eight for each Wario. Mac is perfect as is.

Mario: Sunshine Shirt & Shades.
Luigi: Mr. L.
Peach: More detailed and fleshed out Daisy look. Shadow Queen as well.
Bowser: Dry Bowser. Dark Bowser.
Rosaluma: Cosmic Spirit.
Yoshi: Yarn Yoshi and Boshi.
Donkey Kong: Boxing Gloves, Jr.'s shirt.
Diddy Kong: Mario Strikers outfit.
Ganondorf: Demise.
Toon Link: Pajamas outfit.
Samus: More color variation with suits.
Zero Suit Samus: Justin Bailey.
Pikachu: Ash's hat.
Charizard: Armored Charizard.
Jigglypuff: Give her the headband back.
Mewtwo: Armor, obviously :p
Kirby: More palettes. Brown, Emerald, Light Purple, Pale Green, Ivory, Deep Blue, Black with orange shoes, etc.
King Dedede: Masked Dedede, Samurai Costume ala PM.
Meta Knight: Galacta Knight.
Ness: Pajamas outfit.
Captain Falcon: Blood Falcon outfit and Black Shadow colors. Both would change the color of Falcon's effects to black and dark red, giving it a more "evil" feel.
Mr. Game & Watch: Like with Kirby, more colors. Ivory, Brown, Pink, Purple, Orange, Bright Yellow, Cyan, etc.
R.O.B: PM-style console based alternates. Mario Kart and Wii looks, Gamecube colorset, etc.
Duck Hunt: 8-bit alternates.
Pac-Man: Mrs. Pac Man.
Ryu: Ken.
Mega Man: All the alt types seen in MM's Final Smash.
Sonic: Recolors based on characters from the series. Red for Knuckles, Black for Shadow, Pink for Amy, Light orange for Tails, etc. Maybe add a few details to each swap that make the references more pronounced.

Project M had it right with a lot of alts, but there's still a ton more I'd like to see done. IDK why nobody has thought of dark purple/black Gamecube color set for R.O.B. I'd main that forever.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
*sniff* *sniff*

I smell Xenoblade discussion. Beginner tip: don't spam arts, focus on positioning and saving the right art for the right moment. I know, very simple advice. But trust me, it's very important. :p

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I'm kind of bored right now, so here's something random I found on youtube. It's actually pretty hilarious XD.
I love this video. Sometimes when I'm teaching I'll imitate Sakurai's "directly" hand gesture, with his eyes closing. The kids are always confused and end up laughing out of pure nervousness.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I'm don't really think we should have 10 more third party characters, but if it were going to happen I would go with:

1.) Bomberman
2.) Solid Snake
3.) Simon Belmont
4.) Rayman
5.) Ryu Hayabusa
6.) Cloud (yeah yeah, he has nothing to do with Nintendo, but he is a huge ICON)
7.) Spyro
8.) Black Mage
9.) Professor Layton
10.) Quote (if we were going to have an Indi rep, he would make most sense.)

Personal bias would have me swap out Shantae for Quote and Chrono for Cloud, but they fit less over all.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm don't really think we should have 10 more third party characters, but if it were going to happen I would go with:

1.) Bomberman
2.) Solid Snake
3.) Simon Belmont
4.) Rayman
5.) Ryu Hayabusa
6.) Cloud (yeah yeah, he has nothing to do with Nintendo, but he is a huge ICON)
7.) Spyro
8.) Black Mage
9.) Professor Layton
10.) Quote (if we were going to have an Indi rep, he would make most sense.)

Personal bias would have me swap out Shantae for Quote and Chrono for Cloud, but they fit less over all.
I don't know about Cloud. Sure, he's a big icon, but if anything he'd be better in a Playstation All-Stars kind of game.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Only third parties I would die for are Snake and Rayman.

Snake moreso than Rayman.

Though they still aren't top priority on my DLC wishlist.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I'm playing a lot of Shovel Knight, you know this game makes Mega Man, Castlevania, and Duck Tales look like outdated scrap. (This is coming from a Mega Man fan himself.)
To be fair Shovel Knight severely breaks the limitations of the NES in several directions. The NES can barely handle most of the things the game does.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'm playing a lot of Shovel Knight, you know this game makes Mega Man, Castlevania, and Duck Tales look like outdated scrap. (This is coming from a Mega Man fan himself.)
Shovel Knight just expands on the formula that those three established.

Neither, and especially not DuckTales, are outdated at all. Hell, NES DuckTales is objectively better than it's remake if you're aiming for a quick experience.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
did the NES even have parallax scrolling
Some actually did, but it involved complex programming, and they cannot overlap with actual tiles. It's all on one layer.

Mega Man 6's Tomahawk Man's level has parallax, but it was very simple and most of the area was flat to avoid colliding with the parallax tiles.

There is actually a lot you can do with the NES, but at the same time the limitations are still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom