• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Here's a new topic. Make a top 10 third party want list. Go.

1. Bayonetta
2. Professor Layton
3. Jibanyan
4. Agnes Oblige
5. Shovel Knight
6. Quote
7. Snake
8. Geno
9. Sora
10. Rayman
3rd party, eh?
since it's a want list and not a realistic expectation list...

• Bayonetta
  • Travis Touchdown
  • Shantae
  • Nights
  • Son-Son (mvc2 version)
  • Lloyd Irving
  • Sora/Axel
  • Viewtiful Joe
  • Zack and Wiki
  • Layle (Chrystal Chronicles Wii) or Black Mage (almost any FF game)
Aside from Bayonetta being #1 the rest are in no particular order and are top of my head choices so a few aren't truly my top choices.

And I had an idea.....I'm not too interested in the Inkling becoming player characters unless they have really good alts and a weapon switching mechanic, but I'd like to see NPC's playable. They have considerably more personality than player characters. Just imagine Captain Cuttlefish, the Squid Sisters, the shop keepers, or the final boss
DJ Octavio

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Ike is fast in FE. I'd rather have fast Ike than heavy Ike. Does Ike have a shockwave in smash? Yes. As a custom. And it's pitiful
Funny cause I remember Ike tanking hits, more often then dodging them for me. And I defaintly remember Roy being faster then in Fire Emblem then he is slow, unlike in Smash where's slower then Marth, where as in game they should be equal

That reminds me! Rosalina's first appearance without being a heavyweight in Smash where she's the fifth lightest character
I always thought Rosalina being in the heavyweight class was a reference to her growing big in Super Mario Galaxy.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Funny cause I remember Ike tanking hits, more often then dodging them for me. And I defaintly remember Roy being faster then in Fire Emblem then he is slow, unlike in Smash where's slower then Marth, where as in game they should be equal

I always thought Rosalina being in the heavyweight class was a reference to her growing big in Super Mario Galaxy.
Point is, Smash has millions of inconsistenties, so using 'muh optional range weapon' as an argument doesn't work

Ivander

Smash Legend
Actually now that I think about Eirika could work fine for Lucina, depending on how Eirika'sbalde is designed. I'm honestly fine with Seliph as a Lucina alt, just be wierd since the Tryfing is actually pretty much the design as Marth's Falchion.
Well, they could use Tyrfing's Awakening design, which is similar to Falchion's new design, but still somewhat easy to tell apart from the new design.

Starlight_Lily

Point is, Smash has millions of inconsistenties, so using 'muh optional range weapon' as an argument doesn't work
Okay if we're going that route. Note the way the Levin sword works in Smash. It would be weird if they implemented the Light sword, another range based weapon and didn't act the same way.

Starlight_Lily

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Light Sword a nickname for Falchion? Shadow Dragons and the blade of light was FE1's title
Leif's Light Sword from Tharcia 776.

Well, they could use Tyrfing's Awakening design, which is similar to Falchion's new design, but still somewhat easy to tell apart from the new design.
Hey that's actually pretty call and I didn't know about that design for the Tryfing..
Now this makes me want a Sigurd alt for Marth with the Tryfing's original design. And a Seliph alt for Lucina with the Awakening Tryfing design.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Leif's Light Sword from Tharcia 776.

Hey that's actually pretty call and I didn't know about that design for the Tryfing..
Now this makes me want a Sigurd alt for Marth with the Tryfing's original design. And a Seliph alt for Lucina with the Awakening Tryfing design.
Falchion was called Blade of Light. Again, Marth should be able to heal and be immune to sword attacks, Ragnell had no projectiles in Brawl, it literally means nothing, Jugdral would get recognition and hopefully Thracia's battle theme in the future

Khoru

Smash Champion
it's weird how little jugdral content there is in smash
like... i think it has songs in a couple of medleys, and uh....... that's it

Starlight_Lily

Falchion was called Blade of Light. Again, Marth should be able to heal and be immune to sword attacks, Ragnell had no projectiles in Brawl, it literally means nothing, Jugdral would get recognition and hopefully Thracia's battle theme in the future
Except my point was that you can ignore Marth's ability to heal and Ike being able to fire beams with the Ragnell, since they aren't important to their combat styles. In FE5, Leif needs the Light sword for is combat so he can attack units fro a far, cause in FE5 everything is trying to kill you 10x more then in other FE games.

Yeah no Jugdral content for Smash is probably because its main plot kind of evolves incest...

You see the plan to revive a dark of an old cult is to get to siblings to get jiggy with it, and have kids for the dark god to posses

But isn't there also a real lack of Gaiden stuff in Smash as well though guys.

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
Except my point was that you can ignore Marth's ability to heal and Ike being able to fire beams with the Ragnell, since they aren't important to their combat styles. In FE5, Leif needs the Light sword for is combat so he can attack units fro a far, cause in FE5 everything is trying to kill you 10x more then in other FE games.

Yeah no Jugdral content for Smash is probably because its main plot ind of evolves incest...

You see the plan to revive a dark of an old cult is to get to siblings to get jiggy with it, and have kids for the dark god to posses

But isn't there also a real lac of Gaiden stuff in Smash as well though guys.
gaiden at least has two full songs, and it's a single game.

also who actually cares about gaiden

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

gaiden at least has two full songs, and it's a single game.

also who actually cares about gaiden
Actually a lot of people care about Gaiden surprisingly.

Also Alm is an alt that could work great with Marth, since both their main weapons are the Falchion. Although Alm's is different in that it had his home lands Goddess sealed in it, while Marth's as made from a divine dragon's fang.

Edit: Wow that was a terrible way for my keyboard to not read my input on the m key.

his hoe lands goddess. Glad I spotted that

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Yeah no Jugdral content for Smash is probably because its main plot kind of evolves incest...

But isn't there also a real lack of Gaiden stuff in Smash as well though guys.
Roy is the weakest Lord and gets outclassed even when promoted. Leif gets crazy buffs from scrolls after promoting iirc. Both of these lords have a projectile. Roy doesn't even use it in his final smash. There is literally no way Thracia's difficulty affects this. Especially with Elite mode

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
Guys, theres only one alt costume that matters.

But as for my most wanted third party picks...
1. Banjo & Kazooie
2. Rayman
3. Mickey Mouse (off the wall choice, but I don't think you can get any more iconic than that...)
4. Bomberman
5. Snake
6. Shovel Knight
7. Shantae

Again, just wants. I don't think any of them are too likely to be honest.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
top 10 3rd parties huh

10.layton
9.Llyod
8.Tails
7.Crash
6.Snake
5.Bomberman
4.Dig-dug
3.Eggman
2.Rayman
1.shantae

Starlight_Lily

Also jokes on them Next Level Games are Canadians, and Japanese Game devs are more well adjusted to girls then American nerds are.

Yeah, this proves that the Metroid fan base over reacted. And look what Mega64 is doing to them. Mocking them.

Oh and if the video is meant to be serious that's pretty pathetic.

Also I still find the complaints for Federation Force still rather silly. The Metroid fan base are still getting the main play style of the Metroid games. Where as Animal Crossing fans are still waiting for their Wii U installment.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Top 10 3rd parties
  1. Tails
  2. NiGHTS
  3. Black Mage
  4. Jack Frost
  5. Uhhh
  6. I can't think of anyone else

Also I still find the complaints for Federation Force still stupid You Metroid fans are still getting the main play style of the Metroid games. Where as Animal Crossing fans are still waiting for their Wii U installment.
the rage is ridiculous but AC hasnt been MIA for a while with the most recent game being hated.. AC just had a 3ds game which pretty much everyone loves.

Khoru

Smash Champion
Also jokes on them Next Level Games are Canadians, and Japanese Game devs are more well adjusted to girls then American nerds are.

Yeah, this proves that the Metroid fan base over reacted. And look what Mega64 is doing to them. Mocking them.

Oh and if the video is meant to be serious that's pretty pathetic.

Also I still find the complaints for Federation Force still stupid You Metroid fans are still getting the main play style of the Metroid games. Where as Animal Crossing fans are still waiting for their Wii U installment.
you're making an effort to target people in this thread for something pretty much nobody was involved with, the petition, with confrontational terms like "the Metroid fan base" and "You Metroid fans"

also new leaf came out two years ago? the animal crossing fans are really the overly needy ones if they're getting that impatient

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
The last Metroid game of any kind was 2010's Other M, a game that was very poorly received.

The last Animal Crossing game of any kind was 2013's New Leaf, which was unanimously praised.

It's a two year wait vs a five year wait. Even longer if you choose to ignore Other M and count the last "good" Metroid game. As someone who's a bigger fan of the Animal Crossing series than the Metroid series, I think the Metroid fans are far worse off.

And for what it's worth, I'm looking forward to both Happy Home Designer and amiibo Festival. Animal Crossing is a series that hasn't really tried anything else besides the same basic games with features added onto them. It's an interesting change, and it's not like we're never going to see another true installment.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

you're making an effort to target people in this thread for something pretty much nobody was involved with, the petition, with confrontational terms like "the Metroid fan base" and "You Metroid fans"

also new leaf came out two years ago? the animal crossing fans are really the overly needy ones if they're getting that impatient
I was simply making a observation, nobody should take this as an attack on them, and honestly I'm surprised we haven't seen more of a negative reaction from the Animal Crossing fan base as well for amiibo festival, since I' sure we can all agree a lot of the Nintendo fan bases are really childish at ties. Just remember the whole whining about Wind Wakers art style.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
http://www.gamnesia.com/news/reggie...gressively-into-making-more-rpg#disqus_thread

That's all nice and dandy Reggie but how about helping us get a console Paper Mario game again, a legit console FE/AW game, ressurecting Golden Sun and Terranigma, getting more games from Square-Enix like a Illusion of Gaia sequel and FF VI and LOCALIZING THOSE DRAGON QUEST GAMES, you know those games you are a fan of.

Hey maybe get some Tales of games from Bamco so Sony won't have full monopoly on the series. Work with Sega/Atlus more with Phantasy Star, SMT, EO and even Skies of Arcadia. He'll just pay Capcom to do a console Breath of Fire game. They're willing to do it if you foot the bill

The last Metroid game of any kind was 2010's Other M, a game that was very poorly received.

The last Animal Crossing game of any kind was 2013's New Leaf, which was unanimously praised.

It's a two year wait vs a five year wait. Even longer if you choose to ignore Other M and count the last "good" Metroid game. As someone who's a bigger fan of the Animal Crossing series than the Metroid series, I think the Metroid fans are far worse off.

And for what it's worth, I'm looking forward to both Happy Home Designer and amiibo Festival. Animal Crossing is a series that hasn't really tried anything else besides the same basic games with features added onto them. It's an interesting change, and it's not like we're never going to see another true installment.
I think New Leaf should be perfect for AC after how ***hurt everyone got over Wild World on the Wii, a console AC should be the last thing you guys want

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Actually looking at my original post it did come across as more hostile then I meant it to. Hope my edit makes things clearer that I' not referring to Metroid fans in this thread, just those silly enough to sign the petition.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I was simply making a observation, nobody should take this as an attack on them, and honestly I'm surprised we haven't seen more of a negative reaction from the Animal Crossing fan base as well for amiibo festival, since I' sure we can all agree a lot of the Nintendo fan bases are really childish at ties. Just remember the whole whining about Wind Wakers art style.
There was a bad reaction to amiibo Festival. Go look at the game's E3 Trailer on Youtube and look at the Likes and Dislikes.

The reason it's not quite on the same level as Federation Force's hatred is really simple: it's the first Metroid in 5 years, and the first non-rerelease Metroid Prime game in 8. They wanted a true followup, and not a cartoon-style game where you play as the Galactic Federation's goons.

They definitely took it too far (The cancellation petition and the nasty Twitter messages were not necessary), but it's not hard to imagine why the Metroid fandom was more infuriated by Federation Force than the Animal Crossing fandom was by amiibo Festival.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Also I still find the complaints for Federation Force still rather silly. The Metroid fan base are still getting the main play style of the Metroid games. Where as Animal Crossing fans are still waiting for their Wii U installment.
I mean...what I've seen isn't exactly the "main play style of the Metroid games," though? I don't know exactly what FF's gameplay is going to be like yet, but my first impression was FPS. And while people love to slap the "shooter" label on Metroid, that's literally never what it's been about (with the exception of Hunters, which was a lot like what FF seems to be at the moment, aside from it not coming during a Metroid game drought and it actually featuring Samus). Even in the Prime series, the shooting acts more as a mechanic that facilitates the overall adventuring and exploration bits.

Starlight_Lily

I think New Leaf should be perfect for AC after how ***hurt everyone got over Wild World on the Wii, a console AC should be the last thing you guys want
I think you made a mistake there dude. I think you mean City Folks not Wild Worlds.

There was a bad reaction to amiibo Festival. Go look at the game's E3 Trailer on Youtube and look at the Likes and Dislikes.

The reason it's not quite on the same level as Federation Force's hatred is really simple: it's the first Metroid in 5 years, and the first non-rerelease Metroid Prime game in 8. They wanted a true followup, and not a cartoon-style game where you play as the Galactic Federation's goons.

They definitely took it too far (The cancellation petition and the nasty Twitter messages were not necessary), but it's not hard to imagine why the Metroid fandom was more infuriated by Federation Force than the Animal Crossing fandom was by amiibo Festival.
Wow didn't realise their was also a bunch of whiny lot there as well. Guess people just heard the whiny Metroid fans, since Metroid has the bigger fan base.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

I mean...what I've seen isn't exactly the "main play style of the Metroid games," though? I don't know exactly what FF's gameplay is going to be like yet, but my first impression was FPS. And while people love to slap the "shooter" label on Metroid, that's literally never what it's been about (with the exception of Hunters, which was a lot like what FF seems to be at the moment, aside from it not coming during a Metroid game drought and it actually featuring Samus). Even in the Prime series, the shooting acts more as a mechanic that facilitates the overall adventuring and exploration bits.
From what I'e seen of FF it seems to be going for the play style of the Metroid Prime games. But who knows, they could still add in exploration elements in a mission based game. But again who knows. What we've seen could easily be reworked into something else, it wouldn't be the first time Nintendo took a game then completely reworked into something else.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Wow didn't realise their was also a bunch of whiny lot there as well. Guess people just heard the whiny Metroid fans, since Metroid has the bigger fan base.
The Happy Home Designer trailer for E3 also has quite a bit of dislikes (not as much as amiibo Festival, but still), despite it being a game we've known about since April (not to mention that HHD didn't get a bad reaction when it actually was first announced in April).

As for the part about bigger fanbases......ehhhhh.....I'm not so sure about that. I actually think Animal Crossing has been selling better than Metroid over the past few gens. Like I said, I think it's just that the Metroid fans have more reason to be ticked off.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
As an AC fan...

I'll say Happy Home Designer took some warming up too, however the fanbase is mostly excited about that one now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom