• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I like how you're sticking with your (not unwarranted) stance on two post-ballot characters being the most-likely, yet the chances here sum up to 500%. :smirk:
It's because there's multiple different characters I could see being one of the two.

When I say I think there's two left, I'm not saying I know who those two probably are; just that there's two of them. It could be basically any of the higher ranking characters on the list, or possibly even someone absent from it entirely. I just don't really know and I'm not really confident enough in anyone to wager it.

"Two characters" isn't even really the case anymore. I'm not sold on two anymore. It's more my minimum now. At this point, I'm going with 2-5.

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Sylux has little-to-no chance of being DLC in Smash 4. He's one of the only choices left for a playable Metroid character that would work aside from one of the humans from Other M (which would not go over well at all. I think even the least hated of the group, Anthony Higgs, would result in angered fans. And I think an Adam Malkovich trailer might end up getting as large a Dislike percentage on Youtube as Federation Force did) now that both Ridley and Dark Samus are out of the equation, but the problem is that he's neither popular nor highly requested.

However, that's likely to change by the time the next Smash rolls around, since we've been told outright that he's going to have a major role in future Metroid games. I think he'll be a frontrunner as far as newcomer candidates go for Smash 5 (or 6 if you're among those that count SSB4U as Smash 5. :p). Obviously he'll have Ridley to contend with, since his support base is as undying as the space dragon himself is, but the boost Sylux will receive between then and now is likely to be massive.
I'm referring to the next Smash, not as DLC.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Gonna do the equivalent of what @ Burb Burb and @PushDustIn have done with their character chances but there's a few characters I want to cover that they haven't, as well as a few that they covered which I don't even feel are worth mentioning as they're already deconfirmed thanks to already having in game roles.

Characters (Nintendo only):
Wolf - 70%. Want.
Pro: Is very possibly the most requested character right now, there is no reason why he shouldn't return.​
Dixie Kong - 55%. Want.
Pro: Popular in her own right, from an extremely under represented franchise, and has relevance on her side.
Con: Direct competition in her own franchise, from a character who is more popular.​
Ice Climbers - 50%. Want.
Pro: I realize that people will be baffled with this ranking, but I'm looking at it this way; if Sakurai can bring them back, he will. We don't know exactly what the issues were, all we know is that they were put on a low priority because of a combination of technical difficulties, and their status with possible future games (being low). This makes them 50/50 IMO.
Con: Technical issues exist to a degree that we don't know. It doesn't bode well that they haven't returned already though.​
King K. Rool - 45%. Want.
Pro: Clearly the most requested Nintendo newcomer, is dominating every other potential newcomer in terms of requests.
Con: Direct competition in his own franchise, from a character who is more relevant. His popularity may not be enough to secure him a spot over another popular character who has relevance on their side.​
Squirtle & Ivysaur - 30%. Want.
Pro: It is likely that Squirtle and Ivysaur were both originally planned to be part of the base game as part of the Pokemon Trainer before Transformations were cut. They are both popular and iconic to the Pokemon franchise, and both had unique movesets.
Con: They probably come as a package so that alone lowers their collective chances.​
Cranky Kong - 20%. Do Not Want.
Pro: See Dixie.
Con: See Dixie.​
Pichu - 20%. Want.
Pro: Has had a recent surge in popularity and is seen by some as more likely than Squirtle and Ivysaur as he is not attached to another character. Roy's return somewhat creates the image that any veteran is possible (within reason).
Con: Was never planned to come back in Brawl.​
Captain Toad - 15%. Want.
Pro: Has had a big boost in terms of importance recently thanks to starring in his own game, which to the best of my knowledge was well received. A Toad, some form of Toad is unquestionably the biggest Nintendo star not already included in a playable capacity.
Con: Possible fad character (Captain), Mario has had a lot of characters this game already though that didn't stop Roy returning.​
Paper Mario - 15%. Want.
Pro: The Paper series is ever popular and ever relevant. There's a great moveset in there for Paper Mario and he seems like a frontrunner for another potential Mario newcomer.
Con: Mario has had a lot of characters this game already though that didn't stop Roy returning. Another Mario might draw criticism, even if he is very different in terms of playstyle.​
Slippy - 15%. Want.
Pro: It's entirely possible that we'll get a Star Fox newcomer, regardless of Wolf. Slippy is definitely a very iconic character, with potential to be differentiated enough to make it worth including him.
Con: Wolf exists.​
Peppy - 12%. Want.
Pro: See Slippy. In addition, he has made a glorious return to the series with Star Fox Zero.
Con: See Slippy.​
Tetra or Toon Zelda - 12%. Want.
Pro: Was considered for Brawl (especially if Toon Sheik is to be believed as Tetra). Seems like THE frontrunner for a potential Zelda newcomer.
Con: A third Zelda may seem in poor taste.​
Young Link - 12%. Want.
Pro: Zelda has been largely ignored for the past 2 games and people are craving more characters. Roy's return somewhat creates the image that any veteran is possible (within reason).
Con: Was never planned to come back in Brawl. Sakurai's perception on the character is unclear.​
Bandanna Dee - 10%. Indifferent.
Pro: Bandanna/Waddle Dee seems to be a fairly popular choice in all regions.
Con: Kirby isn't a franchise that glaringly needs more attention. And he's a character that has become more prominent without Sakurai's involvement in the franchise, which based on the moveset he gave Kirby is a big nono.​
Isaac - 10%. Indifferent.
Pro: Despite his fanbase blowing his popularity far out of proportion, he does have a fairly significant amount of popularity. Not having an Assist Trophy does not deconfirm him.
Con: His Assist Trophy being removed was more likely because his franchise is completely dead with a very minute chance of revival. Very samey to other newcomers that we already had this game.​
Mallo - 10%. Want.
Pro: A franchise that has made significant growth in recent years. Has become a staple of Nintendo's eshop on both Wii U and 3DS.
Con: Does not appear to have significant popularity.​
Leon Powalski - 8%. Want.
Pro: Playable villains are in short supply, and he's an important to his franchise, as well as having a pretty unique moveset (in potential at least).
Con: His inclusion would first mean that Wolf had to come back. There are more iconic Star Fox characters than him, and he doesn't have a huge degree of popularity.​
Chibi Robo - 8%. Indifferent.
Pro: A franchise that has had many games, and seems to have a pretty solid degree of support from fans.
Con: Quite a niche character, might not be the best choice for DLC.​
Prince Fluff - 6%
Pro: Huge moveset potential, and has been a fairly popular request in the past.
Con: See Bandanna Dee.​
Inklings - 5%. Want.
Pro: Very popular and successful new IP, that seems to be building a lot of steam.
Con: The DLC trophy is a huge mark against their chances.​
Ray - 5%. Do not want.
Pro: Popular choice in Japan.
Con: Not a popular choice outside of Japan.​
Rhythm Heaven character - 5%. Indifferent.
Pro: If the data of the game is to be believed then there was a RH character planned.
Con: Not a particularly strong cast of characters, and none of them are likely to fair that well in the ballot.​
Balloon Fighter - 4%. Want.
Pro: A very iconic retro character that was considered for a previous game. There's quite a lot there to make him unique. He even got his own stage.
Con: Villager got his up B. The fact that Villager represents his game in the masterpiece section is not a good sign. Retro characters don't seem like the best idea for DLC.​
Wonder Red - 3%. Indifferent.
Pro: Seems to have a pretty strong following. Though it varies depending on where you look, what effect this could have on the ballot is unclear. His series also did get a fair amount of trophies, which is nothing to sneer at.
Con: It's unlikely that W101 will continue as a series, at least not any time soon as the game was a big flop. His moveset may also be tricky to come up with and keep it true to character considering the source material and technical limitations.​
Sceptile - 3%. Want.
Pro: He seems to rank well on polls, so the complete fabrication of likelyhood that fans have created for him has boosted him a little.
Con: Despite him being one of my favorite Pokemon, he is a complete fad character, who doesn't have any real popularity in the Pokemon franchise despite him being bizarrely requested.​
Vince - 3%. Indifferent.
Pro: Art Academy is a staple of Nintendo gaming at the moment, and Vince is such an *out there* idea and such a Sakurai thing to do. Would be very much along the lines of Wii Fit Trainer.
Con: Lacks popularity.​
Donkey Kong Jr - 2%. Want.
Pro: Very iconic to Nintendo's early history, and is from a very under represented franchise.
Con: See Cranky.​
Impa - 1%. Do not want.
Pro: Would possibly be fairly easy to implement, as I would imagine she'd borrow moves from both Zelda and Sheik.
Con: Is a fad character who only rose to prominence because nearly every other viable rep has been deconfirmed through their roles as Assist Trophies.​
Krystal - 1%. Want.
Pro: She has a lot of popularity, and a unique moveset is definitely there.
Con: All but confirmed to have been removed from the Star Fox franchise, is as hated as she is loved, and I always thought that a staff-based moveset was unlikely given that SFA is unfortunately unanimously hated.​
Mach Rider/Excite Biker - 1%. Indifferent.
Pro: See Balloon Fighter, but without the stage. In addition, there was an Excite Bike stage in Mario Kart.
Con: Retro characters don't seem like the best idea for DLC.​
Lip - 1%. Do Not Want.
Pro: Seems quite popular, has at least been a part of Smash through Lip's Stick so she is on Sakurai's mind to a degree.
Con: See Excite Biker.​
Henry Fleming - 1%. Do Not Want.
Pro: Codename S.T.E.A.M. seemed to be pushed quite strongly by Nintendo.
Con: No particular popularity.​
Ninten - 1%. Indifferent.
Pro: Nintendo seem on an Earthbound kick at the moment. He actually has a fair amount of popularity.
Con: Earthbound has ample representation and from what I've seen he wouldn't be that unique.​
Daisy - 0.0001%. Do not want.
Pro: Well known character.
Con: No one really cares about her, the only time ever I ever see her suggested is when people are trolling. Completely unimportant to the Mario franchise and there are at least half a dozen more viable Mario choices. Very limited potential for a moveset.

Just to clarify. Indifferent means that while I won't actively seek out these characters, I would not object to them being included.

Non Nintendo characters*:
Rayman - 15%. Want.
Pro: Unique moveset potential and has been acknowledged by Smash Bros. Which is quite a big deal. The fake Omni leak had him trending on twitter for 24 hours so he's clearly a very popular choice. If Sakurai passed him up for not thinking he was worthy, the ballot could prove him wrong.
Con: The trophy could well be a case of Sakurai not deeming Rayman to be worthy enough​
Spyro - 12%. Want.
Pro: A certifiable icon of gaming, one of Mario's rivals, of which there are few. A character who's impact has only been made more significant by the juggernaut that is Skylanders, which is doing a big cross over with Amiibo.
Con: Apparently lacks popularity in Japan, which could hurt him. Sakurai also dislikes purple dragons.
Tails - 12%. Indifferent.
Pro: Someone who would produce a lot of hype for his name value alone, having Sonic and Tails vs. Mario and Luigi in Smash woul be absolutely enormous. Pretty much the perfect 3rd Party DLC choice.
Con: Moveset potential seems a little iffy as he plays similar to Sonic in his own games.​
Banjo-Kazooie - 10%. Want.
Pro: Huge moveset potential, and the one character on this list that would no doubt be included under different circumstances. Microsoft are all for this, so it's actually something that has a possibility of happening.
Con: Licensing could be particularly difficult due to him actually belonging to a rival company.​
Heihachi - 6%. Do Not Want.
Pro: That Sakurai has considered him at all is a HUGE mark in his favour. Namco working on the game makes licensing significantly easier, and having him vs. Ryu would possibly make his inclusion all the more likely.
Con: That Mii Fighter costume seems to have been just a big mark against him as Sakurai's consideration of him was.​
Leon Kennedy - 4%. Want.
Pro: The 3rd Pillar of Capcom's big 3 is Resident Evil, which has significant ties to Nintendo. A non-threatening Resident Evil character seems very plausible to me.
Con: 3 Capcom characters seems like the biggest reason why this might not happen. As silly as that sounds.​
Snake - 2%. Want/Indifferent.
Pro: Is still a very popular request to return, and Konami are fine with him returning.
Con: There are some pretty serious issues with Konami right now, and the fact that he hasn't returned on the game already is the biggest reason why I don't think it'll happen.​
Bomberman - 2%. Want.
Pro: His moveset would fit like a dream.
Con: There are some pretty serious issues with Konami right now. He also has Snake to compete with.​
Shantae - 1%. Indifferent.
Pro: There's a large movement right now to get her in Smash, and she'd likely be cheaper to license than other 3rd Party characters. Has some pretty serious ties to Nintendo's history.
Con: Is the exception to the rule that 3rd Party characters are to be iconic.​
Crash Bandicoot - 1%. Want.
Pro: A huge gaming icon, and a rival to Mario. Of which there are few.
Con: Is no where near as currently relevant as Spyro.​

*Note, all of these characters share the same pro of being elite enough to be selected for Smash (IMO), and the same con of being a 3rd Party character and having the potential issues associated with that.

Popular 3rd Party requests who I feel have absolutely no chance, for reasons I don't feel are necessary to explain:
Bayonetta
Pheonix Wright
Shovel Knight

I may have forgotten a few characters.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Gonna do the equivalent of what @ Burb Burb and @PushDustIn have done with their character chances but there's a few characters I want to cover that they haven't, as well as a few that they covered which I don't even feel are worth mentioning as they're already deconfirmed thanks to already having in game roles.

Characters (Nintendo only):
Wolf - 70%. Want.
Pro: Is very possibly the most requested character right now, there is no reason why he shouldn't return.​
Dixie Kong - 55%. Want.
Pro: Popular in her own right, from an extremely under represented franchise, and has relevance on her side.
Con: Direct competition in her own franchise, from a character who is more popular.​
Ice Climbers - 50%. Want.
Pro: I realize that people will be baffled with this ranking, but I'm looking at it this way; if Sakurai can bring them back, he will. We don't know exactly what the issues were, all we know is that they were put on a low priority because of a combination of technical difficulties, and their status with possible future games (being low). This makes them 50/50 IMO.
Con: Technical issues exist to a degree that we don't know. It doesn't bode well that they haven't returned already though.​
King K. Rool - 45%. Want.
Pro: Clearly the most requested Nintendo newcomer, is dominating every other potential newcomer in terms of requests.
Con: Direct competition in his own franchise, from a character who is more relevant. His popularity may not be enough to secure him a spot over another popular character who has relevance on their side.​
Squirtle & Ivysaur - 30%. Want.
Pro: It is likely that Squirtle and Ivysaur were both originally planned to be part of the base game as part of the Pokemon Trainer before Transformations were cut. They are both popular and iconic to the Pokemon franchise, and both had unique movesets.
Con: They probably come as a package so that alone lowers their collective chances.​
Cranky Kong - 20%. Do Not Want.
Pro: See Dixie.
Con: See Dixie.​
Pichu - 20%. Want.
Pro: Has had a recent surge in popularity and is seen by some as more likely than Squirtle and Ivysaur as he is not attached to another character. Roy's return somewhat creates the image that any veteran is possible (within reason).
Con: Was never planned to come back in Brawl.​
Captain Toad - 15%. Want.
Pro: Has had a big boost in terms of importance recently thanks to starring in his own game, which to the best of my knowledge was well received. A Toad, some form of Toad is unquestionably the biggest Nintendo star not already included in a playable capacity.
Con: Possible fad character (Captain), Mario has had a lot of characters this game already though that didn't stop Roy returning.​
Paper Mario - 15%. Want.
Pro: The Paper series is ever popular and ever relevant. There's a great moveset in there for Paper Mario and he seems like a frontrunner for another potential Mario newcomer.
Con: Mario has had a lot of characters this game already though that didn't stop Roy returning. Another Mario might draw criticism, even if he is very different in terms of playstyle.​
Slippy - 15%. Want.
Pro: It's entirely possible that we'll get a Star Fox newcomer, regardless of Wolf. Slippy is definitely a very iconic character, with potential to be differentiated enough to make it worth including him.
Con: Wolf exists.​
Peppy - 12%. Want.
Pro: See Slippy. In addition, he has made a glorious return to the series with Star Fox Zero.
Con: See Slippy.​
Tetra or Toon Zelda - 12%. Want.
Pro: Was considered for Brawl (especially if Toon Sheik is to be believed as Tetra). Seems like THE frontrunner for a potential Zelda newcomer.
Con: A third Zelda may seem in poor taste.​
Young Link - 12%. Want.
Pro: Zelda has been largely ignored for the past 2 games and people are craving more characters. Roy's return somewhat creates the image that any veteran is possible (within reason).
Con: Was never planned to come back in Brawl. Sakurai's perception on the character is unclear.​
Bandanna Dee - 10%. Indifferent.
Pro: Bandanna/Waddle Dee seems to be a fairly popular choice in all regions.
Con: Kirby isn't a franchise that glaringly needs more attention. And he's a character that has become more prominent without Sakurai's involvement in the franchise, which based on the moveset he gave Kirby is a big nono.​
Isaac - 10%. Indifferent.
Pro: Despite his fanbase blowing his popularity far out of proportion, he does have a fairly significant amount of popularity. Not having an Assist Trophy does not deconfirm him.
Con: His Assist Trophy being removed was more likely because his franchise is completely dead with a very minute chance of revival. Very samey to other newcomers that we already had this game.​
Mallo - 10%. Want.
Pro: A franchise that has made significant growth in recent years. Has become a staple of Nintendo's eshop on both Wii U and 3DS.
Con: Does not appear to have significant popularity.​
Leon Powalski - 8%. Want.
Pro: Playable villains are in short supply, and he's an important to his franchise, as well as having a pretty unique moveset (in potential at least).
Con: His inclusion would first mean that Wolf had to come back. There are more iconic Star Fox characters than him, and he doesn't have a huge degree of popularity.​
Chibi Robo - 8%. Indifferent.
Pro: A franchise that has had many games, and seems to have a pretty solid degree of support from fans.
Con: Quite a niche character, might not be the best choice for DLC.​
Prince Fluff - 6%
Pro: Huge moveset potential, and has been a fairly popular request in the past.
Con: See Bandanna Dee.​
Inklings - 5%. Want.
Pro: Very popular and successful new IP, that seems to be building a lot of steam.
Con: The DLC trophy is a huge mark against their chances.​
Ray - 5%. Do not want.
Pro: Popular choice in Japan.
Con: Not a popular choice outside of Japan.​
Rhythm Heaven character - 5%. Indifferent.
Pro: If the data of the game is to be believed then there was a RH character planned.
Con: Not a particularly strong cast of characters, and none of them are likely to fair that well in the ballot.​
Balloon Fighter - 4%. Want.
Pro: A very iconic retro character that was considered for a previous game. There's quite a lot there to make him unique. He even got his own stage.
Con: Villager got his up B. The fact that Villager represents his game in the masterpiece section is not a good sign. Retro characters don't seem like the best idea for DLC.​
Wonder Red - 3%. Indifferent.
Pro: Seems to have a pretty strong following. Though it varies depending on where you look, what effect this could have on the ballot is unclear. His series also did get a fair amount of trophies, which is nothing to sneer at.
Con: It's unlikely that W101 will continue as a series, at least not any time soon as the game was a big flop. His moveset may also be tricky to come up with and keep it true to character considering the source material and technical limitations.​
Sceptile - 3%. Want.
Pro: He seems to rank well on polls, so the complete fabrication of likelyhood that fans have created for him has boosted him a little.
Con: Despite him being one of my favorite Pokemon, he is a complete fad character, who doesn't have any real popularity in the Pokemon franchise despite him being bizarrely requested.​
Vince - 3%. Indifferent.
Pro: Art Academy is a staple of Nintendo gaming at the moment, and Vince is such an *out there* idea and such a Sakurai thing to do. Would be very much along the lines of Wii Fit Trainer.
Con: Lacks popularity.​
Donkey Kong Jr - 2%. Want.
Pro: Very iconic to Nintendo's early history, and is from a very under represented franchise.
Con: See Cranky.​
Impa - 1%. Do not want.
Pro: Would possibly be fairly easy to implement, as I would imagine she'd borrow moves from both Zelda and Sheik.
Con: Is a fad character who only rose to prominence because nearly every other viable rep has been deconfirmed through their roles as Assist Trophies.​
Krystal - 1%. Want.
Pro: She has a lot of popularity, and a unique moveset is definitely there.
Con: All but confirmed to have been removed from the Star Fox franchise, is as hated as she is loved, and I always thought that a staff-based moveset was unlikely given that SFA is unfortunately unanimously hated.​
Mach Rider/Excite Biker - 1%. Indifferent.
Pro: See Balloon Fighter, but without the stage. In addition, there was an Excite Bike stage in Mario Kart.
Con: Retro characters don't seem like the best idea for DLC.​
Lip - 1%. Do Not Want.
Pro: Seems quite popular, has at least been a part of Smash through Lip's Stick so she is on Sakurai's mind to a degree.
Con: See Excite Biker.​
Henry Fleming - 1%. Do Not Want.
Pro: Codename S.T.E.A.M. seemed to be pushed quite strongly by Nintendo.
Con: No particular popularity.​
Ninten - 1%. Indifferent.
Pro: Nintendo seem on an Earthbound kick at the moment. He actually has a fair amount of popularity.
Con: Earthbound has ample representation and he​
Daisy - 0.0001%. Do not want.
Pro: Well known character.
Con: No one really cares about her, the only time ever I ever see her suggested is when people are trolling. Completely unimportant to the Mario franchise and there are at least half a dozen more viable Mario choices. Very limited potential for a moveset.

Just to clarify. Indifferent means that while I won't actively seek out these characters, I would not object to them being included.

Non Nintendo characters*:
Rayman - 15%. Want.
Pro: Unique moveset potential and has been acknowledged by Smash Bros. Which is quite a big deal. The fake Omni leak had him trending on twitter for 24 hours so he's clearly a very popular choice. If Sakurai passed him up for not thinking he was worthy, the ballot could prove him wrong.
Con: The trophy could well be a case of Sakurai not deeming Rayman to be worthy enough​
Spyro - 12%. Want.
Pro: A certifiable icon of gaming, one of Mario's rivals, of which there are few. A character who's impact has only been made more significant by the juggernaut that is Skylanders, which is doing a big cross over with Amiibo.
Con: Apparently lacks popularity in Japan, which could hurt him. Sakurai also dislikes purple dragons.
Tails - 12%. Indifferent.
Pro: Someone who would produce a lot of hype for his name value alone, having Sonic and Tails vs. Mario and Luigi in Smash woul be absolutely enormous. Pretty much the perfect 3rd Party DLC choice.
Con: Moveset potential seems a little iffy as he plays similar to Sonic in his own games.​
Banjo-Kazooie - 10%. Want.
Pro: Huge moveset potential, and the one character on this list that would no doubt be included under different circumstances. Microsoft are all for this, so it's actually something that has a possibility of happening.
Con: Licensing could be particularly difficult due to him actually belonging to a rival company.​
Heihachi - 6%. Do Not Want.
Pro: That Sakurai has considered him at all is a HUGE mark in his favour. Namco working on the game makes licensing significantly easier, and having him vs. Ryu would possibly make his inclusion all the more likely.
Con: That Mii Fighter costume seems to have been just a big mark against him as Sakurai's consideration of him was.​
Leon Kennedy - 4%. Want.
Pro: The 3rd Pillar of Capcom's big 3 is Resident Evil, which has significant ties to Nintendo. A non-threatening Resident Evil character seems very plausible to me.
Con: 3 Capcom characters seems like the biggest reason why this might not happen. As silly as that sounds.​
Snake - 2%. Want/Indifferent.
Pro: Is still a very popular request to return, and Konami are fine with him returning.
Con: There are some pretty serious issues with Konami right now, and the fact that he hasn't returned on the game already is the biggest reason why I don't think it'll happen.​
Bomberman - 2%. Want.
Pro: His moveset would fit like a dream.
Con: There are some pretty serious issues with Konami right now. He also has Snake to compete with.​
Shantae - 1%. Indifferent.
Pro: There's a large movement right now to get her in Smash, and she'd likely be cheaper to license than other 3rd Party characters. Has some pretty serious ties to Nintendo's history.
Con: Is the exception to the rule that 3rd Party characters are to be iconic.​
Crash Bandicoot - 1%. Want.
Pro: A huge gaming icon, and a rival to Mario. Of which there are few.
Con: Is no where near as currently relevant as Spyro.​

*Note, all of these characters share the same pro of being elite enough to be selected for Smash (IMO), and the same con of being a 3rd Party character and having the potential issues associated with that.

Popular 3rd Party requests who I feel have absolutely no chance, for reasons I don't feel are necessary to explain:
Bayonetta
Pheonix Wright
Shovel Knight

I may have forgotten a few characters.
Hmm...I think you forgot someone. ;)

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Here's a new topic. Make a top 10 third party want list. Go.

1. Bayonetta
2. Professor Layton
3. Jibanyan
4. Agnes Oblige
5. Shovel Knight
6. Quote
7. Snake
8. Geno
9. Sora
10. Rayman

Chrono.

Some FE14 spoilers regarding same sex marriage.

Various sources seem to confirm that, unlike previously thought, you DO NOT get Zero's children or your own children if you S-Support him using the male Avatar.

However, they do adopt a child in their ending (which is where all the confusion came from in the first place) but this has no effect on gameplay at all.

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion

Various sources seem to confirm that, unlike previously thought, you DO NOT get Zero's children or your own children if you S-Support him using the male Avatar.

However, they do adopt a child in their ending (which is where all the confusion came from in the first place) but this has no effect on gameplay at all.
nice, so not only do they make the gay options deviants, they put them at a gameplay disadvantage. excellent work, IS

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So any thoughts on alternate costumes for characters that are NOT for :4mii:?

Still want the Hawaiian shirt and sunglasses for :4mario: and retro costumes for :4link::4zelda::4pit::4palutena::4fox:&:4falco:

Ivander

Smash Legend

Actually by what I heard, you still get Eponine, Zero's child. You just don't get Kanna. Apparently in all cases, Eponine is always adopted.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I severely doubt Sylux, or Bayonetta, will ever become playable in Smash Bros, personally. I can see Bayonetta become a Assist, or at least a Trophy, but they are both characters I really just can't see become, well, playable.

I still think that Dark Samus has the biggest shot at being a new Metroid Rep, aside from Ridley (if the next Smash has a new developer).

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
If the idea of Stylux and a Metroid Prime 4 come to fruition, i think we'll see Stylux in Smash. He's already a humanoid and will be a reoccurring character at that point. He could get in, whether as an assist or a playable character.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Still want the Hawaiian shirt and sunglasses for :4mario: and retro costumes for :4link::4zelda::4pit::4palutena::4fox:&:4falco:
:4mario:Referee, Wrecking Crew outfit
:4sonic:Classic, Sonic Riders outfit
:4pacman:Ms. Pac-Man, Pac-Land Hat
:4megaman:X, Volunutt, EXE, Star Force (it would classic in their armor)
:4bowser:Dry Bowesr, Hipster Bowser from the 3DS commerical
:4fox:Adventures outfit, Assualt outfit
:rosalina:Cosmic Rosalina, Concept art design
:4yoshi:Yarn Yoshi
:4tlink:Pajama Link
:4olimar:Louie, Brittany, and Charlie
:4ryu:Ken
:4palutena:Classic, Pseudo Palutena
As for a third party list, I only really have two I want.
1.) Rayman
2.) Shantae

Last edited:

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
Wolf is still highly requested.

I think DLC Wave 2 was supposed to include one cut Brawl veteran and one cut Melee veteran judging from the comments made on the New Content stream.

Lucas was just as requested (if not moreso) than Wolf, and was a higher priority character in Brawl judging from Lucas' role in SSE and their positions in the instance slots (I know priority changes and all, but I feel it's still valid evidence).

I don't think Wolf was never considered; I'm sure he probably was. They just went with Lucas.
looking back i saw Ninten. at this point, Ninten could just be alternate custom to ness like alph is to olimar since they both look very similar. and also yea i suppose so with wolf. start fox does at least deserve one more character and wolf fits it, and he's a villain, which is what this roster needs more of.

Khoru

Smash Champion

oooooh boy.
:4luigi: Mr. L
:4peach: Shadow Queen
:4bowser: Dry Bowser, Dark Bowser
:rosalina: Cosmic Rosalina
:4yoshi: Yarn Yoshi, remaining colors (brown, orange, white, magenta)
:4link: perhaps the links from OoT, SS, and HW? it might be hard to tell them apart.
:4zelda: ditto
:4ganondorf: ditto, WW instead of SS
:4tlink: Pajamas
:4samus: more palettes based on suits, i guess, since we can't get the real things
:4kirby: more palettes in general would be nice. there's lots to take from the spray paint
:4dedede: Masked Dedede
:4jigglypuff::4charizard::4mewtwo::4lucario::4greninja: actual shiny palettes, although that's probably the pokemon company being stupid
:4falcon: Phoenix, maybe?
:4ness: Ninten, assuming they were to go for a commercial-like design
:4myfriends: FE9 Ike, Vanguard Ike
:4robinm: Hooded Robin
:4sonic: Classic Sonic
:4shulk: armor from xenoblade?
:4megaman: Proto Man (why a mii costume)
:4pacman: Ms. Pac-Man
:4ryu: Ken

Burb

The Absolute Worst
looking back i saw Ninten. at this point, Ninten could just be alternate custom to ness like alph is to olimar since they both look very similar. and also yea i suppose so with wolf. start fox does at least deserve one more character and wolf fits it, and he's a villain, which is what this roster needs more of.
I don't think Ninten has a chance at all. The only reason I gave him a 6% is because I don't think he's quite as big a no-hoper as some of the characters I gave lower %'s to.

I consider Mother/Earthbound to be extremely lucky to have gotten two characters given what a minor franchise it is.

:4ganondorf: ditto, WW instead of SS
I actually think Demise would work better as a Ganondorf alt than Wind Waker Ganon would.

I think a good chunk of Ganondorf's moveset would just look awkward with WW Ganon as a result of the robe he wears.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I just want costumes that the characters actually wore.

More alts like Alph would kill the game for me. It's bad enough that Olimar is 50% of a character already.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I want more outfits like Shulk's 8th.

D-d-don't ask why. Embarrass

I'm still butthurt about how Lucas doesn't even reference Kumatora in his costumes, especially as he basically stole her moves
Ness doesn't reference Paula, and he stole her moves.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I just want costumes that the characters actually wore.

More alts like Alph would kill the game for me. It's bad enough that Olimar is 50% of a character already.
Olimar is 100% of a character- he's a veteran. Alph is the fake.

:4bowser:dry
:4myfriends::4lucina::4marth::4feroy:Chrom
:4link::4zelda:other versions
:luigi2:doc luigi (would probably be a clone though)
:4metaknight:galacta knight
:4mario:punch out referee
:4dk:punch out
:4ness:ninten
:4pacman:Ms
:4peach:daisy
:4robinm:Anna
:4samus:you can never have enough armor
:4palutena:retro palutena from the manual (I prefer the look to her modern one. WOuld probably never leave the Viridi color though)
:4robinm::4robinf:Anna. apparently she can reclass to tactician
color me terrified.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Olimar is 100% of a character- he's a veteran. Alph is the fake.
He feels like less of a character because he's only got 4 palettes instead of 8. Plus he lost half his Pikmin (not that it was Alph's fault).

I'm of the belief that if a character is worthy of being in Smash, they should be a full fledged clone like Lucina/DP/Doc. If not, they shouldn't be crammed into other characters.

I hate playing All-Star mode and having Alph and the Koopalings pop up where they don't belong. It ruins the entire mode.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I hate playing All-Star mode and having Alph and the Koopalings pop up where they don't belong. It ruins the entire mode.
I'm okay with characters getting costumes that are other characters, but even I hate that they show up in All-Star like that.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
We talking Alts?

:4mario:: Wrecking Crew, Vacation Shirt & Shades.
:4luigi:: Mr. L, Wrecking Crew.
:4peach:: Shadow Peach
:4bowser:: Dark Bowser, Dry Bowser.
:rosalina:: Cosmic Spirit
:4yoshi:: Yarn Yoshi
:4dk:: Donkey Kong Jr. Shirt
:4link:: Hyrule Warriors look, Zelda Wii U blue outfit, Ocarina of Time look.
:4zelda:: Skyward Sword look.
:4sheik:: Hyrule Warriors look.
:4ganondorf:: Ocarina of Time look, Hyrule Warriors look.
:4tlink:: Pajamas, Zelda Dress
:4samus:: True Fusion Suit, weakened Varia Suit.
:4zss:: Justin Bailey
:4mewtwo:: Shiny Mewtwo
:4charizard:: Shiny Charizard
:4lucario:: Shiny Lucario
:4ness:: Pajamas, Robot Ness
:4lucas:: Pig Commander Outfit
:4marth:: Leif
:4feroy:: Eliwood
:4myfriends:: Priam/Paris
:4robinm::4robinf:: Morgan, Mark, Katarina
:4lucina:: Eirika, Seliph.
:4pit::4darkpit:: Light Fighter armor / Dark Fighter armor respectively
:4villager::4villagerf:: Hats.
:4shulk:: Hierax armor, Eryth armor.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

:4luigi:- Mr. L
:4mewtwo: - Armored Mewtwo
:4pacman: - Ms. Pac-Man
:4ryu: - Evil Ryu
:4kirby: :4yoshi: - Yarn
:4dk: - Cartoon :troll:
:4dedede: - Masked Dedede

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
nice, so not only do they make the gay options deviants, they put them at a gameplay disadvantage. excellent work, IS
If they gave the same-sex support a child, that would make no biological sense at all, it only makes sense that they wouldn't have children. I'm sorry, but two guys can't have a child together, the human body just does not work like that.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
We talking Alts?
:4marth:: Leif
:4feroy:: Eliwood
:4robinm::4robinf:: Morgan, Mark, Katarina
:4lucina:: Eirika, Seliph.
Yeah, the alts your suggesting for the Fire Emblem characters would not work. Mark form FE7 can't fight and has no real design to go off of. Morgan has a different look depending on Robin's partner. And Katrina can't use a sword, before you say Smash has given characters non-canon moves to them, the moves did make some sense, what with giving Robin another spell, still works in the context of Robin's skills, while giving Katerina a sword makes no sense for her.
Eliwood's final weapon is the Durandal, a sword that is bigger then the Ragnell. And before you argue, remember when it comes to the lords chosen, Smash always uses their ultimate weapon in the game.
Leif's main sword can summon lighting forth, so Leif fans would be disappointed over Leif not using his actual canon abilities.
I'm pretty sure Seliph and Eirika have different builds to Lucina. And Eirika would work better as a alt for Marth, since she actually IS a fencer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom