• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yeah, the alts your suggesting for the Fire Emblem characters would not work. Mark form FE7 can't fight and has no real design to go off of. Morgan has a different look depending on Robin's partner. And Katrina can't use a sword, before you say Smash has given characters non-canon moves to them, the moves did make some sense, what with giving Robin another spell, still works in the context of Robin's skills, while giving Katerina a sword makes no sense for her.
Eliwood's final weapon is the Durandal, a sword that is bigger then the Ragnell. And before you argue, remember when it comes to the lords chosen, Smash always uses their ultimate weapon in the game.
Leif's main sword can summon lighting forth, so Leif fans would be disappointed over Leif not using his actual canon abilities.
I'm pretty sure Seliph and Eirika have different builds to Lucina. And Eirika would work better as a alt for Marth, since she actually IS a fencer.
Marth should be able to heal himself with Fa

D

Deleted member

If they gave the same-sex support a child, that would make no biological sense at all, it only makes sense that they wouldn't have children. I'm sorry, but two guys can't have a child together, the human body just does not work like that.
Just think of Zero as the father and his husband as the 'mother' s in "character only passes down hair color".
Though losing a character permanently, which could also be the avatar's daughter, might disincourage some people

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
Top 10 for dlc? Hmm.
10.Isaac
9.Rayman
8.Andy
7.Inkling
6.Shantae
5.Wolf
4.Dixie Kong
3.Marshal
2.Tetra
1.Bandanna Dee

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Yeah, the alts your suggesting for the Fire Emblem characters would not work. Mark form FE7 can't fight and has no real design to go off of. Morgan has a different look depending on Robin's partner. And Katrina can't use a sword, before you say Smash has given characters non-canon moves to them, the moves did make some sense, what with giving Robin another spell, still works in the context of Robin's skills, while giving Katerina a sword makes no sense for her.
Eliwood's final weapon is the Durandal, a sword that is bigger then the Ragnell. And before you argue, remember when it comes to the lords chosen, Smash always uses their ultimate weapon in the game.
Leif's main sword can summon lighting forth, so Leif fans would be disappointed over Leif not using his actual canon abilities.
I'm pretty sure Seliph and Eirika have different builds to Lucina. And Eirika would work better as a alt for Marth, since she actually IS a fencer.
I always thought it'd be cool if Ephraim was an alt for Marth, especially with Marth's tipper mechanic.
Just think of Zero as the father and his husband as the 'mother' s in "character only passes down hair color".
Though losing a character permanently, which could also be the avatar's daughter, might disincourage some people
It's definitely discouraging, but to not break suspension of disbelief, and the way the human body works, it just has to happen that way.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Morgan should just be a weaker clone of Robin tbh, she is way too cute to not be let into Smash day one main for sure
(no one cares about Male Morgan though)

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Only third-parties I want to see are Snake (because veteran status) and Bomberman (because Hudson, before being shut down, did many things with Nintendo, most notably MP 1-8)

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
If they gave the same-sex support a child, that would make no biological sense at all, it only makes sense that they wouldn't have children. I'm sorry, but two guys can't have a child together, the human body just does not work like that.
Not to get snarky on anything, but magic exists in Fire Emblem, so if Intelligent Systems wanted to give gay couples blood related children they can. They can just say it was magic. And note the magic of the Fire Emblem world has never been given a true set of rules, so they could add in biological children of gay couples if they ever wanted to...

Khoru

Smash Champion
...except zero's kid is adopted, so that's completely irrelevant
It's definitely discouraging, but to not break suspension of disbelief, and the way the human body works, it just has to happen that way.
****ing what suspension of disbelief. there's a ridiculous number of unrealistic things in fire emblem but it has swords and armies so we Can't Have Homos

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Not to get snarky on anything, but magic exists in Fire Emblem, so if Intelligent Systems wanted to give gay couples blood related children they can. They can just say it was magic. And note the magic of the Fire Emblem world has never been given a true set of rules, so they could add in biological children of gay couples if they ever wanted to...
The magic in Fire Emblem is summoning Fire and such. You see Robin blast his opponents with Lightning, but do you see him doing something like that? I guess I could imagine it, but it'd be a difficult thing in my opinion. The closest thing I can imagine is Clerics and Staves, which can do a bevy of things (like bringing back the dead), but I just can't imagine something like that.

Also, you weren't snarky, :3
Before we get into a serious debate about all of this and my character is attacked, I fully support things such as gay marriage. I think it's great that it's legal in all 50 states. However, two men can't have a child, and the biology is the basis of my argument, not my personal bias.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Actually Robin has an alt dedicated to Mark from FE7. See his green alt.

I think the best option is making palette swaps of other FE characters like with Eliwood with :4marth:, Chrom and Black Knight for :4myfriends: and the Awakening girls for :4lucina:.

:4marth:-Sigurd and Marx
:4myfriends:-Hector and Ephraim
:4feroy:-Eliwood
:4lucina:-Lyn, Eirika, Mia, Cadea and Micaiah

But :4zss: Justin Bailey is still my want and :4robinm: Grandmaster design

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
...except zero's kid is adopted, so that's completely irrelevant

****ing what suspension of disbelief. there's a ridiculous number of unrealistic things in fire emblem but it has swords and armies so we Can't Have Homos
First, both Zoroarking and I were talking about the Avatar's child, which you can't get in that support. I assumed you were also talking about him.

Secondly, swords and armies have nothing to do with this. It's more realistic to have homosexuals in the game, as they do exist in armies, and they are normal people like everyone else. I was talking about the fact that they can't have children (hence why I'm referring to the Avatar's child, and not Zero's child). @ Starlight_Lily Starlight_Lily brought up a very good point above with magic, I gave my personal opinion, but it could be entirely possible. However, IS went with the biological route, which is my point here. You should be able to get all the children in every support, but sadly that isn't possible in this case. I can get why you might be mad, but to me it all makes perfect sense.

Last edited:

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
I don't think Ninten has a chance at all. The only reason I gave him a 6% is because I don't think he's quite as big a no-hoper as some of the characters I gave lower %'s to.

I consider Mother/Earthbound to be extremely lucky to have gotten two characters given what a minor franchise it is.

I actually think Demise would work better as a Ganondorf alt than Wind Waker Ganon would.

I think a good chunk of Ganondorf's moveset would just look awkward with WW Ganon as a result of the robe he wears.
oops i misspelled costume. i didn't think Ninten had a chance either. but i would like to see him as an alt for ness since they are similar, the same that i wanted for claus with lucas, only his name is actually said instead of lucas, like alph and olimar.

Starlight_Lily

Marth should be able to heal himself with Fa
Except the being able to fire lighting from one space away with Leif is integral to his combat effectiveness, where as you can completely ignore Marth's ability to heal and not effect startegies that involve Marth.

I always thought it'd be cool if Ephraim was an alt for Marth, especially with Marth's tipper mechanic.
That wold go against lance based combat, where the tip would be the only part able to do damage, and not the sides.

Dude remember that Fire Emblem has characters who're both members of the human race and dragons. So I'm pretty sure people would be willing to believe in gay couples using magic to have children.

The magic in Fire Emblem is summoning Fire and such. You see Robin blast his opponents with Lightning, but do you see him doing something like that? I guess I could imagine it, but it'd be a difficult thing in my opinion. The closest thing I can imagine is Clerics and Staves, which can do a bevy of things (like bringing back the dead), but I just can't imagine something like that.

Also, you weren't snarky, :3
Before we get into a serious debate about all of this and my character is attacked, I fully support things such as gay marriage. I think it's great that it's legal in all 50 states. However, two men can't have a child, and the biology is the basis of my argument, not my personal bias.
What you are talking about is very simply combat based magic in Fire Emblem And support conversations in FE have on multiple occasions alluded to being used for non-combat us, as well as outside of healing. So again FE has never actually defined all the rules to its magic, so IS can work in biological children of Gay couples if they so chose.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
In terms of third parties I want:
9. Shovel Knight
8. Bayonetta
7. Spyro
6. Yoshimitsu
5. Bomberman
4. Tails
3. Snake
2. Shantae
1. Rayman

Yeah I couldn't think of 10, these are the only ones that really came to mind.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Except the being able to fire lighting from one space away with Leif is integral to his combat effectiveness, where as you can completely ignore Marth's ability to heal and not effect startegies that involve Marth.

That wold go against lance based combat, where the tip would be the only part able to do damage, and not the sides.

Dude remember that Fire Emblem has characters who're both members of the human race and dragons. So I'm pretty sure people would be willing to believe in gay couples using magic to hae children.

What you are talking about is very simply combat based magic in Fire Emblem And support conversations in FE have on multiple occasions alluded to being used for non-combat us, as well as outside of healing. So again FE has never actually defined all the rules to its magic, so IS can work in biological children of Gay couples if they so chose.
Ragnell has shockwaves in FE. Ike has that one custom that's weak as ****

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Top 10 third party DLC well,

1.Lloyd Irving
2.Solid Snake
3.Black Mage
4.Sakura Shinguji
5.Bayonetta
6.Dark Stalker Character
7.Shantae
8.Bomberman
9.Valkyrie
10.NIGHTS

Chrono.

So any thoughts on alternate costumes for characters that are NOT for :4mii:?

Still want the Hawaiian shirt and sunglasses for :4mario: and retro costumes for :4link::4zelda::4pit::4palutena::4fox:&:4falco:
:4mario: Construction/Maker outfit
:4luigi: N3DS Commercial outfit
:4peach: Sports outfit
:4bowser: Dry Bowser or Meowser
:4link: Classic Link
:4zelda: Classic Zelda
:4tlink: Outset outfit
:4marth:Lucina's outfit/Lodestar or Classic Marth
:4myfriends: Path of Radiance Ranger and Lord classes
:4lucina: Marth's FE12 outfit (aka his SSB4 one)
:4shulk:More Xenoblade garbs, seriously
:4megaman: Different costumes referencing his successors

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Speaking of gay marriage and Fire Emblem, I just wish they gave the option to the avatar instead of two random units of each side.
Though I believe it's to prevent losing more children, but I'll have to choose the Female Avatar if I want to marry Foleo

Dude remember that Fire Emblem has characters who're both members of the human race and dragons. So I'm pretty sure people would be willing to believe in gay couples using magic to have children.

The problem is that Dragons and Magic are from medieval tales which is what FE is based off.
Biological children between two men/women is naturally impossible and isn't something you see in these kinds of tales.
The closest we could get to resolve this problem is done in the game through adoption, or we could use the concept of a man made human which would fit the fantasy theme from the series(gosh, I have been watching too much FMA as of lately).

Starlight_Lily

I think the best option is making palette swaps of other FE characters like with Eliwood with :4marth:, Chrom and Black Knight for :4myfriends: and the Awakening girls for :4lucina:.
Again Eliwood wouldn't work for Marth for the same reason as Roy. Only some of the Awakening girls would work for Lucina.

:4marth:-Sigurd and Marx
:4myfriends:-Hector and Ephraim
:4feroy:-Eliwood
:4lucina:-Lyn, Eirika, Mia, Cadea and Micaiah
I would be really pissed of to see Michaih as a alt for Lucina, Michaih is literally the only lord in the entire FE games to only use magic. So we would be losing out on a interesting character.

:4lucina:: I want a Chrom alt, I believe this works because she is supposed to have been taught by Chrom, so him playing exactly like her works

Ragnell has shockwaves in FE. Ike has that one custom that's weak as ****
If your asking for differeences between Leif and Ike, Leif needs to be able to hit from a distance, cause he can't take a hit for **** in the earlier parts of the game, where as Ike can.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

I think the best option is making palette swaps of other FE characters like with Eliwood with :4marth:, Chrom and Black Knight for :4myfriends: and the Awakening girls for :4lucina:
Ag

I would be really pissed of to see Michaih as a alt for Lucina, Michaih is literally the only lord in the entire FE games to only use magic. So we would be losing out on a interesting character.

:4lucina:: I want a Chrom alt, I believe this works because she is supposed to have been taught by Chrom, so him playing exactly like her works

If your asking for differeences between Leif and Ike, Leif needs to be able to hit from a distance, cause he can't take a hit for **** in the earlier parts of the game, where as Ike can.
Little Mac relys on weak comboes
Lucas is a support character who doesn't have much offensive PSI
Shulk is a glass cannon
Ganondorf isn't an F-zero racer
Sonic is pretty strong
Roy is very weak
Ryu isn't that technical
Rosalina wouldn't let a Luma get hurt
Meta Knight has sword beams

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Shulk is a glass cannon
Sonic is pretty strong
Roy is very weak
Ryu isn't that technical
I understand your point but:
Shulk dies pretty quickly without Shield Monado
Sonic is considered top tier for a reason
Ryu is only technical compared to other Smash characters.
We all know how Ganondorf came to be(though his and Falcon's movesets are far from the ones of a pilot)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I understand your point but:
Shulk dies pretty quickly without Shield Monado
Sonic is considered top tier for a reason
Ryu is only technical compared to other Smash characters.
We all know how Ganondorf came to be(though his and Falcon's movesets are far from the ones of a pilot)
Shulk's actually good decent weight
Sonic doesn't kill early
true I guess
****ing Kamen Riders man

Ivander

Smash Legend
Yeah, the alts your suggesting for the Fire Emblem characters would not work. Mark form FE7 can't fight and has no real design to go off of.
Mark is Fire Emblem's first true Tactician(not like Soren who is a tactician plot-wise, but is a Mage gameplay-wise.), plus if FE7 was remade, I wouldn't doubt Mark getting the same treatment of Swords and Tomes like Robin.
Morgan has a different look depending on Robin's partner.
Much like Robin's appearance is customizable. That being said, Morgan also has an official look much like Robin.
And Katrina can't use a sword, before you say Smash has given characters non-canon moves to them, the moves did make some sense, what with giving Robin another spell, still works in the context of Robin's skills, while giving Katerina a sword makes no sense for her.

Oh look, a sword.
And before you say Awakening does not count, Roy would like a word with you, as part of his Awakening design is in his new look.
Considering in his game, Eliwood wields Durandal with one hand while riding a horse(in his route), I'm sure they could shrink Durandal a bit if they wanted to(not to mention his regular attack with the Durandal has him literally flipping his sword in the air and catching it). That being said, I'd be fine with Eliwood as an Alt for either Roy or Ike regardless
And Ragnell does not shoot sword beams and the Levin Sword in Smash is not used for ranged combat(not including catching it and throwing it), I'm pretty sure the Light Sword's ranged attack would not be prioritized in Smash.
I'm pretty sure Seliph and Eirika have different builds to Lucina.
I mostly chose Seliph for Lucina due to their similarities with each other and Eirika...
And Eirika would work better as a alt for Marth, since she actually IS a fencer.
It would. Than it comes to height like what happened with Lucina. Height-wise, I'm pretty sure Eirika would be around Lucina's height, considering she is shorter than Ephraim and at least slightly shorter than Lyon.

And Priam?

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Speaking of gay marriage and Fire Emblem, I just wish they gave the option to the avatar instead of two random units of each side.
Though I believe it's to prevent losing more children, but I'll have to choose the Female Avatar if I want to marry Foleo

The problem is that Dragons and Magic are from medieval tales which is what FE is based off.
Biological children between two men/women is naturally impossible and isn't something you see in these kinds of tales.
The closest we could get to resolve this problem is done in the game through adoption, or we could use the concept of a man made human which would fit the fantasy theme from the series(gosh, I have been watching too much FMA as of lately).
Eh, may main point is IS wanted to add in biological children for gay couples they could. I doubt they will, but they could easily explain the kids happening just through magic.

Shulk is a glass cannon
Sonic is pretty strong
Roy is very weak
Ryu isn't that technical
I have no idea why you brought up Smash, I was talking about the differences between Leif and Ike in FE.

Soul.

Sonic's FSmash starts to KO around 90-120% range. lol.
And I must be the only one here who doesn't mind having Ganondorf as is.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Eh, may main point is IS wanted to add in biological children for gay couples they could. I doubt they will, but they could easily explain the kids happening just through magic.

I have no idea why you brought up Smash, I was talking about the differences between Leif and Ike in FE.
I was pointing out how Ike doesn't fight in Smash like he does in FE, meaning a Leif alt wouldn't be that damaging

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Here's a new topic. Make a top 10 third party want list. Go.

1. Bayonetta
2. Professor Layton
3. Jibanyan
4. Agnes Oblige
5. Shovel Knight
6. Quote
7. Snake
8. Geno
9. Sora
10. Rayman
Kinda late but:
1. Solid Snake
2. Bayonetta
3. Neku Sakuraba
4. Bravely Default character (any)
5. Rayman

That's...about it really

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Top 10 3rd Parties that I'd pick:

Banjo-Kazooie
Conker
Joanna Dark
Gruntilda
Spyro
Rayman
Bomberman
Tails
Snake
Leon Kennedy

Starlight_Lily

Mark is Fire Emblem's first true Tactician(not like Soren who is a tactician plot-wise, but is a Mage gameplay-wise.), plus if FE7 was remade, I wouldn't doubt Mark getting the same treatment of Swords and Tomes like Robin.
Actually Fire Emblem's first true tactician is Malledus from the first Fire Emblem. But that's just arguing semantics

Much like Robin's appearance is customizable. That being said, Morgan also has an official look much like Robin.
Okay you got me on Morgan.

Oh look, a sword.
And before you say Awakening does not count, Roy would like a word with you, as part of his Awakening design is in his new look.
Yeah Roy is using elements of his awakening design, but is he using any of his Awakening abilities? :troll:

Personally I just don't thin using a sword for Katerina fits for her.

Considering in his game, Eliwood wields Durandal with one hand while riding a horse(in his route), I'm sure they could shrink Durandal a bit if they wanted to. That being said, I'd be fine with Eliwood as an Alt for either Roy or Ike regardless
Yeah Eliwood does work a lot better for a alt for Ike then Roy

And Ragnell does not shoot sword beams and the Levin Sword in Smash is not used for ranged combat(not including catching it and throwing it), I'm pretty sure the Light Sword's ranged attack would not be prioritized in Smash.
Actually the Ragnell does fire beams... It doesn't cause eruptions.
Still it would be weird though for the Light Sword to have its damage at the tip when the Levin Sword does equal damage over the entire blade.

I mostly chose Seliph for Lucina due to their similarities with each other and Eirika...

It would. Than it comes to height like what happened with Lucina. Height-wise, I'm pretty sure Eirika would be around Lucina's height, considering she is shorter than Ephraim and at least slightly shorter than Lyon.
Actually now that I think about Eirika could work fine for Lucina, depending on how Eirika'sbalde is designed. I'm honestly fine with Seliph as a Lucina alt, just be wierd since the Tryfing is actually pretty much the design as Marth's Falchion

And Priam?
He works fine. Thought removing him like the others from the list would have told you that. But again he works fine.

I was pointing out how Ike doesn't fight in Smash like he does in FE, meaning a Leif alt wouldn't be that damaging
Ike swings around a two-handed sword in both smash and FE, I'd defiantly say Ike in Smash is how he fights in his FE games, just minus being able to summon a volcanic eruption in FE.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Actually Fire Emblem's first true tactician is Malledus from the first Fire Emblem. But that's just arguing semantics

Okay you got me on Morgan.

Yeah Roy is using elements of his awakening design, but is he using any of his Awakening abilities? :troll:

Personally I just don't thin using a sword for Katerina fits for her.

Yeah Eliwood does work a lot better for a alt for Ike then Roy

Actually the Ragnell does fire beams... It doesn't cause eruptions.
Still it would be weird though for the Light Sword to have its damage at the tip when the Levin Sword does equal damage over the entire blade.

Actually now that I think about Eirika could work fine for Lucina, depending on how Eirika'sbalde is designed. I'm honestly fine with Seliph as a Lucina alt, just be wierd since the Tryfing is actually pretty much the design as Marth's Falchion

He works fine. Thought removing him like the others from the list would have told you that. But again he works fine.

Ike swings around a two-handed sword in both smash and FE, I'd defiantly say Ike in Smash is how he fights in his FE games, just minus being able to summon a volcanic eruption in FE.
Ike is fast in FE. I'd rather have fast Ike than heavy Ike. Does Ike have a shockwave in smash? Yes. As a custom. And it's pitiful

D

Deleted member

Rosalina's only in the heavyweight class in Mario Kart because of her height.

Just like Waluigi as of Mario Kart Wii with the sole exception of Arcade DX, where he's in the light weight class for some reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
That reminds me! Rosalina's first appearance without being a heavyweight in Smash where she's the fifth lightest character
It's because in Smash she uses an antigravitational effect, probably for better recovery or something...
Videogames are videogames, they don't need to make sense.
Rosalina's only in the heavyweight class in Mario Kart because of her height.

Just like Waluigi as of Mario Kart Wii with the sole exception of Arcade DX, where he's in the light weight class for some reason.
Waluigi was a mid weight in DD.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom