• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
If Miyamoto took over the next Smash Bros, at least we'd see some Star Fox and Pikmin bias.
captain falcon would be cut as would every villian and trophies would lack their more jokey element also items would not have a switch

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
i cannot believe i forgot about this roster. it's beautiful in so many ways

I'd complain that this lacked Frogger and Q-Bert but this is still amazing.

Most balanced game 20XX. 496 character tier lists would take decades to accurately create.

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
Recently, I played A lInk Between Worlds again, and it was a lot of fun!
So I decided to draw our lovely blue Wiz-Pig!

And colors!

For higher resolution and more details:
http://thelimomon.deviantart.com/art/Game-Over-Return-of-the-Ganons-543083732
Fun Fact: The design form A Link Between Worlds is almost exactly the same as in Oracle of Seasons/Ages.

I'll play Ocarina of Time 3D next... But don't expect me to draw something related after that! :estatic:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
“I’m aiming to make this the number one character game in the world.” - Sakurai

http://www.gamestm.co.uk/interviews...-smash-bros-best-character-game-in-the-world/

Like I said before, Cloud doesn't really jibe with me because he hasn't ever had a significant game on a Nintendo console, but he's probably the biggest remaining industry symbols that's still a possibility. If Sakurai really wants to make Smash the best possible character game, than Cloud seems like an obvious addition.

Plus it would continue the trend of Smash Bros. guest characters advertising Sony exclusives. First Metal Gear Solid 4, then Street Fighter V, and finally Final Fantasy 7 Remake. Seems pretty legit.
Regardless of the nitpickyness we all have about the roster (IE why was x brought back in this game and not y, and why does x series have x reps but y series only has y reps), he has absolutely achieved making this the best character game of all time.

I still can't believe he brought in the Duck Hunt Duo, let alone that we actually got ****ing Ryu in this game.

As for Cloud, I don't think he's on the level of the 3rd Party characters we've had so far. He's always been a one of many FF protagonists IMO. He's not a necessity and he doesn't mean anything to Nintendo. FF7 wasn't even on a Nintendo system. If you wanted to argue a case for him, then you just as well argue a case for the Master Chief.

There are definitely more worthy 3rd Parties than him, and bigger names too. Like Tails for one.

Last edited:

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman
Top 5?
1.Wolf
2.King K Rool
3.Issac
4.Wolf
5.Wolf.

To be completely honest, now that I have Mewtwo back, all I need is Wolf to be perfectly happy with this roster. Then, and only then, will dark pit be forgiven. Just as Lucario has found forgiveness.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So I was thinking about redesigning my signature so that the characters are tied to Gamecube boxarts to "represent" those games, since I love Gamecube.
So Midna/Wolf Link for Twilight Princess, Jill for Resident Evil, Paper Mario for TTYD, Nightmare for Soulcalibur 2, etc.

I think maybe I should do this for other characters and other consoles, as my own support icon project. Would anyone be interested in that?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So I was thinking about redesigning my signature so that the characters are tied to Gamecube boxarts to "represent" those games, since I love Gamecube.
So Midna/Wolf Link for Twilight Princess, Jill for Resident Evil, Paper Mario for TTYD, Nightmare for Soulcalibur 2, etc.

I think maybe I should do this for other characters and other consoles, as my own support icon project. Would anyone be interested in that?
I really want to fix my Signature but I can't ever get it right since I'm on mobile and tablets and all the apps are trash for trying to do signatures and the League of Legends wallpaper maker is limited in customization on phones and tablets

D

Deleted member

If we got any FF rep i think it should be the Black Mage, I think he's more recognizable to the non FF players like me. I only know who Cloud is because of the fanbases obsession with 7. Black Mage is a character that is recognizable as FF in pop culture, and he was actually in a Nintendo FF

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I only know Black Mage because of Mario Sports Mix. Would prefer Slime.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I really want to fix my Signature but I can't ever get it right since I'm on mobile and tablets and all the apps are trash for trying to do signatures and the League of Legends wallpaper maker is limited in customization on phones and tablets
Well, one suggestion I wold have is to make your signature horizontal instead of vertical. Otherwise the majority of it will be chopped off.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Well, one suggestion I wold have is to make your signature horizontal instead of vertical. Otherwise the majority of it will be chopped off.
I know but the problem is there are barely any settings to fix that

Like I said, I'm really limited with my options.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
W-where is Shrek?! I feel ripped off!

http://smashboards.com/threads/the-melee-netplay-community-build-is-out-now.408410/

While it's cool that older Smash games now have online play, I still think some people are a bit too obsessed with Melee.
Getting a little tired at these jabs.

Regardless, thanks for posting this, I've been wanting to play Melee online.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Apparently Splatoon gets that new Tower control mode tomorrow.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

Chrono.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Tried making it more obvious, and included links in the bottom. Hopefully it'll help!

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Here's an update of what's been posted today on Source Gaming:

Here's a breakdown of the translation. It was incredibly tedious, but the other translators and I wrote this article. Hope this clears up everything.

@ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 wrote a defense of Bayonetta.

Sakurai expresses his love for his desk.

I'm urging everyone to subscribe. Here are some reasons.
Shameless advertisement

Will check these out later, I need to know what kind of desk fetish Sakurai has going on.

D

Deleted member

Let's see:
#1 favorite Pokemon-Feraligatr
My two favorites Unova mons-Zoroark and Hydreigon
#1 wanted character for Smash-Wonder-Red
Best waifu-Anna
Best husbando-N
Literally in my dreams-Crono, Shovel Knight and Quote

But whoever did this honestly thought we needed the entire Machamp line and that from all possible iconic and popular characters from FE, Tharja was the best choice?
I love nitpicking

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
@ PushDustIn PushDustIn This is all just a case of everyone dissecting everything Sakurai says to an insane degree.

While I don't expect a ton of DLC, Sakurai is human like the rest of us, what he says doesn't always have some huge meaning. And he's proven many times that he contradicts himself.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
You are making me hungry.

Was that your intention? or something about a meat fest? I'm not sure. I need to go to sleep.

Shameless advertisement

Will check these out later, I need to know what kind of desk fetish Sakurai has going on.
It's true--I'm not ashamed! ;)

@ PushDustIn PushDustIn This is all just a case of everyone dissecting everything Sakurai says to an insane degree.

While I don't expect a ton of DLC, Sakurai is human like the rest of us, what he says doesn't always have some huge meaning. And he's proven many times that he contradicts himself.
I dont care about people dissecting everything Sakurai says to an insane degree, I just dont want people to misquote us and then have people upset when their insane expectations aren't met.
*cough* Siliconera *cough*

@ Kenith Kenith explained the subbed thing to me! Thanks!!

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I think now i'm going with 8 total DLC- 4 pre-ballot, being Mewtwo, Roy, Ryu and Lucas, and 4 post-ballot. I think that's more than fair. As for those post-ballot characters, i hope Wolf is one of them. His moveset's already done because he's a veteran and he's first party Nintendo. There's NOTHING holding him back besides Sakurai himself. I don't even think i'd ever play Wolf because i really didn't in Brawl, but Star Fox feels empty without him. I'd also like to see K. Rool or Dixie. DK ANYTHING. Those are really my two necessities for DLC. Inklings and Chorus Kids would be nice, but i won't hold my breath.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I dont care about people dissecting everything Sakurai says to an insane degree, I just dont want people to misquote us and then have people upset when their insane expectations aren't met.

I agree. People shouldn't be hinging expectations to vague statements Sakurai makes. He's not going to be giving away secrets nonchalantly in a magazine column.

Maybe some people don't see it but a lot of the time I'm trying to curb people's irrational expectations. Like I did with Chrom. I had some pretty nasty PMs over that...

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What have I missed? Are we debating how itchy Sakurai's nose currently is?

Khoru

Smash Champion
i had a dream that the ballot dlc characters were snake, banjo and kazooie, and that one boss from dawn of sorrow who's a dio expy
i am vanroose

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
@SegaNintendoUbisoft
Sorry for slow reply... but no, Bowser and the likes does NOT count! How dare you compare nakid boys to turtle dragon monsters. For shame.

I demand everyone in this thread is nakid right now.

Also finally got my Woolly World and Yarn Yoshis!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom