• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
shrugs it's just how nature works
it's not really possible for the inklings and octarians to coexist. they'd wear resources (i.e. zapfish) too thin and then they'd both be endangered

(you probably weren't being serious but)
Actually, from that standpoint it makes total and perfect sense.

Makes the theory sound even better if ya' ask me. :D

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
The wording on that more recent SG article(don't expect a ton of DLC) has me thinking about just how much DLC is going to be pumped out for Smash.

I think 5 characters is a reasonable guess.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
You mean the NPC characters that have fully written dialogue have more personality than the mute avatars?

You must be kidding.
You don't believe me?
[starts up music]

Splatoons filled with squidgiiiirls!
Though, some squids are too siiiilent.
Come close Burbbles, we'll listen to some squid twin Diiiiialogue.

Announcing all the new things.
Towers, weapons, and staaaages.
All the turf wars we're waging
Yet, they comment through it allllll.

The squid sisteeeeeers!
They have the freshest point of view
Comments on battle flow, and where to go,
and where I should be inking.

The Squid Sisteeeeers!
The dashing agents 1 and 2!
Kindred to Cuttlefish, they're story rich.
The squid sisters will sing their soooong for yooou!

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Speaking of Squid Sisters, would you want the duo in Smash 5 if the Inklings got in as DLC?
Eh, it wouldn't make sense by Smash's standards. I feel one slot for Splatoon is enough, which is of course the Inklings. They represent the game more than enough.

I love the squidgirl's reaction to the squidboy's pure joy.

Honestly, I feel they have far more personality than the player sharacters.
That said...
The main inkling themselves aren't suppose to have personalities since they are an avatar to the player. They aren't suppose to display a lot of personality.

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Eh, it wouldn't make sense by Smash's standards. I feel one slot for Splatoon is enough, which is of course the Inklings.
Unfortunately I agree. We have a history of avatars: the Villagers, miis, and Robin.

The main inkling themselves aren't suppose to have personalities since they are an avatar to the player. They aren't suppose to display a lot of personality.
That's kinda why I have little/no interest in the inklings themselves as smash DLC. When it comes to avatars, I'd want my avatar, not a preset one. And given a choice between an arbitrary avatar and a character with actual personality, I'd choose the latter every time. Unfortunately I'm in the minority.
[sulks into the shadows]

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
It's not from Sakurai himself. Based on what he said in the first Dlc article, (making players happen), latest Famitsu and Direct (not too many stages) and I swear he said he was going to focus on characters as that's what people want somewhere.
That doesn't mean "no more stages". Just that they're not the focus.

Sakurai's comment about stages during the New Content stream implies that there will be more beyond the N64 ones. Not many, but more.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
That doesn't mean "no more stages". Just that they're not the focus.

Sakurai's comment about stages during the New Content stream implies that there will be more beyond the N64 ones. Not many, but more.
Yeah I should have typed that out more clearly. It was 6 AM when I typed that...I really need to fix my sleeping schedule.

Not the primary focus, so don't expect a lot. You said it best @ Burb Burb .

JuanHUM

Smash Cadet
NNID
JuanHUM
wait wait
so bandana dee has limited potential
but paula and kumatora don't, even though they're already in smash wearing ness' and lucas' skins
i did´t say that paula and kumatora have potential, thats why i say that a feel the roster pretty completete by now, just fill mi number 5 into whatever come to my mind ( characters that pretty much i don´t feel that sakurai would consider ). Aside for seen bandana dee to have a limited potential i already say that i feel that kirby have the series pretty well represented, that being said if sakurai does include bandana dee i would like he to suprise me with is moveset.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
i did´t say that paula and kumatora have potential, thats why i say that a feel the roster pretty completete by now, just fill mi number 5 into whatever come to my mind ( characters that pretty much i don´t feel that sakurai would consider ). Aside for seen bandana dee to have a limited potential i already say that i feel that kirby have the series pretty well represented, that being said if sakurai does include bandana dee i would like he to suprise me with is moveset.
Mother couldn't even get both of it's veterans on the base game.

There is absolutely no chance of it getting another DLC character. It's a niche, dead series. And we were outright told by Sakurai that characters from franchises with no future are low priority. Lucas made it due to his own popularity. Not a lot of people are asking for Paula and Kumatora. In fact, Bandana Dee is more wanted than either of them.

There's no logical reason to think that Kumatora or Paula are likelier than Bandana Dee.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I can already see the rule 34...why...

The prominent theory is that it's the Octoling's society being destroyed. If you think about it, they need the glowfish to power their society, and when you take a crucial glowfish like that, you're ravaging their city. The noises are the destruction of the Octoling race. The screams are their screams of pain and suffering, the metal shifting is their cities being ripped apart, and the bells are an alarm signifying the end for the octolings.

That got dark. Fast.
Good lord.

Like, wow talk about attention to detail :urg:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Mother couldn't even get both of it's veterans on the base game.

There is absolutely no chance of it getting another DLC character. It's a niche, dead series. And we were outright told by Sakurai that characters from franchises with no future are low priority. Lucas made it due to his own popularity. Not a lot of people are asking for Paula and Kumatora. In fact, Bandana Dee is more wanted than either of them.

There's no logical reason to think that Kumatora or Paula are likelier than Bandana Dee.
Following Chandelure, You should totally debate Isaac in this Official Character Discussion thread, could lead to some interesting discussion. :p

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Hmm... I totally forgot about that comment, does that affect Isaac's chances in your opinion?
I really feel it does. Goldensun's best chance was Brawl since the franchise was at its peak during the GBA era. Its DS game did not do too hot and was forgotten.

I feel the ballot is the only slim chance it has in the roster at this point in time. If Issac gets enough votes then there's a decent chance I think. Sakurai did say he wants to make fans happy.

Last edited:

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
I don't think any of the indy characters have much of a shot at all.

Even if Shantae does have a "legacy" with Nintendo (which is a stretch itself, since her "legacy" consists of a GBC game that nobody played), she's not a big name and I feel her popularity is a tad exaggerated.

She does have quite a bit of support, but she's nowhere near a frontrunner. She's like Wonder Red: a character who'll randomly get this surge of support, it dies down, and then goes up again in an endless cycle.

I believe third party slots should go to gaming icons, not no-name characters. Snake, Sonic, Pac-Man, Mega Man, Ryu, Shantae. One of these things is not like the others.
for once we agree on something. i'm behind @ Burb Burb on this.
What's with all this no Stage DLC talk?
i want my new pork city and pirate ship!

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Hmm... I totally forgot about that comment, does that affect Isaac's chances in your opinion?
It's one of the main reasons why I don't think his chances are quite as good as the majority does.

Following Chandelure, You should totally debate Isaac in this Official Character Discussion thread, could lead to some interesting discussion. :p
I don't care enough about Isaac to debate about him. I'm sure everything I could say about him has already been said.

He's highly requested and has nothing in-game blocking his entry since his Assist Trophy was cut, but his series is niche, the latest game was a flop both critically and commercially, and his series currently has no future.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
It's one of the main reasons why I don't think his chances are quite as good as the majority does.

I don't care enough about Isaac to debate about him. I'm sure everything I could say about him has already been said.

He's highly requested and has nothing in-game blocking his entry since his Assist Trophy was cut, but his series is niche, the latest game was a flop both critically and commercially, and his series currently has no future.
at the very least he has a higher chance now than he did before.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'm one of those people who flat out doesn't care for Golden Sun or Isaac.

More power to the fans since no Assist Trophy, but to me, whatever.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
before the ballot showed up. before then, it looked like he had no chance at all, despite the disappearance of his assist trophy.
Ah, I figured that's what you meant. Wasn't quite sure, though, since you could've meant pre-Brawl (which I would've disagreed with; I think his chances of getting into Brawl were better than his chances of getting into SSB4).

I do agree, though. He's the kind of character who has a better chance of getting in through the ballot than without it.

I'm one of those people who flat out doesn't care for Golden Sun or Isaac.

More power to the fans since no Assist Trophy, but to me, whatever.
I'm on the same boat.

I'm not a fan of the series and don't care about the character.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
And I correctly predict that RTC raters are going "NUUU RIDLEY FIRST" given it's Sylux's day.

Sigh.

I don't know what I was expecting.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
And I correctly predict that RTC raters are going "NUUU RIDLEY FIRST" given it's Sylux's day.

Sigh.

I don't know what I was expecting.
....well, can't be that bad, I mean, I got salty for 3 days after checking the paper mario ratings :)

....seriously, if it's worse.....idk anymore.....

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Oh please. That's nothing.
I see your point and raise a counter argument.
Edit: Jesus Christ I put in so many that it just stopped working at some point.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I see your point and raise you a counter argument.
And I say this joke has ran its course.

Hm? RTC raters? What's that?
What happens when you have a bunch of folks judging characters through bias and opinions as if they know exactly what the roster will be.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
BUTTER BUILDING FINALLY OH MY GOD

I actually went to the effort of naming the specific RNG CDs I didn't have. When I started playing tonight, I had just six left, and now I finally got Butter Building after probably hours of praying to RNGesus. I only have 2 RNG CDs left (Squeak Squad and Knight of the Wind)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom