• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

It doesn't matter.

Some of us would rather see unique individual characters rather than Mario #3 and Link #3.

Like I said in my post about it; yeah, Paper Mario would play differently. But I don't care because he's still just Mario with a different art style. I want someone who's not Mario.
I can also say for sure this is how the general public would react.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Late late late, but do people seriously use the "3 Marios" argument? Let me stomp that for you.

Mario is literally the most famous gaming character of all time. That is indisputable. With that kind of fame, he should have much more then three versions of himself in a game starring him.

Also, Paper Mario, moveset-wise, is 0% Mario.
.....this is NOT new at all.

In fact, I hear this everyday, idk why you are shocked.

the thing is, Paper Jam does help, but what I think would happen anyway is that if he is ever shown with a trailer, this would be even more clear.

tbh, i really don;t see the problem.....at all especially considering what you are exactly talking about. To me, it;s not exactly I would evaluate characters in the roster.....

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
It doesn't matter.

Some of us would rather see unique individual characters rather than Mario #3 and Link #3.

Like I said in my post about it; yeah, Paper Mario would play differently. But I don't care because he's still just Mario with a different art style. I want someone who's not Mario.
And everyone's okay with Marth #3? Gotcha.

Paper Mario is completely unique moveset wise. People on here are all about "Movesets make the character".

Edit: Also, adle, I kind of...do not understand your post at all

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

Paper Mario is completely unique moveset wise. People on here are all about "Movesets make the character".
To be fair, the Marth clones are actually different characters.

Not that I disagree with your point.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Also, we've had 3 Links, barely seen anyone care about that. Hm, wonder why?

Having another Mario is the least of our problems. Dr. Mario didn't even take up roster space or development time. It doesn't make sense to pine over Gaming's icon getting a character like him in appearance and name, but completely unlike him move-set wise.

So many people, some in this very thread, put clones on a silver pedestal, but refuse to give Paper Mario a chance.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

Edit: Also, adle, I kind of...do not understand your post at all
I'll explain the argument in the first place: it revolves on saying there's redundancy.

The main problem with it is seriously where is the redundancy?

Because I really do not want paper mario for the character. I really don't want him for just that, if I would, then I would understand why it is questionable with mario being in the game.

it's not how it works. Every character acts a bit like a delegate to something related to their origins (this is that something that I define as subsets).

I use her a lot as example, but if you take rosalina, she isn't there just to have rosalina in the roster, she reflects the subset of the galaxy stuff in the mario franchise. You could argue the same with dr mario and so on. However, this si ambiguous, it;s not necessarily a series, it might be something inside a franchise and these subsets can be splitted (like the zelda series, toon link and link have a different subsets, but there's some similarity in the fact that they are btoh links).

Also, the reasons Paper Jam helps is it further enhance the point of mario not even feeling the same as paper mario. The fact this is enhanced officially (even to the point of having naming distinction and a lot of in game effects) does mean that nintendo don;t necessarily view them as the same entity. If it wasn;t the case, the point of the crossover would be weird.

What I basically mean is that no matter how paper mario is related to mario, saying that it would be redundancy BECAUSE of being related to mario is pretty much saying that you only care about the character itself.

Like, toon link is link. There's like.....not much to say about it. If you question why it was necessary to put another link, the same goes for putting Rosalina, she wasn't necessary too. It;s because as the smash roster grows, some subset becomes to be interesting to have their own delagates. Toon link despite being link is not feeling the same nor reflects the same as link.

I just don;t understand why the "he;s related to mario" would block everyone and forget about it claiming it's redundancy. Considering the current roster, I hardly believe it works that way.....

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
lmao all of her supports are like that
this is a character who is a literal ****ing lesbian who can only marry men
have fun with waifu sim, bro
Localization.

Localization will make it better.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
>Saying FE 14 is worse because of one support

:4ness: okay.
Don't worry , FE "old fan" are the same since awakening and are blaming the game that save the series . Yknow the same who said that Roy is a bad unit because they don't have their "One-lord kill All ennemy in the map " character and can't love a minimum Of difficulty
At least in the west

lmao all of her supports are like that
this is a character who is a literal ****ing lesbian who can only marry men
have fun with waifu sim, bro
Must have read somewere ( maybe 4chan bullsh** ) That is common for little girl to have crush on girl in Japan and IT'S considered childish ans immature

I think they're saying it because it's erasing LGBT people, oh, on top of incest, oh, on top of blatant fanservice, oh, on top of not making the best character in the game a capturable boss and have no supports...Miss you, Draj..
Yeah . IT'S not Like after One hours Of game somebody say That you're not related to anybody in This game , no incest sorry . Blatant / optional fanservice .

It just receive my copy Of IF today . The gameplay and the Map design in the best in the series so far . And is really balanced . The weapon even if They not breaking have some "malus/bonus" concept and a lot Of Time IT'S "little bonus/big malus" you have to actually think in this game .

But then you'll get people complaining how it's "ruined".
I don't Really Mind this . Yes it might be different , the only thing we don't want it's to change the character personality . Oh and btw even 4chan don't Like the Soleil/MU support

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well either way I think it's safe to say Fates is going to be one of the more divisive games in Nintendo's history.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You said that it had three console games in response to Dash 2.
Dash 2 isn't a console game.

And that Metroid comparison isn't a good one. At all.
I said Boom had 3 console games AND this before a mainseries games outside of Runners

Care to explain why?
I think they're saying it because it's erasing LGBT people, oh, on top of incest, oh, on top of blatant fanservice, oh, on top of not making the best character in the game a capturable boss and have no supports...Miss you, Draj..
If you complain about incest in Fire Emblem, then you aren't a Fire Emblem fan. It's been in quite some games, with Awakening having able to marry her cousin and implying Eirika banged her brother or something

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
Don't worry , FE "old fan" are the same since awakening and are blaming the game that save the series . Yknow the same who said that Roy is a bad unit because they don't have their "One-lord kill All ennemy in the map " character and can't love a minimum Of difficulty
At least in the west
strawmen ain't cool
Must have read somewere ( maybe 4chan bullsh** ) That is common for little girl to have crush on girl in Japan and IT'S considered childish ans immature
oh yeah, that's a thing
it's why there's so much slice of life or w/e with moeblob queerbaiting
Yeah . IT'S not Like after One hours Of game somebody say That you're not related to anybody in This game , no incest sorry . Blatant / optional fanservice .
optionality doesn't excuse its presence. also, despite not being incest in a biological sense, it still applies ideologically. stuff like "i don't want to be seen as your sister, but a woman" or whatever. you wouldn't marry an adoptive sibling
It just receive my copy Of IF today . The gameplay and the Map design in the best in the series so far . And is really balanced . The weapon even if They not breaking have some "malus/bonus" concept and a lot Of Time IT'S "little bonus/big malus" you have to actually think in this game .
oh, i'm not knocking the gameplay at all. it seems pretty solid. the music's great too.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Fire Emblem Fates is going to tear everyone apart.

And I'll be there to watch the world burn.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
But I'm still sad that with all the fanservice we didn't get leggy Marth.

Why bother with boobs if you get give us a true peepshow? I'm very disappointed in you IS... :glare:

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Guys, Fire Emblem Fates is FE15.

EDIT: Jokes, I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Yknow the same who said that Roy is a bad unit because they don't have their "One-lord kill All ennemy in the map " character and can't love a minimum Of difficulty
er those was not why Roy was considered a bad unit

Why bother with boobs if you get give us a true peepshow? I'm very disappointed in you IS... :glare:
...Man I'm glad they've redesigned Marth. lol

I thought it's FE14? FE10 was on the Wii, and we have 2 DS games and then Awakening.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I said Boom had 3 console games AND this before a mainseries games outside of Runners

Care to explain why?
It's on the principle that 3 games in a side series when (not counting Runners or Mario and Sonic's upcoming 5th Olympic outing) the main series hasn't had a game for a measly 2 ****in' years holds the same amount of weight as 5 Metroid games in a row that don't even have Samus.

As in apples to oranges, making a mountain out of molehill, whatever expression you want.

The Boom side series isn't replacing jack **** just because it has three games during the period when the cartoon they're based on is "in".

Last edited by a moderator:

Naoshi

also i think incest is kinda icky. i dont care if FE has already done it, it doesnt make it any less weird :S

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

Marth look so Alpha here . Idk how we end with the Marth design we know

Stills count 14 , maybe the Hoshido/Norh are counted as 14/15

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
is that counting the satellaview game or
Interestingly enough, Serene's Forest tags Fates as "FE14" also. Hmm. Let's see.
  1. Dark Dragon and Sword of Light
  2. Gaidan
  3. Mystery of the Emblem
  4. Genealogy of the Holy War
  5. Thracia 776
  6. Binding Blade
  7. Blazing Sword
  8. Sacred Stones
  9. Path of Radiance
  10. Radiant Dawn
  11. Shadow Dragon
  12. New Mystery of the Emblem
  13. Awakening
  14. Fates

Whoops. I did count the BS Fire Emblem game. My bad.

Naoshi

You know, I sort of want to play FE from first to last. Would be kind of interesting...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
It's on the principle that 3 games in a side series when (not counting Runners or Mario and Sonic's upcoming 5th Olympic outing) the main series hasn't had a game for a measly 2 ****in' years holds the same amount of weight as 5 Metroid games in a row that don't even have Samus.

As in apples to oranges, making a mountain out of molehill, whatever expression you want.

The Boom side series isn't replacing jack **** just because it has three games during the period when the cartoon they're based on is "in".
Maybe I overexagerated with the Metroid comparison. And I'm aware that Boom isn't replacing the main series, but am pointing out how Boom has more games than the mainseries since it's reveal and how it's questionable
also i think incest is kinda icky. i dont care if FE has already done it, it doesnt make it any less weird :S
I agree that it's icky despite my recent statement
Some FE14 stuff
Apparently Soleil is bi

That's her support with Foleo, also there's misgendering there, just a warning.
I still don't get why said character can't marry women. ****ing LOOK at her unique skill! "Girl Lover"

D

Deleted member

Maybe I overexagerated with the Metroid comparison. And I'm aware that Boom isn't replacing the main series, but am pointing out how Boom has more games than the mainseries since it's reveal and how it's questionable
3 games vs. how many bloody games Sonic's had since 1991?

Whatever message you're trying to convey here, you're not conveying it clear enough.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
3 games vs. how many bloody games Sonic's had since 1991?

Whatever message you're trying to convey here, you're not conveying it clear enough.
Boom had 3 games and a mobile game coming since it's announcement.
Main series only had Runners since Boom's announcement
SEGA is still saying that fans shouldn't worry about it's replacement, proven by the Fire And Ice interview which incorrectly states Sticks is the new playable character
Fire And Ice was made because the devs wanted to make it

Chrono.

Pokken Stream in around 5-6 hours.

EDIT: No nvm, I'm dumb

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom