• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
You know who I miss? That vanroose guy. He had some very credible leaks.

Last edited:

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Guys, Fire Emblem Fates is FE15.

EDIT: Jokes, I'm wrong.
Interestingly enough, Serene's Forest tags Fates as "FE14" also. Hmm. Let's see.
  1. Dark Dragon and Sword of Light
  2. Gaidan
  3. Mystery of the Emblem
  4. Genealogy of the Holy War
  5. Thracia 776
  6. Binding Blade
  7. Blazing Sword
  8. Sacred Stones
  9. Path of Radiance
  10. Radiant Dawn
  11. Shadow Dragon
  12. New Mystery of the Emblem
  13. Awakening
  14. Fates
Whoops. I did count the BS Fire Emblem game. My bad.
IS counts BS FE, most fans don't.

You know, I sort of want to play FE from first to last. Would be kind of interesting...
Most people don't realize it, but Gaiden was a major step forward for the franchise.

FE1's item system sucked, and it was great to have different maps/music compared to the former game bar the final chapter. The story is also much more fleshed out, at least for most 8bit RPGs.

Don't worry , FE "old fan" are the same since awakening and are blaming the game that save the series . Yknow the same who said that Roy is a bad unit because they don't have their "One-lord kill All ennemy in the map " character and can't love a minimum Of difficulty
At least in the west
With older fans it's more so the direction the series is taking.* Don't know anyone who thinks Awakening is a bad game, but I do know plenty who have had a lot of nitpicks/complaints with it as well as favorite game salt (albeit, there objectively are a lot of things the older games did better or are different mechanically). *Pretty sure most don't give a **** about the LGBT supports, more so it being the shameless fanservice, but this is the internet. "shrugs"

Personally am just bugged by the fanservice and the developers for thinking Phoenix Mode should be a thing. Gameplay and story I hear is better than FE13, I just hope the characters aren't as bland or stereotypical like they were in the former, though this is all stuff that can only be experienced firsthand.

FE6 is the only one I don't own so I can't comment too much, but if they don't have a niche to fill or can't hold themselves in battle that can be very detrimental (Ex. Micaiah and why FE10 turns people off), especially in a game such as FE. Am personally only expecting him to be about Marth/Erika tier.

Last edited:

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
...I feel like they put those controversial things into FE14 on purpose, to create conversations like these...
Remember; Any kind of promotion is promotion.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If the Broadcast Satellite ever came westward do you think they would have renamed it. We're all saying BS Fire Emblem here.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
If the Broadcast Satellite ever came westward do you think they would have renamed it. We're all saying BS Fire Emblem here.
Actually if they did bring BS Fire Emblem they'd probably use its actual name, which is Chronicles of Anknea war.

Also IS flipflops all the time as weather they count BSFE as part of the main series or not.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I doubt we'll get ten or more. Two, maybe; I'd even settle with five. But certainly not ten.
We will all settle with whatever we get.
I don't see Sylux getting into SSB4 under any circumstances, but he's bound to be a frontrunner for the next game.

Actually, we have proof that they prepared two slots for characters to be added. Not proof that development on these characters had actually started.
No proof development has started? They are certainly working on something.

I think Pichu was intended to be reiterated via "PraiMai" like Young Link was reiterated into Toon link. I agree Pichu's dead now, and I never thought Snake or Icies had a chance. Wolf is the best bet, and he's popular enough that it might just happen.
I really think that it depends on development time. Wolf is likely to me just because I think we are going to get two more veterans; but It kills me that it may never be the linked and doomed Squirtle.

I think they're saying it because it's erasing LGBT people, oh, on top of incest, oh, on top of blatant fanservice, oh, on top of not making the best character in the game a capturable boss and have no supports...Miss you, Draj..
It doesnt though. Gay people have always existed, and often just assimilated into society by having sex anyway, with both sexes, or simply abstaining. The story doesnt address this because it is not about sexuality, simply breeding, and gay breeding is not a historical thing. There is a huge gay movement now, but all movements tend to go overboard.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Would you look at that, last day's RTC wasn't half bad.

Sylux outdoes both Ridley and Dark Samus in Chance(9.78%) and has a sizable Want amount(31.98%); obviously incomparable to Ridley but still nice considering its status.

I'd say the Chance is pretty accurate, but I'm obviously not getting my hopes up.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I think ZSS was kept in as a peace offering for Metroid fans. I honestly don't think we'll see anything more of Metroid until at least next game.

Last edited:

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
I think ZSS was kept in as a peace offering for Metroid fans. I honestly don't think we'll see anything more of Metroid until at least next game.
I agree.

This is also the reason why I can't see a Rhythm Heaven Character happening.

For a Metroid character, the major votes in the ballot go for Ridley, the rest go for Dark Samus, Sylux and some other minor characters.
Since Ridley pretty much won't happen, there are just very few votes for Dark Samus and Sylux left, and one of them is an assist trophy already. (If it is a problem for Sakurai)
So I'm sure these votes aren't enough to get one of them even near the top of the ballot.

The same is with Rhythm Heaven.
A lot of people want a Rhythm Heaven character, but all the votes split into Chorus Kids, Karate Joe, the Wrestler (and the Reporter) and some others, too.
So there aren't many votes on one specific character for Sakurai to see.

(The only hope I have left is if he sees that people want a Rhythm Heaven character in general, so that he decides to make one... But I consider it "rather unlikely"...)

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
image.jpg

Pleasebewrongpleasebewrongpleasebewrongtooearlytooearlypleasebewrongpleasebewrongtooearlypleasebewrongtooearlypleasepleasepleasebewrong

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Well, Reggie did say we'd learn more in 2016. I just don't think we expected the console to SHIP then...

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Oh no.

If that's true, this is going to be the next Saturn.

PLEASE don't make this the next Saturn, Nintendo.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So I was going through the bowels of reddit and stumbled upon something interesting. You guys remember Abadango, the really good Japanese Pac-Man from APEX? There is apparently another good Mexican Pac-Man player who seems to be somewhat better than Abadango.
(http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3axlny/take_a_look_at_this_pacman_from_mexico/).
This is merely a combo video, but he actually plays like that in tournament play.
(http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3buqt0/beatfox_back_in_action_that_pacman_from_mexico/).
Its kind of impressive on how people manipulate Pac-Man and his may fruits to throw out combos.
They also tried to challenge Abadango, but Abadango thought it was just a publicity stunt so he declined.
(http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3bufax/abadango_is_not_interested_in_fighting_the/).
If we ever get to see this match at EVO or at any other tournament, I would actually get hyped through the roof.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Cool! Don't know why anyone would want it over the objectively superior 3DS port, especially considering the 3DS's userbase compared to Wii U, but cool to see!
I think they should make N64 games work on 3DS, honestly.
As someone who only beaten the 3DS version and didn't get far in the N64 version, I would say that I find the art direction cooler. I felt the 3DS version was kind of too bright, when the game has a darkish tone.

Oh and now we can play OoT in 720p/1080p which is now a nice little plus.

But yeah I prefer the 3DS, but the original still has merit I think.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I mean, with the exception of Metroid and a proper Animal Crossing, Wii U did hit all of its marks with regard to series- Mario, Pikmin, DK, Wario, Yoshi, Kirby, Smash, Mario Kart and newcomer/successful new IP Splatoon are already out and Star Fox and Zelda are on their way. I'd love to see Wii U continue and i'm salty that Nintendo's giving up, but we did get a lot on the system for the short time it's been available.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I'll buy NX day one, but I still have my doubts it will come out at all next year, let alone in a year's time.

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
View attachment 59634

Pleasebewrongpleasebewrongpleasebewrongtooearlytooearlypleasebewrongpleasebewrongtooearlypleasebewrongtooearlypleasepleasepleasebewrong
While I don't believe this report, it actually would make some sense. Think about it.... everyone was disappointed that Nintendo didn't show a new Mario, Metroid or Zelda game at E3. Perhaps that's because all these games will be launch titles on the new system. In that case, they technically could not show them since they didn't show the new console. Hhm......

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
They already confirmed that Zelda will launch on Wii U. Though there is the possibility they'll do a Twilight Princess with it.

Naoshi

I mean, with the exception of Metroid and a proper Animal Crossing, Wii U did hit all of its marks with regard to series- Mario, Pikmin, DK, Wario, Yoshi, Kirby, Smash, Mario Kart and newcomer/successful new IP Splatoon are already out and Star Fox and Zelda are on their way. I'd love to see Wii U continue and i'm salty that Nintendo's giving up, but we did get a lot on the system for the short time it's been available.
Well, we're actually also missing a platformer Kirby (remember, the one we got on Wii U is a sequel to a handheld spinoff!), F-Zero, Paper Mario, a proper WarioWare and... I guess Rhythm Heaven if that counts? I think I'm missing something.

But you are right, they've hit so many check marks in a 3 year time span. Which is kinda impressive!

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Well, we're actually also missing a platformer Kirby (remember, the one we got on Wii U is a sequel to a handheld spinoff!), F-Zero, Paper Mario, a proper WarioWare and... I guess Rhythm Heaven if that counts? I think I'm missing something.

But you are right, they've hit so many check marks in a 3 year time span. Which is kinda impressive!
I know what you mean, but to be fair, we didn't get an actual Kirby on Gamecube either- just Air Ride. This might be another case like that. And we got Game & Wario, which isn't the same, but i think it should still count- it was their attempt at innovation. The thing that's awkwardly missing (at least in my eyes) is Pokemon.

Naoshi

I know what you mean, but to be fair, we didn't get an actual Kirby on Gamecube either- just Air Ride. This might be another case like that. And we got Game & Wario, which isn't the same, but i think it should still count- it was their attempt at innovation. The thing that's awkwardly missing (at least in my eyes) is Pokemon.
Yeah, although GC was the only console without a proper Kirby game. So I feel a platformer Kirby should count as it traditionally appeared on Nintendo home systems.

I actually thought Game & Wario was a spinoff? If not, then my bad lol

And yeah, you're right, Pokemon! I knew I was forgetting something

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Yeah, although GC was the only console without a proper Kirby game. So I feel a platformer Kirby should count as it traditionally appeared on Nintendo home systems.

I actually thought Game & Wario was a spinoff? If not, then my bad lol

And yeah, you're right, Pokemon! I knew I was forgetting something
Also, we didn't get a Fire Emblem on Wii U- got one on GC and one on Wii, but nothing on Wii U unless you could that SMTxFE abomination...

Naoshi

Also, we didn't get a Fire Emblem on Wii U- got one on GC and one on Wii, but nothing on Wii U unless you could that SMTxFE abomination...
Ah right, a proper FE is another one. Shame that series might just become handheld only outside of that.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
And everyone's okay with Marth #3? Gotcha.

Paper Mario is completely unique moveset wise. People on here are all about "Movesets make the character".

Edit: Also, adle, I kind of...do not understand your post at all
Who ever said I wanted a third Marth? Did I pick Roy to be DLC? Strange, here I was thinking I had been opposed to the idea of giving Marth a second clone.

Regardless, Roy looks different enough from Marth and is his own individual. The differences in design between Marth and Roy are more apparent than the ones between Mario and Paper Mario or Young Link and the other two Links.

If given the choice between Roy, Young Link, and Paper Mario, I'd probably pick Roy.

No proof development has started? They are certainly working on something.
At the time of the Mewtwo patch's release, we had no proof there were any characters actively being developed except Roy, Ryu, and Lucas. Placeholder slots are not necessarily indicative that development was actively occurring; just that they prepared slots for them.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
As someone who only beaten the 3DS version and didn't get far in the N64 version, I would say that I find the art direction cooler. I felt the 3DS version was kind of too bright, when the game has a darkish tone.

Oh and now we can play OoT in 720p/1080p which is now a nice little plus.

But yeah I prefer the 3DS, but the original still has merit I think.
Oh? I feel like the 3DS is closer to what the game's official art looks like so I like it more.
But I was joking anyway. It's actually more a jab at the fact Nintendo has been really slow to put N64 games on the Virtual Console.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Oh? I feel like the 3DS is closer to what the game's official art looks like so I like it more.
But I was joking anyway. It's actually more a jab at the fact Nintendo has been really slow to put N64 games on the Virtual Console.
Why support a dying system?
-Nintendo E3 2015

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom