• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I've been trying to be lenient on this as the group adjusts to the move from the social group to a regular thread, but keep in mind that media-only (video, pictures, gifs) posts are technically considered spam even in as loose a format as a social thread. I know it can be fun, particularly with reactions, to just post one of those, but it doesn't really add much to conversation. Even if it's as simple as adding a brief caption before/after whatever the content is, that's the better way to go. Just something to keep in mind. :)

(This isn't targeting anyone in particular; I've been noticing them occasionally over time from all different people and I wanted to remind everybody that it is a thing.)

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Offtopic but the supreme court ruled on favor of gay marriage. Today is a good day.

Back on topic of smash.
Now this is fully hypothetical but what do you guys think will happen if we do in fact have a new director next smash?
Is it possible the new guy will have a completely different idealogy maybe focusing more on newcomers than bringing vets back. Less focus on moveset?Etc etc.

Its entirety possible smash 5'ss speculation will be completely different and i find that neat.
Honestly on one hand getting a new director for Smash could be interesting since it could take the series in a new direction.

But I'm afraid of who they'll get to replace Sakurai. Since one thing, I'm sure we all can agree on, is that he's a Nintendo fan just like the rest of us With him gone we could see some monumentally stupid cuts from the roster. And the only 3 characters who're are 100% safe for returning in Smash 5 are Mario, Pikachu and Link. Where as Fox and Samus popularity wavers at times. So say we only get Starfox Zero, and it doesn't get a sequel in between it and Smash 5, we could see Fox cut, because to quote 'he isn't relevant anymore'. It could also mean No Ice Climbers, even though we all want them back.

I just hope if Sakurai doesn't comeback they choose someone who is as much a fan of Nintendo as he is.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Whoever replaces Sakurai would logically have his love for games and a creative mindset. Everything else is bound to be different. Ridley support would boom if Sakurai steps down, though.

Wondering what an alternate director's bias would be...

Honestly on one hand getting a new director for Smash could be interesting since it could take the series in a new direction.

But I'm afraid of who they'll get to replace Sakurai. Since one thing, I'm sure we all can agree on, is that he's a Nintendo fan just like the rest of us With him gone we could see some monumentally stupid cuts from the roster. And the only 3 characters who're are 100% safe for returning in Smash 5 are Mario, Pikachu and Link. Where as Fox and Samus popularity wavers at times. So say we only get Starfox Zero, and it doesn't get a sequel in between it and Smash 5, we could see Fox cut, because to quote 'he isn't relevant anymore'. It could also mean No Ice Climbers, even though we all want them back.

I just hope if Sakurai doesn't comeback they choose someone who is as much a fan of Nintendo as he is.
This is my biggest worry about future smash installments. Sakurai puts so much onto his games that, while a fresh take on the series could be great, i worry the new guy jusg makes a port with better graphics or really doesn't make interesting characters. :x

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

Nintendo aren't going to appoint someone to the Smash Bros series who would cut characters like Donkey Kong, Fox or Samus.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
4Chan just make my day .

it's about FE:IF DLC leak , so Spoiler alert ~

Starlight_Lily

Nintendo aren't going to appoint someone to the Smash Bros series who would cut characters like Donkey Kong, Fox or Samus.
Dude I don't want to be that guy, but Fox is no longer as popular as he was back during the N64 era. So if the new guy only wanted to put in popular characters from Nintendo in Smash, Fox may have a harder time then with the first 4.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Dude I don't want to be that guy, but Fox is no longer as popular as he was back during the N64 era. So if the new guy only wanted to put in popular characters from Nintendo in Smash, Fox may have a harder time then with the first 4.
If the new guy wanted to only put in popular characters from Nintendo in Smash, then Fox would 100%, no doubt be included. Star Fox is still one Nintendo's most successful franchises of all time.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
He's the star of a big upcoming Wii U game. Is he less popular than he used to be? Yes. To the degree that he'll have a harder time getting into a game he's been a staple in since the start anyway? Hell no. Even if Star Fox Zero is the last we see of Fox, I think we'd have to go through another whole Smash cycle (i.e., we get SSB5 and in the time leading up to that game and to the next Smash, no more Star Fox games) without him getting any more games before anybody could remove him, and even then I doubt it. He's too well-liked in the context of Smash alone.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
None of the original 12 are getting cut.If they were it would have already happened.Everyone else is in the air but the first 12 are always gonna be locks

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Fox would never be dropped for irrelevance. Look at Captain Falcon or Sheik. Let's look at the ones that did get dropped from Melee.

Mewtwo: Was still relevant to series (Master of Mirage Pokemon Special/Gen 1 remake)
Pichu: Was simply crap all round. (come at me!)
Roy: Irrelevance got him dropped but Smash popularity resurrected him
Y. Link: Updated to Toon Link
Dr. Mario: Relevance was never a factor in his inclusion in the first place.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
They wouldn't appoint someone to the Smash Bros series who didn't respect what's already in place to begin with.

This new person would likely have as much passion for Nintendo's history as Sakurai.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I don't think any director would be foolish enough to cut any of the original 12. If i'm wrong, in X years when Smash 5 comes out, someone quote me on this and i'll eat my shoe a la @ SlickWylde SlickWylde

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The only way characters like Fox or Samus would get cut is if Smash was taken over by someone with absolutely no respect for Sakurai or his work.
Nintendo would never ever hire someone like that to direct Smash Bros.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
The only way characters like Fox or Samus would get cut is if Smash was taken over by someone with absolutely no respect for Sakurai or his work.
Nintendo would never ever hire someone like that to direct Smash Bros.
Mostly because someone who would be that ignorant wouldn't be able to make a competent game that would actually sell.

Smash is one of Nintendo's biggest cash cows, you can be damn sure that they're never going to take that for granted.

Starlight_Lily

Well I was talking more in the context of the new director pulling from Nintendo's A-List cast only and not any of the lower list casts.

Cause its possible the new guy could be like: only relevant series for this game are Pokemon, Zelda and Mario.

And it was only a hypothetical situation in which somehow someone who isn't on board as Sakurai was, replaced him. But with it seeming that Iwata isn't going anywhere anytime soon. I could easily see him, pretty much going: No your to use all previous characters in Smash. No arguments, or your off the project.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I just hope that nobody else gets cut. Well... maybe dark pit. Hahahaha
The only characters I wouldn't personally miss are Miis, because I never see them. Everyone else I get personal pleasure out of, whether it's using them or fighting them.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I like how any time anyone makes a bet, it's about eating a shoe and has me involved, it means I've left an impression! (And the shoe left an impression on my face)

I would be pretty shocked if any of the original 12 were cut, and honestly, I probably would not be interested. But I think this is my last Smash game anyway. I rarely even play this one. I think my friends have all moved on, and since online sucks for me, it's time I move on after we get all the DLC.

D

Deleted member

Waifu Simulator 2015/2016 is looking great

Oh...
There's no gay marriage option for him

Last edited by a moderator:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Waifu Simulator 2015/2016 is looking great

Oh...
There's no gay marriage option for him
OKAY BUT IS THIS REAL!?

Edit- Yeah, it's probably the Monk. I forgot.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Sorry, Samus shall return at another date.

TODAY IS GAY DAY.

GET GAY EVERYONE.

GAY MARRY ALL HUSBANDOS AND WAIFUS.

-coughs-

Now how about that Smash?

Last edited:

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
@ Firus Firus
Really sorry about that. I just felt the world needed to see Tom Nook gettin' it on. :c

I'll behave. ^^
As I said, that wasn't directed toward anyone specific so no need to apologize, just keep it in mind for the future. Also, you actually had a caption on that so you're in the clear anyway. :)

D

Deleted member

Sorry, Samus shall return at another date.

TODAY IS GAY GAY.

GET GAY EVERYONE.

GAY MARRY ALL HUSBANDOS AND WAIFUS.

-coughs-

Now how about that Smash?
Hard to do that when they give only one per route.
At least it's a good start for gay marriage in FE

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I don't think anyone is getting cut in the next game.
Granted this is mainly because I think "Smash NX" will really be "Ultimate Smash Bros.
Wii U" but still.
Smash on Wii U is so good graphics/gameplay wise that it would be criminal if the next game isn't just built on top of this one. All the fans really clamour for in Smash is more of the same. The core gameplay and cast of characters (and stages by extension) are the meat and potatoes of the game. New modes don't last that long. People won't care about Smash Tour or Smash run for long.

Just slap Smash Wii U on NX with
-New characters
-Bring back a couple classic modes like Break the Targets
-New stages
-Separate Alph.

;).

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Hard to do that when they give only one per route.
At least it's a good start for gay marriage in FE
I demand to be able to S Support Anna one day. These baby steps are a good sign, even though I don't like the character for Les Yay. You men are so lucky, getting Dio Brando
As I said, that wasn't directed toward anyone specific so no need to apologize, just keep it in mind for the future. Also, you actually had a caption on that so you're in the clear anyway. :)
I just saw your avi. Thank you for reminding me that this masterpiece of a show exists

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
100% staying
:4mario::4dk::4link::4pikachu::4samus::4yoshi::4fox::4falcon::4jigglypuff::4luigi::4ness::4peach::4zelda::4sheik::4bowser::4ganondorf::4marth::4gaw::4falco::4metaknight::4pit::4zss::4wario::4myfriends::4diddy::4olimar::4charizard::4dedede::4lucario::4tlink::4rob::4villager::4wiifit::rosalina::4littlemac::4palutena::4shulk::4duckhunt::4sonic:

75% chance
:4bowserjr::4drmario::4megaman::4mewtwo::4pacman::4robinm::popo:

50% chance
:4lucas::4greninja::4ryu::wolf:

25% chance
:4darkpit::4lucina::4feroy::snake:

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Er...Greninja and Robin are probably locked, Greninja has become surprisingly popular and Robin is currently the only magic user in the FE roster
If I re-edited it, I would give Robin a better chance but all these people screaming future cut just scares me as a Robin main

Greninja I'm half and half on. Although I'm giving Lucas a stronger chance depending on what happens with his franchise if Mother 3 finally gets that official translation.

D

Deleted member

I swear, we're going to have Robin discussions in 5 years how we had "Ike is going to be replaced by Chrom" talk we had 2 years ago
OR WORSE

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Ah, well, fair enough, I suppose. ^^ But I dod post it just for the sake of posting it, and paction or not, it did not bring much to the discussion, so a apology fits anyways, haha.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
If I re-edited it, I would give Robin a better chance but all these people screaming future cut just scares me as a Robin main

Greninja I'm half and half on. Although I'm giving Lucas a stronger chance depending on what happens with his franchise if Mother 3 finally gets that official translation.
Robin has the weapon durability and is from the game that saved the franchise from death. S/He's going absolutely nowhere else.

Ash is likely getting a Greninja in the anime. When has Ash ever evolved his ****? Hell, people argued Greninja shouldn't have been banned in Smogon due to his popularity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom