• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
@ DMurr DMurr ZSS is very well made.
Nice! It seemed like it. I'm looking forward to getting one, but it may not be until September when they come out here. I'm also excited for when Roy has one made, though I guess that'll possibly be next year.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Is anyone watching CEO here this weekend?

Pretty hype on Melee, Smash 4 and MKX
I am! I actually really excited about the retro tournaments they're having as well. Old man games ftw!

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
pokemon is absolutely incomparable
the oracle games would be sort of similar, or the first two golden sun games
the distinction there, though, is that afaik all of the fates content is on the cart and locked until you pay up for the dlc

^isn't it? i'd think so considering the dump of chapter summaries had everything
Er, no. They were meant to be one game, but limitations split the game. In GS2, you are asked to put in a password from GS1, you get this when beating the game, it saves the characters and puts them back at those levels, as you recruit Isaac and Co. later

Khoru

Smash Champion
Er, no. They were meant to be one game, but limitations split the game. In GS2, you are asked to put in a password from GS1, you get this when beating the game, it saves the characters and puts them back at those levels, as you recruit Isaac and Co. later
i was alluding to that but didn't articulate myself enough
i'm aware of how the connectivity works, don't be condescending
Who is an Assist Trophy.

And dead in Metroid canon.

And would gain derision for being another Samus.
oh is this in the context of smash 4
ok then

ganondorf is dead too though. so's snake, but brawl predated his death by a little bit. and lucas might be dead.

also yeah that last thing is... yeah.
it's absolutely possible for her to be a totally unique character, but people would still call her a clone, like wolf.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Nice! It seemed like it. I'm looking forward to getting one, but it may not be until September when they come out here. I'm also excited for when Roy has one made, though I guess that'll possibly be next year.
I still need to get Ike by the time Roy make's his Amiibo debut. I've got Marth, Robin and Lucina already.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Who is an Assist Trophy.

And dead in Metroid canon.

And would gain derision for being another Samus.
And in Fire Emblem current canon Marth is dead, and child timeline's first Ganondorf is dead in Zelda.

Smash don't care about the series canons they portray. Otherwise we'd never be able to have Mario able to fight Luigi.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I do not get doubles of most Amiibo, but I have doubles of Marth, Little Mac and Villager so far. As a collector, I enjoy having a few in mint condition, simply. ^^ I would not call that being worse than people buying every Rosalina available and selling them for millions.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
And in Fire Emblem current canon Marth is dead, and child timeline's first Ganondorf is dead in Zelda.

Smash don't care about the series canons they portray. Otherwise we'd never be able to have Mario able to fight Luigi.
This is different. Zelda and Fire Emblem canonically have centuries between games. Metroid's got the same Samus
i was alluding to that but didn't articulate myself enough
i'm aware of how the connectivity works, don't be condescending

oh is this in the context of smash 4
ok then

ganondorf is dead too though. so's snake, but brawl predated his death by a little bit. and lucas might be dead.

also yeah that last thing is... yeah.
it's absolutely possible for her to be a totally unique character, but people would still call her a clone, like wolf.
Not everyone here likely knows how GS handled it, I apologize if you felt offended

Khoru

Smash Champion
This is different. Zelda and Fire Emblem canonically have centuries between games. Metroid's got the same Samus
dark samus is a superpowered metroid that took one of samus' suit upgrades, and so her appearance
samus isn't dead in any way

(also no prob)

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

The argument still doesn't work, can't believe I'm doing this, I'm really sorry guys, but I need to do this.

But isn't Ridley also dead in current Metroid canon? And people are asking for him to be playable. So the argument can still be made for Dark Samus.

Damn you guys were right, eventually every Smash argument will somehow get Ridely involved.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
dark samus is a superpowered metroid that took one of samus' suit upgrades, and so her appearance
samus isn't dead in any way

(also no prob)
Dark Samus is dead. Source you ask? The developer who confirmed the ship in Prime 3 was Sylux's ship
The argument still doesn't work, can't believe I'm doing this, I'm really sorry guys, but I need to do this.

But isn't Ridley also dead in current Metroid canon? And people are asking for him to be playable. So the argument can still be made for Dark Samus.

Damn you guys were right, eventually every Smash argument will somehow get Ridely involved.
Dark Samus: Officially confirmed that her story is done
Ridley: Keeps getting put back in games

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
Dark Samus is dead. Source you ask? The developer who confirmed the ship in Prime 3 was Sylux's ship.
i... didn't say dark samus isn't dead
the idea that it was her at the end of prime 3 was dumb
ganondorf has had two explicit, absolute on-screen deaths, though
they'd have to make a lot up to justify him reappearing (not that that would be new for zelda)

the entire mother series is finished. the stories of marth, roy, and ike are finished.

Starlight_Lily

Dark Samus is dead. Source you ask? The developer who confirmed the ship in Prime 3 was Sylux's ship

Dark Samus: Officially confirmed that her story is done
Ridley: Keeps getting put back in games
The argument for Dark Samus' story being still doesn't work. Marth, Ike, Lucina and Roy's stories are also all done, and their still in Smash. Same argument applies to Ness and Lucas, with the story of the Mother series being finished.

Ness and Lucas stories are done because Gygais is dead, and Porky has been permanently dealt with by the end of Mother 3

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
i... didn't say dark samus isn't dead
the idea that it was her at the end of prime 3 was dumb
ganondorf has had two explicit, absolute on-screen deaths, though
they'd have to make a lot up to justify him reappearing (not that that would be new for zelda)

the entire mother series is finished. the stories of marth, roy, and ike are finished.
No one thought that was Dark Samus' ship, I meant both things were confirmed in the same interview
Ganondorf has appeared in 4 games, with more likely on the way
Skyward Sword established that Link's family would always be haunted by a curse with an incarnation of Demise

The characters were added before their games would be considered irrelevant outside of Marth, the first protagonist, and the most reoccuring character back then outside of Anna

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Dark Samus won't be playable (for Smash 4, at least) if only for Assist Trophy status, but @ Khoru Khoru is right, even if people would take Dark Samus as "another Samus" it is in no way actually Samus. And if we took Dark Samus's end of Prime 2 appearance it would be further distinguished from Samus. (That might be too gore-y of an appearance for it to have, though, and admittedly is very unlikely to happen since, unless I'm forgetting something, Dark Samus only appears as such in one encounter.)

I don't even think Dark Samus should be playable, IMO Samus by herself is sort of a huge thing of the Metroid series and no matter how much I love the franchise I think she alone represents the series best. It just frustrates me that what literally is a Metroid imitating Samus's appearance and has exhibited very different abilities on the whole gets dumbed down to "Samus clone." The SA-X is a Samus clone; Dark Samus is its own entity. If Dark Samus were a clone, that would be a developer oversight, not a sincere reflection of the character.

If anybody became playable I still think my idea waaaay back during Brawl's life cycle of Gandrayda as a playable character using her shapeshifting abilities to allow you to change to Rundas and Ghor would be a really fun and interesting thing, but since those characters were all hardly relevant in their own game and Prime 3 is 8 years old now, I don't think that'll ever happen. (We also got rid of all the transformation characters, so I don't think it would happen for that reason alone.)

Soul.

CEO was apparently going to have something big for Smash, but since tourneys and competition aren't "exciting" it's just going to be another tournament.
Like when they announce a normal Direct and suddenly everyone expects Smash info when that really isn't the case.

D

Deleted member

Being dead doesn't mean anything to a character's chance of getting in Smash, I mean, we have Mega Man, Sonic and Pac-man after all.

Real talk tho, Dark Samus is the best choice if Ridley is out of boundaries(and before anything, I'm talking about the next game).
While Mother Brain is way more iconic, she would have the same problems as Ridley.
Also, the "it's just Samus" argument has been dead since Brawl was announced

Khoru

Smash Champion
i just remembered seeing the idea of a generic space pirate character, or perhaps weavel?
that'd be kinda neat. space pirates do a lot.
-clinging to walls (Super)
-jumping and kicking and being ninjas (Super)
-scythes (Prime)
-cloaking (Prime)
-flying (Prime)
-(supposedly) copying samus' weapons (Prime)
-shooting grenades (Echoes)
-that disruption thing that commandos do (Echoes)
-teleportation (Echoes)
-Battlehammer (Hunters)
-Halfturret (Hunters)
-phazon weaponry (Corruption)
-riding giant beasts (Corruption)
-i never played other m

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

No one thought that was Dark Samus' ship, I meant both things were confirmed in the same interview
Ganondorf has appeared in 4 games, with more likely on the way
Skyward Sword established that Link's family would always be haunted by a curse with an incarnation of Demise

The characters were added before their games would be considered irrelevant outside of Marth, the first protagonist, and the most reoccuring character back then outside of Anna
It's not Link's family that is cursed by Demise it's Zelda's. How the curse applies to Link is that Demise curse the bloodline of the Goddes Hylia and the Spirit of the Hero

Yeah this argument doesn't work for Ness, he was added after his part of the Mother series was over, and has stuck around since.

Also if say that they did want to bring back Dark Samus back from the dead, I'm pretty sure Nintendo would just come up with some science fiction answer that let the Space pirates bring her back. Just like how the Zelda series has had ways of explaining how they could bring back Ganon/Ganondorf other then through reincarnation.

D

Deleted member

Being dead doesn't mean anything to a character's chance of getting in Smash, I mean, we have Mega Man, Sonic and Pac-man after all.
To be fair, Sonic and Pac-Man still get new games to this day and Capcom recently hired a new director for the Mega Man series if I'm not mistaken producer. The whole "Capcom is intentionally killing Mega Man" theory stemmed from fans jumping to conclusions after a few of his games were cancelled.

Last edited by a moderator:

Starlight_Lily

Nook finally getting some action!
Can we use this as an argument to get a Pokemon amie like feature in the next main series Animal Crossing game, please?

I means cause who here wouldn't love to be able to pet their villagers?
To be fair, Sonic and Pac-Man still get new games to this day and Capcom recently hired a new director for the Mega Man series if I'm not mistaken. The whole "Capcom is intentionally killing Mega Man" theory stemmed from fans jumping to conclusions after a few of his games were cancelled.
Well I can't really blame Megaman fans for thinking Capcom was trying to kill Megaman, with the way they seemed to have been treating his creator before he left.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
It's not Link's family that is cursed by Demise it's Zelda's. How the curse applies to Link is that Demise curse the bloodline of the Goddes Hylia and the Spirit of the Hero

Yeah this argument doesn't work for Ness, he was added after his part of the Mother series was over, and has stuck around since.

Also if say that they did want to bring back Dark Samus back from the dead, I'm pretty sure Nintendo would just come up with some science fiction answer that let the Space pirates bring her back. Just like how the Zelda series has had ways of explaining how they could bring back Ganon/Ganondorf other then through reincarnation.
Well excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me princess! I'm not the biggest Zelda nut, point is, Link's bloodline is cursed
Mother 2 was met with praise and Ness was kind of a retro rep
Space Pirates: Organization
Dark Samus: One entity

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so people have already started hacking fire emblem fates and gotten the dlc

(its on nintendos servers so like how they got the ryu and roy stuff they got this too)

needless to say theres a beach dlc

D

Deleted member

To be fair, Sonic and Pac-Man still get new games to this day and Capcom recently hired a new director for the Mega Man series if I'm not mistaken. The whole "Capcom is intentionally killing Mega Man" theory stemmed from fans jumping to conclusions after a few of his games were cancelled.
They didn't hire a new director for Mega Man, they hired a new producer which isn't the same thing. I am not holding my breath for a great new game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Starlight_Lily

Well excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me princess! I'm not the biggest Zelda nut, point is, Link's bloodline is cursed
Mother 2 was met with praise and Ness was kind of a retro rep
Space Pirates: Organization
Dark Samus: One entity
No Link's bloodline isn't cursed, the spirit of the Hero is. Its how the curse is still able to apply to all Link's in the downfall timeline and child timeline. Bloodline refers to people who are related weather it be distantly or closely blood related.

My main point is because in Metroid canon Space Pirates are known to mess with **** their not supposed to. Nintendo could easily have it, that some Space Pirate scientist try to bring her back, even though doing so is a stupid idea for them. And from what I remember Space Pirate Scientists are known for pursing ideas that are complete failures until it literally blows up their ship.

Chrono.

I think Capcom did the right thing in terms of putting the blue bomber to rest just till they figure what direction they were going to go with him.

...Of course cancelling EVERY game and then ****ting on their fans was not the right way to go about it at all.

I see a LoZ lore debate and im just waiting for vaan to appear and open up a can of lore based whoop-ass

Do people still say that?

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
...Of course cancelling EVERY game and then ****ting on their fans was not the right way to go about it at all.
I think the fans bit was less Capcom and more really bad PR.
Kinda like what Warner Bros. got into a couple days ago.

I see a LoZ lore debate and im just waiting for vaan to appear and open up a can of lore based whoop-***

Do people still say that?
I just look at the lore like a spider web full of "X saves Y from Z".
It saves a lot of sanity.

Last edited:
Offtopic but the supreme court ruled on favor of gay marriage. Today is a good day.

Back on topic of smash.
Now this is fully hypothetical but what do you guys think will happen if we do in fact have a new director next smash?
Is it possible the new guy will have a completely different idealogy maybe focusing more on newcomers than bringing vets back. Less focus on moveset?Etc etc.

Its entirety possible smash 5'ss speculation will be completely different and i find that neat.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Offtopic but the supreme court ruled on favor of gay marriage. Today is a good day.

Back on topic of smash.
Now this is fully hypothetical but what do you guys think will happen if we do in fact have a new director next smash?
Is it possible the new guy will have a completely different idealogy maybe focusing more on newcomers than bringing vets back. Less focus on moveset?Etc etc.

Its entirety possible smash 5'ss speculation will be completely different and i find that neat.
Glorious day for the LGBT
I don't think we'll get someone exactly like Sakurai, they will have bias, they will look at characters differently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom