• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I swear, we're going to have Robin discussions in 5 years how we had "Ike is going to be replaced by Chrom" talk we had 2 years ago
OR WORSE
Well maybe if :4feroy: didn't get cut in Brawl then no one would have this problem. Same reason some people thought :4lucario: was gonna get replaced because some people thought he replaced :4mewtwo:.

Robin has the weapon durability and is from the game that saved the franchise from death. S/He's going absolutely nowhere else.

Ash is likely getting a Greninja in the anime. When has Ash ever evolved his ****? Hell, people argued Greninja shouldn't have been banned in Smogon due to his popularity
True that. I got better faith for Robin due to his moveset and what he is to the series while Greninja has a big shot but I won't hold my breath because Pokemon don't last as well as it should.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Robin has the weapon durability and is from the game that saved the franchise from death. S/He's going absolutely nowhere else.

Ash is likely getting a Greninja in the anime. When has Ash ever evolved his ****? Hell, people argued Greninja shouldn't have been banned in Smogon due to his popularity
You mean the weapon durability they removed for the new games? :awesome:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Wii Fit Trainer is pretty safe. She's unique, isn't resource heavy, and her game makes mega bucks for Nintendo and probably will get a new installment on NX.

Bowser Jr should really be in 100 percent chance. There's no way someone of his stature in his series is disappearing.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Wii Fit Trainer 100% staying?

:joyful:

You're joking, right?
She has the best chance than most characters, plus she's well liked and fits the game now, can't get rid of a fun character or was you that guy who thought :4rob: would go

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Wii Fit Trainer 100% staying?

:joyful:

You're joking, right?
Instead of laughing at the post, why don't you instead give us a detailed reason why you think she has a chance of getting cut?

Because as far as I am concerned, they don't typically cut unique characters outside of third parties/technical issues. In fact, why cut out a character who STRONGLY represents a very successful era?

Yeah, she is 100% staying, just as ROB is.

EDIT: okay there was an unique first party veteran who was cut, which was Mewtwo, but then again if what that guy said is true (which is likely), then yes, Mewtwo was cut due to technical issues (and shifting focus to other stuff).

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Wii Fit Trainer is the only newcomer who took on a new life because of Smash this time too.

There are people who will never touch Wii Fit in their life, who love her.

Even my friends who don't play games find her to be the most genius inclusion in Smash Brothers, because she's the perfect icon of ''Wow, really?!"

She's staying. I'd even go say far to say she's the Nintendo newcomer who made the most impact this go around.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
wiifit trainer is the new captian falcon if anything shes going to be buffed in the next smash

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Wii Fit Trainer is the only newcomer who took on a new life because of Smash this time too.

There are people who will never touch Wii Fit in their life, who love her.

Even my friends who don't play games find her to be the most genius inclusion in Smash Brothers, because she's the perfect icon of ''Wow, really?!"

She's staying. I'd even go say far to say she's the Nintendo newcomer who made the most impact this go around.
Yes, definitely. I would definitely agree to that actually. Most of Smash 4's buzz
came from Mega Man and Pac-Man. For better or worse Wii Fit Trainer got a similar level of attention because she's so out there.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Wii Fit Trainer is the "out there" character that people never knew made complete sense.

Khoru

Smash Champion
i just finished the jjba anime
man

anyway honestly
the gameplay of nohr seems solid. i... can't say the same for hoshido.
and hoshido has a better cast by far and is the game in which i can actually marry a girl.
so...... nah.
feif has its merits but the fanservice has gone way too far

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
i just finished the jjba anime
man

anyway honestly
the gameplay of nohr seems solid. i... can't say the same for hoshido.
and hoshido has a better cast by far and is the game in which i can actually marry a girl.
so...... nah.
feif has its merits but the fanservice has gone way too far
Jojo? That finished? I still need to watch that past th fifth episode

Fanservice seems to be an issue, but at least it's optional

Khoru

Smash Champion
Jojo? That finished? I still need to watch that past th fifth episode

Fanservice seems to be an issue, but at least it's optional
yeah, part 3 finished a week ago
there hasn't been any announcement on adaptations of the remaining parts

to me, just it being there is an issue, regardless of whether it's obligatory
that's just me though

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Got my Palutena and Zamus amiibo in the post and bizzarley the shop's stock of amiibo wasn't copletely sold out when we got there so my brother picked up Ganondorf as well.

Though considering Palutena is a Goddess... does her amiibo count as a graven image?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
yeah, part 3 finished a week ago
there hasn't been any announcement on adaptations of the remaining parts

to me, just it being there is an issue, regardless of whether it's obligatory
that's just me though
Should watch it again

I dislike it a bit due to me feeling bad, but I like women too, so eh. We at least get to strip the boys too! Take that, pervs! We get to be pervy too!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Of the Characters cut in Brawl, three were related to limitations of the 3DS (Squirtle, Ivysaur, Ice Climbers) one was Licencing (Snake, Snake, SNAAAAAAAKE) and only two were cut for being low priority (Wolf, Lucas)

The only ones I'd fear for are third parties, the clone trio and DLCs.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
OK, there is a guy who spammed the Bandana Dee thread with Geno comments and he thinks Geno is really likely thanks to his "huge" popularity.

He thinks I'm biased against Geno because I said he is not likely.

Can you please explain Geno's situation?
Seriously, do you guys really think Geno is likely/unlikely? Why?

Someone? @Burb ? :troll:
Be honest, please.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
OK, there is a guy who spammed the Bandana Dee thread with Geno comments and he thinks Geno is really likely thanks to his "huge" popularity.

He thinks I'm biased against Geno because I said he is not likely.

Can you please explain Geno's situation?
Seriously, do you guys really think Geno is likely/unlikely? Why?

Someone? @Burb ? :troll:
Be honest, please.
Not that popular anymore and owned by a company that's stupidly stingy with their IP

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
The only characters I wouldn't personally miss are Miis, because I never see them. Everyone else I get personal pleasure out of, whether it's using them or fighting them.
I personally think every character on the roster adds something of value. I believe that, if anything, Miis are likely to be expanded upon in future Smash games. I would like to see Nintendo refine their avatar system a bit with the NX though. I don't like that all my created Smash character have giant heads.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I just saw your avi. Thank you for reminding me that this masterpiece of a show exists
Haha, you're welcome. I'm absolutely in love with Scrubs, glad to find another fan. :)

Khoru

Smash Champion
if anything, the miis should be made to be more competent fighters
it really says a lot that swordfighter is almost universally agreed to be the worst character in the game

(also fix palutena plsthx)

oh my god i only just noticed that the site's banner is rainbow-colored

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
if anything, the miis should be made to be more competent fighters
it really says a lot that swordfighter is almost universally agreed to be the worst character in the game

(also fix palutena plsthx)

oh my god i only just noticed that the site's banner is rainbow-colored
Sword Fighter just got some buffs this last patch and isn't AS terrible. On a related note, all these balance patches are making it hard for tiers to become a thing, lol.

I think one more Mii class (Mage?) and at least one more custom move per move direction per Mii type should be added. I still can't believe Brawler doesn't have some sort of fire ball special.

Also, for the love of everything that is holy, PLEASE let us change the color of the Mii in Smash. Having to exit Smash to edit a Mii's color is not good game design.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Do you guys think that the DLC characters in Smash 4 will have lower priority than the initial roster of characters in the next game?

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I can see the Miis getting a do over or something. They're in a special situation where they can easily be removed or replaced depending how Nintendo is going to do avatar characters in their next system. If Miis are kept for the next systems, I wonder if they will redo the whole Mii Fighters thing, like perhaps refining their stuff more?

Mii Fighters aside... We have 48 initial characters on the roster. Excluding the 3 clones and the 3 initial third parties, that's 42. I think those 42 is a lock. But then again, Sonic is extremely likely to return, so that may make it a 43.

Quick bonus clones are an afterthought and are sometimes treated as such the next game. Then we have third parties with potential licensing issues or if they are just gonna be treated as a guest character (as the case is with Snake). And there is seemingly no characters who may present any sort of technical issues, as only the 3DS was what had the issue to begin with (such as having to cut Pokemon Trainer, split the 2-in-1 characters and Ice Climbers). With that said though, I do think the clones and the third parties have very good chances of returning. Especially for Pac Man if Namco decides to help again. Mega Man I am slightly concerned about, but Sakurai likely sees him as far more valuable addition than Snake.

Then... there's DLC characters, I hope that Lucas, Roy and Mewtwo have a great shot at returning to the next Smash Bros's initial roster. It'd be far more wise if they aren't DLC again to avoid pissing off fans having to pay for them again. Honestly though, DLC is a new concept for Smash Bros, so it is exactly hard to guess how good of a chance they have for the initial roster...

Ice Climbers may be difficult to come back initially given by the time Smash Bros 5 is in development, Brawl's data would be already too outdated (similar to how they couldn't just bring back Melee content in SSB4 so easily). I think they have a better shot as DLC than getting in the initial roster due to priority.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Reggie bringing the salt! I thought he said "no Johns". That was painful, but Reggie's jab at the end was worse. The guy didn't beat him because he's good at Smash, Reggie lost because he doesn't know how to play.
Reggie failed to watch the How to Play videos from Alpharad and the How to Play from Smash. Reggie also thinks Federation Force was a good idea

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Sword Fighter just got some buffs this last patch and isn't AS terrible. On a related note, all these balance patches are making it hard for tiers to become a thing, lol.

I think one more Mii class (Mage?) and at least one more custom move per move direction per Mii type should be added. I still can't believe Brawler doesn't have some sort of fire ball special.

Also, for the love of everything that is holy, PLEASE let us change the color of the Mii in Smash. Having to exit Smash to edit a Mii's color is not good game design.
Having to exit in general to edit a Mii is not good design.
One of the biggest turn offs for Mii Fighters for me honestly. I have to constantly switch programs to tweak them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom