• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khoru

Smash Champion
Sword Fighter just got some buffs this last patch and isn't AS terrible. On a related note, all these balance patches are making it hard for tiers to become a thing, lol.
oh yeah, i was speaking in general terms. tiers are so inconsistent that there have been... what, like ten characters now that have been at the top?
(solution: make everything like brawl-)

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
OK, there is a guy who spammed the Bandana Dee thread with Geno comments and he thinks Geno is really likely thanks to his "huge" popularity.

He thinks I'm biased against Geno because I said he is not likely.

Can you please explain Geno's situation?
Seriously, do you guys really think Geno is likely/unlikely? Why?

Someone? @Burb ? :troll:
Be honest, please.
He was all over the Rate Their Chances thread and Character Discussion thread

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I personally think every character on the roster adds something of value. I believe that, if anything, Miis are likely to be expanded upon in future Smash games. I would like to see Nintendo refine their avatar system a bit with the NX though. I don't like that all my created Smash character have giant heads.
Miis were the one thing I was really hoping I was wrong about pre-Smash 4. I knew they were coming, but I prayed they weren't because I HATE avatars.

The Mii Fighter costumes aren't supposed to be of those characters, they're supposed to be your Mii, dressed as those characters. So Heihachi isn't in the game, but you can dress as him.

I just think that in a game that has many of the greatest characters to grace any kind of media (not just video games); Mario, DK, Link, Pikachu, Ryu, Sonic, Pac-Man etc, why would I want to play as little custom men (or women)?

If I had been implementing Mii's myself, I would have given them a bogstandard moveset (with customs like other characters got), allow you to customize their face/hair/costume etc but they'd just be called "Mii", and they'd be usable in all modes. No 3 moveset sillyness, make it what is essentially the "Mii" of Smash Bros.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Miis are something that just adds an extra layer of fun. Where else can I play as Miyamoto duking it out against Iwata and Reggie?

D

Deleted member

Miis are the only way for me to make Roy Mustang jokes and play as Wonde-Red.
I hope they add a spellcaster in the next game, this is something I would like to see a lot

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Reggie bringing the salt! I thought he said "no Johns". That was painful, but Reggie's jab at the end was worse. The guy didn't beat him because he's good at Smash, Reggie lost because he doesn't know how to play.
To be fair, HBox is quite good, I think he won based of both reasons. But yeah that was a great burn at the end haha.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
She has the best chance than most characters, plus she's well liked and fits the game now, can't get rid of a fun character or was you that guy who thought :4rob: would go
Instead of laughing at the post, why don't you instead give us a detailed reason why you think she has a chance of getting cut?
I don't hate :4wiifit: or :4rob:, nor do I think they'll be cut in the next Smash. I actually think all the unique characters will return in Smash 5.

I just find it funny how that entire list was set up, with characters who were highly requested to return in Smash 4 have a chance of getting cut again.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Miis were the one thing I was really hoping I was wrong about pre-Smash 4. I knew they were coming, but I prayed they weren't because I HATE avatars.

The Mii Fighter costumes aren't supposed to be of those characters, they're supposed to be your Mii, dressed as those characters. So Heihachi isn't in the game, but you can dress as him.

I just think that in a game that has many of the greatest characters to grace any kind of media (not just video games); Mario, DK, Link, Pikachu, Ryu, Sonic, Pac-Man etc, why would I want to play as little custom men (or women)?

If I had been implementing Mii's myself, I would have given them a bogstandard moveset (with customs like other characters got), allow you to customize their face/hair/costume etc but they'd just be called "Mii", and they'd be usable in all modes. No 3 moveset sillyness, make it what is essentially the "Mii" of Smash Bros.
To each their own, I suppose, but I'm a big fan of user created content in games. I love being able to do what we do with the Miis.

Naoshi

Miis are very customizable by nature. I feel giving them such a standard moveset and not much variety for customs would be not only a dull and lacking way for their inclusion, but also misses the point of their existance. What is the point of Miis if they aren't going to utilized in such a creative way? If anything, they should have made them even more customizable than they already are, they feel a bit too limiting for my likings.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Eh, I'm a bit iffy on user content.
Not in general (Hell, I'd love a Mugen for Platform Fighters), but mostly because of what Smash is.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Miis were an awesome inclusion.

I love creating my own little characters and versions of characters who won't get into Smash.

Still mad Ryu didn't come with a Chun Li Mii Fighter outfit for my Chun Li Brawler. :(

Chrono.

For the next game, one or 2 more Mii classes wouldn't hurt.

I'm thinking Mii Wizard.

Khoru

Smash Champion
street fighter content in smash was really a missed opportunity
like... three versions each of ryu and ken's themes and a trophy of ken
i kinda hope he gets in smash 5 just to bolster that

I honestly really didnt want miis either but i knew they were shoo-ins. I just dont care for playing pretend when i would rather play the actual character. I can make a viridi mii but it plays and acts nothing like viridi and there is no way for me to make any connection. Plus the swordfighter is the only one who actually has interesting moves but unfortunately he wound up being terrible anyway :/

The fact that they arent available online is easily one of my biggest problems with them regardless. Why use all that dev time on heavily gomped characters. There were so many workarounds its annoying they didnt use any of them.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Here's a dumb idea I just have to get out there. What if Capcom and Nintendo temaed up to make a Smash Fighter game where the whole Cast of Street Fighter is converted Ryu style to the Smash format? They'd need to replace the Smash Balls with some kind of Lil'Mac style meter and a few other changes.

What do you think?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Here's a dumb idea I just have to get out there. What if Capcom and Nintendo temaed up to make a Smash Fighter game where the whole Cast of Street Fighter is converted Ryu style to the Smash format? They'd need to replace the Smash Balls with some kind of Lil'Mac style meter and a few other changes.

What do you think?
Nintendo vs Capcom

Chrono.

What do you think?
Seems like a decent idea for a spinoff series

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
hey @ TheAnvil TheAnvil , do you still have that roster for NvC you made sitting around?
I don't remember making a roster for NvC. I did a Capcom All-Stars roster though.

I could do a NvC roster tomorrow though if you like.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Anyone else find it werid how every thrid party has an assist trophy but Ryu.I understand why he doesn't but just odd

Khoru

Smash Champion
I don't remember making a roster for NvC. I did a Capcom All-Stars roster though.

I could do a NvC roster tomorrow though if you like.
oh that must've been what i was thinking of
oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I guess items don't get any kind of DLC.
I thought for sure that we would see ATs as DLC. I'm still a bit upset over the fact that we won't have version exclusive stages. It feels like the Wii U stage DLC will be held back by what the 3DS is able to handle.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Mii Sportstman would make Waluigi and Daisy fans cry havoc and run in fear.

A lot of what they'd bring to the table as Mario Sports spin-off reps would be completely decimated.

Naoshi

I thought for sure that we would see ATs as DLC. I'm still a bit upset over the fact that we won't have version exclusive stages. It feels like the Wii U stage DLC will be held back by what the 3DS is able to handle.
They haven't exactly confirmed 3DS versions of Hyrule Castle and Peach's Castle yet did they? Then again, your scenario is way more likely...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom