• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I'm so sad, I want Yoshi's Wooly World so badly but it's not in NA yet. Why Nintendo? Also could Poochie be a pre-ballot character?:awesome:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
It doesn't take clairvoyance to know Geno will never be playable in Smash.

It takes an ounce of common sense and critical thinking.
the character thats will NEVER be in smash are:
- non video game characters
- a characters that didnt appear in nintendo console
- a character that didnt make any important role from its game
- a character that sakurai hates (unless if he change his mind)
stop trying to say having Geno will be impossible for smash because it's not impossible

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
If you guys wanted to read the full Heihachi comments that I mentioned before, read here. It's also the older Pac-Man Famitsu column that was translated by @Aeris a while back (The Heihachi comments are in the reflection part).

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Sakurai would have given Heihachi his fundoshi costume.

In other words we could have gotten an old man in a diaper.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Do you guys think a gamepad less sku for wii u would be a good idea?

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Well, this has nothing to do with Ballot Characters or Waifus, but Nintendo seems to be having extended maintenance from Sunday Night all the way to Monday morning for Wii U / 3DS. This might not be worth anything, but usually System Updates are released afterwards. Which means more features sometimes even though most of them are
I'm just hope that Nintendo pulls out at least more features for the Wii U before they pull their attention onto something else. There are tons of things they could potentially do with it. PS1 Support anyone? :troll:
Sources: (http://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/3b6pjw/nintendo_network_maintenance_occurring_this/)
(http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/network/en_na/network_status.jsp)
Schedule:
From Sunday, June 28, 2015 6:00 PM
- Monday, June 29, 2015 4:00 AM Pacific Time
During the maintenance window, the following services may be unavailable.
  • Wii U
    • - Online Play, Rankings, etc.
  • Nintendo 3DS
    • - Online Play, Rankings, etc.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

That was the interviewer who suggested that :p. Sakurai just said it would cause issues with the ratings board (again)!

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

His Mii Fighter Costume is of the younger Heihachi, so I wouldn't have any reason to believe it would be the old one if Sakurai had in fact chosen him for Smash.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
If you guys wanted to read the full Heihachi comments that I mentioned before, read here. It's also the older Pac-Man Famitsu column that was translated by @Aeris a while back (The Heihachi comments are in the reflection part).
Wasn't that the article where Sakurai said it was Miamoto's idea to include Pac-Man? Also one part specifically says he considered ''that'' design, you all know exactly what I'm talking about. Heihachi though, I've had a fun time playing as his Mii. I do wonder though why he wasn't DLC.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
That was the interviewer who suggested that :p. Sakurai just said it would cause issues with the ratings board (again)!
Gee what could possibly go wrong when you have an old guy in a diaper playable:smirk: Rated B for
BLREAEAEAEAEAE:sick: Hey @ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei you should rename the thread title to the Nintenzone social thread: Old guys in diapers in smash edition:troll:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Just got three Little Macs and my second Villager (not a scalper or so. I have a great explonation if anyone cares!), and to my luck, the Villager is of the new print with the smaller eyes. So, I have both now! Yay~

But, question. Is it normal for the Mario series Mario to arrive with no manual at the bottom? Mine is sealed, but there is no manual there like with the other characters.

Does that mean this Mario is super valuable?!

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
An article to clear up some misinformation about Sakurai's books, and newest Famitsu translation. It's also my semi-sequel to "The End of Smash DLC".

Gee what could possibly go wrong when you have an old guy in a diaper playable:smirk: Rated B for
BLREAEAEAEAEAE:sick: Hey @ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei you should rename the thread title to the Nintenzone social thread: Old guys in diapers in smash edition:troll:
I wonder if he got in trouble for Shulk/ ZSS and that's why he said again. :p

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Just got three Little Macs and my second Villager (not a scalper or so. I have a great explonation if anyone cares!), and to my luck, the Villager is of the new print with the smaller eyes. So, I have both now! Yay~

But, question. Is it normal for the Mario series Mario to arrive with no manual at the bottom? Mine is sealed, but there is no manual there like with the other characters.

I doubt it's super valuable tbh, it's not a really unusual factory error like Samus with 2 guns.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Is anyone watching CEO here this weekend?

Pretty hype on Melee, Smash 4 and MKX

Mind lending that Little Mac to a friend

Wasn't that the article where Sakurai said it was Miamoto's idea to include Pac-Man? Also one part specifically says he considered ''that'' design, you all know exactly what I'm talking about. Heihachi though, I've had a fun time playing as his Mii. I do wonder though why he wasn't DLC.
My guess is probably that they wanted Ryu as the one and only fighting game rep. But that's just my opinion.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
@ Champ Gold Champ Gold
But I literally have no friends.

I doubt it's super valuable tbh, it's not a really unusual factory error like Samus with 2 guns.
True, it's like I suspected. But you never know. The weirdest things makes Amiibo valuable. So... I dare open mine without regretting losing millions later?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
@ Champ Gold Champ Gold
But I literally have no friends.

True, it's like I suspected. But you never know. The weirdest things makes Amiibo valuable. So... I dare open mine without regretting losing millions later?
I'll be your friend, just help me out on that Mac, m8. I welcome new friends

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
But... that's not being friends. That's being lovers. I'll gladly be your lover! :3
I'm not ready for a legit commitment, I still make minimum wage and not been in school for a while. Besides, I don't think you can hane all this Embarrass

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.

You are not a scalper.
I have the following doubles:
:4ness::4ness::4falcon::4falcon::4pikachu::4pikachu::4yoshi::4yoshi::4kirby::4kirby::4fox::4fox::4marth::4marth::4wiifit::4wiifit::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4megaman::4megaman::4sonic::4sonic::4pacman::4pacman::4metaknight::4metaknight::4tlink::4tlink: and of course when he's out:
:4lucas::4lucas:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I'm not ready for a legit commitment, I still make minimum wage and not been in school for a while. Besides, I don't think you can hane all this Embarrass
But I have a army of Little Macs + every Amiibo released. Tempting, isn't it? ~ *pets mint condition Mac*

Also, I got both types of Villagers now. Though I can't bring myself to open it.

@ DoodleDuck97 DoodleDuck97
Thank you kindly. :3 Agreed. There is nothing wrong with 3 Little Mac's, and- wait, you have FOUR Villagers? ! Scalper!

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
But I have a army of Little Macs + every Amiibo released. Tempting, isn't it? ~ *pets mint condition Mac*

Also, I got both types of Villagers now. Though I can't bring myself to open it.

@ DoodleDuck97 DoodleDuck97
Thank you kindly. :3 Agreed. There is nothing wrong with 3 Little Mac's, and- wait, you have FOUR Villagers? ! Scalper!
Four yes.
But one resides as :lucas:
Because I did it as a custom because he got the boot :awesome:
@ DMurr DMurr
Customs, Probably gonna give one to my cousin or a friend perhaps.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
the character thats will NEVER be in smash are:
- non video game characters
- a characters that didnt appear in nintendo console
- a character that didnt make any important role from its game
- a character that sakurai hates (unless if he change his mind)
stop trying to say having Geno will be impossible for smash because it's not impossible
Whatever you say, dood.

Ugh someone confirm that the "big Smash bros announcement" is nothing exciting so there's no disappointment.
What "big announcement"?

I haven't heard anything about a Direct or any similar type of stream, and that's where these announcements typically happen.

If it's some gaming tournament or non-E3 convention, it's not gonna be anything exciting. It never is.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You are not a scalper.
I have the following doubles:
:4ness::4ness::4falcon::4falcon::4pikachu::4pikachu::4yoshi::4yoshi::4kirby::4kirby::4fox::4fox::4marth::4marth::4wiifit::4wiifit::4villager::4villager::4villager::4villager::4megaman::4megaman::4sonic::4sonic::4pacman::4pacman::4metaknight::4metaknight::4tlink::4tlink: and of course when he's out:
:4lucas::4lucas:
What's even the point of having doubles?
You guys complain about scalpers but this is even worse: you don't get anything out of it and there isn't even an option for others to buy it(even if at an absurd price)

Burb

The Absolute Worst
You guys complain about scalpers but this is even worse: you don't get anything out of it and there isn't even an option for others to buy it(even if at an absurd price)
Customization.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I have duplicates of :4pit::4myfriends::4lucina::4shulk::4littlemac:
I was also tentatively planning getting a duplicate of :4palutena:, but I don't need it. I bought those to keep in boxes because they're my favorites. Otherwise I only have one of each.

On a different note, I did notice that they have upped the quality, even on the old ones. I saw a Link in the store yesterday that's face looks considerably better than the one I bought when they first came out.
The ones I'm most impressed with so far are :4tlink::4robinm::4lucina::4shulk::4sheik::4wario:. The detail is great and Toon Link especially is spot on to character. :4zss: looks really good in the pictures so far (I haven't gotten one yet though).
:4zelda: easily looks the worst, IMO. :ohwell:

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Which is a good thing as far as i'm concerned. Metroid needs more recurring characters that aren't Ridley and Mother Brain...
Mother Brain couldn't be a fighter anyway...and that's not counting it's Assist Trophy status.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Dude Scalpers are the ass holes who buy like 50+ to sell at stupidly high prices. @ DoodleDuck97 DoodleDuck97 bought his to make awesome customize

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
The ballot isn't even half way through. It's been up for under 3 months, and it has 4 months left.
I'm aware, but all I'm saying is that's enough time to see trends. And since this is just a poll of interest and not a "most voted character gets in" scenario, that's all they really need to begin the 1st poll character. The second or last poll character can reasonably begin production when the pol actually ends.

I'm actually kind of dreading it being over, because that's the end of character speculation for years. And speculating characters is fun.
Then we'll just speculate about other games and the inevitable Smash NX. Speculation never truly ends....it just changes location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom