• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Screw it, no one's asking for it so I am.

image.jpg

Metal Slug for Smash

Chrono.

Fire Emblem Fates talk, possibly minor spoilers here

I really wonder what's gonna go on with the localization of Fates. I feel like NoA's got 2 options here
  • Either they leave the games as is and call it a day (maybe even slap an M rating but I doubt it), thus alienating all those who are displeased at the new direction FE has been going or...
  • They censor the games to hell and back, thus alienating those are against censorship and don't want "an incomplete game"
I feel like NoA are in a bit of a pickle here

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Or.....

Or.....

And hear me out.

We cancel the travesty before it infects us all.

Burn it.

Burn every copy and start over.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Fire Emblem Fates talk, possibly minor spoilers here

I really wonder what's gonna go on with the localization of Fates. I feel like NoA's got 2 options here
  • Either they leave the games as is and call it a day (maybe even slap an M rating but I doubt it), thus alienating all those who are displeased at the new direction FE has been going or...
  • They censor the games to hell and back, thus alienating those are against censorship and don't want "an incomplete game"
I feel like NoA are in a bit of a pickle here
The previous games had incest and stuff. If got a B rating in Japan iirc, that's 12+. If (huehue) they are willing to go "GAY MARRIAGE IS A THING PLEASE STOP HITTING US ABOUT TOMODACHI LIFE" I doubt a lot will get censored

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Because I've actually taken the steps to avoid spoilers (read:not aimlessly clicking spoiler tabs) I have no idea what people are talking about when people say the new Fire Emblem will be rated M.
Is there a relatively spoiler-free way to tell me why people are saying this?

Ivander

Smash Legend
Because I've actually taken the steps to avoid spoilers (read:not aimlessly clicking spoiler tabs) I have no idea what people are talking about when people say the new Fire Emblem will be rated M.
Is there a relatively spoiler-free way to tell me why people are saying this?
Good luck.
The game might even get an M rating
Well, in Japan, it got a rating between T and M. I would say it's a possible 50/50 chance depending on how NoA plays it's cards.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm just no longer excited to play it when it sounds less and less like a FE game the more that's revealed.

I'm literally expecting Ashton Kutcher to be in the end cinematic at this point.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm just no longer excited to play it when it sounds less and less like a FE game the more that's revealed.

I'm literally expecting Ashton Kutcher to be in the end cinematic at this point.
What part are you talking about in particular?

The dark themes?

That's always been there. Even in Awakening.

The incest?

FE has also been there.

Gay marriage?

Lol. Probably not bothering you.

Fanservice?

Won't kill the game.

What about it is Un-FE like?

Ivander

Smash Legend
I'm anxious for Fire Emblem: Fates to come out.
Partially because I'm excited for the game.
But mostly so nobody can ****ing spoil it for me.
You honestly don't want to stay here then. You've got a long way to go before it comes out of Japan. It honestly doesn't help that stuff that wasn't supposed to be shown ended up getting leaked.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It's not necessarily the dark themes. Dark themes have never chased me off from something.

The incest does bug me though, keep in mind Awakening's my only experience with the series outside of what I've heard about the series prior installments through friends, you guys, and my own research.

And until this whole issue with Fates came up? I'd not heard of their being much of that theme in the series.

The fan service is the biggest put off. Especially when it's uncomfortable fan service.

The kind that often turns me off a lot of animes.

It's just feeling more like a game that's about mindless pandering and not about making a good game or Fire Emblem.

Just so strange after the series was just saved to go where this one is going.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Who ever says "Nintendo makes games for kids" nowadays?
Everybody and everyone.

I like to think of it as them being universal, but most people see Mario or Pokemon and think ''Childish."

It also comes from a lot of people start off with Nintendo as a kid and then leave it for the more perceived "grown up" systems, so they think just because they played it most as a child, that therefore Nintendo is a childish company.

Ivander

Smash Legend
But...I have nowhere else to go...

You don't want to end up like this poor kitty, who has seen things. Trust me. Stuff that was never supposed to be shown or known right now has been leaked. The number of Fates spoilers you have to avoid is much worse than before. And trust me, I have already seen people neglect using the Spoiler tab for some of the worst ones.

Khoru

Smash Champion
yeah like
stuff that was supposed to be dlc for fates, including the entire third route, has been leaked

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Seems like we've had very different experiences with Isaac supporters, then.

The ones I've seen over on GameFAQs before Smash 4 came out were bitter as hell and went out of their way to crap on Xenoblade fans.
I remember a couple of vocal Isaac supporters being bitter about Xenoblade but the fandom as a whole seemed relatively quiet.
As someone that spent A LOT of time in the original Shulk support thread, I can confirm that the hate from the Isaac camp was real. In all fairness, Shulk did hurt Isaac's casual support a bit as people throwing together prediction rosters would usually include either Shulk OR Isaac to fill the "blonde JRPG protagonist" spot.

It was kind of silly as the characters are very different, and honestly, about 70% of Shulk supporters tended to also be fans of Golden Sun anyway.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Who ever says "Nintendo makes games for kids" nowadays?
I keep thinking that line is dead too, but somehow it keeps crawling back out of its grave every generation...

Honestly, it's so exhausting reliving the exact same video game debates I've been hearing for the last ten years of my life again and again, but I guess part of that is karma since I used to be one of the "Stupid casuals ruin everything!! Nintendo doesn't appeal enough to the hardcore!!" crowd that I'm now so frustrated with.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Nintendo is having their shareholders meeting right now and doing their Q&A session.

Here some things you guys might want to know

New 3DS are selling like crazy in Japan but the normal 3DS sales are dropping

The NFC adapter for Normal 3DS/3DS XL and 2DS will be releasing soon.

Mario Kart 8 at 5.11m, Smash Wii U at 3.65m. Wii U HW 2.88m.

Also expect some information on the Theme Park deal with Universal and the possible movie deals as well. Plus we might get some more info on their mobile situation
I need Smash Wii U to crawl it's way past 5.5 million so that it's not the worst selling Smash game. Made some bets with some people.

Come on Smash Wii U!

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
said it once and i'll say it again.Gameplay wise it's still fire emblem.It plays just like awakening which was a fantastic game and i have 0 zero doubts that this game wont be as good if not better than that game.Fanservice really isn't a huge probelm we all of have seen worst.I like to remind you guys that is "tame" compared to what we get in other games(GTA,Dead or Alive, or DMC just to name a few).I mean they so many neat features.Gay marriage,Buliding your own town,a deeper stroy than awakening,Possibly new classes.If people are gonna let a few things like petting or incest(while disgusting can be avoided if you know......You don't marry the brother and sister). than i dont know what to say. IMO the bigger problem should be that if we want the whole story or both sides of the story we have to buy two games.That's so un-nintendo like i'm disgusted and should be the bigger problem what problem are really compliaing about

Last edited by a moderator:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I used to have a lot of reoccurring dreams where I would hook up with my sister.

Of course I don't actually have a sister, so I think it's just reflective of the fact that I'm really into myself.

What? We've all got issues.

Khoru

Smash Champion
*Cough*Cough* WHAT! You can actually do that in the game!? If I'm reading this wrong, please correct me IMMEDIATELY! but what I'm getting is that you can make the brother and sister marry each other.
it's revealed eventually that they aren't blood related (making the game's plot stupid and pointless) but you can marry and have kids with adoptive siblings on both sides, yes

also the entire "it's optional!!!!" argument has got to be some sort of fallacy

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
said it once and i'll say it again.Gameplay wise it's still fire emblem.It plays just like awakening which was a fantastic game and i have 0 zero doubts that this game wont be as good if not better than that game.Fanservice really isn't a huge probelm we all of have seen worst.I like to remind you guys that is "tame" compared to what we get in other games(GTA,Dead or Alive, or DMC just to name a few).I mean they so many neat features.Gay marriage,Buliding your own town,a deeper stroy than awakening,Possibly new classes.If people are gonna let a few things like petting or incest(while disgusting can be avoided if you know......You don't marry the brother and sister). than i dont know what to say. the bigger problem should be that if we want the whole story or both sides of the story we have to buy two games.That's so un-nintendo like i'm disgusted and should be the bigger problem what problem are really compliaing about

Completely agree on your other points though.
To be honest, I never understood why Awakening gets the hate it does. It doesn't really feel much different than any other Fire Emblem game to me. And I've played since FE7, I'm hardly a n00b.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom