• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Hey everyone, my list has Wolf. Along with K. Rool, Bandana Waddle Dee, Issac and Geno.

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
I don't know much about Roy's Fire Emblem history, but I'm sure he's just as worthy of returning in some way.
nah actually his fanbase lies almost entirely in smash
he's a pretty lackluster lord from a pretty lackluster game; he's mostly just remembered because of being in melee

not bashing him or anything. i really like him in smash 4. just saying

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
he's a pretty lackluster lord from a pretty lackluster game; he's mostly just remembered because of being in melee

He is a whole side of the world's introduction to Fire Emblem alongside Marth in Melee though.

The attention Marth and Roy got from Melee fans surely caught Nintendo's eye and helped bring the series over here.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Here's something interesting:

From Iwata : NX is so new hard , it will pile up from 0 units . On the other hand there is a certain degree of spread volume for 3DS and Wii U in . Since the new machine came out , on the business also not out old hardware software immediately , inefficient . While the preparation of NX and continue to make software 3DS / Wii U.

Nintendo won't cease development of Wii U/3DS games while NX is out.

Which isn't special unless Wii U will still get some exclusives
That's the best news today.

Soul.

From Iwata : NX is so new hard , it will pile up from 0 units . On the other hand there is a certain degree of spread volume for 3DS and Wii U in . Since the new machine came out , on the business also not out old hardware software immediately , inefficient . While the preparation of NX and continue to make software 3DS / Wii U.

Where did you get this from?

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
No offense this image instantly becomes the tackiest promo for a character I have ever seen.

The minute you throw another character under the bus to raise your character up? You instantly make your whole mission look trashy.

Dark Pit is an important character in his series.

Doctor Mario is an important part of puzzle gaming in Nintendo's history.

Lucas is the main character of his cult favorite game (probably the biggest cult game Nintendo's got.)

I don't know much about Roy's Fire Emblem history, but I'm sure he's just as worthy of returning in some way.

Don't be that guy.
This was all just a rude awakening sorry, just let me vent first. and throw 15 more votes Wolf's way.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin

Wait? Is the Shareholder meeting something going on live right now or is it being translated?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
So they're going for the 'Third Pillar' approach?
Last time they they did the third pillar was with DS, but eventually they phased out the gameboy.
Probably what will happen here with the wii u, or both if it's the fusion.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

I've heard rumors that it'll basically be the new Nintendo Wii U 3DS Super 64 Family Computer Cube XL &Watch. :awesome:

I do want to know though, what do you all think of my list? Is it good?

Last edited by a moderator:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

So, it still means Paper Mario on wiiU would happen.

:)

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Last time they they did the third pillar was with DS, but eventually they phased out the gameboy.
Probably what will happen here with the wii u, or both if it's the fusion.
GBA wasn't truly phased out until 2006 at most.

It's was still getting big named exclusives from Mario, Pokemon, Metroid and even more Megaman and Sonic games. It wasn't until Mario Kart DS and those Brain Age games where the DS really took off.

Khoru

Smash Champion
He is a whole side of the world's introduction to Fire Emblem alongside Marth in Melee though.

The attention Marth and Roy got from Melee fans surely caught Nintendo's eye and helped bring the series over here.
that's a fair way of looking at it
i was just referring to within the context of the FE series
I do want to know though, what do you all think of my list? Is it good?
isaac would be fantastic, but his popularity seems overstated (as others have recently said)
geno will never be playable in super smash bros

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
that's a fair way of looking at it
i was just referring to within the context of the FE series

isaac would be fantastic, but his popularity seems overstated (as others have recently said)
geno will never be playable in super smash bros
He could be, after all he is from what I could find, the most consistently popular 3rd party character in both Japan, and internationally.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
GBA wasn't truly phased out until 2006 at most.

It's was still getting big named exclusives from Mario, Pokemon, Metroid and even more Megaman and Sonic games. It wasn't until Mario Kart DS and those Brain Age games where the DS really took off.
Yeah I guess you're right. Though I doubt the wii u will get any big exclusive after zelda, they didn't support the gamecube very well after twilight princess and it had over 20 million users. Don't see them supporting a userbase of around 15>x>10 million for very long.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Q7: As a game fan, I'm worried about the split between the NX and Wii U.
Iwata said:
Iwata: We can't talk about the NX. If we do, competitors may take our ideas and customers won't be surprised.
Lol.

Seriously, I'm hoping for no forced gimmicks. I like the gamepad, but in the end it felt very unnecessary because not many games really utilized it.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I'm not PushDustIn, but I know the answer:

No,
So not @ PushDustIn PushDustIn is a thing now, but if that's true, do agree with this philosophy?:awesome:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

:troll:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Or not really, considering the people working on the DLC wouldnt want another slip up like they did with Ryu and Roy. Sakurai and crew will probably be super careful about what they release in updates from now on.
That too.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
No offense this image instantly becomes the tackiest promo for a character I have ever seen.

The minute you throw another character under the bus to raise your character up? You instantly make your whole mission look trashy.

Dark Pit is an important character in his series.

Doctor Mario is an important part of puzzle gaming in Nintendo's history.

Lucas is the main character of his cult favorite game (probably the biggest cult game Nintendo's got.)

Don't be that guy.

Actually funny thing, people like to act like Roy isn't important, but he's the main character of the Fire Emblem that brought it back, as well as being the main character in the first handheld Fire Emblem, so he does actually have quite a bit of importance to his series.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yeah, Binding Blade was the series' "first Awakening."

It revived the series just like Awakening did.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So....
We have an update confirmed update in August.

Do you think....

A) We get no character.
B) We get the last/last two pre ballot character(s) :wolf:?
C) We get a ballot character

Also....

How many more DLC characters do you think we'll get.
A) 2
B) 3
C) 4
D) 5
E) 6+
My answers are bolded.

For the first one, I don't expect any characters thought I feel a ballot character is possible. As for the second, I feel it could be anywhere from two to four ballot characters and I think three is the most likely number.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I'm not PushDustIn, but I know the answer:

No, nothing else was found. There wasn't anything of interest hidden like there was in the Mewtwo update.
Thanks Burb!

Nothing else is hidden AFAIK. I went through the whole text file (in English). Haven't been able to fully go through the database files. Haven't been able to convert the Japanese text yet, what I want just for comparing the translations in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom