• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
You know what I just thought? Games usually are done 2 months before their sales date as I learned from Playtonic. That technically means Smash 3DS was done in July and Smash Wii U in September. Do you guys think Mewtwo was possibly started around September since Smash Wii U was technically "done"? I remember hearing rumors about a Nintendo employee seeing a Mewtwo model in Smash 3DS/Wii U around September. As well as Zipzo tweeting "Mewtwo is in" claiming he got information from a credible source. Its just something I thought about as it was also close to the ESRB Leak which had a question mark on his picture. What are your guys' thoughts?

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
People just need to realize that it's a game made by human beings. There is going to be bias. Get over it. If you made a game, and tried to put popular characters in, you would be biased about who gets in. (And a game like mugen which has everyone and their mom is an example of why I WOULDN"T want every character to get in, I wouldn't enjoy it)

If we put together a list of 100 of the most popular characters, and Sakurai put them all in, there would STILL be rabid fanbases complaining about their missing characters, I can guarantee that.

Fanbases need to happily support their character, and if he/she doesn't get in, need to either find a new character or drink a nice glass of shut the hell up :)

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So I heard Sakurai was talking about fanservice.

:troll:

But with DLC characters I expect around 4-5 left.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
People just need to realize that it's a game made by human beings. There is going to be bias. Get over it. If you made a game, and tried to put popular characters in, you would be biased about who gets in. (And a game like mugen which has everyone and their mom is an example of why I WOULDN"T want every character to get in, I wouldn't enjoy it)

If we put together a list of 100 of the most popular characters, and Sakurai put them all in, there would STILL be rabid fanbases complaining about their missing characters, I can guarantee that.

Fanbases need to happily support their character, and if he/she doesn't get in, need to either find a new character or drink a nice glass of shut the hell up :)

Yeah but I do have my right to *****. And that's gonna stay with me for a while.

But all else aside I do agree, hell, if I did Smash
:4megaman:&:4sonic: will be tied with having the most content with :4mario:,:4link:,:4pikachu:&:4samus: not far behind.

And all that :4falcon:&:4littlemac: will make people hate these franchises and I'm not going by characters at most

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
He has unused textures apparently with his sword, I'm not sure what in particular makes special though.
Hmm... Apparently they modeled the whole sword inside the hilt. Is that ever visible within gameplay? I remember him making a pose as if he's about to draw his sword although I don't really remember him actually pulling it out though. Could be wrong though since I hardly ever have Assist Trophies on.....

Do you want to check his texture map?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Hmm... Apparently they modeled the whole sword inside the hilt. Is that ever visible within gameplay? I remember him making a pose as if he's about to draw his sword although I don't really remember him pulling it out though. Could be wrong since I hardly ever have Assist Trophies on.....

100% unused, Sable was most likely planned to use the sword but time contraints or low priority caused it to become unused

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Hmm... Apparently they modeled the whole sword inside the hilt. Is that ever visible within gameplay? I remember him making a pose as if he's about to draw his sword although I don't really remember him pulling it out though. Could be wrong though since I hardly ever have Assist Trophies on.....

Sure. :L
Do you mind PMing me it.

continuityOfficer

Smash Champion
I do think that given that these are the only pre-ballot characters it was kind of stupid for them to release them all now.

even if they where done, this mean a doubt that will last until atleast a few months after the ballot ends, and thats a while away.

they could of easily have released lucas now, then space out roy and ryu so that they can create hype.

roy could be at about august, and ryu at about October november

Lucimar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Callin
3DS FC
1332-8783-7823
It's basically a resurgence of the old leaks group after original group was closed down due to having to many members. Almost everybody who was originally active there, emigrated here.
Soo...What kind of place is this? Had Blue not quoted me then I wouldn't have known of it's existence

Last edited:

Soul.

This thread is basically Character Speculation (lol) Thread 2.0.
And sometimes the home of NX discussion...

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
:4sonic:Ryan Drummond. The memories......
Wow, Ryan Drummond has a much deeper voice than I thought he would have. Still, it's great to hear him again.

And I'm glad that the next DLC characters will be pure fan service, hopefully a certain limbless fellow can join in.
I swear if anyone responds with Sukkapon...

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Wow, Ryan Drummond has a much deeper voice than I thought he would have. Still, it's great to hear him again.

And I'm glad that the next DLC characters will be pure fan service, hopefully a certain limbless fellow can join in.
I swear if anyone responds with Sukkapon...
Darn you caught me out

Also I don't see us getting more 3rd party characters if the DLC is supposed to be fan service. Although there are people claiming that Smash is game celebrating video-game history in its entirety, and the end of the day Smash Bros is a game for Nintendo fans mostly, made by a Nintendo fan.

Actually one of my biggest fears if Sakurai leaves, we could see some moronic cuts from Smash 5, like Shulk and Ness, since they are from cult classics, but not everyone knows who they are.

Also something fun I want to, try guess who are the least likely to return in Smash 5, I'll put the correct answer in spoilers. And yes there is a correct answer

Its Sonic, Megaman, Pacman and Ryu simply because Nintendo doesn't own them, and something could happen to Capcom, Sega and Namco in between games.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
^ This. Sakurai doesn't think he can make Ridley work, so he gave us another version of Samus. After Samus and Ridley, who else is a reoccurring character? Dark Samus would've been a good bet, but do we really need 3 versions of Samus on the roster? Stylux could be a Smash 5 rep if he takes off after that Federation Force game...
The(hilariously unlikely) other possibility is Sylux being added precisely to promote Metroid in Sm4sh. It's basically the most viable choice for a Metroid character at the moment unless Smash 5 becomes a thing and a different director takes Sakurai's place.

With what we know, Kensuke Tanabe most likely plans to make Sylux a recurring character.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Darn you caught me out

Also I don't see us getting more 3rd party characters if the DLC is supposed to be fan service. Although there are people claiming that Smash is game celebrating video-game history in its entirety, and the end of the day Smash Bros is a game for Nintendo fans mostly, made by a Nintendo fan.
I personally believe we'll get one more third party through the ballot, two if were lucky. "Fan service" and "third party character" go well together.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
I personally believe we'll get one more third party through the ballot, two if were lucky. "Fan service" and "third party character" go well together.
Eh maybe, but in terms of fan service for fans of Nintendo, I think most would rather have Dixie or King K Rool, before we get another 3rd party. I know I'd rather have those 2, but that's just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom