• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
All of this is irrelevant as Dixie has popularity and all those other things necessary to be playable.
And you're preaching to the choir as I never said she didn't, my only issue was with the point "she'll be put in to appease DK fans after K. Rool is denied," which I disagreed with. She could be in on her own merits, but one of those merits won't be because another DK rep got sidelined.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
And you're preaching to the choir as I never said she didn't, my only issue was with the point "she'll be put in to appease DK fans after K. Rool is denied," which I disagreed with. She could be in on her own merits, but one of those merits won't be because another DK rep got sidelined.
Dude, you do know I'm a bigger Dixie supporter right?

I said that as a means of Sakurai would likely pick her based on her own merits including the fact she is actually relevant to the series, even if K.Rool is more popular than her in the poll.

And yes to appease the DK fans as the more relevant character should be the one people want anyways.

No one expects people to want a character who has been in disuse. It's why you always hear ''We were shocked by the support of/for ____"

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Doc is a clone, and the Links and Zeldas are different characters from different games (and TL/L/YL are in the Doc/Mario boat anyway).
Melee Zelda is a unique case where she had almost no moveset to draw from, which is why Sheik was ever even a thing to begin with.
Let's put it this way. Let's say K. Rool is first, and Dixie is a bit lower (doesn't really matter where as she's probably had a good showing).

"Oh K. Rool is the #1 voted character, unfortunately he isn't being used in his series any more. Dixie is a bit lower but she is relevant, so we'll add her".

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Doc is a clone, and the Links and Zeldas are different characters from different games
It's sort of a moot point here for Link since Guybrush did specifically use the Melee icons rather than Brawl or SSB4 (where the adult and child Links are different people).

Although that fact only helps your case rather than hurts it, since it's an example of one Link having two slots on a roster but the same moveset.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
It's sort of a moot point here for Link since Guybrush did specifically use the Melee icons rather than Brawl or SSB4 (where the adult and child Links are different people).
Ah of course he did, the clone thing still applies obviously. ZSS and Samus are two completely different movesets.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Guys, I can't wait for Wolf to finally return to Smash Bros.

They should add Peppy first though.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
re: Ridley

The fanbase hasn't stuttered at all, let me tell you.

Promo art keeps appearing in some places, like this one from yesterday.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Won't matter. He is the Marth/Olimar of his franchise, being
  • The original protagonist of the biggest game in the franchise and the game that kick-started the franchise
  • The overall most important and iconic Golden Sun character, serving as the other "main hero" in Lost Age and also being a major supporting character in Dark Dawn with his spiritual successor in that game being an expy of him
  • By far the most popular choice within his franchise in terms of Smash demands and the only commonly requested GS character.
If any GS character is going to be in, he is by far the most likeliest, bar none.
I'm not implying that another GS character has a chance, I'm saying that his own passed relevance in his franchise is a detraction from his chances. Olimar was the protagonist for both Pikmin games by the time Brawl happened and Marth was so far the only real exception.

Honestly, that was the lesser point: The bigger point is that he's from a dead series and his series lacks any Smash representation besides music. The big thing he has going for himself is the dedicated fanbase.

I believed in his chances more until I started to consider just how much of an outlier he'd be if he made it in.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Let's put it this way. Let's say K. Rool is first, and Dixie is a bit lower (doesn't really matter where as she's probably had a good showing).
"Oh K. Rool is the #1 voted character, unfortunately he isn't being used in his series any more. Dixie is a bit lower but she is relevant, so we'll add her".
I really should rephrase my point. I agree in that scenario that yes, if she's not that much lower then King K. Rool, then she has good enough reason to be considered and made playable because she has those merits and managed to be considered before others. However, there's also the possibility that if King K. Rool did better and yet wasn't considered, she still gets overlooked despite her own merits. It won't simply be "oh, King K. Rool doesn't seem to have a future, lets put in Dixie instead," they'd still look at the other characters first before getting to her, and they could pick them before her.

Another Geno discussion is more entertaining and less beaten to death than yet another K. Rool vs Dixie discussion.
To be honest, it shouldn't be a war of King K. Rool vs. Dixie, it should be a matter of "lets get both of these characters with great merits playable." Dixie and King K. Rool have good reasons to be playable, and it would be nice to have both considering that.

Last edited:

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I'm not implying that another GS character has a chance, I'm saying that his own passed relevance in his franchise is a detraction from his chances. Olimar was the protagonist for both Pikmin games by the time Brawl happened and Marth was so far the only real exception.

Honestly, that was the lesser point: The bigger point is that he's from a dead series and his series lacks any Smash representation besides music. The big thing he has going for himself is the dedicated fanbase.

I believed in his chances more until I started to consider just how much of an outlier he'd be if he made it in.
Series relevance, character importance in series and total numbers of reps have gone out the window since we know the remaining selections are going to be based on popularity.

The fact is: Isaac is still popular.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
So I wonder what character Sakurai is gonna bring out to blow everyone's mind now.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
So I wonder what character Sakurai is gonna bring out to blow everyone's mind now.
I do think that considering we already got a huge surprise in Ryu, he's surely going to finish DLC with some huge surprise too. By which I mean someone that is going to be completely hype.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
That person who made that video about the Mario Galaxy DS game must've pored hours, weeks into making it, this isn't saying much but it's probably the best fake I've ever seen.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I personally want to believe that the last 2 pre-ballot spots belong to pichu and wolf.One more melee vet and one more brawl vet.Than we get like 3 ballot characters K rool,Isaac or bandanna dee, insert 3rd party(rayman,bomberman,shantae,etc). 5 DLC just feels like the right amount characters left.

Last edited by a moderator:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
If anyone can show me a more convincing fake leak than Mario Galaxy DS than I'd love to see it, it has have gameplay though.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
It's an old joke :p

"Shulk = Little Mac" was the height of sillyness for people seeking to debunk the ESRB leak so it's eternally made fun of.
Oh, yes I thought that it was unfortunate for the people who bought that that automatically debunked the leak.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Fire Emblem Waifu Simulator 2015-2016.

Please keep the videos gifs, and other unnamed things at a low (If you know what I mean >_>)

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
My favorite was that Bowser Jr was somehow a Diddy clone/swap in Brawl.

Like....uhm...what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom