• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If Nintendo and Disney became friends without Disney buying Nintendo? That would be the best of both worlds for each company.

Nintendo can put Mickey Mouse, the most iconic cartoon character of all time into Smash. They can get first look rights to publish Mickey games or games based on the latest Disney/Pixar movies.

They get access to great franchises like Marvel, Kingdom Hearts, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, etc.

And Disney gets the same benefits. They can make cartoons of the Nintendo characters. Put Nintendo ''extras" into their video games.

This is actually a very exciting prospect and would be the ultimate third party support Nintendo could have really.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Why IS. Why those camera angles.
The camera angles, plus the fact she goes immediately to the most stereotypical Playboy Bunny pose of finger to the mouth while you toss your hair.

It's kind of funny that all of Hollywood's and media's sexualitization of women goes there, because a couple of my female friends who are in classes for acting and modelling and such have been told ''Don't do that. No one finds that sexy. They find that cheesy. They just don't want to admit it to themselves."

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I guess there was another rumor left out of the Go Nintendo article. According to Nintendo Life, instead of Android being ran natively on NX, its going to be based on emulation.
That leads us to the NX portion of the rumour. Those negotiations with Amazon have supposedly involved the retailer testing the waters on its apps being available on Nintendo hardware. Now, Nintendo already dismissed the rumours that the NX would be Android-based, yet this apparently revolves around a supposed intention to emulate Android on NX. In theory that would therefore allow Nintendo to retain control, while also opening the door to Android apps and content within the NX offering.
Source: (http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...nx_and_potential_deals_with_amazon_and_disney)
If this is true, that means you could potentially be able to root the android part of the console. That means you'll be able too run Dolphin on an official Nintendo console.
Long live Melee :troll:.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder how big a cut the third parties get from sales of amiibos of their characters. Must be a pretty penny for them to OK compatibility with 1st party Nintendo titles.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I know I just reported on something news related, but I found something pretty cool.
(https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/613699393447858176)
桜井 政博 retweeted 週刊ファミ通@毎週木曜発売
発売されたら、少々ご案内します! 3年ぶりの刊行ですね。 https://twitter.com/weeklyfamitsu/status/613612681870770176…
桜井 政博 added,

週刊ファミ通@毎週木曜発売 @WeeklyFamitsu
週刊ファミ通のコラムでもおなじみ、ゲームディレクター桜井政博氏の単行本が、6月25日に二冊同時刊行! 遊び手と作り手、ふたつの視点から綴られるゲーム論は必読で…
I guess Sakurai is making two separate books about playing and developing games. Some person on twitter did a translation of it.
@Sora_Sakurai 2 Books that @Sora_Sakurai wrote. one about what he thinks about playing games and one about making games.
:4link:: (https://twitter.com/Nintendochu/status/613701159426093056)
It might be something I'm interested in if it's ever translated to English.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
So basically, in order for some characters, in order to get them, you have to do special conditions during the battle. Otherwise they get a gruesome death.
*Gunter dies from falling off a bridge.
*Kaze dies protecting Kamui
*Flora(the Blue-haired Maid) commits suicide on a pyre.
*Not sure how she dies, but for some people, Camilla has died for them in the Hoshido Path.
*And apparently in the Nohr Path, it's possible for Sakura to die by getting ripped to shreds by a bunch of monsters.
Geez, last time I checked, deaths weren't this gruesome besides in Fire Emblem 4 and even then, the only real gruesome death was Sigurd's death. Meanwhile, you have a whole variety of gruesome deaths in Fates. Not to mention IIRC, Garon makes Elise witness a person being executed by him.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The more I read about Fates, the more I wonder if they're punking us.

They can't seriously be following up the game that saved the franchise with this.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I still think people are overreacting about this.With the way nintendo has been pushing this it's gonna sell rather it does as good as awakening is all that matters

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I know I just reported on something news related, but I found something pretty cool.
(https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/613699393447858176)

I guess Sakurai is making two separate books about playing and developing games. Some person on twitter did a translation of it.

:4link:: (https://twitter.com/Nintendochu/status/613701159426093056)
It might be something I'm interested in if it's ever translated to English.
Yeah, I've been waiting for those books to be released >.<. They were leaked by Amazon in April!
That's where I've been getting the older Famitsu columns from to translate for Source Gaming. So far, I have 4/8 of the books! Glad to see they are sticking with the 6/25 release date, as we might be able to pull up more Smash for 3DS/Wii U information.

Oh wait, 6/25 is today, lol.

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
I still think people are overreacting about this.With the way nintendo has been pushing this it's gonna sell rather it does as good as awakening is all that matters
...no
the fact that it's selling is an issue, because better sales will indicate to nintendo/IS that this is what the series should be

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
So basically, in order for some characters, in order to get them, you have to do special conditions during the battle. Otherwise they get a gruesome death.
*Gunter dies from falling off a bridge.
*Kaze dies protecting Kamui
*Flora(the Blue-haired Maid) commits suicide on a pyre.
*Not sure how she dies, but for some people, Camilla has died for them in the Hoshido Path.
*And apparently in the Nohr Path, it's possible for Sakura to die by getting ripped to shreds by a bunch of monsters.
Geez, last time I checked, deaths weren't this gruesome besides in Fire Emblem 4 and even then, the only real gruesome death was Sigurd's death. Meanwhile, you have a whole variety of gruesome deaths in Fates. Not to mention IIRC, Garon makes Elise witness a person being executed by him.
I like it. You want his character to stay with you? Gonna have to work for it.

Reminds me a bit of Berwick Saga and its mercenary characters.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Oh crap, I got a lot of translating to do. He has shots of Smash 4's project plan.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
What's really awesome about this deal is that it allows Sora to join Smash as a pure Disney rep, therefore opening up the coveted Sqaure Enix spot and making it even more likely that Geno will be added.
Geno's basically already confirmed because he's clearly the most requested and popular Nintendo character who's not already playable.

Last edited:

Soul.

So I was reading all this rumor fiasco and um, as much as Nintendo and Amazon partnering together may seem "true," I don't want the NX to run whatever Amazon systems run. It should be running its own OS.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Any mention of Wolf?
No mention of Wolf AFAIK.

So wait, your going to translate both of those long books by yourselves !?!?
I commend you sir. We knew you well...
EDIT: Wait? He's showing us Beta screenshots of Smash 4?
Not the whole book. Plus, I have the other translators at Source Gaming to help out. Already sent the first article to Soma!

He's showing off the Project Presentation to Nintendo, that was done 1 month after Kid Icarus: Uprising was finished.

Rosalina and Robin are given summaries.

The amount of information on Dedede....oh my god.

You guys might be able to see it here: Click try it for free. Nothing interesting in the beta screenshots.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
So I was reading all this rumor fiasco and um, as much as Nintendo and Amazon partnering together may seem "true," I don't want the NX to run whatever Amazon systems run. It should be running its own OS.
Amazon devices run a modified version of Android, so if the NX runs on any sort of Android base it wouldn't be a problem.

Too bad we actually know that the NX does NOT run on Android.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-nx-will-not-run-on-android/1100-6427749/

Rumor seems super bogus to me, but whatever, anything is possible. I believe the more detailed rumor actually says that the NX would be emulating Android in order to run Amazon apps, but that seems ridiculously inefficient to me.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
The NX is secretly a new version of the Kindle that features audiobook readings by Iwata.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Geno's basically already confirmed because he's clearly the most requested and popular Nintendo character who's not already playable.

Just ask @Geno Boost.
I know pretty much no one else in this thread is in support of Geno being in Smash, but there's really no need to antagonize somebody specifically by tagging them in your remarks.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
I want the new fire emblem game, I just don't know how I feel about the customization. I can't have my long slicked back old man hair. lol

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I gotta go to work, will look more into these books tonight.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
No mention of Wolf AFAIK.

Not the whole book. Plus, I have the other translators at Source Gaming to help out. Already sent the first article to Soma!

He's showing off the Project Presentation to Nintendo, that was done 1 month after Kid Icarus: Uprising was finished.

Rosalina and Robin are given summaries.

The amount of information on Dedede....oh my god.

You guys might be able to see it here: Click try it for free. Nothing interesting in the beta screenshots.
Sweet, can't wait to read the articles. Best of luck to you guys!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The brutal deaths don't phase me a bit.

This is war.

Not even out of character for the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom