• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Geno's basically already confirmed because he's clearly the most requested and popular Nintendo character who's not already playable.
Why did you tag me? And I never said he was confirmed do you want me to turn this thread upside down because of you? I know you did edit your post to remove the tag

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Dude.

Heihachi and Tekken are kind of big news.

No joke. There's more to games then Nintendo.
Tekken is a very successful series sure, and Heihachi seems to be something of a mascot for the series (though I always thought King was until recently), but still. Lumping Tekken with the likes of Street Fighter, Mega Man, Sonic, Pac-Man or even MGS in terms of legacy and Nintendo relevance is a stretch. Heihachi isn't exactly a household name.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 was the only main line Tekken game even released on a Nintendo system. I never said there wasn't more to games than Nintendo, but this is a Nintendo cross over game.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Tekken is a very successful series sure, and Heihachi seems to be something of a mascot for the series (though I always thought King was until recently), but still. Lumping Tekken with the likes of Street Fighter, Mega Man, Sonic, Pac-Man or even MGS in terms of legacy and Nintendo relevance is a stretch. Heihachi isn't exactly a household name.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 was the only main line Tekken game even released on a Nintendo system. I never said there wasn't more to games than Nintendo, but this is a Nintendo cross over game.
Eh, Tekken did for 3D fighters what Street Fighter did for 2D fighters. Tekken and Virtua fighter ushered in a new era of fighters, to the point that 2D fighters like Street Fighter were considered uncool for years.

This shift in the perception of the fighting game genre is part of reason that the Street Fighter franchise was more or less on ice until Street Fighter 4. It's also why this exists:

Tekken is an important part of video gaming history... although I'll agree that it doesn't mean much to Nintendo. A Soul Calibur rep would actually make more sense in that regard due to Soul Calibur 2, but that really would be "just another rep."

Fun and related side story: there used to be a restaurant in Orlando called the Pacman cafe. It was a themed restaurant with a Pacman museum on the first floor. The second floor had a bar and dance floor. It's theme and name? The Tekken lounge.

What about a Dead or Alive rep?

I don't know Pac-Man is pretty shifty. Something is up with someone who eats that much.
He is a monster that consumes the spirits of the dead.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

I wouldn't really call Tag Tournament 2 a main line Tekken installment. The Tag Tournament games are non-canon.

But why did you think King was the mascot/face of Tekken?

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Smash wouldnt be heihachi's first spinoff on a nintendo console thats for sure.
This was a weird game.
That was a really wild party. Nobody's still found SC2 Astarosh since then.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Why did you tag me? And I never said he was confirmed do you want me to turn this thread upside down because of you? I know you did edit your post to remove the tag
I just noticed you had a link to an Alex Kidd support thread in your sig!

Than I clicked on it and it didn't exist.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I wouldn't really call Tag Tournament 2 a main line Tekken installment. The Tag Tournament games are non-canon.

But why did you think King was the mascot/face of Tekken?
I'm not sure really, it was just the perception I had of it as a kid. I guess it was possibly because he was the most interesting looking character to me. I had a few Tekken games over the years but it's not something I played extensively. The characters and their designs always seemed quite bland.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I agree that Pac-Man > Ryu > Heihachi in terms of representation. Glad Sakurai went with Pac-Man.

Just got home, need to figure out what to work on first @_@.

Soma already translated the new Famitsu column today. It's a promotion for Roy, Ryu and Lucas. You'll guys see it soon :).

WayForward's Director retweeted my tweet about Heihachi!

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I agree that Pac-Man > Ryu > Heihachi in terms of representation. Glad Sakurai went with Pac-Man.

Just got home, need to figure out what to work on first @_@.

Soma already translated the new Famitsu column today. It's a promotion for Roy, Ryu and Lucas. You'll guys see it soon :).

WayForward's Director retweeted my tweet about Heihachi!
Looks like I'll have to publish a "Case 4: Shantae as Smash DLC" article.

#KickBack

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
inb4 Wayforward buys Source Gaming to promote Shantae in Smash :troll:.
"Oh yeah! She's a Genie! And...she has cross-generation appeal! She's a shoo-in for Smash!"

//sellout

Off topic...but, I'm kind of surprised none of the major blogs haven't tried to integrate SG into one of the bigger news blogs....The closest relationship we have is with, "The Tanooki", as our good friend Kan is a volunteer there. I got an apology from GoNintendo for not giving us credit...but that's the most I've talked to anyone from the major gaming media (even though they constantly use our material!). In the end, I just want someone to pay for our hosting because I'm really broke :p.

you can tell I'm an old member of the leaks group because I know the proper usage of shoo-in. Thanks @vaanrose

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I just noticed you had a link to an Alex Kidd support thread in your sig!

Than I clicked on it and it didn't exist.

Hmmm but It's working for me but what's the issue then? So I could fix it
EDIT: i did log out and tried to research for Alex kidd thread but i couldnt find it, its seems that i am the only one who could go to the thread can someone help me what should i do to fix this?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Did you miss the mod post telling Burb not to bait people? Don't respond to obvious baiting.

Likewise, did you really just threaten to cause trouble in this thread? What the hell, man. :|

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I'm surprised people actually remembered this.

The roster was weeeeeeird.
I rented that game since there weren't many Mario Party alternatives back then.

Not a good idea.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I rented that game since there weren't many Mario Party alternatives back then.

Not a good idea.
Yeah it wasn't that great of a game lol. But it was really funny seeing someone like Astaroth do typical Mario Party fare.

AreJay25

So I just watched Yoshi's Wooly World's final boss.

It's Baby Bowser again. Luckily there's no time travel BS this time around.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I could actually make a strong case for Ryu Hayabusa, now that I'm thinking about it.

Does he even have a support thread in the character sub forum? He really should.

The NES games were some of the first titles I ever experienced that really used "cut scenes" as story telling tools. For example:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Not going to spoil anything, but I think a lot of you will find the next translation piece that's going to go up at source gaming very interesting.

Stay tuned!

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Not going to spoil anything, but I think a lot of you will find the next translation piece that's going to go up at source gaming very interesting.

Stay tuned!
...And here it is!

Hope you guys enjoy it :X.

Give most of thanks/ love to Soma, for being incredibly fast with this translation.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
A few things:

1) Intelligent Systems has done nothing wrong with Fanservice Fire Emblem: Fates. I for one can't wait to waifu the purple haired goddess and her rather large....er....assets.
2) Tekken is big, but it's not nearly as big as Street Fighter. Ryu getting in Smash makes 100% sense. Heihachi? Not so much.
3) @ PushDustIn PushDustIn can't wait to read your articles today!

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
The wording in the interview makes it seem like Sakurai hasn't decided on a final number for DLC, but it also makes it clear that we have seen all of our pre-ballot DLC.

If you want Wolf, you better start voting.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
A few things:

1) Intelligent Systems has done nothing wrong with Fanservice Fire Emblem: Fates. I for one can't wait to waifu the purple haired goddess and her rather large....er....assets.
2) Tekken is big, but it's not nearly as big as Street Fighter. Ryu getting in Smash makes 100% sense. Heihachi? Not so much.
3) @ PushDustIn PushDustIn can't wait to read your articles today!
Translation is up! I'm going to go start reading Sakurai's newest books again to see what needs to be translated next. I might just translate his full comments on Heihachi and call it a night (it's 11 PM here), or just wait until tomorrow and organize the job listing for the other translators.... decisions, decisions. The good news is that @Aeris is going to start working on translating the development bit tonight. It might take a couple of days as there's A LOT of text.

AreJay25

The wording in the interview makes it seem like Sakurai hasn't decided on a final number for DLC, but it also makes it clear that we have seen all of our pre-ballot DLC.

I'd have a better time believing this if Sakurai didn't use weird/misleading wording before.

Remember, Mewtwo was supposed to be "the only DLC character," and look what happened.

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman

This is how I've felt for a long time. People just assumed he was a shoe in, but as we can see this is not the case!

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627

I didn't pick up on that, but maybe that's just me. I thought of it more as, "everything that was in the pipeline is out now and we're going to start on more but you have to be patient."

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
What number could be assumed as "several", though?

Also, I don't see how the wording rules out more pre-ballot DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom