• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
OoE is interesting. It's level based with an over world map, for one thing, and Shanoa doesn't feel like an Alucard redux in the same way Soma does. It's a difficult game though. The boss battles are actually a bit of a challenge!

I'm a big fan of the classic games as well, and unlike a lot of fans I actually enjoyed the first Lords of Shadow game. The series was getting very stale at the time it was produced, and I have no problem with alt-universe reboots. It's unfortunate that the series kind of went off the rails after the first game, which did an excellent job of world building.
Lords of Shadows was okay at best my problems were how boring the IGAvanias got after a few of the GBA titles. I hear so many great things about Harmony of Dissonance. My hated Castlevania is mostly a spinoff anyway (Judgement)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

@ Spazzy_D Spazzy_D The NX needs to release holiday of next year so that it can have 2-3 years before the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 gets to launch their successor. Nintendo more than ever are stuck in a precarious situation where one mistake could make the NX their last home console. I seriously hope know what they're doing because Miyamoto's statement is not making me feel assured they'll be able to get good western third-party support on board ever again (which is becoming more of a necessity with the decline of the Japanese game industry).

Also worth noting Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is available on PSN as well. I think PSN has a few frame rate lags on the PS3 emulation but I would hope it wouldn't affect games like this one.
Real quick:

Gay relationships in Japan :

Most people are actually opposed to gay marriage in Japan. However, people are far less open about being gay, and they tend to slide under the radar. There is a gay community, and such but it's not 100% mainstream. Transgender people tend to become performers (I had my first date with my ex at a transgender karaoke snack bar...). Transgender people tend to be the butt of jokes. I haven't heard of active discrimination personally, but being gay is still not 100% accepted.

Historically, Japan has accepted gay relationships in the past but they were treated more like flings. Mostly in the form of senpai / kouhai "training" within the warrior/ upper classes. These weren't really serious relationships. Even though it was still expected to get married to the opposite Sex and have kids for the "good of society."
This is all very interesting piece of information here especially being a gay man myself. In other words, kind of how I feel around my father's side of the family, except that they would probably kick me out or discriminate against me if they ever found out I was gay.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
It's official, Wii U got hacked. We have custom music.

So long long until people start begging for a PM on Wii U despite the PMDT saying they weren't gonna do it
That's pretty neat. Too bad I'm on the latest firmware version though. I would like to try out some Smash 4 modding myself if/once we get to that point since I kinda missed out on Brawl's.....

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
The NX WILL launch holiday 2017 AT THE LATEST.

If not there will be some shoe eating going on.

D

Deleted member

The NX WILL launch holiday 2017 AT THE LATEST.

If not there will be some shoe eating going on.
That's way too late for Nintendo. They're already mostly done with the Wii U judging from how sparse the library is from here on out. The only major announcements I can see coming at this point are maybe Mother 3 localization and maybe Retro's next game if they haven't moved to the Wii U. If Nintendo can't make holiday, 2016, I forsee the NX being Nintendo's Dreamcast.

Last edited by a moderator:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Dimentio would fit better I think, moveset could easily be one of the funnest ever, plus it allows intergration of Super paper mario specific concepts, an d to keep mario specifically traditional paper mario.

And Primid would be fun i think, especially if its face chaged every time you played, like the real ones

EDIT: also, i really hope the villains from uper Paper Mario would return in a future game atleast, because they are really good characters and tones of fun, or atleast Count Bleck, Dimentio, Blecks assistant and MiMi are, i dont think i can remember the others (im pretty sure there was a strong one, who dimentio too over, although i think that was his entire point, so he wasnt necessarily supposed to be memorable)
DO NOT FORGET FRANCIS!!!

Seriously, I think you could make a game on him, although, the humor potential might be so high that it would be dangerous to pass out of laughing :)

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
That's way too late for Nintendo. They're already mostly done with the Wii U judging from how sparse the library is from here on out. The only major announcements I can see coming at this point are maybe Mother 3 localization and maybe Retro's next game if they haven't moved to the Wii U. If Nintendo can't make holiday, 2016, I forsee the NX being Nintendo's Dreamcast.
Nintendo can **** money for the next 40 years and still say afloat. Enough for them to take a 20 billion Yen loss (£163/$257 million) every year until 2052. And as of now, they're posting profits.

They won't have a Dreamcast in our lifetime.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
If anything, the NX coming as early as holiday 2016 is going to make the Wii U Nintendo's Sega Saturn, meaning they'll have dropped support of it and given up too early and screwed over customers as a result. Which isn't going to make the NX their Dreamcast in the sense of putting them out of business, but it will do that in the sense that customers are going to be pissed and not anxious to get an NX.

It's possible that there are more people who got one years ago than are in my position, but...I just got a Wii U six months ago, and it's making me severely anxious hearing everybody talk about how they're going to drop the Wii U like that just because it's not doing well which will basically mean I got the Wii U just in time to find out that I probably shouldn't have gotten it at all. If Nintendo drops support of the Wii U early because of their own poor marketing strategy, it's going to really burn me and it's probably going to take me even longer to get an NX than it did for me to get a Wii U.

redroses

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Marmalade
I just would have really liked to have a pokemon from Gen V, as it came to be my favorite generation so far.

I also felt like, IF, Grovyle would be a more likely Gen 3 rep than Sceptile. While Sceptile is fully evolved Grovyle got a lot of popularity for a middle stage starter, thanks to the anime and pokemon mystery dungeon.

Either way, I just want Squirtle and Ivysaur back :c

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
The NX will launch holiday 2017 at the earliest too.
I disagree. Holiday 2017 makes the most sense, as it would give the Wii U a typical 5 year life span and would fall in line with Nintendo's pattern of announcing a console on the first year, showing it off at E3 in the second, and releasing it in the third.

The issue is that Nintendo is not in a great spot right now, so I could possibly see them launching in holiday 2016. If they wait too long they may fall into the same trap they did with the Wii U, where consumers would rather wait until MS and Sony announce their new boxes before committing to anything.

Nintendo can **** money for the next 40 years and still say afloat. Enough for them to take a 20 billion Yen loss (£163/$257 million) every year until 2052. And as of now, they're posting profits.

Nintendo has an unusually large war chest, that is true, but they also have to answer to their share holders. The current Wii U software landscape looks grim, and Nintendo can not count on their hand held to bail them out at the moment. Last I checked, the 3DS forecast is 7.6 million units this year. That's not a very high number. Nintendo really can't afford to have multiple years with a combined hardware total of less than 10 million, and that is very likely what will happen if the NX is pushed back until 2017.

Let us also remember that Nintendo's portable line is also due for a hardware refresh. We have yet to hear ANYTHING about the 3DS' successor. 2016 will be 5 years for the 3DS, so a new portable wouldn't be too new at that point. Perhaps the reason we have not heard anything about this is because the NX as a hybrid rumors are true?

D

Deleted member

When I said Dreamcast, I never said that Nintendo was going out of business if the NX failed, I meant in the context that they will likely exit the market of making home consoles like Sega did and go third-party and/or mobile. Remember that Nintendo is entering the mobile market and if they play their card right, mobile gaming will be a low-risk, high-reward scenario for them as development costs will be a lot less than on consoles. They could eventually be pushed to drop support for consoles and pursue a primarily mobile gaming route (or go third-party if that doesn't work) if the NX does not do well.
If anything, the NX coming as early as holiday 2016 is going to make the Wii U Nintendo's Sega Saturn, meaning they'll have dropped support of it and given up too early and screwed over customers as a result. Which isn't going to make the NX their Dreamcast in the sense of putting them out of business, but it will do that in the sense that customers are going to be pissed and not anxious to get an NX.

It's possible that there are more people who got one years ago than are in my position, but...I just got a Wii U six months ago, and it's making me severely anxious hearing everybody talk about how they're going to drop the Wii U like that just because it's not doing well which will basically mean I got the Wii U just in time to find out that I probably shouldn't have gotten it at all. If Nintendo drops support of the Wii U early because of their own poor marketing strategy, it's going to really burn me and it's probably going to take me even longer to get an NX than it did for me to get a Wii U.
With the Sega Saturn, Magic Knight Rayearth was the last game released in North America on November 30th, 1998 and the Dreamcast launch on September 9th, 1999; making it a nine and a half month span between the last Saturn game in North America and when Sega launch the Dreamcast here. Europe was even worse; Deep Fear was the last game released there on June 30th, 1998 and it took over a year for the Dreamcast to come over there on October 14th, 1999. Sega's big mistake was abruptly dropping support for the Saturn and going for a long period without any games outside Japan. What Nintendo is doing is phasing out the Wii U in time for the NX to come in. There will still be games coming out for the Wii U but they will mostly be smaller titles from Nintendo, indie third-parties, and maybe a few big titles we don't know about, but we've already seen the bulk of the Wii U's support. The Wii U at the very least has a year left from support by Nintendo and indie third-parties but once the NX comes out, it will be time for Nintendo to pull the plug. The fact is that Nintendo has to ensure that the NX is a success so while the Wii U isn't dead yet, expect their primary home console focus to be on their next console. And beside, for a console that has done so poorly, a four year lifespan for the Wii U is not bad.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I disagree. Holiday 2017 makes the most sense, as it would give the Wii U a typical 5 year life span and would fall in line with Nintendo's pattern of announcing a console on the first year, showing it off at E3 in the second, and releasing it in the third.

The issue is that Nintendo is not in a great spot right now, so I could possibly see them launching in holiday 2016. If they wait too long they may fall into the same trap they did with the Wii U, where consumers would rather wait until MS and Sony announce their new boxes before committing to anything.

Nintendo has an unusually large war chest, that is true, but they also have to answer to their share holders. The current Wii U software landscape looks grim, and Nintendo can not count on their hand held to bail them out at the moment. Last I checked, the 3DS forecast is 7.6 million units this year. That's not a very high number. Nintendo really can't afford to have multiple years with a combined hardware total of less than 10 million, and that is very likely what will happen if the NX is pushed back until 2017.

Let us also remember that Nintendo's portable line is also due for a hardware refresh. We have yet to hear ANYTHING about the 3DS' successor. 2016 will be 5 years for the 3DS, so a new portable wouldn't be too new at that point. Perhaps the reason we have not heard anything about this is because the NX as a hybrid rumors are true?
Yeah but here's the thing people keep telling you that would do damage to the customers image is that releasing it next year would do more harm than help because of Wii U owners.

You keep forgetting Wii U owners exist and releasing its replacement this soon when the Wii U is barely 3 years old is stupid and something that would be a bigger mistake on Nintendo more so.

You lose that trust and what happen to Wii U owners who bought it this year or last? Just because the only games we know for 2016 is Zelda and SMTxFE doesn't mean they just moved EVERYTHING to NX. Splatoon, Smash and MK8 is still kicking. We have no idea what they have left for the Wii U and just because a crap E3 shows it, doesn't mean that they are getting ready to kill it off soon. Later but not now.

NX for 2017 is perfect and unless you want them to desperately compete with the PS4 which is not do jack all anyhow, try waiting until 2017 when the time is right and Wii U cycle is at its perfect endgame.

Work towards the future not towards now

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
On the Castlevania talk, I'm partial to Castlevania 3 for the Classicvanias. I prefer it to the original with how much more content and better challenge it has (plus for having the character switch mechanic and the ability to select your routes), while I found Castlevania 4 too easy (the whip obsoleted the subweapons and the enemies/bosses were way too weak for how good the whip was; almost all of the bosses could be beaten by just mashing it out against them). I got Rondo on the Wii VC, but never got around to playing it, which I have to rectify soon.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Yeah but here's the thing people keep telling you that would do damage to the customers image is that releasing it next year would do more harm than help because of Wii U owners.

You keep forgetting Wii U owners exist and releasing its replacement this soon when the Wii U is barely 3 years old is stupid and something that would be a bigger mistake on Nintendo more so.

You lose that trust and what happen to Wii U owners who bought it this year or last? Just because the only games we know for 2016 is Zelda and SMTxFE doesn't mean they just moved EVERYTHING to NX. Splatoon, Smash and MK8 is still kicking. We have no idea what they have left for the Wii U and just because a crap E3 shows it, doesn't mean that they are getting ready to kill it off soon. Later but not now.

NX for 2017 is perfect and unless you want them to desperately compete with the PS4 which is not do jack all anyhow, try waiting until 2017 when the time is right and Wii U cycle is at its perfect endgame.

Work towards the future not towards now
The Wii U hasn't even sold 10 million units. If we look at the Gamecube as a decent base for Nintendo fans than we know that another 10 million or so fans skipped out on the system. Plenty of people are already waiting for a new Nintendo system.

2016 would be 4 years, not 3.

Also, let's not pretend that Nintendo has not pulled a similar stunt in the past. Forget the Dreamcast, and remember this:

Launched in 2001

Launched in 2004.

Three years difference between those systems, and Nintendo used the same "third pillar" rhetoric then, too.

That didn't seem to effect consumer trust in the Nintendo brand much, did it?

Here's another example that makes more sense than the Dreamcast:

Released in 2001

Released 2005.

Xbox- Xbox 360 was a 4 year cycles, which is precisely what we talking about in regards to Wii U -> NX.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
The Wii U hasn't even sold 10 million units. If we look at the Gamecube as a decent base for Nintendo fans than weknow that another 10 million or so fans skipped out on the system. Plenty of people are already waiting for a new Nintendo system.

2016 would be 4 years, not 3.

Also, let's not pretend that Nintendo has not pulled a similar stunt in the past. Forget the Dreamcast, and remember this:

Launched in 2001

Launched in 2004.

Three years difference between those systems, and Nintendo used the same "third pillar" rhetoric then, too.

That didn't seem to effect consumer trust in the Nintendo brand much, did it?
Here's the difference

1.GBA & DS are both handhelds. Consoles are a different beast to deal with when it comes to new systems

2.GBA still got support for new games, IPs and sold well despite the DS existing. Wii U will never get that despite whatever you say. Once the NX drops, Wii U will cease to exist in Nintendo's eyes and won't bother to deal with. You can't focus on two consoles at the same time. It'll just be ignored, dropped and whatever games it'll get is Just Dance and Skylanders trash. Same thing the Wii got in 2012-2014.

3.Third pillar can mean a lot of things but we know the real deal, Wii U will be ignored, dropped, dead and forgotten.

Anybody who made a $300 invest meant will seem like a damn fool and will seem like a waste to buy a Wii U, something Nintendo still wants to do. Why can't you understand that, NX is a 2017/2018 system, not a next year system because they are desperate.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
When I said Dreamcast, I never said that Nintendo was going out of business if the NX failed, I meant in the context that they will likely exit the market of making home consoles like Sega did and go third-party and/or mobile. Remember that Nintendo is entering the mobile market and if they play their card right, mobile gaming will be a low-risk, high-reward scenario for them as development costs will be a lot less than on consoles. They could eventually be pushed to drop support for consoles and pursue a primarily mobile gaming route (or go third-party if that doesn't work) if the NX does not do well.
Lol they are not going 3rd Party or mobile exclusive. They're posting profits, and they've got a ****tonne of money in the bank. They're a business, doing what they're doing is working, and they're taking steps to improve. The NX can fail, the NX2 can fail, the NX3 can fail (and on and on), and they'll still be completely safe, and they'll still be exclusive.

There's a higher chance of Sony exiting the market with the way they're posting losses year on year. They've already exited the PC market last I'd heard. Not that that will happen any time soon either.

Shareholders are happy as long as profits are being posted, and are expected to continue being posted. Which they are.

They aren't in a desperate position that they need to rush the NX onto the market.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Here's the difference

1.GBA & DS are both handhelds. Consoles are a different beast to deal with when it comes to new systems

2.GBA still got support for new games, IPs and sold well despite the DS existing. Wii U will never get that despite whatever you say. Once the NX drops, Wii U will cease to exist in Nintendo's eyes and won't bother to deal with. You can't focus on two consoles at the same time. It'll just be ignored, dropped and whatever games it'll get is Just Dance and Skylanders trash. Same thing the Wii got in 2012-2014.

3.Third pillar can mean a lot of things but we know the real deal, Wii U will be ignored, dropped, dead and forgotten.

Anybody who made a $300 invest meant will seem like a damn fool and will seem like a waste to buy a Wii U, something Nintendo still wants to do. Why can't you understand that, NX is a 2017/2018 system, not a next year system because they are desperate.
I added a console example as well. Xbox - Xbox 360. 4 years.

Saturn to Dreamcast was 3 years. Xbox is the better comparison.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

You forgot, the generation the Xbox was in.

6th gen started in 1998 with the Dreamcast and the Xbox came 3 years too late and the PS2 came in 2000.

Wii U with the 8th gen started in 2012

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
You forgot, the generation the Xbox was in.

6th gen started in 1998 with the Dreamcast and the Xbox came 3 years too late and the PS2 came in 2000.

Wii U with the 8th gen started in 2012
Gens don't matter when Nintendo is plaything the "not competing directly card."

You're just moving the goal post now with qualifiers.

The Wii U is already Nintendo's Dreamcast anyway. It launched early with inferior tech and the sales are dismal.

It is actually selling worse the Dreamcast. If you align the launches of the two systems, Dreamcast is winning out, and the only reason it will likely not take the crown in this race is that it was discontinued after 3 years.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Honestly my issue is a lot less "It's not enough time since the Wii U was released for them to be moving on already" and more "Smash was the first title that made me want a Wii U and I kind of figured Nintendo would give me more games to make the purchase of a Wii U worth it before they dropped everything." The short lifespan of the Wii U is just a more quantifiable means of explaining it, and it's less subjective since I know there are probably going to be people telling me there's more than enough quality titles when it's just not really true IMO.

There are definitely good Wii U titles that I don't have (I currently own Smash, Nintendo Land, 3D World, Tropical Freeze, and WWHD), but none of the "good titles" that I don't have really wow me. I'm a big fan of the exploration, adventure-y type games a la LoZ and Metroid, and outside of the remake of Wind Waker I've seen none of that (there could be a non-Metroid/Zelda title that's like that that I've missed, but I've not caught wind of it). I know I can't go "bleh" at quality titles that just might not appeal to me specifically, but even when you take the other good games into account there just aren't enough for me to say "Yeah, it's cool if Nintendo starts winding down."

And honestly, just because they would, in theory, be following up with an NX soon, if they really have given up on the Wii U already and the drought of Wii U games we've sensed after E3 is a result of that, that only makes it worse. The idea that they've decided to push all of the quality titles they had planned for the Wii U over to the NX because the Wii U isn't doing well would be a really low blow to people who bought a Wii U expecting titles like a Zelda installment that come around at least once every console. Nobody's entitled to anything, obviously, and they can do what they want, but I don't think it's unreasonable for people to think that a main series Zelda title (that isn't a remake) would end up on the Wii U since there has been at least one (if not two) on every single major Nintendo console thus far, and therefore to be bitter about not getting one.

In the end I don't believe Nintendo has given up on the Wii U, I'm holding out hope that they aren't going to screw me over like that, but I don't see a way to look at a potential decision to do so as reasonable.

Last edited:

Soul.

By the time the 3DS launched, it's been 8 years after the DS' release. 8 years. 8. Years.

Nintendo will not pull a Dreamcast with NX. Nor will they say "we're going to stop making consoles and move on to the mobile industry!"

D

Deleted member

The Saturn outside Japan was more like this:

Support the console for three and a half years in North America (just barely less than a year for the Saturn in Europe) then drop support entirely without a successor for nine and a half months (and in Europe, over a year). That's the best way to alienate supporters and I don't see the same happening to the Wii U even as they are phasing out the console for the successor.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Is this where the leak brigade travelled?
Yup, this is the new Leaks group place.

I'm pretty sure Dustin is right as well, but just to play devil's advocate, what's to stop them from adding a button?
My Notifications said this post quoted me, yet I can't see what exactly it is you quoted from me.

What is this about? The Wii U CSS not having a button for pages?

If so, ....yes, there's nothing to stop them from adding a button; however, using a two-paged CSS on the Wii U version is a problem in of itself, due to all the issues it could potentially cause in multi-player (Namely, one player repeatedly switching pages, preventing another player from selecting a character).

A problem like that wouldn't be present in the 3DS version due to the way 3DS multiplayer works (everyone has their own unit, and thus their own CSS).

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Honestly my issue is a lot less "It's not enough time since the Wii U was released for them to be moving on already" and more "Smash was the first title that made me want a Wii U and I kind of figured Nintendo would give me more games to make the purchase of a Wii U worth it before they dropped everything." The short lifespan of the Wii U is just a more quantifiable means of explaining it, and it's less subjective since I know there are probably going to be people telling me there's more than enough quality titles when it's just not really true IMO.

There are definitely good Wii U titles that I don't have (I currently own Smash, Nintendo Land, 3D World, Tropical Freeze, and WWHD), but none of the "good titles" that I don't have really wow me. I'm a big fan of the exploration, adventure-y type games a la LoZ and Metroid, and outside of the remake of Wind Waker I've seen none of that (there could be a non-Metroid/Zelda title that's like that that I've missed, but I've not caught wind of it). I know I can't go "bleh" at quality titles that just might not appeal to me specifically, but even when you take the other good games into account there just aren't enough for me to say "Yeah, it's cool if Nintendo starts winding down."

And honestly, just because they would, in theory, be following up with an NX soon, if they really have given up on the Wii U already and the drought of Wii U games we've sensed after E3 is a result of that, that only makes it worse. The idea that they've decided to push all of the quality titles they had planned for the Wii U over to the NX because the Wii U isn't doing well would be a really low blow to people who bought a Wii U expecting titles like a Zelda installment that come around at least once every console. Nobody's entitled to anything, obviously, and they can do what they want, but I don't think it's unreasonable for people to think that a main series Zelda title (that isn't a remake) would end up on the Wii U since there has been at least one (if not two) on every single major Nintendo console thus far, and therefore to be bitter about not getting one.

In the end I don't believe Nintendo has given up on the Wii U, I'm holding out hope that they aren't going to screw me over like that, but I don't see a way to look at a potential decision to do so as reasonable.
The Wii U is stacked with quality games.

Tropical Freeze
Smash
Mario Kart
Treasure Tracker
3D world
Pikmin 3
NSMB U/NSLU
Hyrule Warriors
Bayonetta/2
Splatoon
W101
Rayman Legends
Wind Waker HD
Arkham City

Arguably:
Mario Party 10
Kirby

Soon:
Star Fox
Mario Maker
Mario Tennis
Woolly World
Xenoblade
Zelda

I've got 1 game on my Xbox One that is exclusive. And it's ****ing terrible (Dead Rising 3).

D

Deleted member

By the time the 3DS launched, it's been 8 years after the DS' release. 8 years. 8. Years.

Nintendo will not pull a Dreamcast with NX. Nor will they say "we're going to stop making consoles and move on to the mobile industry!"
Eight years? The DS came out on November 21th, 2004 (North America) and the 3DS came out on February 26th, 2011. That's six and 1/4th of a year there.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

How many big guns does Nintendo have left, though?

We've got Zelda on the way.
We've had both a 2D and a 3D Mario.
We had a new Donkey Kong Country.
We've had a new Smash Bros.
We've had a new Mario Kart.
We had a new Wario Ware.
We're getting a brand new Star Fox produced by Miyamoto himself.
We finally got Pikmin 3.
We've had interesting new additions to the Yoshi and Kirby series.
We also got a new hit IP in Splatoon and a continuation of the critical darling that is the Xeno Blade series.

We know for fact that a new Metroid game will NOT come out for the system, but might come out for the NX.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-17-next-proper-metroid-prime-would-likely-now-be-on-nx

So once again, what's left?

F-zero? Punch-out? Paper Mario? Kid Icarus? Some sort of retro revival? All would be awesome, but none are exactly system sellers. Nintendo usually does one big game in a franchise per console, and they already burned through most of their big names.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
How many big guns does Nintendo have left, though?

We've got Zelda on the way.
We've had both a 2D and a 3D Mario.
We had a new Donkey Kong Country.
We've had a new Smash Bros.
We've had a new Mario Kart.
We had a new Wario Ware.
We're getting a brand new Star Fox produced by Miyamoto himself.
We finally got Pikmin 3.
We've had interesting new additions to the Yoshi and Kirby series.
We also got a new hit IP in Splatoon and a continuation of the critical darling that is the Xeno Blade series.

We know for fact that a new Metroid game will NOT come out for the system, but might come out for the NX.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-17-next-proper-metroid-prime-would-likely-now-be-on-nx

So once again, what's left?

F-zero? Punch-out? Paper Mario? Kid Icarus? Some sort of retro revival? All would be awesome, but none are exactly system sellers. Nintendo usually does one big game in a franchise per console, and they already burned through most of their big names.
I still consider a Paper Mario to be likely, it would have been in dev for 2 years this September at the very least.

Plus, with Paper Jam, I really think it would happen.

Also, little fun fact, this could be the third time a game in the series is released near end of life of the console :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom