• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
@ TheAnvil TheAnvil knows. He's the biggest balloon fight fan I know, lol.

Who wants to help me develop a joust/balloon fighter clone indie game? Why hasn't that happened yet? Has it?
I like the idea of the character in Smash but in all honesty the game has not aged that well. It was more fun when I was a kid.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Oh, by the way, @Neo Zero , if you're still wondering what the Club Nintendo reward options are, you can see them all here.

(And if anyone wants to look at that and help advise me on how I might spend my last 520 coins that would be much appreciated)
Well, my problem is the only advice I coudl give is don't pick SS.

Now, idk if you can have KI U, but I think this is one you might look for.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Splatoon was a step in the right direction, in my opinion. The game feels like a proper Nintendo game despite being a new franchise. It also feels, pardon the in game pun, fresh. This game is what happens when NoJ lets their young developers make the type of games that they want to. If Miyamoto's comments are anything to go by, we might actually see more of this in the future.

"And so we've had a lot of opportunity to train the staff that we have, and we have a lot of examples of new projects, like the game that we just released, called Splatoon. Splatoon is a very good example because it used to be that I had many different teams that I could go to when I had an idea for a game that I wanted to make, and I would bring that idea and they would make the game. But Splatoon was an example of one of those younger teams coming up with an idea of a game they wanted to make and the senior leadership supporting them in making the game they wanted to make. And so we're at a point where we're starting to see that transition and seeing the benefits from that."

http://www.npr.org/sections/alltech...on-the-origins-of-nintendos-famous-characters

Nintendo subsidiaries in Japan, such as Monolithsoft and Intelligent Systems, are doing fine as is.
Splatoon was a good step, but that was one studio. Dang near all of Nintendo's central Kyoto game development division needs change. And again, I am talking about the centralized teams, namely the EAD teams. Monolith Soft and Intelligent Games are in that sense separate. They're like separate cultures, and they're honestly doing fine (although for some reason everyone in Xenoblade Chronicles X has the same face as Michael Jackson and the story being pretty lacking).

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
that's not even a spoiler
a spoiler would be saying that like aqua and kamui were the same person all along or something
that's not a spoiler btw

just like talking about gameplay mechanics isn't a spoiler
Has it been announced in a trailer? Is it something I could guess? Actually probably on that second one, knowing the Japanese, but in case you weren't aware, you couldn't pair up Chrom and Lissa in Awakening due to their sibling status. The fact that you're saying they can is potentially giving up a plot point.

EDIT: I suppose the avatar supports with everyone and Chrom didn't, but still.

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Huh, I didn't know Geno was in Mega Man! ;) It does kinda look like him doesn't it??

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Yo, Balloon Fight > Most NES games

Lets. Be. Real. Here.

That's probably my favorite NES game. I always have fun when i play it. And this is coming from someone who doesn't play games to have fun.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Well, my problem is the only advice I coudl give is don't pick SS.

Now, idk if you can have KI U, but I think this is one you might look for.
Don't have enough for KI:U, unfortunately, but I appreciate the advice nevertheless. :)

Why are we still talking about Geno? Can someone, probably @Roger Smith because he knows .gifs so well, post the Mean Girls "fetch" never going to happen quote but with Geno over it? And make like Sakurai saying it. Because that needs to happen right about now...

You're welcome

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
why people are literally speechless when talking to me?

is my avatar THAT gorgeous?

:)

EDIT: for those who don;t get it, the post above had glitched with the quote, it happened twice now :)

Last edited:

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

That was my bad lol, the text I'd typed out mysteriously disappeared and I didn't realize it before posting. It's fixed now though.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
The problem is, Geno isn't a name that's going to sell games. If Nintendo don't attempt to buy popular IPs like Banjo-Kazooie and Conker who are part of the canon Mario universe then they aren't going to worry about buying Geno.
I always forget that Banjo and Conker are a part of the Mario universe.
While Mario is fighting Bowser, Conker is fighting the Great Mighty Poo.

I was thinking of getting into the Harvest Moon series, any particular game you would recommend?

Also, Happy Birthday, Sonic. You've had your ups and downs, but you'll always remain my favorite video game character and franchise.

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325

EDIT: for those who don;t get it, the post above had glitched with the quote, it happened twice now :)
AAAAYY

You made an unintended pun! Your avatar is Paper Mario, and you said "is it that gorgeous". hey gorgeous is the font used in Paper Mario! but you already knew that

hahahahaaha

hahaha
ha

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
AAAAYY

You made an unintended pun! Your avatar is Paper Mario, and you said "is it that gorgeous". hey gorgeous is the font used in Paper Mario! but you already knew that

hahahahaaha

hahaha
ha
no, you completely screwed the things :)

Hey gorgoeus is the pun because the whole point of the font is to actually be gorgeous hence its name.

The reaosns I say gorgeous so much is because tbh, that;s kinda the point of the artstyle of Paper Mario, to look good in an attractive way.

There's no pun here :)

Chrono.

Fire Emblem Fates spoilers (kinda image heavy)

Aqua's son: Shigure

Kaze's daughter: Midoriko

Ryouma's son: Shinonome

Takumi's son: Kisaragi

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
fire emblem fates lets you undress people and have children with your siblings

i don't even have a response for this
Each day I want to avoid FE Fates even more and more. I get that it's optional... but it's honestly kind of weird and completely out of place in a game like FE. It's kinda disturbing honestly.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I was quite different, I really liked Buffy and Angel's relationship, and part of my fear when watching Buffy's first 3 Seasons (because I knew Angel got span off before starting) was that taking such a strong character out of Buffy might dilute it, and having Angel be in a show without Buffy didn't sit right (until I saw Angel obviously). A lot of people hate Angel Season 4 but I actually enjoyed it quite a bit, it was Buffy Season 6 that had a quality dip IMO, I never liked Willow that much so having her be such a strong focus in that season was a little disappointing after how strong the show had been up until then (and after). The only character I actively disliked in either show was Gunn though, he was disloyal, arrogant and selfish.

I always say that if a show can make me sad when a character dies, they're doing something right. When characters in Buffy and Angel die, it was like losing a real person. That's how good those shows are to me. Even Lyndsey. Angel holds the distinction of being the only TV show to ever make me cry, and it did it 3 times. Man tears.
Angel season 5 is one of my favorites seasons of anything in television. The Spike/Angel banter was gold.

Joss' stint writing Astonishing X-Men (the first arc of which were made into a motion comic) was great as well. Wolverine and Cyclops were basically an extension of that Spike/Angel dynamic, and Buffy was always a bit of a Kitty Pryde expy.

Here's (part 1 of) the comic by the way.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Angel season 5 is one of my favorites seasons of anything in television. The Spike/Angel banter was gold.

Joss' stint writing Astonishing X-Men (the first arc of which were made into a motion comic) was great as well. Wolverine and Cyclops were basically an extension of that Spike/Angel dynamic, and Buffy was always a bit of a Kitty Pryde expy.

Here's (part 1 of) the comic by the way.

I love Season 5 a lot too. It could be the overall best season out of either Buffy or Angel for sure. My only issue with it is the lack of Cordy.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Is there proof of people undressing FE characters yet?

Can I have proof of that?

Khoru

Smash Champion
at least anna is cute
(watch that be another inexplicably identical character)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Why do so many people have white hair?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom