• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Nintendo AND Squeenix have thought Geno was useless for a decade now. Why would they randomly change their mind?

And we know the poll isn't official, but it still proves Paper Mario is more popular than Geno. Also, PM sort of does affects Geno's chances because Geno's only appearance was in the Mario series.

And for your last paragraph? SMRPG wasn't important at all. Yeah, it was their first RPG. That's IT. We don't need a 3rd Mario? Well, we don't need Geno.

You could say Geno isn't original because he's a doll that came to life, a thing that's been made at least 1000 times in games.
Because they can listent to their fans sometimes and Geno wasn't useless in SMRPG he did a great job their the only problem that made Geno disappear is the copyright issue but alphadrem can fix this and smash too

Paper Mario,metal Mario ,paint Mario , cat Mario are popular because they are MARIO it's like your saying Mario is popular than Geno wich everyone knows about this already Mario is the most popular video game character but do we really need more than 2 Mario's? No stick with the original because he is the best and he still doesn't hurt Geno chances as long as he is the most requested square Enix character

SMRPG wasn't important at all??? Oh should I copy and paste the same thing again because you want to ignore my reasons

Geno is original because he is a star spirit and not a doll like Pinocchio and can you name another video game character before Geno that made the same thing as Geno exactly did

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Hey guys, what was that "awesome" announcement that was being teased for that tournament? Something really boring, I'm guessing, right?

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Hey guys, what was that "awesome" announcement that was being teased for that tournament? Something really boring, I'm guessing, right?
CEO starts this weekend, so I assume we'll figure it out in a few days. But yeah, it's probably nothing major.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
All of this Geno discussion makes me realize that I take back everything I said the other day about being able to look back on the Brawl hype fondly.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Because they can listent to their fans sometimes and Geno wasn't useless in SMRPG he did a great job their the only problem that made Geno disappear is the copyright issue but alphadrem can fix this and smash too

Paper Mario,metal Mario ,paint Mario , cat Mario are popular because they are MARIO it's like your saying Mario is popular than Geno wich everyone knows about this already Mario is the most popular video game character but do we really need more than 2 Mario's? No stick with the original because he is the best and he still doesn't hurt Geno chances as long as he is the most requested square Enix character

SMRPG wasn't important at all??? Oh should I copy and paste the same thing again because you want to ignore my reasons

Geno is original because he is a star spirit and not a doll like Pinocchio and can you name another video game character before Geno that made the same thing as Geno exactly did
You know

I'm just stopping here. Your whole argument is based off of "what if" and while some of my points are highly exaggerated, at least they have some merit to them.

once you get facts and merit then talk to me. for now, I'm done since the last 10 pages have been about Geno.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Why are we still talking about Geno? Can someone, probably @ Tree Gelbman Tree Gelbman because he knows .gifs so well, post the Mean Girls "fetch" never going to happen quote but with Geno over it? And make like Sakurai saying it. Because that needs to happen right about now...

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Games playable at launch? Don't be so silly.

People LOVE spending out money for a product they can't use.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It's funny because you could replace "Geno" with any other character and you'd have speculation in a nutshell.

Soul.

Character discussion is what I don't like about speculation. Sure, it is nice and all, but why bother if it will always lead to arguments.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I don't know why they don't just dump a ton of NES, SNES, and N64 games on the Virtual Console. There's zero reason that 1st/2nd party games on the Wii Virtual Console aren't for sale for the Wii U Virtual Console. They've had 3+ years to prepare to do this, and they clearly didn't.

Literally every Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, Star Fox, Yoshi, Wario Land, Wario Ware, Pilotwings, F-Zero, etc. game from that era should be on the Virtual Console. There's no excuse not to.
This, plus GameCube digital games (VC would be a misnomer there as Wii U technically already has the hardware so there's no need to emulate). Honestly just do that and maybe more HD remasters and I'm trading in my old Wii.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I'm looking at the character descriptions for Fire Emblem Fates on Serene's Forest right now. While there are many new looking and interesting characters, there are some that are complete rehashes from Awakening, namely these:
Lazward is literally Inigo, and Luna is literally Severa.

It doesn't help that their art uses the same color for hair since the styles are the same. Both Inigo and Severa's hair color is varied by the players choice in Awakening.

....unless this is intentional, which I do not understand why it would be.

EDIT: Shoot, Odin might as well be Owain, also.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Yeah, I saw a few episodes of Buffy way back but didn't get into Buffy and Angel until a few years back and I've been pretty much obsessed ever since. I never liked Angel's character much within Buffy, but he really shines on his own show. And yeah, the entire show is great, but especially that early part of Angel is my favorite part. Buffy still has a bit more of my love, but Angel is fantastic as well.

Also agreed re: Doyle's death: I'm pretty sure Joss killed him off for the sake of shock value. He's a big fan of that type of character death. I'm forever bitter about that happening to Tara. :(
I was quite different, I really liked Buffy and Angel's relationship, and part of my fear when watching Buffy's first 3 Seasons (because I knew Angel got span off before starting) was that taking such a strong character out of Buffy might dilute it, and having Angel be in a show without Buffy didn't sit right (until I saw Angel obviously). A lot of people hate Angel Season 4 but I actually enjoyed it quite a bit, it was Buffy Season 6 that had a quality dip IMO, I never liked Willow that much so having her be such a strong focus in that season was a little disappointing after how strong the show had been up until then (and after). The only character I actively disliked in either show was Gunn though, he was disloyal, arrogant and selfish.

I always say that if a show can make me sad when a character dies, they're doing something right. When characters in Buffy and Angel die, it was like losing a real person. That's how good those shows are to me. Even Lyndsey. Angel holds the distinction of being the only TV show to ever make me cry, and it did it 3 times. Man tears.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
here;s a problem: it;s actually easier to emulate GC on WiiU than another system if the other system uses a modern architecture.

Reasons: try to emulate GC on your pc....it's resources heavy. A WiiU sharing the same architecture has much less trouble.

They really can do it, I just don;t know why they don;t do it.
It's actually alot easier than that. The Wii U is Backwards Compatible with the Wii. Since the Wii is just a more powerfull Gamecube with the exact same architecture (similar to the GBC) you can technically run GC software without emulation (Ala Nintendont or Devolution). You could technically say then that the Wii U is backwards compatible with the Gamecube. Its just not enabled natively be Nintendo. Its very similar to how the GBA games work on 3DS. The hardware is just in a modified DS mode and is interpreting the GBA games. So, Nintendo could technically have GC VC on the eShop by running it similarly to Wii eShop titles via a Virtual Machine or Interpreter.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
It's actually alot easier than that. The Wii U is Backwards Compatible with the Wii. Since the Wii is just a more powerfull Gamecube with the exact same architecture (similar to the GBC) you can technically run GC software without emulation (Ala Nintendont or Devolution). You could technically say then that the Wii U is backwards compatible with the Gamecube. Its just not enabled natively be Nintendo. Its very similar to how the GBA games work on 3DS. The hardware is just in a modified DS mode and is interpreting the GBA games. So, Nintendo could technically have GC VC on the eShop by running it similarly to Wii eShop titles via a Virtual Machine or Interpreter.
literally a vm?

ok now I don't understand nintendo :(

it;s like, they have great quality, they just are weird when it comes to showing them.....

Like a vm, this is MUCH better than emulation, it;s like mostly hardware and a little part software. I run a windows 7 vm by using one partition of my disc, it takes as much ram as I want.

This is really not hard for the system to run a vm.....

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Character discussion is what I don't like about speculation. Sure, it is nice and all, but why bother if it will always lead to arguments.
Discussion is healthy and fun. The best part about being part of a community like this is discussing characters, their chances and whatnot. If we all agreed then it would be boring.

Arguments and discussions aren't the same thing. I don't think anyone here is arguing. Arguing IMO is when you're getting nasty, flaming or insulting someone.

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
fire emblem fates lets you undress people and have children with your siblings

i don't even have a response for this

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627

It's for the people in Alabama.

If you're from Alabama, i mean no offense, just a playful joke

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Well to be fair shippers already did that and then some.
Consider it pandering to the base.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Why are we still talking about Geno? Can someone, probably @ Tree Gelbman Tree Gelbman because he knows .gifs so well, post the Mean Girls "fetch" never going to happen quote but with Geno over it? And make like Sakurai saying it. Because that needs to happen right about now...
I just know .gifs and how to use them.

Not how to make them.

Still sexy though.

Seriously though. Please drop the Geno. Think of my future possibly adopted children.

Ivander

Smash Legend
fire emblem fates lets you undress people
So could Xenoblade(and basically any game with customizable armor like MMOs). And in Xenoblade, you could have each character talk to each other in the buff.
and have children with your siblings
Supposedly, according to Sakura and SerenesForest, Kamui had a different father and was supposedly taken in by Mikoto. It's still unconfirmed if Mikoto is Kamui's actual mother. Regardless...

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So, since Ryu was just released. Do you guys expect more 3rd Party characters?

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It's the problem of not having a unified and monitored system. I personally love open platforms, and I much prefer Android to IoS because of this. It can, however, lead to almost unlimited shovelware.

It's one of the reasons dedicated video game consoles are great ideas.

Let's not forget that this little image:

practically saved the video game industry at one point.
That imagine means nothing to me since Nintendo put that on packages of Ice Climber. Even as a toddler I knew that game sucked lmao.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
euh.... @ epicmartin7 epicmartin7 are you speechless or soemthing?
Sorry, I only have my 3DS available and it keeps on glitching out. Sorry If I seemed creepy XD.
EDIT: I tried a long explaination. Glitched out, didn't go through. Here's the short version:I was basically going to respond to you, didn't go through. I changed it to a different post as I didn't want to seem weird. Sorry XD.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
So, since Ryu was just released. Do you guys expect more 3rd Party characters
Expect, no.

But I find the idea of more to be plausible. Namely Rayman and Spyro. Though that's apparently not a popular opinion.

That imagine means nothing to me since Nintendo put that on packages of Ice Climber. Even as a toddler I knew that game sucked lmao.
You know I was under the impression that the Ice Climber game sucked too, but me and my brother played it on 3DS (Ambassador) 2 player via download play and we had an absolute blast.

Last edited:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

"Finally I can ship all of the waifus and husbandos!"

My only problem now is you can't make babies with male on male or female on female pairings...

...And the worst part about that statement is I don't know if I'm joking or not.

HALP! I'VE FALLEN FIRE EMBLEM'D AND I CAN'T GET UP!!!

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Oh, by the way, @Neo Zero , if you're still wondering what the Club Nintendo reward options are, you can see them all here.

(And if anyone wants to look at that and help advise me on how I might spend my last 520 coins that would be much appreciated)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
You know I was under the impression that the Ice Climber game sucked too, but me and my brother played it on 3DS (Ambassador) 2 player via download play and we had an absolute blast.
The controls are bad and the point of it is dumb.

Honestly if you want ice/water themed NES multiplayer, play Balloon Fight. That game is super legit to play multiplayer on.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

Honestly if you want ice/water themed NES multiplayer, play Balloon Fight. That game is super legit to play multiplayer on.
We tried that too but didn't find it as fun. Ice Climber was super whacky, we were in hysterics the whole time.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

@ TheAnvil TheAnvil knows. He's the biggest balloon fight fan I know, lol.

Who wants to help me develop a joust/balloon fighter clone indie game? Why hasn't that happened yet? Has it?

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I'm just "meh" on almost everything Ice Climbers tbh.

Was never a big fan of their game, and never really cared for them in Smash. Their music is pretty catchy, though.

No geno allowed! A slightly less lazy photoshop ;) (Paint.net actually)
Thanks for putting my attempt to shame. :laugh:

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9

bruh.

Seriously, spoilers. I understand that this is going to be difficult to avoid for the next half a year or more but c'mon.. It hasn't even been released yet!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
We Jugdral now
To quote the Jugdral shipping Bible:
"Why get a blister when you got your sister?"
"Why have a lover when you got your brother?"
"Why get a date when you got your cousin Kate?"
"Why leave your home when you got your Uncle Jerome?"
Games playable at launch? Don't be so silly.

People LOVE spending out money for a product they can't use.
Hey man, I love the Ouya I don't actually have. :smirk:

Khoru

Smash Champion
bruh.

Seriously, spoilers. I understand that this is going to be difficult to avoid for the next half a year or more but c'mon.. It hasn't even been released yet!
that's not even a spoiler
a spoiler would be saying that like aqua and kamui were the same person all along or something
that's not a spoiler btw

just like talking about gameplay mechanics isn't a spoiler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom