• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Astral Chain got me won over easily...but I still need Bayonetta 3

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I'd say it's more like Hogwarts because there's three houses, like how Hogwarts had four.

Beacon Acadamy doesn't have houses, instead just separating every group of four into teams, so if you count that, there'd be like, fifty dozen "houses" or something like that. And that's not even counting visitors from other regions once that fighting tournament gets close to happening.
I feel like teaching method is more important than class organization here.

Hogwarts is a place that would have been (almost) entirely safe, reasonable, and measured were it not for Voldemort constantly screwing with things during the years Harry Potter was there. Beacon Academy is on all kinds of dangerous live combat insanity. Compare Khadein and this new monastery school to both and. . .

Well I'm just saying you can have two schools sitting you with the Hufflepuffs and one giving you a group table but if one of the house schools is bookish and the two remaining schools in the analogy both have you hitting live wolverines with baseball bats which ones are you going to be more likely to compare in practice?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I feel like teaching method is more important than class organization here.

Hogwarts is a place that would have been (almost) entirely safe, reasonable, and measured were it not for Voldemort constantly screwing with things during the years Harry Potter was there.
I blame Dumbledore for always hiring someone evil for the job of teaching students how to defend themselves against the dark arts. :p

Beacon Academy is on all kinds of dangerous live combat insanity. Compare Khadein and this new monastery school to both and. . .

Well I'm just saying you can have two schools sitting you with the Hufflepuffs and one giving you a group table but if one of the house schools is bookish and the two remaining schools in the analogy both have you hitting live wolverines with baseball bats which ones are you going to be more likely to compare in practice?
So basically, you're saying the structure of the school is Hogwarts (with houses and stuffs), but the overall experience is like Beacon?

... I can honestly see that.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
No New Guidances for dlc fighters = Depression Now Arrived

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
This game really does have some very pretty environments.
- I decided to rework my party a bit since I wasn't completely happy with how they were performing. So the Protector gets replaced with a Hero, since the Hero's Shield skills are a workable replacement for stuff like Front Guard, and they're more versatile when you don't need constant defending (which you don't with something like a Ninja) - but I'll probably stick a Protector subclass on someone when I get that, just to have access to elemental Wall skills. And the Imperial gets replaced with a Gunner, so I have better access to binds and healing. I kept their portraits, though. :p

- Speaking of Heroes, they're quite strong and I'm almost regretting bringing one now. Spark Blade in particular just makes a joke of most random encounters. Especially ones where the enemies have high physical resistance, since that just makes the attack stronger (it deals two hits, the first being a Cut attack, and the second being a Volt attack that gets stronger if the enemy is resistant to Cut). Plus the Afterimage mechanic means they essentially get two moves every other turn. They're very useful.

- The amount and ordering of dungeons is a bit disorienting. I'm about 10 hours in and still only at areas like Waterfall Wood, which are the beginner areas in past games. It just kind of feels like I should be further along than I am by now, and makes progress feel a bit slow, even though in terms of time played I'm about where I should be at.

- Petrified Frogs are hilarious to look at. They look like you froze them just as they realised what was happening, and now they're stuck in this permanent state of shock until you kill them.
- also Citra finally got a proper screenshot function, thank the gods, now I can screenshot other games like this too

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I change my mind. Monsters Inc arc is the best.
I dunno who that guy was, but Sully totally just yeeted him into a door.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So I made the mistake of reading a couple of Twitter comments on the Direct and I

LOL just because you didn't like most of the games announced in the Direct doesn't mean literally only the games you did like were announced in the Direct

No, no really, that's how they're putting it almost verbatim I'm not even joking LOL

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Sakurai's latest column basically ruled out Guidances for the Fighter Pass characters.
Piranha Plant was developed during the base game when the other guidances were made. Fighter’s Pass characters are not the same case.
I see. That’s not shocking.

There was plenty to suggest plant was made during base game.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
*See slopes added to Super Mario Maker 2*

I don't need it.

*See the new Super Mario 3D World theme*

I don't need it...

*See that you might make different goal for the level you make, like collecting a certain amount of coins to end the level*

I definitely don't need it.......

*See that you might play as different character than Mario and even play mutliplayers with your friends.*
C8s4WwtXsAAn3ks.jpg

...Man, I need it, I need to have this game right now in my hands.
C6mHSQRWgAIq8vL (1).jpg

I.NEED.IT.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Dragon Quest 11 S is basically the console version of DQ11 with all the 3DS stuff added in, plus an Orchestral Score. I'm sold.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Anyone else hyped for Silksong? People were excited for DLC, then it turns out it is a whole new game? I’m super excited.

D

Deleted member

I am back.
This game really does have some very pretty environments.

- I decided to rework my party a bit since I wasn't completely happy with how they were performing. So the Protector gets replaced with a Hero, since the Hero's Shield skills are a workable replacement for stuff like Front Guard, and they're more versatile when you don't need constant defending (which you don't with something like a Ninja) - but I'll probably stick a Protector subclass on someone when I get that, just to have access to elemental Wall skills. And the Imperial gets replaced with a Gunner, so I have better access to binds and healing. I kept their portraits, though. :p

- Speaking of Heroes, they're quite strong and I'm almost regretting bringing one now. Spark Blade in particular just makes a joke of most random encounters. Especially ones where the enemies have high physical resistance, since that just makes the attack stronger (it deals two hits, the first being a Cut attack, and the second being a Volt attack that gets stronger if the enemy is resistant to Cut). Plus the Afterimage mechanic means they essentially get two moves every other turn. They're very useful.

- The amount and ordering of dungeons is a bit disorienting. I'm about 10 hours in and still only at areas like Waterfall Wood, which are the beginner areas in past games. It just kind of feels like I should be further along than I am by now, and makes progress feel a bit slow, even though in terms of time played I'm about where I should be at.

- Petrified Frogs are hilarious to look at. They look like you froze them just as they realised what was happening, and now they're stuck in this permanent state of shock until you kill them.

- also Citra finally got a proper screenshot function, thank the gods, now I can screenshot other games like this too
Ooo Pokémon Snap HD looks fun.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Anyone else hyped for Silksong? People were excited for DLC, then it turns out it is a whole new game? I’m super excited.
Honestly hope this becomes a sort of franchise for them. Playable Hornet looks so good, and she's even got her boss moves. I hope we get to fight Hollow Knight as a secret boss somewhere.

D

Deleted member

*See slopes added to Super Mario Maker 2*

I don't need it.

*See the new Super Mario 3D World theme*

I don't need it...

*See that you might make different goal for the level you make, like collecting a certain amount of coins to end the level*

I definitely don't need it.......

*See that you might play as different character than Mario and even play mutliplayers with your friends.*
View attachment 192448
...Man, I need it, I need to have this game right now in my hands.
View attachment 192451
I.NEED.IT.
I am an expert at making Mario Maker levels. I will try yours ASAP.
My list of levels I have to try is where Idon plans on making a level where the exit is right there, but you have to get the coin in order to pass the level. The coin is really far away.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrono.

I'm super excited for someone who is unable to finish Hollow Knight atm due to a crippling arachnophobia (thanks Deepnest.)

D

Deleted member

How is everyone?
I hope everyone is having a good day.
Also play my Mario Maker 2 levels.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Happy valentine's day, you wonderful beings.

Also, who here follows Overwatch League? I'm getting so hyped for the 2nd season, premiering tonight. #GoFusionGo

D

Deleted member

Martinet sent this and I feel happy.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

Ivander

Smash Legend
Nice. If you had to pick a favorite team, which one would it be?
Last time I watched, I think it was around when the Genji and Tracer skins were around. I can't quite remember which team, but there was a team that had a pretty good Doomfist that I was really enjoyed watching. I think it was either the Pacific team, one of the other Red colored teams or London Spitfire.

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Nice. If you had to pick a favorite team, which one would it be?

Nice! I don't think I have you on Blizzard rn. Who are your mains?
Man, I haven't played since Moira was released but from what I remember, I used to play Zenyatta, Winston, and Moira a lot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom