• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Is it bad that I know it was Opossum that changed the thread title because no one else would even remember Khadein was a thing?

Hell there's only two people in this thread that remember Merric is a thing most of the time and I'm one of them.

*EDIT* Actually, that aside the thread title is also wrong. Khadein is FE Hogwarts but the new game seems more like that RWBY school than anything.

Last edited:

Chrono.

DxM frame rate kinda tanks at the gigant fights so I hope they address that because otherwise the game fills that mecha void in my heart.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Edelgard and Claude are gonna be the only people players will support in Three Houses

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Is it bad that I know it was Opossum that changed the thread title because no one else would even remember Khadein was a thing?

Hell there's only two people in this thread that remember Merric is a thing most of the time and I'm one of them.

*EDIT* Actually, that aside the thread title is also wrong. Khadein is FE Hogwarts but the new game seems more like that RWBY school than anything.
I remember Merric every time I send home units in FEH; he's a consistent source of feathers.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Heyo fam.

Direct thoughts.

Mario Maker 2 is an awesome announcement. It feels more like a Mario Maker Deluxe from the trailer, but we'll see what they added in. Also seems like a slow burn. Figure it'll get more hype after release.

Joker arriving sometime in the next two months is awesome. A 3.0 announcement with negligible reveals is not. To be fair, Smash likes stealing the show, and I expect to hear more in its own thing. Just ain't much yet to say.

Ambivalent on Three Houses so far. Mechanics seem interesting, no complaints there, but barely a sniff of any central conflict and no real way to gauge writing or level design - whether they've learned from their Fates mistakes, basically - means I'm still wary until I know more. Might be wary right up until it releases. Don't mind me.

Link's Awakening Switch has me...half-giddy. On the one hand, it's a nostalgia bomb for me; I'm pretty sure LA was the game I burnt through more Game Boy batteries with than anything else. On the other, I've been here before, multiple times. It'll be fun to go back, and I'm especially glad more people have the opportunity to try it, looks charming in the re-do, all good things. But it'll have to wow me some more before I get all antsy about it.

Astral Chain looks interesting. Could take or leave the voiceover besides setting the tone (could probably make a drinking game outta the trailer and the Cyberpunk Tropes list) but the gameplay looks gorgeous. If it controls half as well - and this is Platinum we're talking about, it damn well should - I'm in for a round.

FFIX dropping outta the blue is awesome. FFIX dropping before FFVII is better. More people need to play that game, and now it doesn't have to share screen time with its angsty older bro.

Bloodstained wowed me way more than I thought it would. I'm gonna get a hand on that.

Release date for Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon makes me squee. And, judging by the coverage, me alone.

Who the **** put a Tsum Tsum game in here.

All in all a solid Direct but not the kinda thing that's gonna distract my mind too much.

That's bout all from me. Gonna go watch a video on how to cook steak and play an MMO now.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
When is Deltarune Chapter One's release for the Switch.
February 28th; you can pre-load it now if you look under the Coming Soon menu. (I did; I figured I was going to play it anyway, and it's not like it costs anything)

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
not a big fan of FE still doing a whole "the chosen one! youu!!!!" thing with the avatar.

Chrono.

Heyo fam.

Direct thoughts.

Mario Maker 2 is an awesome announcement. It feels more like a Mario Maker Deluxe from the trailer, but we'll see what they added in. Also seems like a slow burn. Figure it'll get more hype after release.

Joker arriving sometime in the next two months is awesome. A 3.0 announcement with negligible reveals is not. To be fair, Smash likes stealing the show, and I expect to hear more in its own thing. Just ain't much yet to say.

Ambivalent on Three Houses so far. Mechanics seem interesting, no complaints there, but barely a sniff of any central conflict and no real way to gauge writing or level design - whether they've learned from their Fates mistakes, basically - means I'm still wary until I know more. Might be wary right up until it releases. Don't mind me.

Link's Awakening Switch has me...half-giddy. On the one hand, it's a nostalgia bomb for me; I'm pretty sure LA was the game I burnt through more Game Boy batteries with than anything else. On the other, I've been here before, multiple times. It'll be fun to go back, and I'm especially glad more people have the opportunity to try it, looks charming in the re-do, all good things. But it'll have to wow me some more before I get all antsy about it.

Astral Chain looks interesting. Could take or leave the voiceover besides setting the tone (could probably make a drinking game outta the trailer and the Cyberpunk Tropes list) but the gameplay looks gorgeous. If it controls half as well - and this is Platinum we're talking about, it damn well should - I'm in for a round.

FFIX dropping outta the blue is awesome. FFIX dropping before FFVII is better. More people need to play that game, and now it doesn't have to share screen time with its angsty older bro.

Bloodstained wowed me way more than I thought it would. I'm gonna get a hand on that.

Release date for Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon makes me squee. And, judging by the coverage, me alone.

Who the **** put a Tsum Tsum game in here.

All in all a solid Direct but not the kinda thing that's gonna distract my mind too much.

That's bout all from me. Gonna go watch a video on how to cook steak and play an MMO now.
I'd argue Mario Maker 2 makes the first game look like a tech demo honestly.

They added way more than I ever expected any port or even sequel to do.

Although I hope SMB 2/USA still makes it in somehow.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

I saw slopes and cat bells.

What'd I miss?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Yeah I read a YouTube comment and they pointed out like 50 new things in the game.

I was like holy ****. It looks so fun

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Yoooo am I the only one who's P hyped for Yoshi's crafted world? I have a soft spot for charming platformers like this ones and having just played the demo, it seems like it'll be really fun.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Yoooo am I the only one who's P hyped for Yoshi's crafted world? I have a soft spot for charming platformers like this ones and having just played the demo, it seems like it'll be really fun.
If you have to ask if you're the only one who's hyped for something Yoshi related, then you and I have not met :yoshi:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well, I'd say the Direct was mixed for me: it had some good stuff, but there was also stuff I wasn't as interested in, quite honestly. Most notably, here were my five highlights:

1: Super Mario Maker 2:

This was by far my favorite announcement in the Direct and it was literally the perfect way to kick off a Direct. What's even better about it was that they showed off slopes, which was one of the most requested features from the original game: guess they heard us in a way after all? :p

Beyond that, the addition of new enemies, a Super Mario 3D world style, and other various elements is awesome, although I still wonder if they're going to add stuff like the Ice Flower and Tanooki Suit as I didn't see those power-ups at all in the trailer... but we'll see. Either way, it's looking very promising so far!

2: Smash Bros DLC Update:

While it was nice to see Smash, being teased with an announcement and not saying anything wasn't amazing to endure, but I got through it either way. In addition, Joker's model in general is looking pretty sweet (I still need to consider playing Persona 5) and I'm fascinated to know what else is hiding behind Version 3.0... I'm personally hoping for Stage Builder, Home Run Contest, and a Smash Run-esque mode or some sort of mode where you can fight enemies. Regardless, here's hoping we get a Smash Direct on all this stuff soon!

3: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

This game surprised me, although with what King Zell was saying, I did have it in the back in my mind... and I'm quite fascinated! We'll see how I feel once the game releases as I might give it a try having not played the original.

4: Rune Factory 4

This game was literally the game that got me laughing after I saw the marriage sequence near the end... literally the last thing I expected to see despite having heard of Rune Factory on a few occasions. Regardless, this and the 5th game might interest me in the future: we shall see!

5: Daemon x Machina Update:

This game did interest me somewhat back at E3 and my interest did go up a bit more upon seeing it mentioned again. We'll see if I decide to get it later, though.

That's about it from me: I'd give the Direct a 6/10 to 7/10 and no higher then that (so at most a 7 and at the minimal a 6).

Last edited:

Chrono.

I saw slopes and cat bells.

What'd I miss?
Other than those you got: multiple playable characters, bunch of new enemies including the Angry Sun, variable water levels, new level themes, 3D World style, clear pipes, strong hints of multiplayer, Yoshi, being able to decide where the camera scrolls to, lots of new utility blocks, snake blocks, mini bosses like Boom Boom and probably more I'm missing.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Honestly I agree it's closer to RWBY, but Hogwarts Emblem has already taken off as the fan name so I have to stick with it. :p

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Caught up with the direct. Oninaki and Astral Chain look cool af. FE:TH continues to look promising, Links Awakening remake was probably my favorite part of the direct!

Also nice for FF9 to be dropping. That game to be one of my most favorite video game ever since childhood!

Fubuki from One Punch. I thought you weebs would know this stuff. :p
Someone else is on that OPM manga, eh?

Nice avatar choice there. Fubuki is bae indeed.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
If you are with bae on this day and says 4/4 is her favorite time signature then dump her right on the spot.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

*Meanwhile, at Marvel Entertaiment*
>Marvel's president: Ok guys, so it has been a while since we started resurrecting the Fantastic Four on January, what have each one of you done regarding them?

>Dan Slott: Well, I am glad to share that my run of the First Family is being well-received overall, and the sales of the book are nice. Things are fine regarding comics.

>Marvel Social Media: We made a big event online called "Fantastic Four Week", which brought more interest towards the team in general. It was well received. We also streamed some episodes of the 90s cartoon.

>Netmarble: We made a huge update based on the F4 for Future Fight, which many players enjoyed a lot.

>Kabam: We are slowly introducing each member of the team in the roster and lore of Contest Of Champions. The Thing and Silver Surfer are present already and we plan to add more.

>FoxNet: We added a Doctor Doom quest in Strike Force. There are plans for more Fantastic Four content in the future.

>Puzzle Quest devs: we made a huge update based on the legacy of the team and Namor. It was received decently.

>Marvel HQ: We published on our YouTube channel during Fantastic Four Week many episodes of World's Greatest Heroes, which many fans consider the best Fantastic Four series. We also made them available worldwide.

>Marvel Studios: after the purchase of Fox, we are finally testing the waters for the F4 content in the MCU through the Skrulls in Captain Marvel. We hope that we do a job that gets liked a lot.

>Insomniac: To celebrate the history between Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four, we added to Spider-Man PS4 two important suits from the most beloved stories shared by both characters. People liked Bagman a lot!

>Tt Games/Warner: We are releasing a bundle of every LEGO Marvel game with every DLC included. The Fantastic Four are in the first game.

>Marvel President: Well... I like what I hear a lot. I'm sure that things won't get bad anytime so-

*Ultimate Alliance 3 devs crash the door*

>UA3 Devs: Yo what's up fellow kids!? Sorry for being completely gone since December and skipping a big month for the company. HERE'S CAPTAIN MARVEL AND FOUR OTHER CHARACTERS THAT EVERYONE AND THEIR PARENTS EXPECTED BEFORE WE EVEN MADE THE GAME OFFICIAL!!! ISN'T THAT COOL MARVEL STUDIOS!?

*Insert Spider-Man facepalm here*

>Marvel Studios: No... It isn't. And you didn't even add the Skrulls...

Last edited by a moderator:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Caught up with the direct. Oninaki and Astral Chain look cool af. FE:TH continues to look promising, Links Awakening remake was probably my favorite part of the direct!

Also nice for FF9 to be dropping. That game to be one of my most favorite video game ever since childhood!

Someone else is on that OPM manga, eh?

Nice avatar choice there. Fubuki is bae indeed.
Fubuki is best OPM girl

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
My thoughts on the Direct:

-6/10 "Too much anime JRPG"
-bad Direct

the end.

-Alright just kidding lol, right at the beginning I was absolutely not surprised that they announced Super Mario Maker 2. Interesting how they add Super Mario 3D World's Cat Mario in as well.
- Rune Factory 4 is coming to Switch with 5 in development, this basically means that: It's safe to say 3DS is pretty much "dead" and you will see many 3DS titles coming to Switch later down the line. Rune Factory is like Dragon Quest, it's a very popular JRPG title but pretty lack of popularity in the west.
- Yes, more Dragon Quest games! Dragon Quest Builders 2 looks great, but I still need to get the first one.
- Dragon Quest XI S makes the PS4, 3DS and PC versions look like beta versions lol, hopefully the game which was literally the first Switch game to be announced for the system to be released this year. And I won't be surprised if the Switch DQ 11 easily become the best selling one.
- Fire Emblem Three Houses basically what if Fire Emblem blends the Hogwarts school system... my FE fan brother complaints how the game character designs don't look "hot" enough though lol.
- Daemon X Machina, gonna play the demo... nuff said.
- Astrial Chain, like many people the trailer fooled me that this is the next Xenoblade game... but hey Platinum Games finally have a new IP coming to Switch. I really hope this wasn't the cause for Platinum Games dropping Grand Blue Fantasy Re Link development though...

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I'd say it's more like Hogwarts because there's three houses, like how Hogwarts had four.

Beacon Acadamy doesn't have houses, instead just separating every group of four into teams, so if you count that, there'd be like, fifty dozen "houses" or something like that. And that's not even counting visitors from other regions once that fighting tournament gets close to happening.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom