• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>Goes out to pay bills
>Literally every single woman out there is wearing short skirts and heels today.

And people say this day is sad :ultpiranha:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yo I was on the bus today and I heard some guy talking about how he was cheesed that Twilight Princess had no representation in Smash and how he thinks TP is superior to OoT.

This might be the first time I've ever heard someone talk about Smash Bros on the bus lol.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yo I was on the bus today and I heard some guy talking about how he was cheesed that Twilight Princess had no representation in Smash and how he thinks TP is superior to OoT.

This might be the first time I've ever heard someone talk about Smash Bros on the bus lol.
People talk about and play Smash at my college like...everyday

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Nickelodeon is trying their hardest to get people back on their side...and I’m not gonna be disappointed

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I really need to get back to Starlink especially since a big update is coming.

I'm still very surprised said update has a lot more Star Fox content as I originally thought the Star Fox content that is in the base game was the only stuff we were getting (but it really shows that the Starlink team are diehard Star Fox fans)

Hopefully the update will also include the collection pack 2 DLC as it irritates me that currently 1 pilot, 2 ships, and 1 weapon are not available for digital purchase.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
People talk about and play Smash at my college like...everyday
Back when I was in College, people would hardly ever talk about Smash although I do remember someone playing Melee Netplay in the library.

This was during the Wii U Era though so maybe there was less people interested. Once the Switch came along, you started too see Nintendo-related stuff in a lot of public places.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
There are places where people actually talk about video games in public? Whoa. /s

Though I suppose I live in basically the middle of nowhere, so it's probably not surprising that I'd never see something like that. :p

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Replaying Breath of the Wild is giving me some more insight as to what I want out of a sequel, I think.

Most people just focus on various weak points, some of which I agree on actually being weak points more than others, but I feel like I just want the next game to be an even bigger playground.

More enemies? Yeah, sure, but I don't need too many. The few enemies the game has are way more interesting than the entire wide collections of enemies in most other games, give me a handful of enemies that increase the "playground" feeling even further instead of just being setpieces and I'll be peachy. I think my assessment way back when the game first came out still sticks, give me three more enemies with their own personal weapon collections, food preferences, little hats you can wear to fool them, attack patterns, etc. and I'll be way happier than having 15 more enemies that kinda limply hop towards me and that's it.

More mechanics? Yeah sure, but I'd have the most fun by far if those new mechanics were tied into the same "could I do that?" feeling of the existing ones. Don't hand us a remote control robot to play with, let us tame the several species of wolves already there and adopt dogs and then expand on the existing Wolf Link AI to let woofers do things for us. Don't make a magic bloopledeblorp that turns things purple, just let us swim underwater and then create new avenues to explore from that.

Better writing? That'd be peachy, but I'd rather the story be told differently than the "let's railroad you from place to place" method people feel like is necessary. Make "show, don't tell" elements in the scenery of important locations, or unimportant locations for that matter. Make better written sidequests where it feels like you're actually being a hero going around saving the day instead of just an errand boy. I don't need all of it tied up in main quest related objectives, or even most of it. Because maybe I don't want to be the "hero of so and so specific epic unfolded in so and so specific way." Maybe I just wanna be a hero. Period.

Better dungeons? Again, sure but. . .full disclosure, I haven't played that much Zelda outside of BotW but what I have played of it makes me REALLY not want the franchise to go back to that, which is usually what people mean by "the dungeons are bad." Yeah, "bla bla Phantom Hourglass sucks", whatever, but. . .from what I've seen in video clips, comics etc. the overall format of "get an item, solve a long, bland, insultingly counter-immersive series of single-solution puzzles for no apparent reason and then fight a boss that's there just because" seems to hold up most of the time and yeah no thanks. The Shrines and Blights aren't visually distinct in the slightest but HELL at least they had a reason to be there! Why's there a giant spider? Why's there a fire wizard? I don't know! You don't know! Nobody knows! Who made these puzzles? What was the point of them? NOBODY KNOWS! Again, way back a couple of years ago my thought was "well maybe a fort taken over by a spider and turned into an elaborate spider nest that you have to burn through parts of would be cool." THAT's a reason for a place to have a spider boss! Maybe Ganon corrupted the spider! You can make it obvious, slap some Malice on it and say it got possessed. There's a reason!

. . .IDK, it came out as a pretty empty rant I've just been thinking about my differences in opinion from most people on where I want the game to go from here again.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Hello hello.
Funny, that's what I say to my students every day in home room xD
Also, hi. What's up?

Replaying Breath of the Wild is giving me some more insight as to what I want out of a sequel, I think.

Most people just focus on various weak points, some of which I agree on actually being weak points more than others, but I feel like I just want the next game to be an even bigger playground.

More enemies? Yeah, sure, but I don't need too many. The few enemies the game has are way more interesting than the entire wide collections of enemies in most other games, give me a handful of enemies that increase the "playground" feeling even further instead of just being setpieces and I'll be peachy. I think my assessment way back when the game first came out still sticks, give me three more enemies with their own personal weapon collections, food preferences, little hats you can wear to fool them, attack patterns, etc. and I'll be way happier than having 15 more enemies that kinda limply hop towards me and that's it.

More mechanics? Yeah sure, but I'd have the most fun by far if those new mechanics were tied into the same "could I do that?" feeling of the existing ones. Don't hand us a remote control robot to play with, let us tame the several species of wolves already there and adopt dogs and then expand on the existing Wolf Link AI to let woofers do things for us. Don't make a magic bloopledeblorp that turns things purple, just let us swim underwater and then create new avenues to explore from that.

Better writing? That'd be peachy, but I'd rather the story be told differently than the "let's railroad you from place to place" method people feel like is necessary. Make "show, don't tell" elements in the scenery of important locations, or unimportant locations for that matter. Make better written sidequests where it feels like you're actually being a hero going around saving the day instead of just an errand boy. I don't need all of it tied up in main quest related objectives, or even most of it. Because maybe I don't want to be the "hero of so and so specific epic unfolded in so and so specific way." Maybe I just wanna be a hero. Period.

Better dungeons? Again, sure but. . .full disclosure, I haven't played that much Zelda outside of BotW but what I have played of it makes me REALLY not want the franchise to go back to that, which is usually what people mean by "the dungeons are bad." Yeah, "bla bla Phantom Hourglass" sucks, whatever, but. . .from what I've seen in video clips, comics etc. the overall format of "get an item, solve a long, bland, insultingly counter-immersive series of single-solution puzzles for no apparent reason and then fight a boss that's there just because" seems to hold up most of the time and yeah no thanks. The Shrines and Blights aren't visually distinct in the slightest but HELL at least they had a reason to be there! Why's there a giant spider? Why's there a fire wizard? I don't know! You don't know! Nobody knows! Who made these puzzles? What was the point of them? NOBODY KNOWS! Again, way back a couple of years ago my thought was "well maybe a fort taken over by a spider and turned into an elaborate spider nest that you have to burn through parts of would be cool." THAT's a reason for a place to have a spider boss! Maybe Ganon corrupted the spider! You can make it obvious, slap some Malice on it and say it got possessed. There's a reason!

. . .IDK, it came out as a pretty empty rant I've just been thinking about my differences in opinion from most people on where I want the game to go from here again.
It sounds like more people have significant issues with BOTW...more than I expected. I heard that it was the most universally loved Zelda game to date.
What's your won, full opinion on BOTW and what is your favorite Zelda game?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Also, hi. What's up?

It sounds like more people have significant issues with BOTW...more than I expected. I heard that it was the most universally loved Zelda game to date.
Me? I've literally played just BotW, Phantom Hourglass, half of Spirit Tracks and like ten minutes of Four Swords. So BotW kind of by default.

Although to be perfectly honest Linebeck is actually my favorite character.

My full opinion is the same as most games I really like: it's really fun but still with wiggle room to improve. Like, I can see where people are coming from with complaints about lack of enemy variety or the dungeons not being long or setpiecy enough, but a lot of people seem to REALLY be incensed about all of it and just outright offended that the game was as well received as it was and I do not get it.

I think part of it is they like a certain ultra-puzzly aspect of other Zelda games which is basically the exact thing that normally makes me avoid picking them up. "Everything in life is a puzzle" yeah yeah just something about the blatancy in older Zelda games that I can't enjoy and other people seem to crave.

I think I can kind of specifically note that I REALLY like being able climb everything in BotW. I'm always trying to wiggle my way over mountainsides and roofing and anything I can shortcut past in other games. It just feels sooooo much less janky to just do what I do naturally in BotW it's like the greatest gift I never realized I wanted. Hell I don't even care that it's tied to a stamina meter like some people complain about, I think the meter length is pretty fair in regards to climbing. It's just cathartic to do.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Also, hi. What's up?

Not much, just eating a less than stellar chicken pot pie. How about you?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
>playing TF2
>enters new game
>team is currently getting wiped
>comes in and turns around the game with a back cap
>my team the rest of the game

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Played a bit of Daemon x Machina this evening. Seems fun, I'll need to get the hang of the controls a bit more. Dunno if there's a way to increase your memory or if it's fixed?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Finally completed my V-Day Mythra, I never felt so proud of a freaking lewd on paper lol.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Hello hello.
もしもし
I got 55th the second time
I talked to PsySmasher about Tetris yesterday, and made this mock-up to demonstrate a strategy.
In Competitive Tetris, try to build up your Tetris stack in a formation like this (the side/place you leave open doesn't matter, but you can make it taller).

Once you build up a stack like this, it pretty much doesn't matter what kind of Tetriminos you get, you can just drop them in the hole and start building up a chain (chain-size matters more than basic line-clears when sending garbage).

Obviously this is dependent on luck (the pieces you get can screw up building a stack).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Speakimg of Tetris 99, does anyone know what I'm supposed to do against the gray blocks? Like, they just keep coming and coming and I don't know if there's a counterplay other than "clear a line every single time or die"

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
So since I’m sick as a dog, I’m putting off my Valentine’s viewing of “The Thing” in favor of getting my ass some rest.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
And the Philadelphia Fusion win 3-1 over the reigning champion London Spitfire in game 1 of the 2019 Overwatch League season!

The runner-up of last year has gotten their revenge lol

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Speakimg of Tetris 99, does anyone know what I'm supposed to do against the gray blocks? Like, they just keep coming and coming and I don't know if there's a counterplay other than "clear a line every single time or die"
Well you see.. the rows keep coming and they don’t stop coming.

Chrono.

So Crackdown 3 kinda bombed with critics. Its sitting at a low 60 in metacritic.

But from what I've read a lot of these people were kinda expecting it to be something it was never trying to be. It definitely seems to be a game that will appeal to you more if you were already into Crackdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom