• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
inb4 no Piranha Plant and all it does is break replays to fix bugs we didn't even know existed.

What are the chances of this being a balance patch? I don't remember those coming until a few months after the launch of Smash 4 so it seems a bit soon for one here, but who knows with these guys. need to know if I should start preparing to drop Chrom once he gets nerfed into the ground
I believe Isabelle got nerfed a bit last patch so I don’t think 2.0.0 being a balance patch would be too :083:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If pp does just drop tonight, then there’s was definitely a direct planned for this month but like arlo suggested they could have saw that stuff like prime 4 being completely redone would make for good announcements and so they scrapped it for early next month.

If pp doesn’t go live tonight then I think his files will definitely be there and he could be modded in, with an official release next week

Chrono.

If pp does just drop tonight, then there’s was definitely a direct planned for this month but like arlo suggested they could have saw that stuff like prime 4 being completely redone would make for good announcements and so they scrapped it for early next month.

If pp doesn’t go live tonight then I think his files will definitely be there and he could be modded in, with an official release next week
I don't know. Nintendo had to known about Prime 4 months and months in advance. It's not like they woke up one day and decided to reboot it, this is likely something that was done a long time ago and we only just learned now.

Maybe they never planned a direct this month.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
...Well, that's gonna stick in my head for a while. I'm gonna be reimagining the area, just with much nicer furniture in the area's buildings.

At least I didn't make another typo that will haunt me for eternity.
The day of Root Beet shall go down in infamy.
#NeverForget :p

Also, hi people. How is everyone?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

There's been much more evidence of no Direct than there is one
  • Release dates for Yoshi's Crafted World, Kirby's Epic Yarn, and 2 Final Fantasy game casually posted on social media
  • Indies Highlight
  • Yo-kai Watch 3 trailer without warning
  • Metroid Prime 4 update
I'd say late February to early March is when a Direct will come (unless it's Pokémon generation 8)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
There's been much more evidence of no Direct than there is one
  • Release dates for Yoshi's Crafted World, Kirby's Epic Yarn, and 2 Final Fantasy game casually posted on social media
  • Indies Highlight
  • Yo-kai Watch 3 trailer without warning
  • Metroid Prime 4 update
I'd say late February to early March is when a Direct will come (unless it's Pokémon generation 8)
True but you could just as easy argue those would have been direct reveals. Idk though could go either way.

Potato_

Smash Lord
I don't know. Nintendo had to known about Prime 4 months and months in advance. It's not like they woke up one day and decided to reboot it, this is likely something that was done a long time ago and we only just learned now.

Maybe they never planned a direct this month.
Definitely agree, the reboot of MP4 isn't something they could just decide on in a week or something, this is something that takes a lot of time and discussions to do. That being said, I do find it really weird that they made quite a few announcements on their twitter this month, the kind of stuff that normally gets announced in directs. My crackpot theory is that there was one that was cancelled, and that's why this stuff just got thrown up on the twitter without much fanfare.

I'm VERY curious about today's patch for Smash though. I do think that there might be some surprises in there (and knowing Nintendo, they might even spoil some more DLC characters in the files.)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I can’t get kingdom hearts today because of the snow .

Nooooooooooooooo!

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Pretty good, with one caveat.

I threw myself awake this morning, I dreamt I fell down the stairs.

It's the first time I've ever actually done that.
Nice. Speaking of sleep, I just woke up from a nap. I feel kinda refreshed, but I have the after sleep headache so I'm feeling half and half.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Decided to binge watch some of the 3rd doctors' stories today.

While the 3rd doctor definitely got an upgrade concerning writing quality (his episodes are more memorable, for sure), I love the 2nd doctor's character the most out of all the classic doctors so far. Pertwee has a lot of charm and is an excellent actor, but Troughton's take on the doctor is so insanely likable that I can't help but miss the 2nd doctor.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I know, but I'm assuming ThrowawayBoi is doing it for the challenge completion.
Challenge completion?

I'm pretty sure there's no Challenge that needs you to Short-Hop attack 10 times in a row, but maybe I'm mistaken.
Nice. Speaking of sleep, I just woke up from a nap. I feel kinda refreshed, but I have the after sleep headache so I'm feeling half and half.
And here I was thinking Catapult Nightmares were something mostly limited to fiction. :laugh:
-----------------------------------
I was wondering about something earlier.

A few weeks ago, I watched MistareFusion's Impressions video of the Tournament of Power. Needless to say, he didn't like it much, mostly because he's not a "Fighto-Fighto" guy (as Lanipator puts it).

He didn't mention much about the final Goku v Jiren fight, and I think I know why. In his Dragon Ball Dissection videos, Mistare Fusion mentioned in passing that he's color-blind (specifically red-blind).

So, I was wondering "How did the UI Goku vs Jiren fight look to a person who can't see red?"

DYhygcvVoAEviAc-Protanopia.png
Yeah.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'd be fine if Piranha Plant isn't included in this update but I feel it's likely when we're talking about version 2.0.0

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I'd be fine if Piranha Plant isn't included in this update but I feels it's likely when we're talking about 2.0.0
2.0.0 is such a big increase from 1.2.1 that it kind of has to come with something worthwhile.

ccllr

Smash Cadet
The Nintendo Switch is a mediocre system with a lot of hardware flaws, a poor online infrastructure and with only a couple of worth exclusive games. The only reason why a lot of people keeps it (me included) and praises it is because of the nostalgia and the hope of getting more exclusives in the future. I'm not saying the exclusive games are bad, because they are actually pretty good. But there are just so few of them.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Waiting for CYL3 results knowing that Micaiah probably lost
b16.jpg

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Waiting for CYL3 results knowing that Micaiah probably lost
View attachment 189215
Don’t you dare talk like that.

I’m actually betting right now michaiah took first and Camilla got second if not further down. I also bet robin got knocked back a bit.

I think we could also see Anna get much higher even if she doesn’t reach second or first

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Don’t you dare talk like that.

I’m actually betting right now michaiah took first and Camilla got second if not further down. I also bet robin got knocked back a bit.

I think we could also see Anna get much higher even if she doesn’t reach second or first
I dunno if the support was enough, man. Imma remain pessimist just in case.
I see Anna jumping to the winner zone but at the cost of Mic, on the other hand we don't know how big was Camilla's lead on the midterm so maybe they could bump her to 2nd at least.

Eirika eternally 4th as tradition.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Who cares, the whales and trolls and people with no taste want Camilla and that's what they'll get.

Soooo be it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I dunno if the support was enough, man. Imma remain pessimist just in case.
I see Anna jumping to the winner zone but at the cost of Mic, on the other hand we don't know how big was Camilla's lead on the midterm so maybe they could bump her to 2nd at least.

Eirika eternally 4th as tradition.
True we don’t know the numbers, but michaiah got up there without being pushed by some big name and all over I’ve seen votes for her over Camilla. I think she can definitely pull through.

Anna definitely could top. I don’t get why her votes aren’t being merged like Marths though.

I’m also shocked eiricka didn’t go up

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
True we don’t know the numbers, but michaiah got up there without being pushed by some big name and all over I’ve seen votes for her over Camilla. I think she can definitely pull through.

Anna definitely could top. I don’t get why her votes aren’t being merged like Marths though.

I’m also shocked eiricka didn’t go up
Yeah seriously.
Imagine if we had a Nintendo popularity contest and EVERY incarnation of Link had split votes since they technically weren't the same.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yeah seriously.
Imagine if we had a Nintendo popularity contest and EVERY incarnation of Link had split votes since they technically weren't the same.
I mean with link it’s more understandable but at the same time there’s no rule that says like botw link couldn’t use a grappler like his past ones.

The only link that would be different is wolf link and toon link. But yeah they should definitely merge stuff for charcters across different Games who are the same

Ivander

Smash Legend
You know CD-i Link and Cartoon Link would get 1st and 2nd regardless.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Of course they would, especially since 4chan would rig the voting
oh no, big bad scary 4chan is gonna hack the polls?!?!?!?!

Realistically this wouldn't happen again. /v/ is a cesspool of team nintendo or team anti-soy

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
How am I supposed to beat this dang boss fight when I can't even see what I'm bloody doing?

Freaking OOT's camera is making a comeback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom