• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Welp, I just voted for the first time in my life, and I already have an anecdote lol. I went to the place to vote and the one that took my vote was a girl.

Girl: So, you're <insert my name here>?
Me: Yup *shows identification*
Girl: Aight, let me cross <name of my brother> of the lists...
Me: Hold up, that's...
Girl: *Already crossed the name of my brother*
Me: ...the name of my brother.
Girl: Huh? *checks the names* Oh no... Do you know if your brother is going to vote?
Me:

How should I know?

Now I don't know if I voted for my brother, if he's going to be able to vote at all, if the votes are going to be misscounted... Ah, the mystery.
Congratulations, you just committed electorial fraud!

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Congratulations, you just committed electorial fraud!
Technically it would be her fault, not mine, I did what they told me to, not my fault she decided to cross my brother's name because we have the same surname. I'll ask my brother when I see him if he had any trouble while voting, but meh, I don't think it's that big of a deal, just an anecdote.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
dont have to, AVGN fid that for you
Speaking of games I am too scared to play... and AVGN...

Remember Hong Kong 97? I enjoy that video game review from AVGN
Yeah, fun fact, I was born the day after Hong Kong was returned to China.

You also have games like Death Crimson, Big Rigs, Cheetah Men, and Action 52 just to name a few, these were really historical games.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Speaking of games I am too scared to play... and AVGN...

Remember Hong Kong 97? I enjoy that video game review from AVGN
Yeah, fun fact, I was born the day after Hong Kong was returned to China.

You also have games like Death Crimson, Big Rigs, Cheetah Men, and Action 52 just to name a few, these were really historical games.
I think Hong Kong 97 might be the worst game ever made.
I also found this funny picture on twitter, posted by @TheKumatora. It ranks how Lucas feels about every Smash Bros. fighter in Ultimate.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
No that has to go to Star Wars Battlefront II on my part, even Big Rig is battle than that game lol.

And the political opinion that Hong Kong 97 tries to convey still exists in Hong Kong, heck they recently made a 2018 remake of the game when China changed their constitution where the China President has unlimited term...

Also Kingdom Hearts 3 might either get banned from China or have Winnie the Pooh censored... you can go and check why and the reason is pretty hilarious.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
No that has to go to Star Wars Battlefront II on my part, even Big Rig is battle than that game lol.

And the political opinion that Hong Kong 97 tries to convey still exists in Hong Kong, heck they recently made a 2018 remake of the game when China changed their constitution where the China President has unlimited term...

Also Kingdom Hearts 3 might either get banned from China or have Winnie the Pooh censored... you can go and check why and the reason is pretty hilarious.
Battlefront II is the worst?...I can't tell if that's sarcasm or if you just randomly hate BF2. It may have significant flaws and it's an overall mediocre game (thanks for nothing EA), but at least it's playable. Big Rigs isn't playable, in comparison. Big Rigs can barely function because of it's broken physics and extremely wonky controls. BF2 is at least functional, as mediocre as it is.

The game isn't even contention as the "worst game ever" because of how multiplayer functions well at least, and overall there's plenty of games that function much worse, microtransactions aside. Disappointing, yes...but not the worst game ever.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Here's a question for ya.

What's the scariest game that you are willing to play?
Alien: Isolation
They absolutely nailed how it should be, the Alien is terrifying. There's constant tension, very few, if any cheap jump scares. It's what horror should be, constant fear throughout built by the environment and atmosphere.

Battlefront II is the worst?...I can't tell if that's sarcasm or if you just randomly hate BF2. It may have significant flaws and it's an overall mediocre game (thanks for nothing EA), but at least it's playable. Big Rigs isn't playable, in comparison. Big Rigs can barely function because of it's broken physics and extremely wonky controls. BF2 is at least functional, as mediocre as it is.
Yeah Battlefront 2 actually functions, it still has the stain of what EA tried with the lootboxes and very much favours those who play it far more frequently (Seriously, **** those Star Cards, the only advantage to someone who's played the game loads versus someone who hasn't played as much should be in skill level and knowledge) and it's a grind to unlock heroes still but at least you can actually play it.

It's 35,000 credits to unlock a hero. Matches don't give you much at all and single player gives you a decent bit, you need to rely on challenges which also only give 500 credits at most.

It's alright if you get it on a good deal, £13 on Black Friday was an excellent price.
where the **** are Anakin, Dooku, Ahsoka and the 501st

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I also found this funny picture on twitter, posted by @TheKumatora. It ranks how Lucas feels about every Smash Bros. fighter in Ultimate.
I was about to say "Why is Villager a meanie" but Then I said "yeah, I can see him as a bully"

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Alien: Isolation
They absolutely nailed how it should be, the Alien is terrifying. There's constant tension, very few, if any cheap jump scares. It's what horror should be, constant fear throughout built by the environment and atmosphere.

Yeah Battlefront 2 actually functions, it still has the stain of what EA tried with the lootboxes and very much favours those who play it far more frequently (Seriously, **** those Star Cards, the only advantage to someone who's played the game loads versus someone who hasn't played as much should be in skill level and knowledge) and it's a grind to unlock heroes still but at least you can actually play it.

It's 35,000 credits to unlock a hero. Matches don't give you much at all and single player gives you a decent bit, you need to rely on challenges which also only give 500 credits at most.

It's alright if you get it on a good deal, £13 on Black Friday was an excellent price.
where the **** are Anakin, Dooku, Ahsoka and the 501st

Yeah, if that credit gimmick didn't exist, I don't think BF2 would be as hated as it is. Those microtransactions are indeed absolutely awful...but multiplayer can at least be fun because it functions well. So, because of that I don't consider BF2 in the running for the worst game ever because it functions at least. It's on the low end, but not the absolute worst.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
With Ultimate having such a massive roster, are there any characters you constantly forget are in the game?

For me, it's Dark Samus. I just keep forgetting about them, partially because nobody talks about them.
Greninja definitely. To a lesser extent Lucario and Pacman

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I find it weird how Xander Mobus only says Simon and doesn’t say Belmont. It just feels weird to not call him Simon Belmont.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
012D7A23-5359-47D5-8E55-D32D2715D4B8.jpeg
I find it weird how Xander Mobus only says Simon and doesn’t say Belmont. It just feels weird to not call him Simon Belmont.
As a specimen who hasn’t played a CV game...I’m unable to find it weird that nobody’s last name is said by our glorious Announcer

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Man the background of the new Final Destination looks like they’re flying theough hell. lol
There's also a more "heavenly" part, and I think they're going with that theme, the contrast between good and evil, light and dark, heaven and hell and whatever else. Though I must say that bad part is definitely unsettling for me, some of the stuff in the background it's so abstract that it makes me feel weird...

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
There's also a more "heavenly" part, and I think they're going with that theme, the contrast between good and evil, light and dark, heaven and hell and whatever else. Though I must say that bad part is definitely unsettling for me, some of the stuff in the background it's so abstract that it makes me feel weird...
Is there? I only saw the cyber tube looking part and the evil fog hellscape sections.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871

I'm not really willing to play very many horror games, as I am very squeamish toward blood and gore in general, but I suppose some of the closest I've gotten to actually playing horror games are the Metroid Prime Trilogy and Final Fantasy VII.
I suppose since the horror elements in those games are mostly thematic and not the entire point of the game(well, I suppose horror isn't really a part of FF7's aesthetic, but I personally find Jenova quite terrifying and it is an important part of the plot), I'm okay with it, but I don't think I'd be willing to play something like Resident Evil or Eternal Darkness.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432

Haven’t played either game yet but I am definitely willing to play Dead Space or RE4 since I can easily get them on Steam. I may try to emulate the first few Silent Hill games and Resident Evil 1-3 too. I’ve strangely been gaining an interest in horror games after being so wimpy as a kid.

While technically not a horror game, the closest I’ve gotten so far to playing a horror game would be Parasite Eve. It’s more of a JRPG but quite a few horror elements are present in that game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom