• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Jokes aside, I'm still like 90% confident that we won't be getting an FE newcomer as DLC. That 10% of doubt remaining is only because there aren't really any obvious picks left.

It kind of frustrates me how everyone is acting so certain that an FE character is inevitable because of fan rules and "patterns" that barely exist. Nothing is certain in the world of speculation except at least one new Pokemon in every base roster.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'll settle on Andy being a Marth Echo Fighter if that means Advance Wars representation. Desperate people do desperate things. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Imagine if the 5 DLC packs game with 5 characters, 5 stages and 5 Song in each of the 5 packs
And the catch here is that for Sephiroth's stage, he breaks new ground by only having one track on his stage.

Because he can't have :ultcloud:get all the glory.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Jokes aside, I'm still like 90% confident that we won't be getting an FE newcomer as DLC. That 10% of doubt remaining is only because there aren't really any obvious picks left.

It kind of frustrates me how everyone is acting so certain that an FE character is inevitable because of fan rules and "patterns" that barely exist. Nothing is certain in the world of speculation except at least one new Pokemon in every base roster.
The "Nintendo is deciding the characters" is what makes FE more likely. We've seen how they like to promote franchises with upcoming releases, especially Fire Emblem, which has a particular history with it, and an upcoming release. Plus it has the CYL poll data to work with.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

>No obvious picks left

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
I'm going to root for Ardanian Soldier since they forgot him and he's not a spirit, and the best character of all, 3-13 Archer.

Nintendo should clearly let us pick the DLC characters, what could possibly go wrong? That reminds me, Bubsy for Smash too, another top tier pick.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The "Nintendo is deciding the characters" is what makes FE more likely. We've seen how they like to promote franchises with upcoming releases, especially Fire Emblem, which has a particular history with it, and an upcoming release. Plus it has the CYL poll data to work with.
We still don't know the actual process of how Nintendo picked these characters though. Will it be for promotion, or will it simply be who they think will sell best as DLC? Or is Miyamoto coming in and saying "hey I think this wacky, off the wall pick would be cool" (best possible timeline, btw).

And it still sounds like Sakurai had some input, or at the very least veto power. He's acknowledged that FE's character count is getting a bit large in an interview about Corrin.

Even if we can't agree on the likely hood of an FE newcomer, we should at least agree that they aren't a lock. Remember when Inklings were a lock for Smash 4 DLC?
>No obvious picks left
I didn't mean "no obvious FE picks left", I meant "no obvious Nintendo picks left".

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Armour King and Marduk are out for Tekken 7 tomorrow.
Julia also got revealed.
And there's Negan gameplay.

Meanwhile in BBTAG we still don't know what the ****ing Pink Square is.
Thanks for nothing ArcSys.

I don't get the pessimism.

What's the worst they could do?
Negan

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
We still don't know the actual process of how Nintendo picked these characters though. Will it be for promotion, or will it simply be who they think will sell best as DLC? Or is Miyamoto coming in and saying "hey I think this wacky, off the wall pick would be cool" (best possible timeline, btw).

And it still sounds like Sakurai had some input, or at the very least veto power. He's acknowledged that FE's character count is getting a bit large in an interview about Corrin.

Even if we can't agree on the likely hood of an FE newcomer, we should at least agree that they aren't a lock. Remember when Inklings were a lock for Smash 4 DLC?

I didn't mean "no obvious FE picks left", I meant "no obvious Nintendo picks left".
Never said it was a lock, just that it seems likely.

Unless they really do just wanna make every DLC character a random minion like Pirahna Plant, FE will probably find it's way into the DLC. FE is one of the most character-centric Nintendo franchises so they make sense for DLC as people will buy it.

Chrono.

Armour King and Marduk are out for Tekken 7 tomorrow.
Julia also got revealed.
And there's Negan gameplay.

Meanwhile in BBTAG we still don't know what the ****ing Pink Square is.
Thanks for nothing ArcSys.

I'm still going with the lowest expectations possible and thinking it's Senran.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I still expect a XB2 character as DLC because the game was way more successful & loved by Sakurai than expected to just get a few spirits, costumes & music here and there, even if the obvious choices have been put down, I still think Lora & Jin might have a chance.

That or Malos but honestly, even as the Malos fan I am, I am not naive enough to believe he make in at this point, even if the lack of spirits for him is suspicious, in fact, Jin is also missing in any form in Ultimate.

Hmmm...
169002-4170d93920f3f461d870646237355de5.jpg

Chrono.

Lyn is overrated, and I'll die on this hill.

If we're going to get a character from FE7 it should be Hector ahead of anyone else.
But Hector is also overrated.

Which is why they should go for Micaiah and make Tellius relevant in 2019 with PoR and RD ports so it won't cost me a house to play them.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Lyn is overrated, and I'll die on this hill.

If we're going to get a character from FE7 it should be Hector ahead of anyone else.
Every character I like is underrated and every character you like is overrated.
chop.png

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
But Hector is also overrated.

Which is why they should go for Micaiah and make Tellius relevant in 2019 with PoR and RD ports so it won't cost me a house to play them.

Yep totally affordable lol.
Right well Fire Emblem is overrated, so it fits. :T
^Ayy! :shades:

Last edited:

Chrono.

I'm just saying... Luigi's Mansion 3 is a Switch headliner in 2019.

I'm holding one out for our Spooky bro.

King_Boo_DarkMoon.png

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Sorry bruh I had to lol.
I mean, not really.

What other Nintendo franchises have regular official polls gauging character popularity and have an evergreen mobile game constantly making the huge host of characters in the franchise more recognisable to the casual gamer? Pokémon is really the only other one.

The characters are very much the biggest reason why most people play Fire Emblem. It's not like Mario where most people just play because of the fun and accessible gameplay, therefore there is a lot less people wanting a very specific character from that franchise. Therefore, it means Fire Emblem is always a natural fit for something like Smash DLC. You put a popular Fire Emblem character in Smash now and many people are guaranteed to buy them, as there are a lot of fans who are very particularly passionate about that particular character.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Yep totally affordable lol.

^Ayy! :shades:
Nintendo:
"Roms cost us 12 million dollars in damages!"
Also Nintendo:
"No, we have no plans on re-releasing these old games in any way, shape, or form."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom