• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Changed my character in my rpg thing from a bandit to a witch, since I feel a witch class suits me better.

Still basically a thief class but I steal through like curses and **** lol

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So Smash will give you special Spirits based on Lets Go Pikachu and Eevee if you have save data for them on your Switch.

Day 1 DLC bois.
Correction: The Spirits release on the 14th, and you get the Spirits immediately if you have the Let's Go save data. If you don't, they will be obtainable via Spirits Board.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Changed my character in my rpg thing from a bandit to a witch, since I feel a witch class suits me better.

Still basically a thief class but I steal through like curses and **** lol
Oh is this like a real RPG??? LOL Did you like download RPG Maker from the Japanese E-Shop?

Chrono.

Eh, we'll see.

The guy seems legit for sure but idk about new modes. I'll expect the bare minimum and hope for the best, game's looking meaty enough to me anyhow.
FIREWALL DRAGON GOT BANNED HOLY ****
Imagine having your ace monster banned.

This post was made by every other Yugioh protagonist.

Not like Yusaku ever used it tho.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I got the Gogeta trailer as an ad on a rando YT video.

I was just watching household hacks...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't know why I didn't see it before, but I found out NVIDIA Share can go higher than 20Mbps on the bit rate slider. It's possible it was an update. Now it goes up to 130Mbps.

So I recorded some random Sunset Overdrive gameplay at this new setting and uploaded it to see how it looked. On my end, it definitely looks better than 20Mbps for games like this, there's a lot less artifacting, but how does it look for you guys? If you're on a good computer, I'd still recommend trying the 1440p or 2160p options even if your monitor is 1080p as you will still be getting a less compressed video.

Also, I got the Legacy XP mod for Super Smash Bros. Brawl running in Dolphin. Now I can finally play Project M style Subspace Emissary without worrying about crashes.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
DBFZ Patch updates out. Beerus and Piccolo got some needed buffs. Teen Gohan got a small buff, I think Trunks and SS1 Goku did too.

Adult Gohan's Level 1, when spending more meter to power up more, will also increase the damage of the attack now. Not sure why that wasn't in before, since it's useful as both an AOE attack and not just the boost. Might help with DHC situations.

Chrono.

DBFZ Patch updates out. Beerus and Piccolo got some needed buffs. Teen Gohan got a small buff, I think Trunks and SS1 Goku did too.

Adult Gohan's Level 1, when spending more meter to power up more, will also increase the damage of the attack now. Not sure why that wasn't in before, since it's useful as both an AOE attack and not just the boost. Might help with DHC situations.
Meanwhile 17 remains dead in the water but I guess it's too soon to mess with him too much.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I bought it shortly after it came out for the PS4, but haven't had the channels by which to play it until having recently purchased an HDTV. Before I was using a CRT with a converter and it would cut off large chunks of the screen, enough that I couldn't read dialogue.

The first two games I enjoyed and was bummed that the third never came overseas. The series got me through the rut of slow Fire Emblem localizations and found them to be a great substitute. By all means, Fire Emblem fans should at least play the first game in this series.
Before I say this, yes I am being a bit of Switch fanboy here but... this is one of the reason why I prefer getting Nintendo Switch, or even handhelds in general. You have to aware that home consoles like PS4 and Xbox One, you not only need the game, the console, the controller, the power adapter, you also need a HDMI TV that while it is cheaper then it was a few years ago, most people don't have it. Or people won't buy a TV just to play video games.

Whenever I want to play game on Nintendo Switch, like Valkyria Chronicles 4 for example, all I have to do is put the cartridge into the console, and then I play... oddly that no update patch for VC4.
Yes PS4 and Xbox One are way powerful than Switch, yes nearly all multi plat games run and even plays better than on Switch, but I will prefer portability, cheap price and convenience than graphics, and 4K. (Also, there's one user here mentions the Yuzu emulator very often, I do have my two cents about it so looking forward to that.)

I am not that familiar with FE, but VC is a good alternative, BUT this doesn't mean all of FE fans will like VC, they might dislike how you use guns and get damage for no reason, and the bad AI sometimes.

VC1 had a great artstyle, characters, and story. Though aside from a few difficulty spikes, I thought it was a overall a tad easy and straightforward. The anime was lackluster.

VC2 improved on the gameplay, difficulty, and had a memorable OST, but the story/concept of a military HS was a bit out there and had a bland main cast. Grinding could have also been toned down a bit.
Here's the cue... I haven't play VC2 and VC3 since well... they are only on PSP for now. It somewhat made sense that the Valkyria series go to handheld, and then VC4 and VC1 on Nintendo Switch are the best Valkyria Chronicles in my opinion.

Also similar with the transition of XC1 to XC2... VC2 also went with more vivid and more anime style, I watch the anime a teeny bit, and according to Wikipedia, the changes of the anime were making Alicia more of a d*** and another girl character that [ correct me if I'm wrong on this] somewhat replaces Isara?

But hey at least the OP is pretty good... for anime standard:
It's good... but not fitting for the game... it's a bit of like being similar with how SAO anime opening is.

Also yeah, VC2 which has concept of military HS... well... Legend of Heros Trails of Cold Steel trilogy already has that covered lol.

In conclusion, for those who are curious... if you like VC1 and do not own PSP, you can safely skip VC2 and VC3 and play VC4.

Since I am currently playing VC4, I gotta say this that is my currently experience: HOLY **** it get **** dark after the end of chapter 6,and we haven't even face the snow storm! (And that hot spring scene that is even more cringier than XC2's)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

They should just make all the Gohan top tier

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
With Ultimate having such a massive roster, are there any characters you constantly forget are in the game?

For me, it's Dark Samus. I just keep forgetting about them, partially because nobody talks about them.

D

Deleted member

With Ultimate having such a massive roster, are there any characters you constantly forget are in the game?

For me, it's Dark Samus. I just keep forgetting about them, partially because nobody talks about them.
For me, I always tend to forget that Lucario and especially Greninja.

Also Pacman oddly enough. Ever since his reveal he's just kind of been there. Probably doesn't help that his Wii U stage sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrono.

Dark Samus for me too.

But out of the old guard it's Dr. Mario.

Iridium

Smash Hero

Always Alph. It's a shame.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ya'll forgetting about my girl Edgy Samus are just mean.

Alph and the Koopalings.
Which is a shame because the latter are my favorite addition to the Mario series between all of them being in(which is really wild to me) and the Koopa Car. It's one big SMW fanservice and that was the very first game I ever played.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Isabelle
Olimar
Duck Hunt
Daisy
Jigglypuff
Wii Fit

For some reason, those are the first to always slip my mind when I'm trying to remember characters.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I stay remembering Dark Samus.

I forget Olimar since I don't see many people use him. Same with Wii Fit Trainer and Ice Climbers, despite the latter of which having footage.

The more I think about it, I might also fight with Wolf a bit too, not a main by any means, but with how much I liked him in Brawl, I'll probably like using him this time around too.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Young Link and Pichu, most likely.

Though I find the occasional “oh right, they are in this game” moment I have to be amusing in its own right.

Chrono.

I'm playing Pokemon Insurgence.

Last time I did was like back in 2015. I didn't get far but I liked it's ideas and thought it was fun enough. I find it funny they included a toggle for whether you wanted to switch the story from Dark to Traditional (aka light hearted). I went Traditional as I explicitly remember the story being way too tryhard and oozing with edge. Not even Shadow the Hedgehog (2005) funny edge, just eye roll worthy stuff.

Also a big plus is that it doesn't lag like ****.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
5:30 AM and I still can't fall asleep.

I felt exhausted an hour ago but after only about an hour of trying to sleep, I feel like I don't even need sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom