• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
*Googles Wario Christmas for possible avatar ideas*

*Sees a pic of him saying he's going to be a father while standing next to a pregnant Jar Jar Binks*

View attachment 180985
Why did Google do it's thing again and make you discover that

In turn, why did you have to go and insert that image into my brain

That reminds me of the pic of Shrek with a pregnant Spongebob lol
And why did you have to go and remind me that this image also exists

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

IfI have to remember its existence, you all have to.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So remember FEH players. Keep your cool on when to dislike Player Worship. There are times when it's bad and there are times when it's tolerable. Just like Grand Order. One moment, you see these 2 little girl characters who are vicious in their debut appearance, the next moment you are holding hands with them while giving your Santa-dressed lollified Jeanne Alter a piggyback ride going on a wonderland adventure.

Admittingly, that plus the dialogue was pretty frickin' adorable. Nursery Rhyme and Jack the Ripper's appearances in Grand Order try to make it really hard to remember that both of them are savage in their respective first appearances in Fate/Extra and Fate/Apocrypha respectively.

D

Deleted member

Updated my Christmas and winter avatar.

How is everyone?
I am having a good day thus far:
  • Received my $130 for working the polls last month, so my quest for the Switch and Smash Ultimate is on!
  • It is raining in my area, which makes my day even better. I only heard thunder once this morning.
  • Recently ordered Tekken 2 and Mario Party 5.
  • Did light combo practice in Tekken 4.
  • Finally, I desire to make friends with the members of a higher caste here such moderators such as Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth and yourself. @ShinyLegendary "broke up" with me recently; I guess it is my fault for giving him too much love on here, so to speak. But that is okay as I have moved on; who needs him anyway when there are countless others on these boards to get down with.
Sayonara :kirby:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

How is everyone?
Definitely got something that made my nose stuffy, and makes me violently sneeze every 10 minutes, but other than that, pretty good...
I beat Mega Man 8! The Wily stages were no joke. Well, Wily 2 wasn't too bad. The first half of Wily 3 had an annoying segment. But Wily stage 1 was some real trouble. JUMP JUMP SLIDE SLIDE back in full force, The Mega Ball definitely did it's work. So did the Flame Sword, Flash Bomb, Tornado Hold and Astro Crush. The others were fine, but just good for the re-fights. That Slide Upgrade was really good for Bass and Wily Capsule. Arrow Buster's fantastic. Mega Ball a GOAT for getting through with double jump cheese.
Which robot master did you have the hardest time with? In my play through, it was Aqua Man. Didn't help that he has one of the most annoying voices ever...

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
  • Received my $130 for working the polls last month, so my quest for the Switch and Smash Ultimate is on!
  • It is raining in my area, which makes my day even better. I only heard thunder once this morning.
  • Finally, I desire to make friends with the members of a higher caste here such moderators such as Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth and yourself. @ShinyLegendary "broke up" with me recently; I guess it is my fault for giving him too much love on here, so to speak. But that is okay as I have moved on; who needs him anyway when there are countless others on these boards to get down with.
Lol I never heard the mods and such referred to as "higher caste" :yoshi:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
xD I feel poor Tail is still going to feel the cold...
Tails has fur. He'll be fine. xD

*Sees a pic of him saying he's going to be a father while standing next to a pregnant Jar Jar Binks*

View attachment 180985
Google...and bing...and yahoo...and plenty of other search sites suck concerning finding fan art because there's a lot of dirty crap out there. There are amazing gems, yes, but unfortunately it's easy to run into awkward and uncomfortable images on the web.

The ONE website that I found that works very well consistently for fan art...is Pinterest. Pinterest is a site that's very clean in comparison to Google and other sites, and due to Pinterest being safe in comparison, Pinterest is where I search for fan art for Pokemon, Sonic, Rick & Morty, Breaking Bad, and other franchises. While it's definitely not perfect, from my own experience Pinterest is significantly safer than other websites when trying to find good fan art.

Very miserable thanks to a health problem.
I hope you heal up soon.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Just be thankful I'm not posting the image here (not that I ever want to anyway).

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
I'll gladly would be your friend!

Chrono.

So Smash will give you special Spirits based on Lets Go Pikachu and Eevee if you have save data for them on your Switch.

Day 1 DLC bois.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871

How is everyone?
I'm doing pretty okay at the moment. I am trying to study a little bit for a test that I have on Monday (in AP Calculus, to be specific). I currently have a 96 in the class, so I guess I should be fine, but got a 79 on the last test (although I suppose a 79 in a college class when I'm a junior in high school is pretty good), so I want to make sure that I'm prepared for the test. The bad part is that I also have it first thing in the morning, but I suppose it will feel good to get it over with.
Sadly, it's not the only test I have that week, as I'll also have a test in U.S. Gov. on Friday, although I'm not too worried about that, since the class is pretty easy for the most part.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Huh, I didn't realize that Following someone and simply being Friends are fairly different things. Nonetheless, followed.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Remind me what happens when you follow someone on SmashBoards?

I've followed a good number here but I haven't noticed anything different on this site when done.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So Smash will give you special Spirits based on Lets Go Pikachu and Eevee if you have save data for them on your Switch.

Day 1 DLC bois.
This could align with what some insiders are saying about day one patches that add in new modes.

If we can get day one dlc for spirits the. Day one to add stuff like home run contests makes sense

Chrono.

This could align with what some insiders are saying about day one patches that add in new modes.

If we can get day one dlc for spirits the. Day one to add stuff like home run contests makes sense
What are insiders saying because last I checked the only people who think there's gonna be new modes day one were people being hopeful for it.

D

Deleted member

I am totally willing to be friends again.
It is just I tend to overreact sometimes. I just want to clarify that, and I am sorry if I hurt you.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Day 1 DLC bois.
I can't believe Pikachu got ****ing deconfirmed.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

The true origins of Jabba The Hut

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Better late than never.

This is really no different compared to who I played in Smash 4. On top of that, I don't have any newcomers here so I'm well aware if this Roster seems boring. Obviously this may change but this is how I'd see myself entering Ultimate with.

1. Lucina: My main since Day one.
  2. Marth: Somewhere along the lines I decided to pick him up and had a lot of fun with him.
  3. Link: My first Smash character from Melee and most played. Didn't touch him Brawl (went with Toon Link instead), but picked him up again for Smash 4 and had a blast with him!
  4. Ryu: My 2nd most used character to play as and favorite character to watch in competitive Smash! Doing True Shoryuken never ceases to be epic.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Here is #MyUltimateRoster. I have the costumes that I would pick for each character as well. My mains are in the largest size for images, while alternate characters/characters I'm interested in are in smaller images.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Definitely got something that made my nose stuffy, and makes me violently sneeze every 10 minutes, but other than that, pretty good...

Which robot master did you have the hardest time with? In my play through, it was Aqua Man. Didn't help that he has one of the most annoying voices ever...
Astro Man for me, Even with his weakness, him staying high in the air all the time is annoying to deal with. Aqua Man isn't too annoying since he stays on the ground most of the time.

Tengu Man would be easy if his weakness wasn't a move that required him to be low to the ground, or for you to get up in his grill. His moveset isn't as tricky as Storm Eagle or anything, but Storm Eagle would land on the ground more and Chameleon Sting's a great move to use since it covers above and below you.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
You might have to show me footage of that (if it exists), but probably not.
To my chagrin, I couldn't find any.

I think the only footage available died with Vine.

Smash x Soul Calibur!

This is the unfortunate progression of Pikachu:

I saw it, and now you have to as well.

redfeatherraven redfeatherraven Yay, or nay?
Blech.

so you would think people would want rap songs talking about ****ing chicks and shooting guns banned from radio right?

Naw "Baby, Its cold outside" is offensive. Of all songs "Baby its cold outside"
I saw this subject already discussed and passed, and I don't really want to beat a dead horse.

...but honestly I had a bit all typed up and still kinda want to give my two.

I'll tuck it, and if you or anyone else wants to just let it stay tucked, I promise you won't hurt my feelings.

I don't disagree, but I've had a fair bit of time to ponder "Baby It's Cold Outside" and I actually kind of agree.

Sounds crazy, I know. Hear me out. And stay with me, it's a ride.

So this is what it says on Wikipedia regarding the lyrics:

Wikipedia said:
The lyrics in this duet are designed to be heard as a conversation between two people, identified as "mouse" (usually female) and "wolf" (usually male) on the printed score; they are at the wolf's home and the mouse decides it is time to go home, but the wolf flirtatiously invites the mouse to stay as it is late and "it's cold outside." The mouse states that he/she has enjoyed the time and agrees at one point to another drink, but the mouse also says "the answer is no" and tries to return home, worried what family and neighbors will think. Every line in the song features a statement from the mouse followed by a response from the wolf, which is musically known as a call and response song.

Although some critical analyses of the song have highlighted parts of the lyrics such as "What's in this drink?" and the wolf's unrelenting pressure for the mouse to stay in spite of her repeated suggestions that she should go home, others have noted that cultural expectations of the time period were such that women were not socially permitted to spend the night with a boyfriend or fiancé, and that the mouse states that she wants to stay, while "What's in this drink?" was a common idiom of the period used to rebuke social expectations by blaming one's actions on the influence of alcohol.
Little bit further down than the info you've provided, but don't worry, I'm taking that into account as well.

I've read the links it provides on the subject (two online examinations of the song). It's no in-depth scrutiny, but I feel like I have enough background to at least formulate an opinion.

I get the points it's trying to make. Taken in context of its time period, the song can actually be read as a progressive piece - the woman in question is largely anxious about what other people think, and the 1940's-ish social pressures on an unmarried woman spending a night alone with her lover is the source of literally all her protestations. Pressures which, if we take the lyrics at face value, are strong enough to get the woman to consider heading out at night, in terrible weather, with no rides available, just to keep from being called improper.

But that was then, and this is now. Read the words straight off in a modern context and tell me what you get out of it.

Because we've collectively gotten our **** together regarding the whole women's chastity thing, if it were written today, it'd be taken as something very akin to coercion. Not to mention "what's in this drink" has far darker modern connotations.

So what's the problem? Especially regarding where it'd fit in with rap and the like. The latter's far more overt, right?

But that's exactly it.

This song croons over the idea, romanticizes the whole thing, makes it seem like a net positive. It doesn't do it by presenting an idea and glamorizing it, either, as rap's wont to do. At least that presents it for what it is, and it can then be weighed accordingly. "Baby" in a modern context does it subtly, manipulatively.

With anyone rapping about ****ing chicks and shooting guns you know largely what you're getting into. Whereas a guy making the same moves today as in "Baby" would be a scheming trap, and likely a precursor to a highly toxic, potentially abusive relationship - the kind where by the time you realize what's happened, you could already be in serious trouble. If he's unwilling to accept no as an answer, and possibly even spikes the drink, how far else would they go?

Can't say I like the idea of either overt or covert brutality normalized, but I feel like the latter needs to be fought harder than the former just on account of it being more difficult to spot.

I won't damn the song outright as a piece; in its context it's fine. But providing it airtime today with no context suggests the continued acceptance of its subject matter at face value, which I can't agree to.

I can show you proof if you want :upsidedown:
No.

No.

You keep that **** outta here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom