• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
In moving onto a new LoZ game and giving OOT a rest, I've decided to rank the 5 main temples in the game. Let's see how they stack up:

5. Spirit Temple
Ironically, Water Temple was NOT the temple to make me rage. Spirit temple was, and the reason why is because of Young Link's half of the temple. In other dungeons, whenever puzzles were completed they would be completed forever and I wouldn't have to re-do them (as long as I saved my progress). With the Spirit Temple though, even with saving progress a ton, whenever I lost against Iron Knuckle I would have to re-do most of the puzzles in order to get back to his room. I don't know why this is necessary, especially since in other dungeons every puzzle I encountered wouldn't reset. But with the sun tiles and bombchus and all...different story. Not to mention Young Link has pathetic range compared to Adult Link, which makes fighting more tedious. I get that it's supposed to be the hardest temple, but the resets of the puzzles I find to be completely unnecessary and aggravating.

4. Water Temple
Nope, Water Temple isn't last. It's because I play the 3ds version so the paths are a little easier to follow. With that being said though, it can still be frustrating to navigate through the water and back-track (and there's a lot of back-tracking in this temple). Everything moves slower (as per typical water levels) and other temples I just find to be more interesting. I will say though; I LOVE the shadow Link fight (also, I found it to be surprisingly easy. Is that just me?)

3. Forest Temple
Fun puzzles and an easy dungeon, but I don't remember much about it. I remember the mini-boss being frustrating since cameras in small rooms don't work too well in OOT, but for the most part it was an enjoyable early challenge.

2. Shadow Temple
This temple was VERY close to beating Fire temple, but I can't do it. Fire temple is the one that I'm definitely most likely to re-play, but I'll explain that in a bit. Anyway, Shadow temple is enjoyable. The challenge is there but it's hard for the right reasons (it doesn't feel cheap), and the gimmicks in it make this temple stand out in uniqueness.

1. Fire Temple
Fire temple <3 I love this dungeon. Yes, there's some back-tracking that can take away from enjoyment, but overall I love this temple. The platforming is programmed for a Zelda game, the enemies are somewhat challenging but not necessarily frustrating, the puzzles enhance the dungeon, and I really enjoyed the boss-fight against the dragon. So far, the dragon fight has been my favorite boss fight in OOT aside from Shadow Link. This temple is the single temple in the game that I can see myself re-playing just for the heck of it.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
If I were in an rpg world I’d probably be a thief class honestly.
I'd probably be an NPC villager or something who only exists to give optional quests. I'm not nearly brave nor crazy enough to risk my hide fighting monsters and bandits.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'd probably be an NPC villager or something who only exists to give optional quests. I'm not nearly brave nor crazy enough to risk my hide fighting monsters and bandits.
Don't worry, you'll respawn if you're a player character.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I actually like this setup a lot. I'd say to just make the story about the original prince's quest but I think there's merit in having his descendent wield the same sword as the Hero once did.
Well actually said prince is actually a major character in the story but later becomes the main character in the prequel portion after Cornelius goes mad. He amasses the nations despite mutal disdain towards each other to put an end to Cornelius and his horrid ambition. And then he defies death in order to be around full knowing Cornelius would return but his body breaks down over the ages as a result of this. His role in the story is as a mentor figure to the MC whom he's a descendant of. The MC wields the same blade as Cornelius to show how he became the monster he once fought against. Or as the 2008 classic The Dark Knight would put it, "living long enough to see himself become the villain".
The thing about Oersted is that his misanthropy transcends time, all the villains with similar names are incarnations of his will.

Also, by the time he becomes the Demon King, everyone is either dead, hates him, or both (naturally, killing the King didn't go over well with the public).
Obviously, what's more important is execution. The cult aspect makes Cornelius very different from Oersted.

What I'm trying to say is "Don't worry about it." :laugh:
Yeah I know. I'm just very intrigued there's a story like the one I thought of lol. Great minds think alike I guess. :)

What system is that game on again BTW?
anyway, whats going on here?
Sorry I went on a tangent about my silly fanfiction lol. Please proceed as normal.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Also for my rpg, I’m a playable character (of course) but I’m not the protagonist. I’m also the first boss. :p

KMDP

Smash Legend
Yeah I know. I'm just very intrigued there's a story like the one I thought of lol. Great minds think alike I guess. :)

What system is that game on again BTW?
It's on the SNES, but was never released outside of Japan.

If you want to play it, you're gonna have to emulate it.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It's on the SNES, but was never released outside of Japan.

If you want to play it, you're gonna have to emulate it.
Ahh shucks I was hoping it'd be a PSOne Classic on the PS3. Guess I'll just watch YT game play footage.
Also a couple others here might just be playable characters too
View attachment 178996
I bet i'm the OP Gary Stu of the game lol.

D

Deleted member

Yo, I gotta a question for y'all TV Tropes lovers. (Paging @Shishœ @Swamp Sensei @Prince Alucard @Coricus who are experts at this stuff lol).

Is there a specific trope for an ex-hero that's the main villain of the story? Like said villain by the time of the events of the story is already a crazed Misanthrope Supreme but in the distant past (referred to in the story's events) was a hero to mankind and fought to save humanity...only to become the very thing he fought against.

That's more or less the plotpoint of a story I have in my head lol.
I'm late, but that'd be turning face to heel.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
praline praline , to understand what a Mary Sue is, see this page.
Oh. Yeah those are boring. Whenever I add my self insert(which is everytime), they’re definitely flawed, cause if they have no flaws then they’re not even a human and unrelatable.

Well at least my signature is cute as **** now.
It’s giving me a headache.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Can you believe that there are some people on this earth that don't think monk is the coolest JRPG class of all time?

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Can you believe that there are some people on this earth that don't think monk is the coolest JRPG class of all time?
Those people are cowards. How can you not think a person that deals as much damages as a knight but with their bare hands is cool as hell?

Plus my first experience with them is FF4 and Yang was a badass.

Chrono.

Hell yeah. Ketekyo Hitman Reborn is a guilty pleasure of mine. Taught me that punching stuff with fire fists was cool as ****.
Yea same here, it was the first anime I watched when I learned what "anime" was. episodes being 3 parts on Youtube and all. So I still have a lot of appreciation for it even though it wasn't... Great.

To put it lightly.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Yea same here, it was the first anime I watched when I learned what "anime" was. episodes being 3 parts on Youtube and all. So I still have a lot of appreciation for it even though it wasn't... Great.

To put it lightly.
Multiple...
Multiple sharks were jumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom