• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Wands?
What is this, Harry Potter?

Nah fam, you gotta go with
Tomes
Staves
Bare Hands

And in some specific fringe way-too-cool cases a sword
Staffs are a weapon type but they’re like karate pole type weapons not the normal wizard variety.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Why the hell is the entire Goku line voiced by one extremely elderly woman?
Seriously, a pre-teen kid should not sound as old as his middle-aged father.
Honestly it’s quite weird that an old woman still voices the Goku boys (though of course I’m more of a dub and TFS guy so my opinion weighs little)

Iridium

Smash Hero
I actually turned around IRL.

Also starting tomorrow, I will not be here.

I will come a few days after Ultimate releases.

Goodbye everyone! :]
The man...oh, he'll be back...

Anyway, uh, maybe I should start getting friend codes for whenever I finally compete with others. Arrivederci!

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Wands?
What is this, Harry Potter?

Nah fam, you gotta go with
Tomes
Staves
Bare Hands

And in some specific fringe way-too-cool cases a sword
Man, FFXIV looks so fun but the subscription fee is such a big turn off.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Well, that is an interesting pose...
Classic "assets" pose.
Seriously, a pre-teen kid should not sound as old as his middle-aged father.
They don't really sound the same. Nozawa does each voice differently, even Goku and Gohan have slight differences in the way they speak.
Honestly it’s quite weird that an old woman still voices the Goku boys (though of course I’m more of a dub and TFS guy so my opinion weighs little)
Masako Nozawa was handpicked by Mr. Toriyama himself. The reason she was kept even after Goku's growth spurt in the 23rd Budokai is that...well, it was never an issue.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28292
“Ah, so that’s what Goku’s voice sounds like.” After that, while writing the comic, even I would sort of have that voice come up in my head. At those times, Goku’s voice would always be Nozawa-san’s voice, so I thought, “she’s good”. Even now, I can’t separate Goku from Nozawa-san.

To be fair Luffy (who shares a voice with Kuririn who's voice also didn't change) and Naruto's voices never changed either and they're also voiced by women. Female actors voicing adult male characters is a common practice in Japan.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Man, FFXIV looks so fun but the subscription fee is such a big turn off.
Yup.

I don't play it myself, because I can't afford that ****, but I really do admire the love and care that clearly went into it.
Also those CG trailers are SO goddamn cool.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Classic "assets" pose.

They don't really sound the same. Nozawa does each voice differently, even Goku and Gohan have slight differences in the way they speak.

Masako Nozawa was handpicked by Mr. Toriyama himself. The reason she was kept even after Goku's growth spurt in the 23rd Budokai is that...well, it was never an issue.

To be fair Luffy (who shares a voice with Kuririn who's voice also didn't change) Naruto's and voices never changed either and they're also voiced by women. Female actors voicing adult male characters is a common practice in Japan.
Honestly it weirds me out now hearing Goku voived by Sean Schemmel lol I’m just used to her.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Classic "assets" pose.

To be fair Luffy (who shares a voice with Kuririn who's voice also didn't change) and Naruto's voices never changed either and they're also voiced by women. Female actors voicing adult male characters is a common practice in Japan.
so...a respectable reason
"don't let this man distract you from the fact that in 1998, Sonic threw Samus off Hell In A Cell, and plummeted 16 ft through an announcer's table."
All for the ownership of Pikachu

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I'm an Imagine Dragons fan. I love their band, but after Evolve I feared that they were losing their touch.

But I don't have that fear anymore. Origins is growing on me, and I'm once again thoroughly invested in their music. <3

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yeah until we faced any monsters with magic attacks when you gotta basically heal me constantly since I have like no magic defense lol
Don't worry bruh i'll use Protect and Shell on all of us so the baddies can't do poop to us lol.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hmmm...

Should I go to the store and buy a physical game I do want (Xenoblade Chronicles 2), or should I use the digital sales to buy several games I only kind of want (Skyrim, Doom, etc).

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Hmmm...

Should I go to the store and buy a physical game I do want (Xenoblade Chronicles 2), or should I use the digital sales to buy several games I only kind of want (Skyrim, Doom, etc).
Well if you really want Xenoblade Chronicles 2 then I think you should get that one.

Chrono.

Hmmm...

I say go for Xenoblade 2 since you seem to really want it.

Doom and Skyrim go on sale kinda regularly anyway.

Ivander

Smash Legend
How long are the Digital Switch sales going for? I'm asking cause there are a few games I'm interested in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom