• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
In that book 3 teaser, it looks like the king and queen of Askr are dead as Alphonse finds them.

Not to mention that Loki implied only shareena was gonna live. Meaning Alphonse might get the axe too since fyorm isn't in the new xenolouge which was all about death and setting the new villain up.

Chrono.

So the DBH Switch game has a Great Saiyaman 3.

Its likely an older present timeline Trunks.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
This talk of villains made me think of a question.

In fictuon, do you think there is a point where a villain can't come back from? Like how far is too far for a heel face turn?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
... so fallen hero?
Kinda.

Maybe I should state all the plotpoints of said character. I'll do a big write-up on all the plotpoints I had in mind and maybe you'd get a better idea of what I mean.

TL:DR i'm bad at explaining things lol.

Ivander

Smash Legend
In that book 3 teaser, it looks like the king and queen of Askr are dead as Alphonse finds them.

Not to mention that Loki implied only shareena was gonna live. Meaning Alphonse might get the axe too since fyorm isn't in the new xenolouge which was all about death and setting the new villain up.
Except Loki literally said that Death's scythe was hanging above her. Until shown otherwise, it seems like Sharena's going to die.
I saw some discussion on FE villains that I missed so I just want to throw out my two cents: Zephiel sucks. Zephiel ****ing sucks.
His whole motivation is "my dad hated me so **** humanity", he literally has no other reason to be such a Misanthrope Supreme. And it sucks because I like this trope quite a bit, but the reason it works at all is because the characters who hate humanity are those that suffered REAL bad abuse and come from hopeless backgrounds.
Zephiel is the literal primce of a country, he had a sister he loved and a mother whose relationship he mended after FE7, the only bad thing in his life was his ******* of a father who, admitedly, was an *******. But this whole "humanity sucks" from him makes no sense, literally no one else ever harmed the guy. Him starting a continental war to commit genocide and replace humans with dragons is the equivalent of a rich white boy shouting "SJWS ARE RUINING MY CHILDREN'S CARTOON!" on twitter.
Well, if they do a Binding Blade/Blazing Blade remake, we could get more for Zephiel's backstory than just that. On the other hand, with how IS has been doing stories lately.....at what cost? inb4Zephiel'slifewasruinedevenmorebecauseHectorbroughtArmads

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

New interview with a lot of interesting bits of information.

Prihana plant was chosen because Sakurai saw him like Mr Game and Watch, someone that bought something completely different to the table.

He considers it a miracle that as a freelancer he's able to get all these character rights. And more, worth a read for sure.

D

Deleted member

In fictuon, do you think there is a point where a villain can't come back from? Like how far is too far for a heel face turn?
When the villain actually takes pleasures in the acts they're commiting. That just proves to me they don't want redemption.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Kinda.

Maybe I should state all the plotpoints of said character. I'll do a big write-up on all the plotpoints I had in mind and maybe you'd get a better idea of what I mean.

TL:DR i'm bad at explaining things lol.
Have you played FF15? There's a character quite similar to that.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

I would say whenever the villain desires to become god over the world, and the moment they succeed they are past the point of no return. Why? Because they're the most powerful character in the universe and their pride has reached the worst point possible, so much so that they'll never be able to recognize their flaws because their ego is too large to notice any flaws with themselves.
Example: Light Yagami

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Except Loki literally said that Death's scythe was hanging above her. Until shown otherwise, it seems like Sharena's going to die.

Well, if they do a Binding Blade/Blazing Blade remake, we could get more for Zephiel's backstory than just that. On the other hand, with how IS has been doing stories lately.....at what cost? inb4Zephiel'slifewasruinedevenmorebecauseHectorbroughtArmads
True, but she also implied they'll meet before she is killed.

Not to mention the original teaser has shareena watch someone die.
If she dies I think she's the last to go. And if they all ****ing die.

I wonder how much the story progresses from there.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Have you played FF15? There's a character quite similar to that.
I haven't lol. Which character is that?

Sephiroth is pretty much the poster boy for that trope.

And of course what he does in the events of FF7 only drives that point home even more so.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

And of course what he does in the events of FF7 only drives that point home even more so.
The big bad. I won't spoil it for you, butbif you want to know, his name is...
Ardyn

Morally I believe redemption can come at any point.
Realistically, the point of no return is when they enter their giant final form and the music gets the chorus and a big health bar appears over their head

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Sephiroth comes back from being a villain? I guess I gotta plythrough the whole game lol

KMDP

Smash Legend

Anything falling under a Moral Event Horizon, I'd wager.

More seriously, it really depends on the writer.

Example:
In most media, Endeavor's history of Spousal and Child Abuse would be a Moral Event Horizon, he'd be an evil POS and that'd be that, but Horikoshi is (slowly) showing him trying to make amends for his crimes against his family (even if he won't be forgiven for it by the relevant parties)

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Ura Ura
(Google all the Trope names because I can't link them all right now)
A simple hero becoming a villain would be a Face-Heel Turn
He Who Fights Monsters could be what you're looking for but it applies mostly to when we see that happen
Anakin/Darth Vader falls under both Used To Be A Sweet Kid and From Nobody To Nightmare but I'm not sure these are exactly what you're looking for.
Finally, there's Became Their Own Antithesis which I believe also applies to him.

The thing is, I'm not sure if those would apply if we don't see the character turn evil, as I'm pretty sure these started to apply to Anakin with the prequels as they all focus on the change of morality.
I'm digging through his TV Tropes page right now, might find something else
... so fallen hero?
So yeah, kinda TL:DR lol. Read if you care.
- Story is set in the medieval times kinda similar to Fire Emblem but also like The Legend of Zelda/Castlevania. The setting is sort of a Crapsack World where many of the nobles are Selfish Jerkasses who's main priority is obtaining power and have no reservations starting wars to acquire resources or are straight up Sycophants who are Slimy Opportunists.
- Character grows up in poverty as a child, becomes a knight and eventually becomes the most powerful warrior in his land. His potential is recognized by the king and he becomes good friends with the prince as well as falling in love with one of the noble mages.
- A huge war breaks out that pits humanity against dragons (think something like "The Scouring" from FE6/FE7) and said character wields a blade from the gods (all that divine **** and "chosen by destiny") that allows him to end the dragon advance and save humanity from annihilation, thus becoming the saviour of mankind in the process.
- A tragic event takes place where said character is manipulated in to doing something that causes the death of his loved one and worst of all, he's made to be blamed and thrown in to exile.
- In there, he realizes how messed up the world is for throwing him, an innocent man to die a death as well as his loved one after he had worked so hard to save the human race from extinction; questions the sanity of everyone as well as the gods who chose them as their "hero". Character swears revenge against humanity whom he believes "stabbed him in the back" and learns of the black arts; becoming something of a demi-god himself. Said character also becomes something of a cult-like figure who amasses supporters for his twisted goal of ending the human race and creating a new world order where he would be worshiped as a god.
- Character is brought down by his once close ally (said prince) who brings about all the nations of the world to put an end to his ambition and is killed. However, his cult lives on and his ideology is worshiped for the ages to come.
- Countless ages later, his cult manages to resurrect him through a spell left secret for ages (after numerous failed attempts). Said character once again attempts to end humanity only now more powerful than ever. And that's where the actual story beigns when the descendant of the prince sets out to stop the character (who ironically enough would go on to wield the same blade, chosen by the gods as well to put an end to the character for good).
I might or might not have ripped off a lot of plotpoints from a lot of iconic games lol (looking at you LoZ, FE, and CV).

So IDK what trope said character would fall under. Tragic Hero would be the best fit I guess.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
- Story is set in the medieval times kinda similar to Fire Emblem but also like The Legend of Zelda/Castlevania. The setting is sort of a Crapsack World where many of the nobles are Selfish Jerkasses who's main priority is obtaining power and have no reservations starting wars to acquire resources or are straight up Sycophants who are Slimy Opportunists.
- Character grows up in poverty as a child, becomes a knight and eventually becomes the most powerful warrior in his land. His potential is recognized by the king and he becomes good friends with the prince as well as falling in love with one of the noble mages.
- A huge war breaks out that pits humanity against dragons (think something like "The Scouring" from FE6/FE7) and said character wields a blade from the gods (all that divine **** and "chosen by destiny") that allows him to end the dragon advance and save humanity from annihilation, thus becoming the saviour of mankind in the process.
- A tragic event takes place where said character is manipulated in to doing something that causes the death of his loved one and worst of all, he's made to be blamed and thrown in to exile.
- In there, he realizes how messed up the world is for throwing him, an innocent man to die a death after he had worked so hard to save the human race from extinction; questions the sanity of everyone as well as the gods who chose them as their "hero". Character swears revenge against humanity whom he believes "stabbed him in the back" and learns of the black arts; becoming something of a demi-god himself. Said character also becomes something of a cult-like figure who amasses supporters for his twisted goal of ending the human race and creating a new world order where he would be worshiped as a god.
- Character is brought down by his once close ally (said prince) who brings about all the nations of the world to put an end to his ambition and is killed. However, his cult lives on and his ideology is worshiped for the ages to come.
- Countless ages later, his cult manages to resurrect him through a spell left secret for ages (after numerous failed attempts). Said character once again attempts to end humanity only now more powerful than ever. And that's where the actual story beigns when the descendant of the prince sets out to stop the character (who ironically enough would go on to wield the same blade, chosen by the gods as well to put an end to the character for good).
I might or might not have ripped off a lot of plotpoints from a lot of iconic games lol (looking at you LoZ, FE, and CV).

So IDK what trope said character would fall under. Tragic Hero would be the best fit I guess.
Oh, geez that's a lot of trope.

This backstory sounds a lot like the backstory of Live A Live's Oersted. Not saying that's a bad thing, though.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Oh, geez that's a lot of trope.

This backstory sounds a lot like the backstory of Live A Live's Oersted. Not saying that's a bad thing, though.
I never heard of that story before. Is that some sort of play or novel?

I mean **** I already knew my story was the ******* child of Fire Emblem & Castlevania but man that's a lot to have in common with lol.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I have reached the Eastern Palace dungeon in A Link to the Past (first dungeon unless you count Hyrule Castle at the start of the game). Will play it more later, and so far I'm loving it, even more than OOT. Looking at the game from a bird's eye view is easier to do, and Link feels fast and quick, and despite being young in the game his sword range feels decent enough, compared to OOT.

Excited to play more of it later. :)

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Reborn items were also found in Jump Force, so Tsuna is likely back.

All of them.
Hell yeah. Ketekyo Hitman Reborn is a guilty pleasure of mine. Taught me that punching stuff with fire fists was cool as ****.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I never heard of that story before. Is that some sort of play or novel?

I mean **** I already knew my story was the ******* child of Fire Emblem & Castlevania but man that's a lot to have in common with lol.
Live A Live is a RPG for the SNES. It's a game split up into six different parts, all with different story lines set in different time periods, they all concern each part's heroes dealings with villains with variations of the name "ODIO".

Basically...
Oersted is the protagonist of the secret Seventh Chapter of the story. Oersted is the Knight of the Medieval Kingdom of Lucretia, who wins the hand of the Kingdom's Princess in a tournament. Unfortunately, the "Demon King" kidnaps the Princess and Oersted engages in a quest to rescue her.

Things repeatedly go wrong for him, bad things piling up for him (like accidentally killing his King) one after another, and it turns out that everything was the plot of his sidekick Straybow, who hates him. Eventually, the Princess kills herself while declaring her love for Straybow...

Oersted snaps, renounces his humanity, and becomes the new Demon King, Odio.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I’ve been thinking up another rpg idea. It’s kinda ff9ish cause the weapons and armour you equip have abilities and passives that you can unlock by getting enough battle points. Battles still give you the normal gold and exp too. Not every weapon hold special abilities though.

D

Deleted member

- In there, he realizes how messed up the world is for throwing him, an innocent man to die a death as well as his loved one after he had worked so hard to save the human race from extinction; questions the sanity of everyone as well as the gods who chose them as their "hero". Character swears revenge against humanity whom he believes "stabbed him in the back" and learns of the black arts; becoming something of a demi-god himself. Said character also becomes something of a cult-like figure who amasses supporters for his twisted goal of ending the human race and creating a new world order where he would be worshiped as a god.

I actually like this setup a lot. I'd say to just make the story about the original prince's quest but I think there's merit in having his descendent wield the same sword as the Hero once did.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Live A Live is a RPG for the SNES. It's a game split up into six different parts, all with different story lines set in different time periods, they all concern each part's heroes dealings with villains with variations of the name "ODIO".

Basically...
Oersted is the protagonist of the secret Seventh Chapter of the story. Oersted is the Knight of the Medieval Kingdom of Lucretia, who wins the hand of the Kingdom's Princess in a tournament. Unfortunately, the "Demon King" kidnaps the Princess and Oersted engages in a quest to rescue her.

Things repeatedly go wrong for him, bad things piling up for him (like accidentally killing his King) one after another, and it turns out that everything was the plot of his sidekick Straybow, who hates him. Eventually, the Princess kills herself while declaring her love for Straybow...

Oersted snaps, renounces his humanity, and becomes the new Demon King, Odio.
I see, kinda funny to think there was a plot similar to mine lol. There's a lot of similarities but like this character I have in mind (Cornellius as I like to call him) was essentially schemed in to committing a horrible act and became vilified for his actions that he was innocent of which serves as
the basis for his vendetta against humanity. Then he becomes a cult-like figure whom his supporters worship and fear. Basically, the common man ascending to greatness only to lose it all and become a bitter, jaded shell of what he used to be. Makes for a more out there villain VS the ones more common in fiction.

That and I imagine him having a younger and older version. I looked at this "Oersted" character and he seems to be the same in all his appearances. Then again I never played that game. Might look in to it if it's available on the PS3.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I see, kinda funny to think there was a plot similar to mine lol. There's a lot of similarities but like this character I have in mind (Cornellius as I like to call him) was essentially schemed in to committing a horrible act and became vilified for his actions that he was innocent of which serves as
the basis for his vendetta against humanity. Then he becomes a cult-like figure whom his supporters worship and fear. Basically, the common man ascending to greatness only to lose it all and become a bitter, jaded shell of what he used to be. Makes for a more out there villain VS the ones more common in fiction.

That and I imagine him having a younger and older version. I looked at this "Oersted" character and he seems to be the same in all his appearances. Then again I never played that game. Might look in to it if it's available on the PS3.
The thing about Oersted is that his misanthropy transcends time, all the villains with similar names are incarnations of his will.

Also, by the time he becomes the Demon King, everyone is either dead, hates him, or both (naturally, killing the King didn't go over well with the public).
Obviously, what's more important is execution. The cult aspect makes Cornelius very different from Oersted.

What I'm trying to say is "Don't worry about it." :laugh:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
literal shower thought: Once a person starts throwing insults at you and calling you names in an argument, you should be able to reply with a "KO" gif because they already lost the argument if they resort it insults...

anyway, whats going on here?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom