• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Well the point of the avatar would be to do all that cool stuff the other characters can. Remove that and the avatar is a little pointless.
Well, the developers of Dragon Ball Xenoverse had the sense to make it impossible to give stuff like "moves that required your arm to stretch" to CaC's that don't make sense (in this case, CaCs that aren't Namekians or Majins).

Let's say your Jump Force character is meant to be a Normal Human™, it'd be fine to give them, say, the Kamehameha or Rasengan (because anyone in Dragon Ball and Naruto can do those techniques if trained to), but it wouldn't make sense for them to be able to use Super Saiyan or the Tailed Beast form.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yo, I gotta a question for y'all TV Tropes lovers. (Paging @Shishœ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei @Prince Alucard Coricus Coricus who are experts at this stuff lol).

Is there a specific trope for an ex-hero that's the main villain of the story? Like said villain by the time of the events of the story is already a crazed Misanthrope Supreme but in the distant past (referred to in the story's events) was a hero to mankind and fought to save humanity...only to become the very thing he fought against.

That's more or less the plotpoint of a story I have in my head lol.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Was wondering when this would pop up:
Nice to see that it's not a "Too Big" joke. That would've been too predictable. On the other hand.....

"Not surprising. Samus is a beast!"

This is going to go one of many ways. I can hear the pencils, typing and scratches as I speak. :smash: I will laugh so hard if there is a Spirit battle that uses Pit & ZSSamus and they represent a couple, much like how Nia's Spirit battle has an Incineroar that represents Dromarch.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yo, I gotta a question for y'all TV Tropes lovers. (Paging @Shishœ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei @Prince Alucard Coricus Coricus who are experts at this stuff lol).

Is there a specific trope for an ex-hero that's the main villain of the story? Like said villain by the time of the events of the story is already a crazed Misanthrope Supreme but in the distant past (referred to in the story's events) was a hero to mankind and fought to save humanity...only to become the very thing he fought against.

Isn't that just Villain Protagonist?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
What the heck is a TV Trope?

Are they some kind of comic things?
It's a website that will eat your soul if you go too deep into it.

You should check it out if you have time.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Nah...

It's like the main antagonist of the story was once mankind's savior chosen by the gods and all that **** but turned against humanity for spoilery reasons and then he sets out to end humanity through his own wicked scheme.

I guess it would be a blend of He Who Fights Monsters, Face-Heel Turn, "you either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain", and as I mentioned Misanthrope Supreme.
Oh and also Despair Event Horizon would apply to this character as well. A certain event causes him to lose it and swears revenge against humanity.
It's a website that will eat your soul if you go too deep into it.

You should check it out if you have time.
I'm a living testimony to that idea.

So much so there's an actual trope for TV Tropes lmao.

D

Deleted member

What is the appeal? Does it mock cultures? What is TV Tropes main goal?
I feel like I need an incredibly high IQ to truly understand...
I take that as you having a good time.

Which is what I wanted, of course.
Thank you, member of the Lancer club.

I feel like Lancer would make a good friend.

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
What is the appeal? Does it mock cultures? What is TV Tropes main goal?
I feel like I need an incredibly high IQ to truly understand...

I feel like Lancer would make a good husband.
He is a child you sicko.

And no, you don't need a dead meme to understand TVTrope, just go read tropes of your favourites series or games on the website and you understand the appaeal of it....and lost a few hours in the process too.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Afternoon, peeps. How is everyone doing?
I am doing a'ight though my narcolepsy is about to kick in right about now. My adoptive mother is going to forego the traditional turkey in favor of ribs this year. Too much risk of salmonella, she says. But that is okay; who says we Americans have to follow tradition every single year when it comes to Thanksgiving feasts?

Sa, you were not in a good mood yesterday. Feeling a bit better today? As you know, I care deeply about all members here...

Sayonara :kirby:

D

Deleted member

Mega Man must relate to this.
He is a child you sicko.
I know. Why did I say that?
Twitter
And no, you don't need a dead meme to understand TVTrope, just go read tropes of your favourites series or games on the website and you understand the appaeal of it....and lost a few hours in the process too.
Oh. Do I just search for the trope?

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Mega Man must relate to this.

I know. Why did I say that?
Twitter

Oh. Do I just search for the trope?
You said he would make a good husband, even though he is still a child or alteast quit young.

That's just weird man.

Also, just go on TVTrope and search Smash Bros on the search bar or somethin', it's better to see it for yourself then asking questions.

D

Deleted member

****, I'm pretty sure there's a trope about that, hold on, I'm gonna check
Was wondering when this would pop up:
Nice to see that it's not a "Too Big" joke. That would've been too predictable. On the other hand.....

"Not surprising. Samus is a beast!"

This is going to go one of many ways. I can hear the pencils, typing and scratches as I speak. :smash:I will laugh so hard if there is a Spirit battle that uses Pit & ZSSamus and they represent a couple, much like how Nia's Spirit battle has an Incineroar that represents Dromarch.
I love how they reference the confusing canon of multiple Ridleys. Though I'm glad they can't reference the original design as that would be more of a visual joke, that one is better off forgotten

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
****, I'm pretty sure there's a trope about that, hold on, I'm gonna check
Yeah the closest thing I can think of is Anakin Skywalker when it comes to this character. In regards to ex-hero becoming the main villain of the story.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

A Face-Heel turn?

Chrono.

Well, the developers of Dragon Ball Xenoverse had the sense to make it impossible to give stuff like "moves that required your arm to stretch" to CaC's that don't make sense (in this case, CaCs that aren't Namekians or Majins).

Let's say your Jump Force character is meant to be a Normal Human™, it'd be fine to give them, say, the Kamehameha or Rasengan (because anyone in Dragon Ball and Naruto can do those techniques if trained to), but it wouldn't make sense for them to be able to use Super Saiyan or the Tailed Beast form.
Yeah, that's kind of what I was getting at. That I expect multiple races of some sort to make those specific techniques accessible.

Though they're already tip toeing the line by giving them access to Seiya's moves, since the CaCs aren't saints nor have the cloth.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
A Face-Heel turn?
Yeah I noted that but there's like a million different versions of the Face-Heel turn lol. The one I mentioned is when the villain of the story was once a hero but lost it and yadda yadda yadda.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Yeah I noted that but there's like a million different versions of the Face-Heel turn lol. The one I mentioned is when the villain of the story was once a hero but lost it and yadda yadda yadda.
... so fallen hero?

D

Deleted member

Ura Ura
(Google all the Trope names because I can't link them all right now)
A simple hero becoming a villain would be a Face-Heel Turn
He Who Fights Monsters could be what you're looking for but it applies mostly to when we see that happen
Anakin/Darth Vader falls under both Used To Be A Sweet Kid and From Nobody To Nightmare but I'm not sure these are exactly what you're looking for.
Finally, there's Became Their Own Antithesis which I believe also applies to him.

The thing is, I'm not sure if those would apply if we don't see the character turn evil, as I'm pretty sure these started to apply to Anakin with the prequels as they all focus on the change of morality.
I'm digging through his TV Tropes page right now, might find something else

MainJPW

M.T.A
Speaking of Daisy.

She got the moves I tell ya.:falconmelee:
That's the one from Tumblr? I went ahead made a higher quality one in PS because that one's too choppy and not zoomed in enough.

Daisy's always been focused more on her figure than Peach.

This and Luigi's Ultimate render... it's a match made in heaven.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
That's the one from Tumblr? I went ahead made a higher quality one in PS because that one's too choppy and not zoomed in enough.

Daisy's always been focused more on her figure than Peach.

This and Luigi's Ultimate render... it's a match made in heaven.
I just took it from KnowYourMemes, I didn't even know it was from Tumblr.

#TheMoreYouKnowIGuess

But yeah, Daisy is just filled with energy, I'm liking her more and more the more I see of her.

moar

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I’m fantastic, Mister Hatty. How are you?
Healing still. I recently got A Link To The Past on an emulator, and I love it so far! The controls are as smooth as butter, and you can travel across Hyrule much faster in ALTTP than in OOT. The camera is also perfect for this kind of 2d game, which is nice since the OOT camera can be finnicky. I rescued Zelda, and now I'm collecting heart pieces. I will go to dungeon #1 soon.

Getting ready for work.

Being indirectly called a neonazi was probably the zenith of my day.
That's rough, dude. Sorry to hear.

I am feeling good, how about you?

I am about to take my hiatus soon.
Better than yesterday but part of me is still hurting quite a bit.

Terrible, as usual.
Sorry to hear. Perhaps you can do something you can enjoy to get your mind off your struggles.

I am doing a'ight though my narcolepsy is about to kick in right about now. My adoptive mother is going to forego the traditional turkey in favor of ribs this year. Too much risk of salmonella, she says. But that is okay; who says we Americans have to follow tradition every single year when it comes to Thanksgiving feasts?

Sa, you were not in a good mood yesterday. Feeling a bit better today? As you know, I care deeply about all members here...

Sayonara :kirby:
Thank you for your concern. I'm getting better but I hope I can find a counselor soon. I've been moody lately.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I like all of the newcomers in Ultimate.
I will be fine with any DLC they give us. The two DLC I want the most are Steve and Sans though. :p

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
What the **** I want a refund on the time I spent as Dedede in Guest Star now

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
No, I do not go on GameFAQs.

Also it is my opinion. If none of you like it, I do not care.
I mean, I'm OK with it, but those two characters you just mentionned aren't exactly popular with loads of peoples, so be careful is what I'm sayin'.

Me, I made a Sans Mii and some Undertale/Deltarune Mii too, that's all I really need tbh.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom