• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm European so I don't get thanksgiving, isn't it the thing celebrated because some pilgrims were offered very generous hospitality by Native Americans which they accepted only to murder, pilfer and **** said Native Americans after the fact? Genuine question, not trying to start ****

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Well Canadians aren't that much different in regards to portion sizes although America prob has us beat lol.
*resisting semi -offensive comment struggle here"

I'm going to skip Thanksgiving this year. We're gonna have a Friendsgiving instead. Same thing except its after the holiday and its only friends, and no family.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm European so I don't get thanksgiving, isn't it the thing celebrated because some pilgrims were offered very generous hospitality by Native Americans which they accepted only to murder, pilfer and **** said Native Americans after the fact? Genuine question, not trying to start ****
I don't know. All I see the holiday as is a time for family to gather around the damn dinner table for a change, exchange what we're thankful about before stuffing our faces with a bunch of good god damn food and then pass out for the next couple days.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
*resisting semi -offensive comment struggle here"

I'm going to skip Thanksgiving this year. We're gonna have a Friendsgiving instead. Same thing except its after the holiday and its only friends, and no family.
Oh **** I hope that didn't come across as offensive lol. I'm just saying Canada is pretty fat itself despite the fact that a lot make fun of the US for being the one of the fattest countries in the world. So it's like "pot meet kettle" y'know? Haha. I think most of the world (especially western ones) are like that.

Friendsgiving sounds really cool no lie. They should make that an actual holiday.
I had no idea that was the foundation of Thanksgiving. I mean I knew the history from my Canadian & American history courses in High School but **** that's ****ed up.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
No you're fine. I just thought of a Canadian joke but I'm capping it for both of our sakes.

I'm gonna try to make it a yearly thing if it works out. I like the idea too.
Hey no worries shoot. I'm always up for some self-depreciating humor lol.

Friendsgiving sounds better than Thanksgiving. Of course there's always National Friend Day so there's that as well lol.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So I found out the problem with my dock. It'll definitely work for a few hours and then decide to shut off. But all it takes is just a plug out and plug in and it's flickered back to life again. I got no clue what its deal is but at least it still functions.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Wargroove doesn't come out until Q1 2019. Or so we think.

INB4 another delay. :glare:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I had no idea that was the foundation of Thanksgiving. I mean I knew the history from my Canadian & American history courses in High School but **** that's ****ed up.
I'm not sure about the United States version of Thanksgiving, but according to our Canadian history, the first ones who came to Canada celebrated with feasts of thanks for getting past dangerous ice storms and French settlers also held feasts of thanks when they arrived and at some point after making the Order of Good Cheer, also invited the Natives to feast with them and have good times with them.
The main explorer making the feasts, Samuel de Champlain, was trying to make good relations with the Natives, but obviously couldn't apply this to all of them, especially after agreeing with some of their Native allies, the Wendat, Algonquin, Innu, Montagnais and Etchemin tribes, to help against their enemies, the Iroquois and Mohawk tribes. I can't say he was a saint, but he certainly isn't comparable to what's his name from the Spanish Conquistadors.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'm not sure about the United States version of Thanksgiving, but according to our Canadian history, the first ones who came to Canada celebrated with feasts of thanks for getting past dangerous ice storms and French settlers also held feasts of thanks when they arrived and at some point after making the Order of Good Cheer, also invited the Natives to feast with them and have good times with them.
The main explorer making the feasts, Samuel de Champlain, was trying to make good relations with the Natives, but obviously couldn't apply this to all of them, especially after agreeing with some of their Native allies, the Wendat, Algonquin, Innu, Montagnais and Etchemin tribes, to help against their enemies, the Iroquois and Mohawk tribes. I can't say he was a saint, but he certainly isn't comparable to what's his name from the Conquistadors.
**** I wished I paid this much attention in History class lol. Maybe you outta be a historian?

Ivander

Smash Legend
**** I wished I paid this much attention in History class lol. Maybe you outta be a historian?
This is stuff I just end up learning since I like looking at history, especially involving myths, ancient history, biblical history, whatever the Fates series brings up, and whatnot. That and the fact that I definitely remembered at least one important explorer actually trying to get on good terms with the Natives rather than outright pillage and whatnot.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
This is stuff I just end up learning since I like looking at history, especially involving myths, ancient history, biblical history, whatever the Fates series brings up, and whatnot. That and the fact that I definitely remembered at least one settler actually trying to be on good terms with the Natives.
Yeah I recall reading up on some nasty **** going on between the Natives and the Settlers. Apparently there were also some Native tribes that were cruel to other tribes. It's not as clear cut as people make it out to be.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Well I beat Metroid on the NES and jeez louis i did not expect to get the lingerie reveal

D

Deleted member

If we ever have a NintenZone tournament and I am versing Shizue, what will happen?
( He is ignoring me. :p )

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

He probably wouldn’t play in the tourney
Are you sure? :ultpacman:
The main explorer making the feasts, Samuel de Champlain, was trying to make good relations with the Natives, but obviously couldn't apply this to all of them, especially after agreeing with some of their Native allies, the Wendat, Algonquin, Innu, Montagnais and Etchemin tribes, to help against their enemies, the Iroquois and Mohawk tribes. I can't say he was a saint, but he certainly isn't comparable to what's his name from the Spanish Conquistadors.
I am more American History than Canadian, but I just learned something new. Thank you.
I heard America planned to conquer Canada during the Revolutionary War. Someone named Benedict Arnold was incharge. It was flawed.

Last edited by a moderator:

MainJPW

M.T.A

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Alrighty! 25 Mii ready for Ultimate! 'hope the Mii costume are good and varied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom