• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Honestly I’m a bit more worried about Rayman being shown as an Assist Trophy in the Smash Direct than I am about the Grinch leak being fake. :p

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Bushiden, that one indie game I mentioned a couple times before got its Kickstarter goal of 70,000 bucks and then some. They almost went up to an extra 15,000 dollars after that. I'm glad they'll get to finish their product at least. Though they did miss out on making their second character.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh ****, I just realized

Lancer is supposed to be the prince of the legend

Think about it.

He's the character in the silhouette, Ralsei is obviously a monster, you don't actually seal the dark fountain at the end - Unless I got some sort of bad ending. Not to mention, Lancer IS a prince.

Lancer was the prince in the legend. Not Ralsei.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Am I the only one who gets an ominous vibe from the title "Delta Rune"?
In Undertale, that was a symbol representing a being from the surface who would come to save or destroy the monsters. And seeing as the monsters are already on the surface... well...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Well, now I have someone to blame if it happens. :p
Well to be fair I also predicted Steve, Shantae, Chun-Li, Black Mage, Yoshimitsu, and Slime as AT's so lets see how many I get right lol.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Hm... now come to think of it... reinforcements in Valkyria Chronicles wasn't as bad as how FEH is... usually the reinforcements tend to just send shocktroopers or scouts to try to take your main camp. All I had to do was just put some of my shocktroopers in the main camp.
I dunno anything about Valkyria Chronicles or how it handles this stuff, but the biggest thing I want FE to stop doing with reinforcements is to have them show up a dozen turns into a chapter with only one or two enemy units remaining. It's just a waste of time at that point, the extra units aren't really going to pose any challenge when all their allies are already dead - they're just there to try and get a lucky kill on a weak unit and prompt you to reset, which is pretty ****ty.

There are a few ways of handling this particular map better. Some combination of like turn count in addition to killing certain enemies would make it much more bearable - just anything to not make them all spawn at once. Though with how maps in FEH are so small, it rules out a lot of things, like having them trigger when you enter a certain area on the map (FEH maps are so small, and battles so short, that there are certain parts of the map you'll never enter).

One thing that is good when it comes to Valkyria Chronicles is that you don't really have to take down all enemies in order to complete most of the mission (Mostly all skirmish are just taking the camp, story missions though it really differs), as you see how you can make a character OP in this video:
Most main-series FE games are like this too, right down to the making a single character super OP. :p Usually you get a mix of objectives - rout the enemy, seize the enemy throne/castle, defeat the boss, survive a certain number of turns, and so on. FEH doesn't really do enough with those, it has a few "survive X turns" maps, but the bulk of them are just to rout the enemy.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So does anyone know if there's a way to know for sure if you've been blocked? I've noticed there's a certain user, and I won't say any names, who hasn't seemed to respond to anything I've said for a while, even when I quote him.

It's really bugging me because I have no idea what I might have done to warrant a block or if there's something I should apologize for. Of course there's also the chance that I'm just being paranoid and freaking out over nothing.
Am I the only one in this thread that loves to talk to myself?
I talk to myself, but I talk to animals even more. I'm always blabbing off to my dog and feel the need to make comments on neighborhood lizards or kangaroo rats when no one else is around.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin

Now if only I had a proper costume...and somewhere to go...

Iridium

Smash Hero

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I dunno anything about Valkyria Chronicles or how it handles this stuff, but the biggest thing I want FE to stop doing with reinforcements is to have them show up a dozen turns into a chapter with only one or two enemy units remaining. It's just a waste of time at that point, the extra units aren't really going to pose any challenge when all their allies are already dead - they're just there to try and get a lucky kill on a weak unit and prompt you to reset, which is pretty ****ty.

There are a few ways of handling this particular map better. Some combination of like turn count in addition to killing certain enemies would make it much more bearable - just anything to not make them all spawn at once. Though with how maps in FEH are so small, it rules out a lot of things, like having them trigger when you enter a certain area on the map (FEH maps are so small, and battles so short, that there are certain parts of the map you'll never enter).
Basically Valkyria Chronicles is like Fire Emblem but just with guns and action based gameplay. Oh yeah, and tanks... of course, and it isn't one person per action like FE but based on how many CPs and how far the soldier/tank moves based on their AP, CPs can be used many times on a certain character, and their AP drains in each time you use the CP. Even if you don't use up all the CPs the CPs will take over to the next turn.

Reinforcement in VC1 and VC4, so far is pretty mediocre for most of the time...

And yea, maps in VC are pretty big, but also... you need to use scouts to spot enemies sometimes, which can be annoying.

Most main-series FE games are like this too, right down to the making a single character super OP. :p Usually you get a mix of objectives - rout the enemy, seize the enemy throne/castle, defeat the boss, survive a certain number of turns, and so on. FEH doesn't really do enough with those, it has a few "survive X turns" maps, but the bulk of them are just to rout the enemy.
Yeah, but VC you can use Order ability to awaken the character's potential and just make every stat boost up, but of course each Order can only be used once per match.

And a majority of missions in Valkyria Chronicles limits to 20 turns too... it was never a big deal for most of the time, but if you tend to misfire a lot, chances are you need a lot of turns to complete a mission.

And yes this is definitely subjective to say but I think Valkyria Chronicles' battle system is way more flexible than FEs'/ Advance Wars style battle system. Sure the enemy AI are pretty weird in VC1 and VC4 but how you can organized your troops, decide which to retreat, or store your CP first makes tactics limitless.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Hey fellas, what'd you go as for Halloween?
Me, I went as an abomination.

Last Saturday for a party, I had to wear a costume...so I had my two best friends throw something together in 10 minutes.

• Naruto cloak
  • Goku's Super Saiyan hair
  • A full-body turkey jumpsuit
  • Mario and Luigi slippers
And they let me go as this...IN SCHOOL.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Last Saturday for a party, I had to wear a costume...so I had my two best friends throw something together in 10 minutes.

• Naruto cloak
I went as the most horrifying thing of all...

Myself :yoshi:

I don't really go trick-or-treating

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Wow, the trick-or-treater turnout here is huge from this year.

The last couple years have been disappointingly low.
everyone on my stree are in my age range, 20s, so barely anyone comes around and if they do, they are gone suuper early. Which, ya know, is a plus for me

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

• Naruto cloak
I haven't done anything Halloween related in years. It's not a holiday I care about, unless... stuff.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I went as the most horrifying thing of all...

Myself :yoshi:

I don't really go trick-or-treating
I don't either, but I would have went with this...if I could make a costume.

helloween_jack-lantern.jpg

It...works.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I didn't even realize this was a video from the official pokemon channel until just now. I was like, why is this AMV in my subs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom