• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Nikki literally knows nothing when it comes to directs.When it comes to datamining yeah she's great and i probably always go to her first but her nintendo direct predictions should never be token at face value(Really so many people on this board put to much stock in her words)

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
aldelaro5 aldelaro5

It's true that lack of information is disheartening when it comes to expectations for games. But at least you'll get to see for yourself quite soon.

Though if your initial forecast is mixed to negative, you put yourself at risk of not enjoying the game completely when it comes out. Of course they aren't going to show absolutely everything about how the M&L portion of the game plays or anything besides the main case. If they do, then any possible negativity already present in your mind is liable to becoming worse and you go into the complete game with a negative bias due to your own expectations, plus there is much less surprise than there would have been had they not said anything. The devs want you to see changes for yourself as well.

I should clarify that it's perfectly fine to be skeptical; what others are saying is that maybe you're a bit too skeptical based on limited footage and a few Famtisu articles. Just give it some time. :)
first, please tag BEFORE you edit, tagging after edits doesn;t do alerts and I coudl have very well skipped that post.

......and i think we all have a misunderstanding.

I see A LOT of good about the game. It actually turns out that the good part in see is the one I would care the most. This is why no matter what happens, this is actually enough for me to buy the game.

What i am doubtful is on a perspective that technically, I care less and it;s the m&l part. That's it, it;s not going to make me think the whole game is negative, but ONLY that part which I care less.

So, does it mean that I mostly am positive all things combined? yes. Does it mean I think it would be good as an m&l game?

This is the question that I am doubtful on. And this is how it goes because the worst case is no, but i still get to enjoy the rest which I actually love anyway.

And btw, I think you shoudln;t worry much. the fact that there;s freaking paper mario stuff is already a boost in motivation for 100% (idk if I will, but it;s already mroe likely from the start), but the fact that there;s already parts i know I will like.......yeah, idk what's the problem here.

sorry If I wasn;t clear, but I am negative on a PART of the game that I don;t care as much as the rest which I am very positive on.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
You know what I'm tired of seeing all this misinformation.

Get ready for Twilight Princess HD announcement on YouTube and Twitter with no Direct

Why? Because we deserve it. All the leaks, rumors and data mining has to stop.

Nintendo is punishing us and it's all our fault. Enjoy having no Direct until January and all of its announcements being on other media except for theirs

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I completely forgot they switched his dominant hand. Small details like that would be interesting to see in a remake.

And twitter really needs to stop being the new leak factory...
They were just so lazy about it. Rather than change all the animations that used his hands, like opening doors and stuff, they just mirrored the entire game. To me it looks and feels off. It's hard to explain, but like, the brain is hardwired to scan a room counter-clockwise, but everything in the room is now laid out clockwise.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Nikki literally knows nothing when it comes to directs.When it comes to datamining yeah she's great and i probably always go to her first but her nintendo direct predictions should never be token at face value(Really so many people on this board put to much stock in her words)
How many is "many people?"

Just saying, more people here seem to think, "she doesn't know anything".

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
They were just so lazy about it. Rather than change all the animations that used his hands, like opening doors and stuff, they just mirrored the entire game. To me it looks and feels off. It's hard to explain, but like, the brain is hardwired to scan a room counter-clockwise, but everything in the room is now laid out clockwise.
True, didn't they even mention the switch somewhere? I also wonder if they would do what you said and base it more off the gamecube version rather then the wii version.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
serious?

Because I feel it's the opposite for me. if I go in a room, I feel checking to my right before to the left (and for no reasons)......

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
serious?

Because I feel it's the opposite for me. if I go in a room, I feel checking to my right before to the left (and for no reasons)......
It is different for people, either way could be done by a person, so it isn't necessarily wrong, but it may not be the most common way to look I'd imagine.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Direct on Friday in NA would be good because that would mean I can watch it :awesome:
Let's ask the Magic Conch. O Magic Conch, will we get a Direct on Friday

Next week?

Ever?

(Moral of the story, don't get your hopes up until Nintendo says it. Also all hail the Magic Conch)

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
How many is "many people?"

Just saying, more people here seem to think, "she doesn't know anything".
I can't really tell.I remember going to the official character discussion page the other day and seeing people ready for a direct announcement bbecause Nikki said to expect the direct today

Last edited by a moderator:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Honestly though, with all this stuff coming, it's a bit shocking that a direct may not come at all.
Not really. Let's be honest here, almost every big announcement from Pokemon GO, Pikmin 4, Smash & Splatoon content and most others came from other media

Plus, you gotta remember what happened last July, they lost their president to where it shook up the company HARD. To where they had to rush for a replacement soon.

It's hard to go back to what they did when Iwata passed.

There's nothing much they can do and expecting a Direct after a shakeup like this and the weird unknown just shows that we don't know what can we expect.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Aw man...

I want to buy and play TP HD.

But I haven't even beaten WW HD...

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Did you know?

Wario apparently runs another business that isn't WarioWare. I just saw it when driving around.

That's amazing.

Near me, I have Mario's Pizza:
mario.png

and The Grotto:
grotto.jpg

but I think your obvious Brawl model rip-off passed off as looking Hispanic (???) takes the cake.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
serious?

Looking toward your right is counter-clockwise.

If you enter a room at 12 o'clock, to your right is 11 o'clock, ergo you're looking counter clockwise.

The Zelda games are actually designed around this phenomenon, though I'd imagine subconsciously.

In Zelda 1, the first dungeon is located up and to the right from where you start, in a natural location for a new player to wind up, because most players will go right first. In ALTTP, as soon as you leave the Sanctuary and have access to the open world for the first time, Kakariko Village is situated counter clockwise to your location, subtly pushing players toward the safe town filled with NPCs first thing. The same thing occurs in OoT, Kakariko is counter clockwise from Kokiri Forest, and most players will head right when they enter Hyrule Field for the first time, pushing players in the correct direction, and away from the peahat enemies located immediately clockwise from Kokiri forest. Notice how in both games, despite Kakariko Village being in a completely different part of the map, the player is still placed in a location where Kakariko will be the first thing they encounter if they proceed in the predictable counter clockwise path.

Twilight Princess is no different. Once again Kakariko is your first destination when entering Hyrule Field, and once again it is immediately to your right, counter clockwise. Unless you're playing the Wii version, where it's not a full revolution away.

It's such a prevailing, naturally ingrained instinct that everything is based on it. A baseball diamond is run counter clockwise. A race track is run counter clockwise. There is some evidence to suggest this is a Northern Hemisphere phenomenon, however. So all you Aussies were probably right at home with the Wii version.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Why are we still using Nikki as a source for information on this?

She. Doesn't. Know. The. Dates. Of. Nintendo. Directs.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

If you enter a room at 12 o'clock, to your right is 11 o'clock, ergo you're looking counter clockwise.

The Zelda games are actually designed around this phenomenon, though I'd imagine subconsciously.

In Zelda 1, the first dungeon is located up and to the right from where you start, in a natural location for a new player to wind up, because most players will go right first. In ALTTP, as soon as you leave the Sanctuary and have access to the open world for the first time, Kakariko Village is situated counter clockwise to your location, subtly pushing players toward the safe town filled with NPCs first thing. The same thing occurs in OoT, Kakariko is counter clockwise from Kokiri Forest, and most players will head right when they enter Hyrule Field for the first time, pushing players in the correct direction, and away from the peahat enemies located immediately clockwise from Kokiri forest. Notice how in both games, despite Kakariko Village being in a completely different part of the map, the player is still placed in a location where Kakariko will be the first thing they encounter if they proceed in the predictable counter clockwise path.

Twilight Princess is no different. Once again Kakariko is your first destination when entering Hyrule Field, and once again it is immediately to your right, counter clockwise. Unless you're playing the Wii version, where it's not a full revolution away.

It's such a prevailing, naturally ingrained instinct that everything is based on it. A baseball diamond is run counter clockwise. A race track is run counter clockwise. There is some evidence to suggest this is a Northern Hemisphere phenomenon, however. So all you Aussies were probably right at home with the Wii version.
Hm..

Does that have something to do with most people being right handed?

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326

Maybe that's why I struggle with Zelda 1... I have a tendency to always go left first when exploring. Now that you mention it though, I bet I do that because I want to find the extra content and secrets first, and I've subconciously caught on that if game progression typically occurs to my right, then bonus stuff is typically to my left!

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
OoT, MM, WW and TP all getting remade in a single generation is overkill imo, classic as they might be.

They should remake Sunshine instead. It would look all purty and shiny with the Wii U graphics, the system could use another 3D Platformer, Sunshine needs more love, Mario hasn't been remade nearly as much as Zelda as of late, there are a lot more Mario amiibos for potential compatibility (unless they make more Zelda amiibos... which they probably will eventually) and they can tie in Sunshine stuff with Splatoon promotion cause everyone already wants that.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Hm..

Does that have something to do with most people being right handed?
Well, most people are right-footed. Even left-handed people are about 60% likely to be right-footed and always lead off with the right step. I'm sure that has something to do with it.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Well, most people are right-footed. Even left-handed people are about 60% likely to be right-footed and always lead off with the right step. I'm sure that has something to do with it.
I'm pretty sure that's because we as kids observe the walking and imitate what we see. It's the extremely left-handed that tend to go with what feels natural rather than what we see others doing.

Neo Zero

Thank you.

I came here to ask you all to unfollow her on Twitter but felt like a bully.

She's being a brat though.
Brat or not, that isn't cool to suggest off handedly. That'd be the real bratish thing to do.

(Plus I barely follow anyone on Twitter, mostly just people who also hate Twitter so I follow them to annoy them lol)

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I'm pretty sure that's because we as kids observe the walking and imitate what we see. It's the extremely left-handed that tend to go with what feels natural rather than what we see others doing.
Well, ultimately the cause isn't as important as the effect.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

So remember this awesome intro?

Let's look a bit closer. Notice how all the characters have a part lit up to glow in the dark?

Let's do that for Smash. Except not just Smash 4, every character in the series.

So what part would be lit up, and what color would it be?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Brat or not, that isn't cool to suggest off handedly. That'd be the real bratish thing to do.

(Plus I barely follow anyone on Twitter, mostly just people who also hate Twitter so I follow them to annoy them lol)
True. I'll edit my post.

I just wish we wouldn't give people who are clearly trying to stir the pot so much attention.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Oh my god, Chibi Robo Zip Lash is literally self aware of Amiibo problems.
Scanning in different amiibos gives you new capsules you can potentially get from the Capsule Vending Machine based on the character you scanned in. Not only that, but different Amiibos have different Rarity levels.
For example, the Mario Pose and Link poses are uncommon. Meanwhile, the Little Mac and Shulk pose are "Rediculously Rare".
Nintendo, you cheeky, cheeky little punks.

Last edited:

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It's been a while but I finally uploaded another Mario Maker course.

1712-0000-00A8-F3C2

Definitely learned a lot through this course as it took forever getting the atmosphere correct (hopefully meaningful DLC is coming soon). Has a fairly hard section near the end, but I hid some items to help again.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
OoT, MM, WW and TP all getting remade in a single generation is overkill imo, classic as they might be.

They should remake Sunshine instead. It would look all purty and shiny with the Wii U graphics, the system could use another 3D Platformer, Sunshine needs more love, Mario hasn't been remade nearly as much as Zelda as of late, there are a lot more Mario amiibos for potential compatibility (unless they make more Zelda amiibos... which they probably will eventually) and they can tie in Sunshine stuff with Splatoon promotion cause everyone already wants that.
This is kind of how I feel. Twilight Princess is one of my favorite Zeldas (I mean, I love the series enough that I could say that about a lot of the games, but still), but it happening right now makes me not even want to get it. MM3D was already feeling like oversaturation and another remake is just...I don't know, it's just too much IMO.

I'd be down with a Sunshine remake since it's probably my favorite Mario and I've certainly gotten enough replay value out of the original to justify getting a second copy...but honestly, I just wish Nintendo would stay away from remakes in general for now. I eat remakes up really easily because I already replay my favorites so much that I might as well get an updated version to replay, but I like them few and far between, because it gets difficult to justify essentially re-buying a game at some point, and a fourth Zelda remake in one generation is definitely reaching that point. I guess I can't complain since I've gotten all three of the other remakes (though in fairness, they've all been gifts so I haven't purchased them myself), and I imagine it's profitable enough that it's hard to argue against it, but it just feels so cheap to me.

Not trying to diminish anybody else's excitement, these are just my personal feelings about it right now.

Neo Zero

True. I'll edit my post.

I just wish we wouldn't give people who are clearly trying to stir the pot so much attention.
Perhaps, but we're all only human. It takes a great deal of willpower to sit on information and anyone who can should be commended, even if we might never know who they are.

Plus at least they're no where near as bad as Etika.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Everyone forgetting about epic amazon leaks.

at this point Nintendo itself could announce something and I wouldn't believe it.
I was going to bring this up. The Amazon blog leaks were hilarious way back when. I didn't even know Amazon HAD blogs!

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN

So remember this awesome intro?

Let's look a bit closer. Notice how all the characters have a part lit up to glow in the dark?

Let's do that for Smash. Except not just Smash 4, every character in the series.

So what part would be lit up, and what color would it be?
The holy white light of Palutena's sacred treasures if you know what I mean :troll:
obviously the one's that Pit wields, duh. What's his is hers =P

domokl

Smash Lord
well if nothing is announced on Thursday about a Friday direct its gonna be another week or two of this leak. I don't know if I can handle another two weeks of this leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom