• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Im really dissapointed that you guys have been talking about SF3 characters returning for SF5.....
...and yet you haven't even mentioned Alex....

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Im really dissapointed that you guys have been talking about SF3 characters returning for SF5.....
...and yet you haven't even mentioned Alex....
Because we're already expecting him as DLC?
He's not being talked about because most of us are citing the weird unlikable SF3 characters as a joke.

Last edited:

Zekrom101

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zekrom101
My Top 5 characters from SF3, i also want to see in SFV

1. Hugo
2. Q
3. Oro
4. Necro
5. Dudley

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Here's a fun game I played with my work friends today:

If you had to get one Pokemon tattooed onto you body, what would it be and where?

I would get a Magenemite tattooed onto my forearm because it's my fave Poke-, recognisable enough and I think it'd look cool.

:081::081::081::081::081::081:
Interesting... If I were to get a tattoo, I'd actually like it to look somewhat complex and/or badbutt. So, now to go down the list of my favorite Pokemon in order until I find one that meets that criteria...

:101: Nope
:045: Eh
:034: There it is.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Interesting... If I were to get a tattoo, I'd actually like it to look somewhat complex and/or badbutt. So, now to go down the list of my favorite Pokemon in order until I find one that meets that criteria...

:101: Nope
:045: Eh
:034: There it is.
I loooove Nidoking. Whenever I do a ground or poison type run he's in it 100%.

That'd look so badass.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I already watched 3 parts of the Undertale Game Grumps walkthrough, I NEED TO BUY THIS!
Papyrus and Sans are so lovable, I want to hug them! Going to make a Steam account.

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
All this Street Fighter talk. I just got Ultra Street Fighter IV from the Humble Bundle, but until I play that all I know of Street Fighter is the few memories I have of Street Fighter II on SNES.

I got a Tri-Force Heroes demo code from a friend despite not caring about it because he had no one else to give it to.

I've been playing Dragon Quest Heroes. It's fun. Jessica has an attack called "Sexy Beam."

I already watched 3 parts of the Undertale Game Grumps walkthrough, I NEED TO BUY THIS! Papyrus and Sans are so lovable. Going to make a Steam account.
Get TF2. It's free. and amazing. and it has hats. lots of hats. Like. . . a lot of hats.

Another person joins the master race of PC/Undertale

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Well gamexplain was faster than push, but I still asked mroe info to push so anyway:

What push ddin't said is the thing when paper mario stretches, idk if they read the text to say this, but they claim that he extends his body. Which is weird but anyway :)

The drill seems weird to but anyway.

And the new trio attack is awesome :)

But tbh......that seems to be it, I still would wait for push because he might have read something they didn;t, but yeah.

so, guys now I think I still know enough to update my impressions on the game.

As an MARIO AND LUIGI game, you judge because I really have weird feels I shouldn’t have. The worlds were similar as SS which to me is kinda bland (and especially if they have the names the video said), but the thing is, for an m&l game, that world diversity is very low. I really liked the DT one, yes it was the same canvas (plain and dessert), but I felt it was deeper than "just grass and desert", I really felt a deepness. I played superstar saga and DT and I feel it's lower in level design.

Battle system seems to be a strong point tbh, I think I expect a lot of good new stuff out of it with how they can have more attacks options, but also more difficulties. some might get worried about their length and tbh, I don;t cause Paper Mario :)

But everything else, I have a weird "seems too generic" feels. i feel the boss could have been other than bowser and would have been nice (AT LEAST DT had this going of giving you another villain). I feel the enemies could be more varied, I feel the plot should have been a bit deeper so far and etc.....

idk, if I take this as an m&l game, I have my doubts.

But here's what I actually noticed: take ONLY the paper mario part......and it's actually very VERY good.

let me explain, the complains i had with SS was it broke what could have worked for the series by this I means the part of the series that is loved mostly. SS tried to do that, but just failed imo because of how the mechanic and flow were just messed up.

This, if I take this purely in paper mario perspective, first, I really feel the artstyle has more depth, even though most of it is m&l, I feel the paper mario part is deeper than SS even though it';s based on it mostly. The paper enemies has attacks that I found quite fun since they have normal attacks and papery stuff, SS tried it, but NOW NOW I realised why they tried, the game has better gameplay to make it look more diverse. for a paper mario game, the combat system offers.......I would it would lack in options, but it doesn;t matter, becasue you control 3 characters. paper Mario, you had 2 with tons of options (or one with few options like spm which was fine). so having 3 with okay options, to me, it balances it out.

There's the paper mario humour as well as the m&l one so that isn;t lost, you still see the quirkiness of paper mario and I would say even his enemies, the bosses offers more varied opportunity etc etc etc.

You get the idea, for a pure paper mario perspective, this game is MILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLES better than SS. Like really, I really feel the structure of the series is still there and is present enough to actually impact the game.

What I am worried is m&l fans, I seriously have a lot of doubts if what was presented was 90% of the game. I even heard complaints of DT being bad and i couldn;t find why, but if DT was deemed so, that game, i am worried.

Who knows, maybe it was actually intended to be m&l, but made in the intent to be enjoyed as Paper Mario, if they actually did that, I will call another genius move out of IS, because it really is.

So yeah I guess I should wait (for push at least), but this was my essay on it so far :)

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Still no direct announcement...........

Announcements are usually 24 hours in advanced. Directs are usually not on a Friday as it'll be Saturday in Japan (Unless its early early morning like the direct that revealed Shulk).

Looks like we aren't getting a direct this week.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I was hyped for Paper Jam, but it looks like they're going the Sticker Star route of having no original characters, only characters that appear in main series Mario games, (minus Starlo) and that removes a lot of the hype.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I was hyped for Paper Jam, but it looks like they're going the Sticker Star route of having no original characters, only characters that appear in main series Mario games, (minus Starlo) and that removes a lot of the hype.
yeah, but the thing I think is instead of affecting badly paper amrio, to me it will affect badly m&l. Because if i check SS, paper jam looks like a massive improvements that actually make sense.

but if I remove SS and remove everything down to the point of this is an m&l game, yeah, that honestly I have doubts.

unless they are super secret about something, this sounds bad for m&l, but actually good for paper mario tbh.....

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Why do you think that? Doesn't really make sense. We haven't seen much footage of any characters, period.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Toadette appeared in Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker and now in Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam?
She is more important than Daisy and Waluigi :^)

Chrono.

Toadette appeared in Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker and now in Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam?
She is more important than Daisy and Waluigi :^)
That reminds me.

Mario-kun is the next DLC costume for Mario Maker.

Last edited:

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Still no direct announcement...........

Announcements are usually 24 hours in advanced. Directs are usually not on a Friday as it'll be Saturday in Japan (Unless its early early morning like the direct that revealed Shulk).

Looks like we aren't getting a direct this week.
Well I'm pretty sure most people were expecting it next week since the 23rd is the date people are speculating stuff by. But the Nintendo Micro Direct in June was a surprise that they didn't mention beforehand, and I think in the past they announced a direct the night before if it was in the morning or the morning of if it was later in the day. Not very often but here and there they'll surprise us.

Edit: All I know is, with all this info "leaking" and people messaging them on all social media platforms asking about the stuff that is leaking, they'll probably be addressing the stuff relatively soon.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Well gamexplain was faster than push, but I still asked mroe info to push so anyway:

What push ddin't said is the thing when paper mario stretches, idk if they read the text to say this, but they claim that he extends his body. Which is weird but anyway :)

The drill seems weird to but anyway.

And the new trio attack is awesome :)

But tbh......that seems to be it, I still would wait for push because he might have read something they didn;t, but yeah.

so, guys now I think I still know enough to update my impressions on the game.

As an MARIO AND LUIGI game, you judge because I really have weird feels I shouldn’t have. The worlds were similar as SS which to me is kinda bland (and especially if they have the names the video said), but the thing is, for an m&l game, that world diversity is very low. I really liked the DT one, yes it was the same canvas (plain and dessert), but I felt it was deeper than "just grass and desert", I really felt a deepness. I played superstar saga and DT and I feel it's lower in level design.

Battle system seems to be a strong point tbh, I think I expect a lot of good new stuff out of it with how they can have more attacks options, but also more difficulties. some might get worried about their length and tbh, I don;t cause Paper Mario :)

But everything else, I have a weird "seems too generic" feels. i feel the boss could have been other than bowser and would have been nice (AT LEAST DT had this going of giving you another villain). I feel the enemies could be more varied, I feel the plot should have been a bit deeper so far and etc.....

idk, if I take this as an m&l game, I have my doubts.

But here's what I actually noticed: take ONLY the paper mario part......and it's actually very VERY good.

let me explain, the complains i had with SS was it broke what could have worked for the series by this I means the part of the series that is loved mostly. SS tried to do that, but just failed imo because of how the mechanic and flow were just messed up.

This, if I take this purely in paper mario perspective, first, I really feel the artstyle has more depth, even though most of it is m&l, I feel the paper mario part is deeper than SS even though it';s based on it mostly. The paper enemies has attacks that I found quite fun since they have normal attacks and papery stuff, SS tried it, but NOW NOW I realised why they tried, the game has better gameplay to make it look more diverse. for a paper mario game, the combat system offers.......I would it would lack in options, but it doesn;t matter, becasue you control 3 characters. paper Mario, you had 2 with tons of options (or one with few options like spm which was fine). so having 3 with okay options, to me, it balances it out.

There's the paper mario humour as well as the m&l one so that isn;t lost, you still see the quirkiness of paper mario and I would say even his enemies, the bosses offers more varied opportunity etc etc etc.

You get the idea, for a pure paper mario perspective, this game is MILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLES better than SS. Like really, I really feel the structure of the series is still there and is present enough to actually impact the game.

What I am worried is m&l fans, I seriously have a lot of doubts if what was presented was 90% of the game. I even heard complaints of DT being bad and i couldn;t find why, but if DT was deemed so, that game, i am worried.

Who knows, maybe it was actually intended to be m&l, but made in the intent to be enjoyed as Paper Mario, if they actually did that, I will call another genius move out of IS, because it really is.

So yeah I guess I should wait (for push at least), but this was my essay on it so far :)
I'm at work but I'll try reply to this later.

Not sure if I agree with you 100% :)

Although we might have had the M&L chat once before...

Chrono.

Well I'm pretty sure most people were expecting it next week since the 23rd is the date people are speculating stuff by. But the Nintendo Micro Direct in June was a surprise that they didn't mention beforehand, and I think in the past they announced a direct the night before if it was in the morning or the morning of if it was later in the day. Not very often but here and there they'll surprise us.

Edit: All I know is, with all this info "leaking" and people messaging them on all social media platforms asking about the stuff that is leaking, they'll probably be addressing the stuff relatively soon.
Nintendo has an investor's meeting on the 28th, so we're probably due for some news either before or shortly after.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Nintendo has an investor's meeting on the 28th, so we're probably due for some news either before or shortly after.
Oh really? So then I can definitely see a direct a few days before so they can talk about the stuff that's planned. Granted the investors would probably have to be part of an NDA so they don't talk about what they saw, but I doubt Nintendo wants to risk more stuff being leaked out to the public.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Why don't they just add Wario and Waluigi to the game? If the final bosses are just the 2 Bowsers, and there is no diversity among NPCs and enemies, this will be a failure in my book.
I like how everyone is just asking about the region lock.
There's also some asking when they'll get a direct. I say we spam when will we get new news for smash bros DLC and games other than triforce heroes. Maybe that will send the message to them.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Why don't they just add Wario and Waluigi to the game? If the final bosses are just the 2 Bowsers, and there is no diversity among NPCs and enemies, this will be a failure in my book.
Ewwww, no thanks.

Wario has his own series, and I'd even take the crappy Sticker Star Bowser with no dialogue over Waluigi.

There's also some asking when they'll get a direct. I say we spam when will we get new news for smash bros DLC and games other than triforce heroes. Maybe that will send the message to them.
Like Nintendo doesn't get enough people begging them for news on a daily basis.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Don't do this.

The only thing you'll do is make yourself look foolish, it's best to just wait. All the evidence points at us getting news very soon anyway.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I say we spam when will we get new news for smash bros DLC and games other than triforce heroes. Maybe that will send the message to them.
Which would make us no better than people on Twitter demanding BALLOT RESULTS NOW PLOX.

Lack of perspective much? :|

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Why do you think that? Doesn't really make sense. We haven't seen much footage of any characters, period.
.....luigi, we have enough to doubt......

it;s not normal that we get SO MUCH info and for whatever reaosns, nothing hypes something like specific characters other than a lakitu. it;s not enoguh to confirm, but I woudl be ok to doubt.

I'm at work but I'll try reply to this later.

Not sure if I agree with you 100% :)

Although we might have had the M&L chat once before...
Actually, let me tell you something because I do remember the chat where I didn't played DT and TRIED to explain why I didn;t liked m&l.

It was becoming more obvious why I don;t like m&l after I played DT, and it;s CLEARLY not the games, it's really my tastes and how I enjoy stuff. DT, really liekd the world design, but superstar saga, i still maintain that felt not enough varied to me......however, THAT IS TO ME. because i coudl see why it would be varied enough for others, I just FELT there wasn;t enough deepness. DT, i did felt it tbh.

The humor, that really didn;t helped and the combat sytem too, I jsut didn;t liked how it was focused on reaction rather than strategy while i found Paper Mario to be a better balance to me.

This game, seems to do a lot of right things for a paper mario perspective and for m&l, idk but it makes me like m&l even less. Which is weird because I really liked DT enough to say it is a good rpg and I even felt that the m&l part of it was mroe obvious.

It's worrisome to feel the worlds are less varied than superstar saga......which was "almost good" to me. it;s VERY worrisome to see so far generic characters, to me, the only thing that would change from an m&l perspective is the paper stuff, but tbh, it doesn;t feel it woudl change it enough to actually improve a lot. And then you have the bosses situation which REALLY makes me worried because one really good thing I liked about m&l was the diversity of bosses (they realy had good ones).

So what i am saying is the good i can get out of m&l, it seems to be lacking here and actually improve the paper mario side.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Did you know?

Wario apparently runs another business that isn't WarioWare. I just saw it when driving around.

Last edited:
Did you know?

Wario apparently runs another business that isn't WarioWare. I just saw it when driving around.

Well it at least explains his down special. . .
(this is not the first time i've seen this truck posted. Unless there is a chain of these somehow lol)

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
.....luigi, we have enough to doubt......

it;s not normal that we get SO MUCH info and for whatever reaosns, nothing hypes something like specific characters other than a lakitu. it;s not enoguh to confirm, but I woudl be ok to doubt.

Actually, let me tell you something because I do remember the chat where I didn't played DT and TRIED to explain why I didn;t liked m&l.

It was becoming more obvious why I don;t like m&l after I played DT, and it;s CLEARLY not the games, it's really my tastes and how I enjoy stuff. DT, really liekd the world design, but superstar saga, i still maintain that felt not enough varied to me......however, THAT IS TO ME. because i coudl see why it would be varied enough for others, I just FELT there wasn;t enough deepness. DT, i did felt it tbh.

The humor, that really didn;t helped and the combat sytem too, I jsut didn;t liked how it was focused on reaction rather than strategy while i found Paper Mario to be a better balance to me.

This game, seems to do a lot of right things for a paper mario perspective and for m&l, idk but it makes me like m&l even less. Which is weird because I really liked DT enough to say it is a good rpg and I even felt that the m&l part of it was mroe obvious.

It's worrisome to feel the worlds are less varied than superstar saga......which was "almost good" to me. it;s VERY worrisome to see so far generic characters, to me, the only thing that would change from an m&l perspective is the paper stuff, but tbh, it doesn;t feel it woudl change it enough to actually improve a lot. And then you have the bosses situation which REALLY makes me worried because one really good thing I liked about m&l was the diversity of bosses (they realy had good ones).

So what i am saying is the good i can get out of m&l, it seems to be lacking here and actually improve the paper mario side.
I'm sorry Alde but we really don't, to be honest.

We've been shown about, what, 7 characters, right? And a few bosses. No settings or places. Just a few characters and an E3 demo.

Not much to doubt yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom