• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I'm sorry Alde but we really don't, to be honest.

We've been shown about, what, 7 characters, right? And a few bosses. No settings or places. Just a few characters and an E3 demo.

Not much to doubt yet.
places, we have the entire map and it is the same canvas as SS.

Settings? we know toad rescue exist because of the papercraft. So far, only them and a lakitu npc has been seen, why this game releases VERY soon in JP and we would miss THIS much? We also have the bosses.....yep, it was actually not what I woudl expect, I would have expected much more. Also, we have no expansion ont he story so far.

Like why do we know this few when the game releases on December 3?

This is why I doubt......

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
places, we have the entire map and it is the same canvas as SS.

Settings? we know toad rescue exist because of the papercraft. So far, only them and a lakitu npc has been seen, why this game releases VERY soon in JP and we would miss THIS much? We also have the bosses.....yep, it was actually not what I woudl expect, I would have expected much more. Also, we have no expansion ont he story so far.

Like why do we know this few when the game releases on December 3?

This is why I doubt......
We know the map and have seen one small area in it. We've seen the layout, but that's not what I meant.

We have a few bosses. Also, we still have 2 months to go. We very well could have a Direct dedicated to the game. AND THAT'S MY POINT; We've barely seen any characters, just because the release is soon doesn't mean we won't see more.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
So I shared my Tri Force Heroes demo codes with a couple of my friends, one of whom lives in another state, with the intention of playing the game with them online. Turns out you can't do that. You have to play with them locally. Since the game doesn't support 2 players and I gave a code to a friend in another state, I sort of just wasted my demo codes. I guess I should have read the email a little more closely, but the whole "It's dangerous to go alone! Bring two friends along..." quote in the email sort of made me jump the gun a little. Oh well. I guess I'll still have fun trying it out by myself this Friday night.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
We know the map and have seen one small area in it. We've seen the layout, but that's not what I meant.

We have a few bosses. Also, we still have 2 months to go. We very well could have a Direct dedicated to the game. AND THAT'S MY POINT; We've barely seen any characters, just because the release is soon doesn't mean we won't see more.
After a certain point when you get very close to a release, you will stop to get info.

and it;s a month and a half btw.

remove 2 weeks of that for the stuff I said (I don;t think you get a lot of news a week or 2 before releases because most of it was communicated already) and you have a month left.

Consider that they showed imo too little at E3 and that it took this long to have......that.......yeah, I still will doubt it.

And abotu a direct, that can go both way, they coudl mind blow us or they coudl restate what the famitsu said and jsut expand it.

Before, I wouldn;t have doubt because we had nothign to talk, now we have stuff and it's not following what I woudl expect hence my worries as they don;t have that much time if they want to offically confirm stuff.

Oh btw, no, I CERTAINLY don't expect a direct dedicated on it. I think the best I expect is a direct section, there woudln;t be THIS much to tell like ssb did or hyrule warriors, if anythign we know wnough to not need THIS much.

If we have a direct section, then I woudl still wait because it can go both ways, it's jsut my prediction side that what we have so far leans on something.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I can guarantee that we know very little about Paper Jam, and that the bosses will be creative and the locations will look great.

Of course all they'll release to sell the game is the main cast.

Why would they give away all of the surprises before the game launches?

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
So I shared my Tri Force Heroes demo codes with a couple of my friends, one of whom lives in another state, with the intention of playing the game with them online. Turns out you can't do that. You have to play with them locally. Since the game doesn't support 2 players and I gave a code to a friend in another state, I sort of just wasted my demo codes. I guess I should have read the email a little more closely, but the whole "It's dangerous to go alone! Bring two friends along..." quote in the email sort of made me jump the gun a little. Oh well. I guess I'll still have fun trying it out by myself this Friday night.
You didn't waste them at all. They have 5 hours slots Friday, Saturday and Sunday for the online play. Plus a lot of people have the demo codes. You might be able to get an extra one for local play.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So there's a Nintendo investors meeting on the 28th of October?
Welp. This pretty much confirms a direct on the 29th for me.
The best part is I have a half day of school on the 28th and don't even have school on the 29th. :pimp:

Last edited:

Chrono.

The best part is I have a half day of school on the 28th and don't even have school on the 29th. :pimp:
Why the 29th?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
It's more likely to be prior to so it looks like they're being proactive and have regained our trust.

Businesses like to brag about what they jave done, not what they plan on doing.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I can guarantee that we know very little about Paper Jam, and that the bosses will be creative and the locations will look great.

Of course all they'll release to sell the game is the main cast.

Why would they give away all of the surprises before the game launches?
......hype?

yeah, hype, also i didn;t meant everything, i meant SOMETHING, big difference. Just like idk, a tease, anything.

and btw, because of what I said, this makes no difference that i will buy the game so if I am wrong, feel free to tell me so after and I will be free to admit I was after, but I jsut told that RIGHT NOW, I doubt for the m&l side.

like I woudln;t guarantee it, i would hope for it, but I woudl be far from certain. if it is what happens then I underestimated the game like I did so much wth smash which is fine because at the end, yes I was wrong, but I at least GAIN something of being wrong.

You get the idea here?

I don;t want to really find an excuse to think it would be fine, I really just look at what i have now and try to forecast, that's it.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Why the 29th?
I thought Stealth said on Gamefaqs there would be a character reveal on the 29th?

Also in other news. RogersBase might have not been the source of the rumor like we originally thought.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Stealth's info might have been seperate from what RogersBase knows.

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
You didn't waste them at all. They have 5 hours slots Friday, Saturday and Sunday for the online play. Plus a lot of people have the demo codes. You might be able to get an extra one for local play.
Well, the main reason I said I wasted them is because I would have rather waited until the full game came out to play it then. The reason I used the code was because the thought of playing it with my friends while communicating on Skype interested me. Otherwise I probably would have given them away. Because the demo doesn't allow online friend play for whatever reason, I'm not sure if both of my friends are even going to try the game out for themselves when the servers go up on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. So those two might go to waste. Since I already downloaded mine though, I'll still make sure to try it out on Friday even though I was initially going to wait. It just won't be as fun as playing it with friends. Maybe I'll take your advice and search for an additional code.

Chrono.

I thought Stealth said on Gamefaqs there would be a character reveal on the 29th?

Also in other news. RogersBase might have not been the source of the rumor like we originally thought.
Stealth's info might have been seperate from this.
The date was the 23rd (I think, now you got me thinking lol)

As for the latter, I don't think it makes much of a difference at this point who was the source /shrug

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master

He said the 23rd would be the deadline for a character reveal.

Roger said he never claimed the news to be Smash related, but he never denied that it is.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

He never did claim he knew the next character. That was only ever inferred.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Eh at this point it's just wait and see.I mean i think the guys full of it and see no reason not to believe as such.And if he isn't i possibly get shovel knight and inklings out of it.So yeah it's only what 8 days till the deadline?Let's just avoid it till than

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

Stealth's info might have been seperate from this.
..........why are we restablishing that?

idk, I think roger only said nintendo news that is hype.......

(really love that image :) ).

Like why it was said that he said there was another character?

I told it some days before, I don;t think there;s any rumours tbh.....

Oh btw, that investor meeting, it might mean a direct before, i remember last time both a direct and the meeting were close.

I would hope for next week / beginning of the week after :)

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
aldelaro5 aldelaro5

It's true that lack of information is disheartening when it comes to expectations for games. But at least you'll get to see for yourself quite soon.

Though if your initial forecast is mixed to negative, you put yourself at risk of not enjoying the game completely when it comes out. Of course they aren't going to show absolutely everything about how the M&L portion of the game plays or anything besides the main case. If they do, then any possible negativity already present in your mind is liable to becoming worse and you go into the complete game with a negative bias due to your own expectations, plus there is much less surprise than there would have been had they not said anything. The devs want you to see changes for yourself as well.

I should clarify that it's perfectly fine to be skeptical; what others are saying is that maybe you're a bit too skeptical based on limited footage and a few Famtisu articles. Just give it some time. :)

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
The date was the 23rd (I think, now you got me thinking lol)

As for the latter, I don't think it makes much of a difference at this point who was the source /shrug
Just looked it up. I'm an idiot lol. I keep on thinking its later into october.

So, it is the 23rd. My bad.
I even mistaked my days off with the 29th as well XD. So I do indeed, have a day off on the 23rd.

Chrono.

Just looked it up. I'm an idiot lol. I keep on thinking its later into october.

So, it is the 23rd. My bad.
I even mistaked my days off with the 29th as well XD. So I do indeed, have a day off on the 23rd.
Like Godzillathewonderdog Godzillathewonderdog pointed out, the 23rd is the deadline.

So it's... within the realm of possibility we could get something before.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I'm gonna laugh if nothing gets revealed this week.

And then cry afterwards because nothing got revealed and we'll have to go through this for another week...

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Maybe we'll get a last minute announcement or something.

I would certainly want one already. Friday needs to come sooner.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Twilight Princess HD better be an updated GC version and not the Wii one. Right handed Link I can get used to. Death Mountain in the West and Gerudo Desert in East, I cannot.

Chrono.

Twilight Princess HD better be an updated GC version and not the Wii one. Right handed Link I can get used to. Death Mountain in the West and Gerudo Desert in East, I cannot.
I do wonder if they'll include an option to play either the original or the mirrored version.

Since I know people who will prefer the latter (otherwise tho I expect the GC version to be one that gets HD'd).

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I completely forgot they switched his dominant hand. Small details like that would be interesting to see in a remake.

And twitter really needs to stop being the new leak factory...

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
The email I got says that you can also try out the online co-op mode during certain hours. Do you know if you'll be able to play with your friends during those times or are people just going to be paired up at random?

If you can only play with your friends locally, I'd be happy to give you one of my demo codes to make up for the one you gave to your friend who doesn't live nearby.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I mean they're running out of sites.

First it was 4chan, then gamefaqs, then Smashboards, now Twitter.

Expect Tumblr leaks next year fam
*Thinks back to things like the Steven Universe Tumblr.
No... No. NOOOOOOO!!!!!
In all seriousness, I wouldn't be surprised.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
YouTube comment leaks are the future.

Want to see the newest character leak? Good luck finding it on a PewDiePie video.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
YouTube comment leaks are the future.

Want to see the newest character leak? Good luck finding it on an PewDiePie video.
I Can't wait to buy the new character:
" I make $400 a week by doing nothing, find out how you can to"

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I know a few good sites for leaks. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Twilight Princess in HD makes me think of that tech demo, but there's no way it'll look that good. It'll still be nice to play my third favorite Zelda game again, maybe we can at least get minor content tweaks like the Swift Sail in Wind Waker HD.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm going to make a leak one day and put it on Etsy.

Just sown right into a blanket. Gonna start planning right now.

First step? Learn how to sew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom