• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
And then they go the Eroge route and call the 4th game Xenoblade XXX :troll:
Nonono, too soon! We need to wait for Xenoblade XX Times .8X Beginning of the End of the Beginning before that!

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Nonono, too soon! We need to wait for Xenoblade XX Times .8X Beginning of the End of the Beginning before that!
Nah, Monolith wouldn't go Xenoblade Chronicles 2.8: final chapter prologue on us, that's SE's job!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
OK, big question here.

What do you all think would be the perfect lineup of launch titles for a Nintendo system?

Not "what will they launch with", but "what would they launch with in a perfect world."

I'm curious as to what Nintendo fans would really like to see, and what would tempt them into a Day 1 console purchase.
A 3D Mario platformer
A core Zelda title
A new Mario Kart
A new Animal Crossing
A new IP like Splatoon

That's enough for me.

:231:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Hmm. . .it's difficult to get a true idea as of yet, but 3D Mario, another true Prime title, a 2D Metroid, a Zelda, a Pikmin, a Smash, and some Mario spinoffs seem to be the general ideas for good launch titles so far. Probably also a couple of other things I forgot to mention.

. . .I need a more efficient way of doing this.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Again, my entire point is that counters have increased in kill potential compared to previous games. I used to play Marth in Melee, and earning a counter KO was an accomplishment. Now it's so stupid easy, even a monkey could do it. How is this even an argument?
You should go play in some actual tournaments against some actual decent players, and see how many "stupid easy" kills you'll get with Counters.

Also I watched that last video, all those rolls, with Ike f-smashes and grounded Quick Draws in neutral, against Sonic of all characters...to put it lightly you're in need of some pretty big improvement, and your "game problems" are on you. The sooner you realise that and stop blaming the game for your problems, the quicker you'll improve.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

"Countering is just a cheap tactic to make weak players stronger"
This is funnier when you remember Shulk has vision as his counter :p
And this because wynaut
This is Marth.
Back together.
And I'm never going down at the hands of the low tiers like you, because I'm so much better.
And every part of me is saying "Minna miteite kure."
The two of us ain't gonna follow your rules.
Come at me without any of your fancy grabs.
Let's go, just me and you.
Let's go, just one on two.
Go ahead and try and grab me if you're able.
Can't you see that my counter is stable?
I can see you hate the way we punish.
But I think you're just mad 'cause you suck.
And you're not gonna stop what we made together.
We are gonna counter like this forever.
If you throw us apart, we'll just counter back newer.
And we'll always be twice the swordfighter that you are.
I am made
O-o-o-o-of
Mi-i-i-i-ina.
O-o-o-o-of
Mi-i-i-i-ina.
Mi-i-i-i-ina.
Mi-i-i-i-ina.
This is who we are.
This is who I am.
And if you think you can grab me,
Then you need to think again.
'Cause I am a top tier.
And I will never end,
And I won't let you nerf my tipper,
And I won't let you nerf my FSmash.
Go ahead and try and grab me if you're able.
Can't you see that my counter is stable?
I know you think I'm not something you're afraid of,
'Cause you think that you've seen what I'm made of.
Well I am even more than the two of them.
Everything they care about is what I am.
I am their shield, I am their breaker,
I am a shield breaker.
I am made O-o-o-o-of
Mi-i-i-i-ina.
O-o-o-o-of
And it's miteite kure
Mi-i-i-i-ina.
O-o-o-o-of
Mi-i-i-i-ina.
And it's miteite kure
Mi-i-i-i-ina.
O-o-o-o-of
Mi-i-i-i-ina.
And it's miteite kure
O-o-o-o-of
Mi-i-i-i-ina.
Mi-i-i-i-ina.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
You should go play in some actual tournaments against some actual decent players, and see how many "stupid easy" kills you'll get with Counters.

Also I watched that last video, all those rolls, with Ike f-smashes and grounded Quick Draws in neutral, against Sonic of all characters...to put it lightly you're in need of some pretty big improvement, and your "game problems" are on you. The sooner you realise that and stop blaming the game for your problems, the quicker you'll improve.
As a Shulk main that goes to a local tourney every week, I know all too well.
People seem to forget that if Shulk's counter gets even a TINY bit stale, his counter window gets significantly smaller unless you don't touch it for a LONG time.

Last edited:

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
People have a right to dislike things and write them off as garbage just as much as you have a right to like things that others dislike.

People have different tastes. Why is it so hard to understand that people are upset that a game series that's built around a dark and serious tone and atmosphere has suddenly had a shift toward a more child-friendly tone?

Metroid is based around Alien. When Metroid starts deviating from what made it uniwue, then it stops being Metroid no matter how much you try to call it that.
I didn't...say you don't have a right to dislike things? Like I literally said nothing of the sort, and I didn't even say I liked Federation Force, just that I'm taking a wait-and-see approach. I just said I don't understand why people are hating it so aggressively before it's even released when you don't have anything to lose by giving it a chance, whereas hating it before you know everything about it could end up with you missing out on a fun experience.

I also said I was really disappointed by the announcement myself so it's not that I don't understand the inclination, it's just...we have so little information and it's been so long since the announcement that like, I don't have the energy to still be angry about it. If it ruins the franchise and the whole series goes to hell we can burn that bridge when we get to it, but this is one title that's been announced and that's not enough to assume that Metroid is suddenly child-friendly and straying away from what it is at its core. I'm also hesitant at saying that a chibi art style in and of itself means Metroid is being child-friendly since people had the same sort of complaints about Wind Waker's art style and I don't think it has much of a different tone than the rest of the series. (Zelda is admittedly not as dark as Metroid, but art style doesn't inherently reflect the content is my point.)

You're not obligated to do anything nor am I saying you are, I'm not telling you what to like or dislike, I didn't even directly respond to you because it was just an expression of confusion, not intended as a counterpoint to what you said, I was just personally stating that I don't see a whole lot of purpose in hating things that aren't harmful in some way since life is negative enough as it is IMO. I've done my fair share of game-hating over time for various reasons and I rarely find it worth my while unless there is, as I said, something that seriously concerns me about the game, and that is a very rare circumstance.

D

Deleted member

Etrian Warriors or bust ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Making references no one will get
#justZoroarkingthings

But for real tho
FE Warriors would be hype
Amelia pls
Joshua pls
Foleo pls

Anna wouldn't be playable and would instead be the shopkeeper :^)
But that other Anna would

Smash Warrriors!
. . .wait

Metroid Warriors, Kid Icarus Warriors and FE warriors are probably the only games I would play. Unfortunately those are so unlikely it doesn't matter anyway.

Everything I want is hopeless.

D

Deleted member

Also I watched that last video, all those rolls, with Ike f-smashes and grounded Quick Draws in neutral, against Sonic of all characters...to put it lightly you're in need of some pretty big improvement, and your "game problems" are on you.
Meh, I don't entirely care to get pro at the game. I have other things I'd rather master that occupy my time.

Still, as I've said before I'm merely pointing out balance issues within the game. You can't sit there and blindly tell me the game is balanced to the degree of other fighters, when there are clear elements at play that work against that.

Compare the balance in Smash to that of the SF and Guilty Gear series. There's no comparison. I'm not even complaining, I'm merely pointing out that the game isn't properly balanced. That's all.

As for the videos, we'll I'd advise you not to use them as a measurement of my actual skill, on the other hand... I don't really care.

As for the Metroid thing, my fav Zelda is actually the darkest, Majora's Mask. Again, cause if the atmosphere it evoked.

And I still believe that fans have every right to voice their discontent. Honestly, while I personally prefer to vote with my wallet, considering Nintendo's general trend toward casual appeal I think it's fine they take things to such extremes. At least they're being heard. Nintendo needs to be aware that there will be consequences if they keep alienating their core fanbase for the sake of mass appeal. Last E3 was a disgrace to put it lightly. Personally, the WiiU will be the last Nintendo console I buy, especially if they truly plan to drop it for the NX. But all things considered, it's become apparent to me that I'm not their target audience considering the majority of first party titles on the WiiU and NX. Just my POV.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Meh, I don't entirely care to get pro at the game. I have other things I'd rather master that occupy my time.

Still, as I've said before I'm merely pointing out balance issues within the game. You can't sit there and blindly tell me the game is balanced to the degree of other fighters, when there are clear elements at play that work against that.

Compare the balance in Smash to that of the SF and Guilty Gear series. There's no comparison. I'm not even complaining, I'm merely pointing out that the game isn't properly balanced. That's all.

As for the videos, we'll I'd advise you not to use them as a measurement of my actual skill, on the other hand... I don't really care.

As for the Metroid thing, my fav Zelda is actually the darkest, Majora's Mask. Again, cause if the atmosphere it evoked.

And I still believe that fans have every right to voice their discontent. Honestly, while I personally prefer to vote with my wallet, considering Nintendo's general trend toward casual appeal I think it's fine they take things to such extremes. At least they're being heard. Nintendo needs to be aware that there will be consequences if they keep alienating their core fanbase for the sake of mass appeal. Last E3 was a disgrace to put it lightly. Personally, the WiiU will be the last Nintendo console I buy, especially if they truly plan to drop it for the NX. But all things considered, it's become apparent to me that I'm not their target audience considering the majority of first party titles on the WiiU and NX. Just my POV.
psst...Comparing a party game to competitive games is a nono
'alienating their core fanbase for the sake of massappeal' which is why Nintendo isn't filled with FPS COD clones.
'But all things considered, it's become apparent to me that I'm not their target audience considering the majority of first party titles on the WiiU and NX. Just my POV' Why bring up a system with literally 0 confirmed games?

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

If you have no intention of going pro then why the **** are you complaining about it like it matters? It you have no interest in competitive play then no crap it's not going to seem balanced.
You're quite the piece of work, I gotta say. You make some good points but they're clouded by a frankly pretentious attittude.

Last edited:

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant

Except the "balance issues" you bring up are clear examples of you being bad at the game and blaming the game for your shortcomings.

And they shouldn't be because?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

Are you advising that because you lost?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I am not perfect, I am forgetful. . .

But I tried to make a more organized version of the launch title question as I feebly half-remembered it in the form of a poll.

http://goo.gl/rU0imM

D

Deleted member

I didn't...say you don't have a right to dislike things? Like I literally said nothing of the sort, and I didn't even say I liked Federation Force, just that I'm taking a wait-and-see approach. I just said I don't understand why people are hating it so aggressively before it's even released when you don't have anything to lose by giving it a chance, whereas hating it before you know everything about it could end up with you missing out on a fun experience.

I also said I was really disappointed by the announcement myself so it's not that I don't understand the inclination, it's just...we have so little information and it's been so long since the announcement that like, I don't have the energy to still be angry about it. If it ruins the franchise and the whole series goes to hell we can burn that bridge when we get to it, but this is one title that's been announced and that's not enough to assume that Metroid is suddenly child-friendly and straying away from what it is at its core. I'm also hesitant at saying that a chibi art style in and of itself means Metroid is being child-friendly since people had the same sort of complaints about Wind Waker's art style and I don't think it has much of a different tone than the rest of the series. (Zelda is admittedly not as dark as Metroid, but art style doesn't inherently reflect the content is my point.)

You're not obligated to do anything nor am I saying you are, I'm not telling you what to like or dislike, I didn't even directly respond to you because it was just an expression of confusion, not intended as a counterpoint to what you said, I was just personally stating that I don't see a whole lot of purpose in hating things that aren't harmful in some way since life is negative enough as it is IMO. I've done my fair share of game-hating over time for various reasons and I rarely find it worth my while unless there is, as I said, something that seriously concerns me about the game, and that is a very rare circumstance.
The reason people are upset is csuse the art style betrays what Metroid is supposed to be about. It was fine with WW since Zelda has never had a consistent art style or tone. It's always been all over the place, from OoT being dark and serious to LA being more silly.

Metroid on the other hand has always had a more consistent style that fit the mood of the series. Metroid is supposed to be about isolation, this feeling of overbearing hostility as you explore an alien planet. In such a case, the cartoony style doesn't fit this goal in the slightest. It's that sense of survival that makes Metroid fun in the first place, and betraying that shows that developers failed to understand what made Metroid good in the first place.

It's the same as Zelda not being about puzzles or story, but rather exploration. When Zelda began to deviate from that core is when the series started to get stale.

Why not Nintendo Warriors?
I joked about smash warriors but I truly think this would be cool. Marth hack n slashing through koopa troopas while DK barrels through hordes of space pirates. Having more available source material just leads to a bunch of potential.

It's why I desperately want Nintendo Kart. I want to race as Pit through Zebes dammit!

Unrelated but I need to play undertale. The music is godlike
which is exactly why it's a spinoff. it is purposely made not to be the same old song and dance.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Are you advising that because you lost?
I won the other two. :p

And I'm advising that cause I know it's not my A game, nor do I bother to record my A game since I only use uploads for analysis. Ike and Rosa aren't even my mains. Look at my profile, it's ZSS.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

And I'm advising that cause I know it's not my A game, nor do I bother to record my A game since I only use uploads for analysis. Ike and Rosa aren't even my mains. Look at my profile, it's ZSS.
Well I'm sorry you can't acknowledge your own faults being why the game is so bad to you.

D

Deleted member

psst...Comparing a party game to competitive games is a nono
'alienating their core fanbase for the sake of massappeal' which is why Nintendo isn't filled with FPS COD clones.
'But all things considered, it's become apparent to me that I'm not their target audience considering the majority of first party titles on the WiiU and NX. Just my POV' Why bring up a system with literally 0 confirmed games?
Last I checked Dark Souls wasn't a CoD clone. Neither was Guilty Gear. Nor half the E3 lineup for PS4.

The best Nintendo has on the WiiU is Monster Hunter, Splatoon, MK8, and the Platinum Games. All else has been underwhelming thus far.

Hopefully XCX and Fatal Frame can rectify that.

On the 3DS, I've only bothered with Bravely Default, Pokemon OR, and MH4U. Only MH4U was worth the purchase.

Well I'm sorry you can't acknowledge your own faults being why the game is so bad to you.
Ok...

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

I main other characters than the ones listed here, unless you literally only have 2 mains, including Link, who's listed on your profile
The reason people are upset is csuse the art style betrays what Metroid is supposed to be about. It was fine with WW since Zelda has never had a consistent art style or tone. It's always been all over the place, from OoT being dark and serious to LA being more silly.

Metroid on the other hand has always had a more consistent style that fit the mood of the series. Metroid is supposed to be about isolation, this feeling of overbearing hostility as you explore an alien planet. In such a case, the cartoony style doesn't fit this goal in the slightest. It's that sense of survival that makes Metroid fun in the first place, and betraying that shows that developers failed to understand what made Metroid good in the first place.

It's the same as Zelda not being about puzzles or story, but rather exploration. When Zelda began to deviate from that core is when the series started to get stale.
People weren't upset because of the artstyle but because of how it's not a traditional Metroid game, Next Level had a chibi Samus concept art people liked. Your 'It was fine with WW' makes no sense as WW had initially received negative reception for the art style
Last I checked Dark Souls wasn't a CoD clone. Neither was Guilty Gear. Nor half the E3 lineup for PS4.
You missed the joke but you also mention pretty niche things here

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Question to everyone who likes Rivals of Aether: Who are your mains/who do you want to main? I'd pick Kragg and Wrastor, Kragg because I ♥ kabutomushi and Wrastor because of the air mobility
I haven't played it yet, but when I do I'm definitely going to main Absa, definitely. Super cool looking character.

D

Deleted member

Question to everyone who likes Rivals of Aether: Who are your mains/who do you want to main? I'd pick Kragg and Wrastor, Kragg because I ♥ kabutomushi and Wrastor because of the air mobility
I want to get the game some way or another and I really want to main Forsburn because his clone gimmick is literalky what I always wanted to see in a Smash game
And also Mapul, she seems to be fun from what I've seen
Gonna have to watch Alpha's videos until I can buy it :'^)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Fors
I want to get the game some way or another and I really want to main Forsburn because his clone gimmick is literalky what I always wanted to see in a Smash game
And also Mapul, she seems to be fun from what I've seen
Gonna have to watch Alpha's videos until I can buy it :'^)
Forsburn has a Wario Waft iirc

I don't even have a PC that could run the game ♡

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant

If you were more competent than that video displayed, you would have been able to do more than roll and smash. Not playing a main doesn't make you degenerate to a stereotypical FG player.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I haven't played it yet, but when I do I'm definitely going to main Absa, definitely. Super cool looking character.
I don't remember seeing a character named Absa
Is he/she one of the two secret Rivals? If so, when was he/she revealed?
Fors

Forsburn has a Wario Waft iirc

I don't even have a PC that could run the game ♡
A Wario Waft that is charged by spamming down special
Truly my kind of character :^)

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
I'm seriously considering tweeting at Nintendo and asking them what the heck's going on.
The suspense is pretty much consuming my soul right now, and it all makes no sense.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

So what you are telling me is...

That you are complaining about the balance of the game.

Yet you aren't a competitive player?

nick-young-confused-face-300x256.png

(sorry, just wanted an excuse to use this picture)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom