• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Was really glad to see some good Ike players this tournament. He's come a long way in terms of buffs.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
There's an announcement apparently being teased on October 4th that will be somewhat related to PM. Most evidence points to them forming there own independent game studio.
I'm all for this if it kills Project M dead. It's better of them to use their talents to create their own games, rather than ''improve" something someone else put a lot of work into.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Okay, so here's something funny, what if I told you that a user on Miiverse got all the DLC correct? :lol:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Pretty happy right now. I just received 3 Resident Evil games for my PS2. Resident Evil 4, Code: Veronica X, and Outbreak. 2 of those games I remember watching others play (And I know how great they are) and Outbreak...is ok apparently.

Hey, not only do I get into a franchise, it also tides me over 'till this whole ballot fiasco is over.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Sorry I've been gone guys (especially if you're looking forward to the raffle results). With my job as admin and TBH5 going on I've had to put all my focus into that. Still got a lot to do.

Any new info?

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Okay, so here's something funny, what if I told you that a user on Miiverse got all the DLC correct? :lol:
In regards to Ryu/Roy/Lucas or the recent update with the stages and mii costumes? Either way, I would say that he or she made a good guess and...yeah, that's about it.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Sorry I've been gone guys (especially if you're looking forward to the raffle results). With my job as admin and TBH5 going on I've had to put all my focus into that. Still got a lot to do.

Any new info?
Nothing. Just shooting the breeze.

You did miss an indept discussion of classic Megaman games

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Eh, to be honest I think this is a step in the right direction. It's clear they're a group of talented developers, but it's also clear that PM has been piddling especially with the attacks by Nintendo. So if they are able to make their own game with having to deal with the legal ties that'd be great.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Apparently maintenance has started for Sm4sh again. Two times within 2 hours.

Whatever they're trying to do should be addressed in this one, perhaps.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
If Project M is becoming standalone with all the roster removed...

I'm not getting it. Simple as that. I've been planning to get it for a few months but if this makes it standalone, I'm not getting it.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Im all in for standalone PM, but the one thing that'll suck is no Smash characters. I know you can't do anything about that, but I'll miss the Smash cast in PM.

But I'm glad we are getting some big Smash related news tomorrow.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
Wolf: Highly Requested Veteran
K.Rool : Highly Requested Newcomer
Bomberman: Highly Requested 3rd Party Newcomer with a Legacy
Shovel Knight: Highly Requested 3rd Party who's the new kid on the block.

Honestly if true, they have covered all their bases.
no isaac, no deal.

D

Deleted member

It's weird they're making random maintances on the last night of the ballot
EDIT: oh well, guess it was nothing

Also, I just watched episode 13 of Star and I can't believe this cartoon is ALSO getting dark

Last edited by a moderator:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
PushDustIn PushDustIn these guys use your poll and exactly used it right.I'm pretty sure you knew this already seeing as they wanted to add you to the conversation but decided to tell you anyway
Shoutouts to @WiiDude83 and cjszero1 for portraying the results accurately. Sorry, that I couldn't appear on the podcast. As you guys know here, my activity last week was pretty minimal. Hopefully sometime in the future we can meet up again.

Didn't PushDustIn PushDustIn himself say the rumors didn't contradict each other?

But anyways for comparison's sake here are both rumors:
I believe I said I think the 4chan rumor is false. I don't know if I commented on if they contradict each other.

Essentially, if Shovel Knight is coming then he would take up one of those three slots. Where the extra character came from the 4chan leak...only god knows.

So far we know that they are working on 3 characters.
Characters take a SUPER long time to make. Metwo's development extends from October - April. Lucas, Roy and Ryu are from at the very least December to June. If two characters started in April (which is suggested by @shinyquagsire23), then we will probably see those characters anytime now.

There could be plans for a 4th one, but they probably haven't even decided who it is yet (maybe one true "last ballot" character?).

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
If that's our 3 characters..

I'm kinda dissapointed. I don't want anymore 3rd party DLC. Why not save Bomberman for Smash 5?

And I really hope they're not counting Wolf as a true ballot vote. Just as another veteran, hopefully one's that inclusion wasn't decided by the ballot.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I'm kinda dissapointed. I don't want anymore 3rd party DLC. Why not save Bomberman for Smash 5?
To put it bluntly, Konami may not even be around as a video game company by then. Bomberman's (and all Konami reps') time is running out.

Unless someone buys up all the IPs... it's not like they're being used for anything other than pachinko machines these days.

Last edited:

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Shoutouts to @WiiDude83 and cjszero1 for portraying the results accurately. Sorry, that I couldn't appear on the podcast. As you guys know here, my activity last week was pretty minimal. Hopefully sometime in the future we can meet up again.

I believe I said I think the 4chan rumor is false. I don't know if I commented on if they contradict each other.

Essentially, if Shovel Knight is coming then he would take up one of those three slots. Where the extra character came from the 4chan leak...only god knows.

So far we know that they are working on 3 characters.
Characters take a SUPER long time to make. Metwo's development extends from October - April. Lucas, Roy and Ryu are from at the very least December to June. If two characters started in April (which is suggested by @shinyquagsire23), then we will probably see those characters anytime now.

There could be plans for a 4th one, but they probably haven't even decided who it is yet (maybe one true "last ballot" character?).
Hmn.. yeah I have to say I agree that it's very possible that since we had 2 slots in the code for quite a while that they were actually working on two characters ahead of time and we might see them relatively soon. I'm not entirely sure if those two characters are ballot related at all... but I extremely doubt they're only using one character from the ballot. Maybe they're just slapping the placeholder for the first ballot character or something, and the other two were planned returning veterans?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Hmn.. yeah I have to say I agree that it's very possible that since we had 2 slots in the code for quite a while that they were actually working on two characters ahead of time and we might see them relatively soon. I'm not entirely sure if those two characters are ballot related at all... but I extremely doubt they're only using one character from the ballot. Maybe they're just slapping the placeholder for the first ballot character or something, and the other two were planned returning veterans?
I strongly believe that all the characters we will see from now on are ballot related. Shovel Knight included.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom