• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I don't really think that leak is real for several reasons. Mostly because it contradicts the Shovel Knight rumor.

Also, I just want to say that I'm not biased or anything. I could care less if he gets into Smash or not. I've never played Shovel Knight anyways :p.

Anyways, don't forget the two key things with this leak.

1.) Tama had multiple sources.

2.) Amazon selling Nintendo eShop games came true.

I do still strongly believe in this leak, although anything can change at any point. Maybe this is all misinformation like @Parallel_Falchion says it could be? Until then, we won't really know until we get any type of official confirmation from Nintendo.
Did Tama say that Shovel Knight would be the next character or that he's just coming?

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
They don't contradict, actually. Just a small point reiterated from my theory post reposted on the last page, but the 4chan rumor doesn't talk about pre-ballot DLC, Tama only had info about Shovel Knight and a few other Amazon-relates things suggesting he's coming soon, and the two Mario slots that have been in for months can't have been left empty for ballot DLC when they have shown with this update, again, that they can add slots at anytime, meaning they were already planning characters to occupy those slots before the ballot even started.
Tama's did say though that Shovel Knight is a Ballot character. If you want some more information, I highly suggest you talk to PushDustIn PushDustIn about it. He knows alot more about it than I do.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Only said that he's coming.

And he's got a few weeks left to be revealed.
Few Weeks? I guess that part would kinda conflict with this 4chan leak. Otherthan they could have went hand in hand.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The only way they contradict is if you assume three is the final number.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Hmm...apparently Smash is down for maintenance.

What awkward timing...

No I'm not calling DLC. Just bringing it up.

Edit: Never mind they're back up

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
The only way they contradict is if you assume three is the final number.
So if shovel knight gets revealed first before the three, would it hinder the leak? I thought it implied those three would be first.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
So if shovel knight gets revealed first before the three, would it hinder the leak? I thought it implied those three would be first.
Not really, no.

The leaker said those are the only characters he learned about. Granted, if Shovel Knight is real, it'd be kinda weird for him to not know considering he's supposed to be revealed within the next month.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
I'll admit would ANY one be mad if we got Wolf,K rool, and BomberMan in smash.Like literally idk about you but i would freak out.And throw in Shovel knight and i would literally die
I wouldn't be mad, but I certainly wouldnt be happy either.
Of those characters I only have an interest in Wolf because he was one of my favorites in Brawl. I have no love for K.Rool and don't particularly like his design, but since I haven't played the games he's in I cant say I hate him. I'm just neutral with Bomberman. I've enjoyed one or two of his games and I dont think he's a bad choice, but he's no where near my top choices.

That said, Sakurai and his team have done brilliant work with the current roster and I doubt they'd slack off now. If those three characters got in they'll at the very least play like they belong in smash. In the end that's what matters most, I suppose.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, from Wolf, K. Rool, Bomberman and Shovel Knight, I'm only interested in Butt Butt

Screenshot_2015-10-03-19-27-39-1.png

To each their own I guess
I'm making Bertrand the new signature of my posts

Last edited by a moderator:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
It didn't actually.
Well, I guess pictures can be misleading :/.
Anyway, other than the picture, I kinda got that notion from the three slots thing. Since it's thought that the three slots belong to those three characters. Would be kinda weird like Arejay says if shovel knight uses one of them.

But then again they could just add one more.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Regarding the 3 slots, I'll make a possible suggestion that the two that were already in the game are pre-ballot. The one that was just added is the first of the ballot characters to be released.

Either that or these are the ballot choices and they found enough time to make a 3rd character.

Chrono.

Bomberman would be the one character I'd get a "meh" reaction at.

But that's more in line with me not playing his games/no interest in doing so.

D

Deleted member

I'd be content with Wolf, K. Rool, Bomberman, and Shovel Knight, though I'm not putting any stock into these rumors.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Bomberman's games are really good especially the gamecube era ones

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Hmm...apparently Smash is down for maintenance.

What awkward timing...

No I'm not calling DLC. Just bringing it up.

Edit: Never mind they're back up
Probably fixing the Diddy glitch

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
What were those?
Paul Gale was a guy who had a source. He leaked the games existence, (with in game pictures) and afterwards leaked future characters that would be in the game (or rather posted pictures of himself and places that hinted at characters inclusions), but also listed characters that were nowhere to be found. Almost everyone trusted him, and there was no real reason not to believe him, because he was consistently right and leaked the game to begin with, but once the full roster was discovered people were puzzled. He said there would be over 22 characters and Crash, Cloud, Snake and Wander (Shadow of the Colossus) were supposed to be in the game, and that they were negotiating with Ubisoft about getting an Assassin in the game, but none of that was the case. There was a lot of shenanigans regarding him and the leaks, but I don't remember all of the details.

Last edited:

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
If they just started on ballot DLC recently, then Wolf is the obvious choice to start with, assuming that the a lot added is his and the two we have left are still pre-ballot. The only substantial rumor we have regarding pre-ballot DLC is Butt Butt, and Layton isn't so much of a stretch for the other slot considering that we still, AFAIK, have an unresolved plotline regarding mysterious recorded lines from the VA himself that don't fit into a Laytom game at all, but definitely according to his description sit Smash yells and such.

There's no other longstanding rumors that still have any credibility that haven't already been confirmed other than these three, and none of them contradict each other except in ways that can't be explained or accounted for with our limited information, so basically not outright and/or directly, which is a good thing. And while they fit together quite well, otherwise they're all standalone and one going down doesn't discredit the other two necessarily.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Paul Gale was a guy who had a source. He leaked the games existence and afterwards leaked future characters that would be in the game (or rather posted pictures of himself of places that hinted at characters inclusions), but also listed characters that were nowhere to be found. Almost everyone trusted him, and there was no real reason not to believe him, because he was consistently right and leaked the game to begin with, but once the full roster was discovered people were puzzled. He said there would be over 22 characters and Crash, Cloud, Snake and Wander (Shadow of the Colossus) were supposed to be in the game, and that they were negotiating with Ubisoft about getting an Assassin in the game, but none of that was the case. There was a lot of shenanigans regarding him and the leaks, but I don't remember all of the details.
Funny thing his roster actually sounds more attractive than the final roster.
Actually, from what I'm reading it didn't fix anything. Don't know why the servers just went down for 5 minutes...
Well screw me. It was probably just down

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Wolf: Highly Requested Veteran
K.Rool : Highly Requested Newcomer
Bomberman: Highly Requested 3rd Party Newcomer with a Legacy
Shovel Knight: Highly Requested 3rd Party who's the new kid on the block.

Honestly if true, they have covered all their bases.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master

No females? DLC is sexist.

-Anita Sarkeesian

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario

I agree, it seems pretty perfect to where they have all their bases covered.
This is why I'm so torn on it. On one hand it has pretty good choices, but on the other hand it says snake was replaced, and if that's true we might have gotten him if that konamibs didn't happen.

Why.....

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
D1 and DC currently debating Geno vs. Isaac respectively.

My heart...

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
Did anyone watch the latest episode of Death Note: Melee Edition? Kira vs L
Kira won.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom