• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Ignore me, I'm a dirty liar who got lied to.

Zero plz, for the sake of competitive Smash 4, you gotta lose ;-;

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
ZeRo just knocked MVD out of losers playing PISSED.

I mean the guy is upset.

- Some guy on Twitter

Nintendo are sponsoring this though, wouldn't this be kinda awkward?
You can take Smash out of the grassroots but you can't take the grassroots out of Smash. Or is that the other way around

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I could actually see Chibi-Robo happening. I even put him in my prediction list as a possibility.

Wolf (Vetran)
Bandana Dee (First-Party Newcomer)
Shovel Knight (Third-Party Newcomer)

And most likely a Second-Party character. Could be Chibi-Robo, or maybe Issac?
Did Derrick REALLY say that they could update Wolf so that he could be as unique as Roy? Really?

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
ZeRo just knocked MVD out of losers playing PISSED.

I mean the guy is upset.

You can take Smash out of the grassroots but you can't take the grassroots out of Smash. Or is that the other way around
So he gets really pissed off at not possibly winning a single tournament? Man, he needs to get a grip. We'll joke about how he'll complain that a character (Sonic) is broken, but tbh, it wouldn't surprise me.

I still never understand picking what's considered "the best" character. I understand people need to win. Some make a living off of this (As much as I don't appreciate it). But even then, if you pick what's considered one of the best characters, it would be wise to stick with them and learn them than just switching off to the next big one.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So he gets really pissed off at not possibly winning a single tournament? Man, he needs to get a grip. We'll joke about how he'll complain that a character (Sonic) is broken, but tbh, it wouldn't surprise me.

I still never understand picking what's considered "the best" character. I understand people need to win. Some make a living off of this (As much as I don't appreciate it). But even then, if you pick what's considered one of the best characters, it would be wise to stick with them and learn them than just switching off to the next big one.
Let's be honest here, ZeRo is a tierwhore of any kind. The only example of him not doing that was back in Project M days but he even got bad to that point of playing Pit who was BS in 2.5

He plays Fox in Melee, Meta Knight in Brawl and only picked up Sheik post Hoo-Haa era when he was causing mass hysteria by playing Diddy

I don't understand. Did ZeRo lose a match or not?
He lost a match and got knocked into Losers Bracket in the Top 32.

That means if he loses a set anytime while in Losers Bracket, he gets knocked out of the Tournament for good.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Man, the Ballot is still up. I'm pretty sure it's the 4th just about everywhere it can be at this point ;-;

He got wrecked 2-0 in a set and got kicked to the losers bracket.
Fixed.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Did Derrick REALLY say that they could update Wolf so that he could be as unique as Roy? Really?
Wolf can be made more unique though, so he's not wrong. And guys if Luigi can still be called a Mario clone, then of course Wolf is still a Fox clone, he's just a bit further removed from Fox then Falco is.

Last edited:

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
They can be customised, but only in the neu Maria way (whether it's A & X that jump or A & B)
I know, but I said I wanted to be able to use X as the spin jump, not the shoulder buttons. Limiting us to two pre-configured options is pretty weak on Nintendo's part. Most games allow you to fully customize your controls, it's disappointing this is one of the few that doesn't.

Last edited:

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Wolf can be made more unique though, so he's not wrong. And guys if Luigi can still be called a Mario clone, then of course Wolf is still a Fox clone, he's just a bit further removed from Fox then Falco is.
Except Wolf is even more separated from Fox than Luigi is to Mario, and is way more than "a bit further removed than Falco".

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
ZeRo is a jabroni. The sooner people stop bringing him up, the sooner we will all achieve joy.

Man, the Ballot is still up. I'm pretty sure it's the 4th just about everywhere it can be at this point ;-;

Fixed.
Except in Europe and America.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
What if they just decide to extend the ballot for like a few weeks or months?

Falco can too. I still believe he can a more weapon based moveset style but still have some small similarities to Fox

Chrono.

Falco can too. I still believe he can a more weapon based moveset style but still have some small similarities to Fox
It's been up for half a year I mean... how much data could they need?

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Except Wolf is even more separated from Fox than Luigi is to Mario, and is way more than "a bit further removed than Falco".
He still is technically a clone of Fox though, even with his more diversified moveset, cause its still clear his moveset was inspired by Fox' moveset

Last edited:

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
If Wolf returns, do you think we'll also get a third Landmaster or will his final smash be changed?

For the next Smash I could see Falco changing to an Arwing especially since now Star Fox Zero allows Arwings to walk on land. Basically I'm imagining Falco with Emmett Grave's level 3 in PSABR

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
The content is likely already in development in this point, and I doubt they would need any more data since anyone still voting is either a ballot stuffer or doesn't know what 'Smash' is.

Chrono.

So about Street Fighter...
"There will be 16 characters, plus one new character and 2 returning ones"
People are interpreting this as 3 unplayable characters/unlockables.

Personally, I think it's a mistranslation, but who knows. Thoughts?

Khoru

Smash Champion
It's a remix of a song in Shovel Knight.
These are official remixes BTW, so they have a reasonable chance to be on Shovel Knight's stage if he gets in.
yes, i can see that
do you think i was opining on songs i'd never heard
is there any precedence whatsoever for arrangements like this being reused in smash
that's a legitimate question

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

I know there's gonna be 3 unlockables.

The two are easily
Final Boss
Akuma

The last one might seem fishy but it'll be something similar to like Gouken or even the return of Evil Ryu.

D

Deleted member

Khoru Khoru talking **** about the Shovel Knight OST and I'm just here like
Bertrand_var_2.png

Get that **** outta my face please

The translation is right tho
And it makes sense to assume these 3 are separated from the other 16 in some way

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If Wolf returns, do you think we'll also get a third Landmaster or will his final smash be changed?
Given it's easier from a development standpoint to give him a Landmaster, he'll probably have the same Final Smash as in Brawl.

I mean, Lucas has the exact same Final Smash as Ness. Dr. Mario, Lucina and Dark Pit also have carbon copies of other Final Smashes, so I wouldn't be surprised if Wolf was given the same treatment if only to save on resources.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

Some people have been speculating that we could get more than 16, I guess this could be adding some fuel to the fire.

I'd wait before we put any stock into this, though.

Khoru

Smash Champion
Khoru Khoru talking **** about the Shovel Knight OST and I'm just here like
View attachment 76334
Get that **** outta my face please
don't put words in my mouth?? i like the shovel knight music.
i just think that all of the boss songs are vastly inferior to level songs and that arrangements not from the game shouldn't be a crutch for compositions to stand on.

Chrono.

I know there's gonna be 3 unlockables.

The two are easily
Final Boss
Akuma

The last one might seem fishy but it'll be something similar to like Gouken or even the return of Evil Ryu.
I can see the last one being Urien if they don't go with a souped up version of an existing character.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
yes, i can see that
do you think i was opining on songs i'd never heard
is there any precedence whatsoever for arrangements like this being reused in smash
that's a legitimate question
The closest thing to it is what happened in Brawl with Ai No Uta, I think, but that's a bit different, since it's not a remix of anything, but an outside source made the music.

D

Deleted member

don't put words in my mouth??
I'm not
all of the boss songs are vastly inferior to level songs
It's right here
Because if you don't think the boss themes are the straightest **** there is then get that out of my face because I won't be standing here to hear you talk **** about Spoopy Knight's theme
It summoms ****ing skeletons
Even they know it's a song worth dancing to

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom